PDA

View Full Version : Parr released

eagles_victory
09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Parr was released today and his playing status is uncertain.

JR2004
09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Hope things go well for him. A kid that young still has time to rectify their life and not wind up making more stupid life-altering decisions down the road. I actually kinda hope someone down that way reaches out to him one more time and maybe this time he'll listen.

Matthew328
09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Yeah one can only hope he gets his life right...

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 07:12 PM
From the curfew the Judge set, I'm going out on a limb and guessing football is out of the question.

JR2004
09-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
From the curfew the Judge set, I'm going out on a limb and guessing football is out of the question.

Who cares about football in a situation such as this.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I don't. EV's post said "playing status unknown".

Boomer
09-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

Sometimes football is all a person has. He needs to be surrounded by good role models. This will be a awesome story if he ever plays football again.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Sometimes football is all a person has. He needs to be surrounded by good role models. This will be a awesome story if he ever plays football again.
Yes, it will, but only if he gets headed in the right direction first.

Boomer
09-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Of course, thats what's so good about it, if it happens. He is only a Jr, right? So many kids fall and loose sight of their goals. He just needs to be redirected, but he has to want to.

ronwx5x
09-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Parr was released today and his playing status is uncertain.

Has he been able to attend classes at school? If not, he's probably ineligible.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

that depends on if stipulations are in place that allow him out for certain circumstances

Necks_Fan
09-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
that depends on if stipulations are in place that allow him out for certain circumstances True that.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
that depends on if stipulations are in place that allow him out for certain circumstances
Good point. I was just going from the info available in the article...hence "guess".

Looking4number8
09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
I hope everything works out for the kid, not just in football but hope he gets his act together and realizes his potential in life. No matter what he has done, he is still just a kid and needs the support of some law abiding adults

Ranger Mom
09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
I read an article on him a couple of weeks ago. Under that article were LOTS of comments.

I think if the coach lets him back on the team....the town may riot!!!:eek: :eek:

Chillimaru
09-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Playing football is probably the only shot this kid has at turning his life around because if he had someone as a role model to start with he wouldnt be in this boat.

injuredinmelee
09-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
Playing football is probably the only shot this kid has at turning his life around because if he had someone as a role model to start with he wouldnt be in this boat.

football isnt all this kid has. Maybe he should apply himself to his studies, get a job and work to make his life better. He broke the law supposedly and if it is proven to be true he needs to suffer the consequences. He doesnt deserve to be on any other team than one thats busting rocks or making license plates. High School football isnt a right its a privilege he threw away.

IHStangFan
09-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Hope he can turn it around, but I suspect he'll be another sad statistic.

cshscougar08
09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I read an article on him a couple of weeks ago. Under that article were LOTS of comments.

I think if the coach lets him back on the team....the town may riot!!!:eek: :eek:

I agree RM. The people of Bellmead (the town that La Vega is technically in) are as fed up with him as anyone. And rightfully so, especially the parents of the players. They have had to deal with him getting into trouble since he got to La Vega. And not just high school either. It's basically the story of his life. Literally, unfortunately. I hope as much as anyone that he can see the light and get his act together cause that boy can PLAY and it's a shame to see someone just go off and waste that God-given talent that they have. But I agree that he should not be let back on the team. The other players probably don't want him back, the town doesn't want him back, and lastly, the team doesn't NEED him back. Neither as a player or a distraction to them.

cshscougar08
09-23-2008, 10:29 PM
From the Waco Trib:

"Before his arrest, Parr was La Vega’s star running back. Because of the curfew as a condition for his release on bond, he will not be able to play in Friday night football games, his attorney said."

Guess that answers the question of whether or not he is playing.

bulldog64
09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Like Bertier said in Remember the Titans "somtimes you gotta cut a man loose, coach"

c-town_balla
09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
sounds like parr has been rolling with ninjas

The affidavit states Parr walked up to Sawyer, pointed the gun at him, then asked, “What kind of shoes are you wearing? ”

Sawyer replied, “It doesn’t matter,” then kicked his shoes off and pushed them toward Parr.

Another man then ran up to Sawyer and kicked him in the chest, knocking him to the ground, and told Parr to take the victim’s hat.

bulldog64
09-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I`d say football isn`t gonna save or change this guy`s attitude any. Time in the pokey might make him rethink his attitude though.

jason
09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
nm i would get banned

espn1
09-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
sounds like parr has been rolling with ninjas

The affidavit states Parr walked up to Sawyer, pointed the gun at him, then asked, “What kind of shoes are you wearing? ”

Sawyer replied, “It doesn’t matter,” then kicked his shoes off and pushed them toward Parr.

Another man then ran up to Sawyer and kicked him in the chest, knocking him to the ground, and told Parr to take the victim’s hat. I'll generalize hear! People that fit within these parameters need a bullet between the eyes!