PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 3ADL Rivalries

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
What are the Top 10 3ADL Rivalries?

Rivalries on the board; i.e. Celina vs LH.

Bullaholic
09-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Sweetwater-Snyder has got to be the most hotly contested on the board.

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Celina LH is stupid they've only played once!

Go Blue vs. West Texas
Go Blue vs. Region I

jason
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Sweetwater-Snyder has got to be the most hotly contested on the board. thats more along the lines of most annoying.....

CHS_89
09-23-2008, 03:16 PM

I agree.

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:18 PM
It would be better if either team were relevant

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It would be better if either team were relevant THIS!!!

Maroon87
09-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Celina LH is stupid they've only played once!

Go Blue vs. West Texas
Go Blue vs. Region I

Well you've never played either of your "rivals" at all.

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by jason
thats more along the lines of most annoying.....

You don't sound thoroughly convinced.:confused:

Here's a few examples to remind you just how annoying.:devil:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73538&highlight=Sweetwater+Snyder+rivalry+thread

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45803&highlight=Sweetwater+Snyder+rivalry+thread

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37626&highlight=Sweetwater+Snyder+rivalry+thread

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
It would be better if either team were relevant http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8238/yawn1ev4.gif
Gee, we can't all be from Forney.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8238/yawn1ev4.gif
Hey at least you would know what it feels like to even have a team play in the state championship and have a decent all time win %.

Daddy D 11
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8238/yawn1ev4.gif

This is getting good:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Maroon87
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
This is getting good:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

didn't take long, did it?

Daddy D 11
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
didn't take long, did it?

Nope. And we dont even have any Brownwood or Celina people on here yet. Oopps i shouldn't have said that:doh: Now they are going to come runnning:p

Ranger Mom
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey at least you would know what it feels like to even have a team play in the state championship and a decent all time win %

Who peed in your post toasties??

Bullaholic
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM

And you love every minute of it. :D

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Hey at least you would know what it feels like to even have a team play in the state championship and a decent all time win %

Sweetwater has played in two and Actually WON one of them and they have a better winning
percentage than Forney. So, explain your relevency theory again.:doh:

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sweetwater has played in two and Actually WON one of them and they have a better winning
percentage than Forney. So, explain your relevency theory again.:doh:
Still more relevant than Snyder, I have no beef with Sweetwater other then them being SLOW!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who peed in your post toasties??

He's just trying to impress Big Brother.:D

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Jason steals 90% of his material from me

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey at least you would know what it feels like to even have a team play in the state championship and have a decent all time win %. Well I guess we will just be happy with the success we've had since Coach Rogers came making the semis twice. I think that's more recent success than your Jackrabbits until this year.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 03:45 PM
He's just trying to impress Big Brother.:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Well I guess we will just be happy with the success we've had since Coach Rogers came making the semis twice. I think that's more recent success than your Jackrabbits until this year.
It could be a team of 22 clones of me and we would have success in west texas

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 03:48 PM
It could be a team of 22 clones of me and we would have success in west texas http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
Don't flatter yourself, we've seen pictures.
:devil: :devil:

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
Don't flatter yourself, we've seen pictures.
:devil: :devil:
That's what I am saying, thanks for confirming!

I think I could still squirt out a 5.0 40

Daddy D 11
09-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Only time i've ever seen a Snyder team play was in the Baseball State Championships this year and i must admit..them boys was big:eek: Plus, i've never even heard of Forney. Where is it?

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
That's what I am saying, thanks for confirming! I'm sure you would dominate against the OL and DL in West Texas, probably tackle Rufus McCann all by yourself.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I could still squirt Probably be successful at this for sure. :p

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Only time i've ever seen a Snyder team play was in the Baseball State Championships this year and i must admit..them boys was big:eek: Plus, i've never even heard of Forney. Where is it?
30 miles East of Dallas. Went up to 4A along with Everman leaving the door open for some other teams to take the #1 and #2 spots in 3A.

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Probably be successful at this for sure. :p
I have had some bad diarrhea the past week

Daddy D 11
09-23-2008, 03:53 PM
30 miles East of Dallas. Went up to 4A along with Everman leaving the door open for some other teams to take the #1 and #2 spots in 3A.

So you're near Lake Fork? Place is great.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
30 miles East of Dallas. Went up to 4A along with Everman leaving the door open for some other teams to take the #1 and #2 spots in 3A. Lucky for Celina and Liberty Hill, Daddy D.:devil:

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
So you're near Lake Fork? Place is great.
No, near the clear, pristine Trinity River

Daddy D 11
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
No, near the clear, pristine Trinity River

LOL oh okay.

And more like lucky for LH DaHop, we all know Celina has seriously struggled since moving up to 3A:evillol:

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm sure you would dominate against the OL and DL in West Texas, probably tackle Rufus McCann all by yourself.

Him AND Jason couldn't tackle Rufus.:devil:

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Him AND Jason couldn't tackle Rufus.:devil:
I dunno, jason has all the fat genes in our family, up there at 6'6" about 340 now

Pick6
09-23-2008, 04:15 PM

And all this time I thought Jason was his dad :thinking:

BwdLions
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Bullaholic, don't you guys consider Decatur a big rival? The HC over there is an old teammate of mine from Bwd.

Emerson1
09-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
And all this time I thought Jason was his dad :thinking:
That's 3afan actually, I see where you were going but nice try anyways!

Pick6
09-23-2008, 05:02 PM
That's 3afan actually, I see where you were going but nice try anyways!

;)

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Here's some advice. Don't click on the threads!!!!!!!! :doh: :doh:

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Here's a question:

Does the rivalry count if it's only one-sided?

Matthew328
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Some of the best ones I remember

Sinton vs. Burnet (it was always friendly)
Sweetwater vs. Snyder
Brownwood vs. The World
West Orange-Stark vs. The World when they dropped

BEAST
09-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Sweetwater vs. Snyder
Brownwood vs. The World

Here we go again. Cant even leave us alone on our bye week. I geuss that is how the rest of 3A feels, but that isnt Brownwood stance this year more so than any other. We always feel like its us against the world man. Even though it has been years since the title days Brownwood always has a target on them. Oh well, just another year in football paradise.

BEAST

lion75
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Back in the early90's Vernon and Southlake put on some shows.

BEAST
09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Back in the early90's Vernon and Southlake put on some shows.

I actually made one of those games. Dont remember which year it was, but it was a good game. Rooting for Vernon was like rooting for Brownwood. Back then we had almost identical uniforms and the school song(the tune) was damn near the same.

BEAST

Rocket
09-23-2008, 08:43 PM

Sweetwater vs. Snyder
Brownwood vs. The World

You're right Matt. But so far, Brownwood hasn't really seen any competition on the 3ADL. Most of these chumps like Daddy D, Super R, and daug are subpar and really lack wits and relevance. I have seen some ok stuff from LH overall (including wimbo in with LH because he drinks Panther Jock Juice like his life depends on it). Then there is nobogey who thinks he is a stand up comedian and people want to actually read his "I'm here all week" schtick. nobogey has actually made me laugh some as much as I hate to admit it. I can't forget RWB, who tried to spar with me but got handled pretty easily. I will admit that she did get Clyde being average right, especially if Sweetwater beat them. Bobcat Benny gets on my last nerve. Good job, dude, your signature alone just gets my blood boiling. ;) Sweetwater Red is a good guy, but I own him. ha ha

The funny thing to me is talking smack to these people and me thinking they are men only to find out they are women. Reminds me of Jerry Springer. Super R and firstcat, please accept my apologies.

People I have got a kick out of are JR2004, Ranger Mom, and P4S, nobogey, wimbo, LHexplayer, and LH Panther Mom. I have seen some ok stuff from Phil C and Emerson1, but I think that is because I haven't been dealing with them much. Txbroadcaster is another good one. Can't forget about DaHop and garciap.:D

I want to send some shout outs now to BEAST, solocam, espn1, Lion Addict, Lookingfornumber8, BwdLion_80, Matthew328, LionKing, Go BWD Lions, Bwdlions, garciap, and DaHop.

In 2 Weeks we got the all out 2-3A WAR between Brownwood and Wylie. Brownwood will whip some butt on the downlow. Look for the Rocket and BEAST to handle some bidness on Wylie.

Matthew328
09-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I actually made one of those games. Dont remember which year it was, but it was a good game. Rooting for Vernon was like rooting for Brownwood. Back then we had almost identical uniforms and the school song(the tune) was damn near the same.

BEAST

The Vernon-SLC game at Pennington Field is for me the greatest 3A game ever.

Everman-Forney in 2001 is close!

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
The funny thing to me is talking smack to these people and me thinking they are men only to find out they are women. Reminds me of Jerry Springer. Super R and firstcat, please accept my apologies.
More apologies needed. Super R is a dude. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

BleedOrange
09-23-2008, 08:58 PM
You're right Matt. But so far, Brownwood hasn't really seen any competition on the 3ADL. Most of these chumps like Daddy D, Super R, and daug are subpar and really lack wits and relevance. I have seen some ok stuff from LH overall (including wimbo in with LH because he drinks Panther Jock Juice like his life depends on it). Then there is nobogey who thinks he is a stand up comedian and people want to actually read his "I'm here all week" schtick. nobogey has actually made me laugh some as much as I hate to admit it. I can't forget RWB, who tried to spar with me but got handled pretty easily. I will admit that she did get Clyde being average right, especially if Sweetwater beat them. Bobcat Benny gets on my last nerve. Good job, dude, your signature alone just gets my blood boiling. ;) Sweetwater Red is a good guy, but I own him. ha ha

People I have got a kick out of are JR2004, Ranger Mom, and P4S, nobogey, wimbo, LHexplayer, and LH Panther Mom. I have seen some ok stuff from Phil C and Emerson1, but I think that is because I haven't been dealing with them much. Txbroadcaster is another good one. Can't forget about DaHop and garciap.:D

I want to send some shout outs now to BEAST, solocam, espn1, Lion Addict, Lookingfornumber8, BwdLion_80, Matthew328, LionKing, Go BWD Lions, Bwdlions, garciap, and DaHop.

In 2 Weeks we got the all out 2-3A WAR between Brownwood and Wylie. Brownwood will whip some butt on the downlow. Look for the Rocket and BEAST to handle some bidness on Wylie.

You obviously think you are much more talented in your repartee than the rest of the folks on here. I would equate that to the success of Brownwood to date in its foray into the world of 3A football. Delusional but at times entertaining.

Rocket
09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
More apologies needed. Super R is a dude. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

No, I got it right... ;)

Rocket
09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
You obviously think you are much more talented in your repartee than the rest of the folks on here. I would equate that to the success of Brownwood to date in its foray into the world of 3A football. Delusional but at times entertaining.

Do you teach English? :rolleyes:

No, just my opinion. The 3ADL according to me.:D

garciap77
09-23-2008, 09:07 PM

http://www.bobified.com/malin/smileys/smiley_dramaqueen.gif

;)
P.S. Rocket! That's the only place you're going to whip butt, because in the field the Bulldogs are going to whip them Lion's butt! :D

BleedOrange
09-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Do you teach English? :rolleyes:

No, just my opinion. The 3ADL according to me.:D

Why would I teach English? Just making an obversation. All that being said, I look forward to the Brownwood Celina matchup in the State semis. It will be a classic.

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 09:12 PM
oooo

repartee!

rocket's time will come:p

lion75
09-23-2008, 09:12 PM

I would have to concur. Dallas Morning News last year had an article listing the most memorable games in Texas HS history. I think they listed six games and that was the only 3a game mentioned.

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Why would I teach English? Just making an obversation. All that being said, I look forward to the Brownwood Celina matchup in the State semis. It will be a classic.

well, then you should pay attention to celina this week

whitehouse has some similarities to brownwood

BleedOrange
09-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
well, then you should pay attention to celina this week

Hopefully, that similarity is they both play Celina this year.

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Hopefully, that similarity is they both play Celina this year.

agreed!

it would be very nice to play brownwood enough to have a rivalry

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
How so?

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
:blahblah:

Matthew328
09-23-2008, 09:36 PM
They are both maroon?

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
They are both maroon?
Good answer! :clap: :clap: :D

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
both of them have good quarterbacks and bend but don't break defenses (unless playing LH, apparently) and neither team has won a state title since ronald reagan was in his first term

BleedOrange
09-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good answer! :clap: :clap: :D

They will both be playing Celina is the real answer.

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 12:56 AM

Sweetwater vs. Snyder
Brownwood vs. The World

I don't know Matt....the Burnet traveling to Corpus threads weren't very friendly. We had pissing dogs, marketing classes and even you telling people to quit crying! :D

buff4ever
09-24-2008, 06:22 AM
I don't know if this thread went the way it was suppose to or not, but I have to say the Bellville/Sealy thing going on is pretty funny.

87 TIGER
09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Rockdale and Cameron
Battle of the Bell
Not only do the teams get into it but the communities as well young and old alike The players and fans circle this date from the beginning of two a days

jason
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
anti-band people vs pro-band people

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5294&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

kepdawg
09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
anti-band people vs pro-band people

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5294&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Good call! :)

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't know Matt....the Burnet traveling to Corpus threads weren't very friendly. We had pissing dogs, marketing classes and even you telling people to quit crying! :D

For real....I got peed on and I didn't even have a dog in that fight!!!!

Speaking of...I ran across a post by "paintball" earlier!!!:p :p

espn1
09-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't know Matt....the Burnet traveling to Corpus threads weren't very friendly. We had pissing dogs, marketing classes and even you telling people to quit crying! :D I have to say that was one of the most fun games I've attended! When Burnet scored their first Touchdown their must have been 10,000 tortillas flying in the air. I never laughed so hard in my life. They threatened to stop the game because of Sea Gulls or something like that!

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by espn1
I have to say that was one of the most fun games I've attended! When Burnet scored their first Touchdown their must have been 10,000 tortillas flying in the air. I never laughed so hard in my life. They threatened to stop the game because of Sea Gulls or something like that! That was a CCISD thing, not a Sinton thing!

espn1
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Burnet - LH is one of our biggest rivalries! Listening to the arguments from the PEC guys are classics.

espn1
09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
That was a CCISD thing, not a Sinton thing! Yeah! I knew it was!

Dominicfrank
09-24-2008, 12:04 PM
This was the first game I watched in the Dallas area. I wasnt ablet o travel to most out of town games and thank god we saw this one. I still to this day think this was one of the great FOOTBALL games I have seen. I hate that we lost, I think we were good enough to win that game. Dexter Butler will always be the best high school Runnind Back I have ever watched. Dane Johnson was a stud as well for Southlake, taking the opening play for a TD. I will always remember Chris Enloe hitting Cardenas in the hands ona post pattern unfortuanltey Cardenas dropped the ball. He was 10 yards behind the last SLC defender. Unreal. I also will never be convinced that Dexter fumbled the ball towards the end of the game. THe play was over for 5 seconds when he let the ball go ON PUROPSE !

this game had it all. Loved seeing it first hand even though we lost.

Everman-Forney in 2001 is close!

Dominicfrank
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Vernon v Graham, Vernon v Iowa Park, Vernon v Wylie, Vernon v Sweetwater, we spread it out. Whoever is winning is a rival for us, good thing is Vernon doesnt usually have an off year. Could be this year though.

BwdLions
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Vernon v Graham, Vernon v Iowa Park, Vernon v Wylie, Vernon v Sweetwater, we spread it out. Whoever is winning is a rival for us, good thing is Vernon doesnt usually have an off year. Could be this year though.

Graham vs Breckenridge is a good rivalry too. It's good to see both teams in the same district again this year.

Emerson1
09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I have seen some ok stuff from Phil C and Emerson1, but I think that is because I haven't been dealing with them much.
You didn't get to see me in my prime. People are to scared these days to make it personal and are quick to go to the accomplishments of others to make them look better.

navscanmaster
09-24-2008, 05:54 PM

Funny post, especially about the jock juice. Good one. BTW, if for some reason AW doesn't make the playoffs, or Taylor does, Brownwood might match up with Navasota. Then you would have an instant rivalry with RattlerDude. That will be fun. Just ask DaddyD11 and Go Blue. It was very enjoyable, and created one of the longest 3ADL threads ever.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Funny post, especially about the jock juice. Good one. BTW, if for some reason AW doesn't make the playoffs, or Taylor does, Brownwood might match up with Navasota. Then you would have an instant rivalry with RattlerDude. That will be fun. Just ask DaddyD11 and Go Blue. It was very enjoyable, and created one of the longest 3ADL threads ever.
Heck, if half of it hadn't been split off (waaaaaaay off topic lol), it would've been even longer! :D

jason
09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
aggie john vs all anti-aggies

44INAROW
09-24-2008, 07:56 PM
(including wimbo in with LH because he drinks Panther Jock Juice like his life depends on it). .

Wimbo - Is Panther Jock Juice a Central Texas thang? I went to the Stop and Rob a while ago and they didn't know what I was talking about :D

wow Aggie John - I wonder how he and the misses are doing?

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 07:58 PM

I called him the thread killer. When you looked down at the
bottom of the first page, there were always two or three threads
that were last responded to by him.

44INAROW
09-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I called him the thread killer. When you looked down at the
bottom of the first page, there were always two or three threads
that were last responded to by him.

he used to get up early (or stay up all night) and take great pride in having a screen shot of every single thread on page 1 with his name in the "last reply" spot......... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: