PDA

View Full Version : Marlin vs China Spring

marlin fan
09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
i take marlin in this one 35-3!!! GO BULLDOGS!!!!:D :rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :devil: :eek:

cshscougar08
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
You do obviously love the band more. ;)

BTownVBall3
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Not likely..

marlin fan
09-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
You do obviously love the band more. ;) i only enjoy the bands if we are up by like 21 lol wish i could make this game though i LOVE yalls band!!!:D

espn1
09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
You do obviously love the band more. ;) That's funny! I gotta go with CS on this one.

JR2004
09-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll go with Marlin. Even though they aren't likely to win I'll go with them.

87 TIGER
09-23-2008, 11:46 PM
China wins , but its closer than they would like. 35-31

marlin fan
09-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
China wins , but its closer than they would like. 35-31 u think we can keep it that close? i havent been able to get out and see us play this year yet its been rough

smash mouth
09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
i dont think marlin can stop china but china will have trouble with their athletic QB
still say china

navscanmaster
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Marlin hasn't exactly been playing any pushovers this year. That is about all they have going for them in this matchup though. I hope it is a good game, but my instinct says CS 42-21. Good luck to both teams.

dutchman
09-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Marlin has been improving each week. Mistakes and letting up at the wrong time has hurt them, but they are young. This is probably the largest line on both sides of the ball Marlin has had in a long time and it consist of three sophomores, one freshman, and a senior.

Offensively there are four seniors and the rest are sophomores and freshman.

Marlin will not contain Mike Hicks, but they must keep the receivers in front of them.

As for the game Marlin and China Spring have always had close games regardless of the talent, with the exception of the 2001 game when China Spring blew Marlin out 43-14.

If we can keep it close in the first half I like our chances in this one. Good luck to all players and safe travels to the Marlin fans.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2008, 06:55 AM
Go bands! :nerd:

trojan37
09-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
China wins , but its closer than they would like. 35-31

HAHA! I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

cshscougar08
09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
HAHA! I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

You should see on Centex where all the Marlin homers really think they are going to win.

trojan37
09-25-2008, 08:45 AM
You should see on Centex where all the Marlin homers really think they are going to win.

I saw that the other night. It had me laughing pretty hard. Did they forget the butt whipping that was handed to them in week 1 by LV? Or they think they can beat China Spring just because they beat Mart? Hilarious.

cshscougar08
09-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I saw that the other night. It had me laughing pretty hard. Did they forget the butt whipping that was handed to them in week 1 by LV? Or they think they can beat China Spring just because they beat Mart? Hilarious.

I honestly don't know what they're thinking. No doubt they have more speed. But we're deeper, more disciplined, and just better overall. Although, I will say we don't need to let them hang around any.

Snydertigersrul
09-25-2008, 12:48 PM
WHY IS CHINA SPRING PLAYING A 2A SCHOOL???:thinking:

dutchman
09-25-2008, 06:55 PM

No, it was not because Marlin beat Mart that they believe they have a chance in this game. It is because they are Marlin Bulldogs; most schools may have baseball, basketball, etc. Marlin is football, that is what they know, that is what they do.

Against La Vega, most of these younger players had no idea what varsity football was about. While China Spring has been playing cream puffs to make their record look good, Marlin has been playing a tough schedule to get better.

West will do good to win 2 more games this year now that is hilarious!

formermbcouns
09-25-2008, 07:08 PM
I saw that the other night. It had me laughing pretty hard. Did they forget the butt whipping that was handed to them in week 1 by LV? Or they think they can beat China Sprimore ng just because they beat Mart? Hilarious.

Yes, I think CS will probably win this game. It would be an upset in most people's eyes if Marlin wins. But, let's keep things in perspective trojan37 and folks from West. CS and LaVega are both schools with more than double Marlin's enrollment.

trojan37
09-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
Yes, I think CS will probably win this game. It would be an upset in most people's eyes if Marlin wins. But, let's keep things in perspective trojan37 and folks from West. CS and LaVega are both schools with more than double Marlin's enrollment.

Last time I checked enrollment has nothing to do with it. You put 11 guys on the field just like they do, right?

smash mouth
09-25-2008, 09:08 PM
it does have something to do with it but it a well coached team can compete with larger schools
also athletes always give you a chance - speed you either have it or you are chasing it