PDA

View Full Version : have you ever been in the service? which one?

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
did you ever think of joining the military?

what service were you in, if any?

national guard/state guard/ reserve are part of whatever service they fall under

i think it's been awhile since anyone last talked about it here

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 08:52 PM
thanks for the move!

Trashman
09-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Spent 11 and a half years as an Armor Officer. Got to see the world and enjoyed most of my time. Being separted from my family got harder as my kids got older. If I had to do it all over again, I would do it in a heart beat!

Necks_Fan
09-23-2008, 09:17 PM
My bro is in the Army. My mom says I'm not allowed to go. She says she can't take another of hers in a war.

anyway, I'm not even 18 yet.

But, thanks for all the service men/women.

Trashman
09-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
My bro is in the Army. My mom says I'm not allowed to go. She says she can't take another of hers in a war.

anyway, I'm not even 18 yet.

But, thanks for all the service men/women.

I have 5 daughters 3 of which are elegible for military service. The 2 oldest both serve, one in the Air Force and one in the Army. It is tough, and I worry about them all the time, wheather they are deployed or not.

The point is I worry about them, even if they had civilian jobs. When your time is up, it is up, no matter where you are, or, what you are doing. Your Mom is like all parents, she will worry about you even when your sitting at home.:D

IHStangFan
09-23-2008, 10:48 PM
US Army
1995-2000 (Active Duty)
2000-2003 (Active Reserve)

*Basic - B3/321st FA, Ft. Sill, OK
*AIT - D447th, Ft. Gordon, GA
*B304th, Camp Long, Korea
*A327th/35th Airborne, Ft. Bragg, NC
*293rd Sig., Camp Walker & Carroll, Korea
*352nd Eng., Yoakum, TX

After getting out of the military, I contracted also

*"R Site" Diego Garcia, B.I.O.T.
*Camp Doha TCF, Camp Doha, Kuwait
*General Dynamics, Ft. Huachuca/Sierra Vista, AZ

In talks now to go to Iraq in support of the Marines.

Thanks for your service fellow servicemen and women!

If you're interested in contracting overseas, drop me a line, I've done it a few times and might be able to point you in the right direction.
:)

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
USMC

2004-2012 (Active Duty)

MCRD San Diego (Boot Camp)
Camp Pendleton, CA (Marine Combat Training)
Fort Leonard Wood, MO (NBC Training)
MWSS-272, MCAS New River, NC
Marine Security Guard Battalion, Quantico, VA

Operation Iraqi Freedom

IHStangFan
09-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
USMC

2004-2012 (Active Duty)

MCRD San Diego (Boot Camp)
Camp Pendleton, CA (Marine Combat Training)
Fort Leonard Wood, MO (NBC Training)
MWSS-272, MCAS New River, NC
Marine Security Guard Battalion, Quantico, VA

Operation Iraqi Freedom Hey Rix....if you're headed to the sandbox anytime soon lemme know. If I land this job I'll be w/ the Marines this go around.

charlesrixey
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Hey Rix....if you're headed to the sandbox anytime soon lemme know. If I land this job I'll be w/ the Marines this go around.

well, right now i'm stuck up in DC/Virginia with the Department of State--by the time i get back out there, most of it will be over

not that i'm clamouring for another 7 months away from my family, but it is a lot quieter there now

IHStangFan
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
well, right now i'm stuck up in DC/Virginia with the Department of State--by the time i get back out there, most of it will be over

not that i'm clamouring for another 7 months away from my family, but it is a lot quieter there now Amen to that. I hear ya.

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I didn't go into the service. Thanks to the movie Top Gun, half of
my friends joined the Air Force though.:doh: :nerd: :D

Phil C
09-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I never had the honor of serving in the military. I never burned my draft card either. I was just one that had a high lottery number and never joined. But thanks to you who have for serving our country.

turbostud
09-24-2008, 04:07 PM
I was in the U.S. Coast Guard and I am still a reservist at Station South Padre Island.

charlesrixey
09-24-2008, 05:59 PM
My twin brother is in the air force (there were none represented on here so i figured i'd throw down a name)

he is stationed at Barksdale in Shreveport