PDA

View Full Version : How do You get Good Seats?

Buffgal
09-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm very new to buying tickets for college games. What is the best way to do this?

I recently spent a lot of $$$ hoping to get some good seats for the A & M/TTU game. Got my tickets in the mail, they are terrible seats. Evidently I don't know the system. Somebody give me the inside tips please... I can probably save enough $ to go to one next year and I would like the players to look a little bigger than fire ants.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-23-2008, 06:32 PM
1) Go to the home school's website, grab a seating diagram. Print it out and keep it handy.
2) DO NOT buy a ticket if you do not know where the seat is. Opens you up to getting scammed.
3) Unless you're buying for next years game, be prepared to spend some dough. Even if a team loses some games, this is Texas: people still want to go. Right now I'm trying to buy 5 (5!) tickets for TTU/UT--even if each loses a game or 2 between now and then, I'm still looking at 100-150 a ticket for decent (read: High but with good view) seats. Its just the way it is.
4) Initially try the home team's preferred ticket vendor (I believe Texas Box Office for UT); if there's any left, you can get it there for face value, though it will most likely be nosebleeds. If nothing there, good 3rd party vendors are stub hub, a-1tickets.com, and ebay (surprisingly).

Hope that helps!

GreenGobbla
09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
you might find some on craigslist as well...

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
You bought a ticket without knowing where it was at????

Buffgal
09-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Second mistake. I let my daughter buy them since she is a student @ TTU and TTU website stated that was the only way you could get tickets was have an affiliation with TTU. It's also the only time I will get to see her this semester since it is cheaper to fly her to us instead of the whole family flying to LBK>

However, last year a ATM alumni (big booster guy) got me tickets to the A &M/TTU game and they were still nose bleed section. Obviously I haven't learned my lesson yet about keeping the stadium seating chart in my purse next to my checkbook.

I will not be so apprehensive about buying them on ebay or craigslist next time. I was just afraid of getting fake tickets but instead I paid alot for not very good seats. I'm living the old saying" You have to be young and dumb before you can be old and wise." Geez, I'm almost 50, didn't think it would take so long.

Thanks for all the tips.

smash mouth
09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
go to a Baylor game - good open seats everywhere

catgut
09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
A site that I've used in the past with great results is ticketliquidator.com
You pay a little extra but for the seats you get it's worth it. I used it to go to Rangers-Astros game this summer. Sat 8 rows behind 3rd base dugout. I could have got tickets right behind the plate but was looking for 8 seats together.

cshscougar08
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Be a STUDENT!!!! :D:D:D