PDA

View Full Version : who's the best passing team in regions3and4

mojjo_1
09-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Who has the best passing game? Burnet,Sinton,Jasper or somebody else.Who has the go to receiver? Who has the strong arm qb?

beefy
09-18-2002, 08:39 PM
burnet would not be considered at this time as one of the better passing teams. they have made some big plays in the air but lack consistency in the throwing game (due in large to protection problems). i would say sinton would have the upper hand thus far....

Super_Fan
09-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Rockdale frosh. They have a qb that can get the ball where it needs to be. The reciever gots good hands and is a go to person on 2cd and long or 3rd and long. He is also a go to person if you need a big score. The qb can run the ball if he gets in trouble they are a pretty good tandem.

GoOrange
09-18-2002, 10:49 PM
I've only seen four teams this season thus far, but Caldwell's Travis DeLeon is definitely among the better passing QB's in the region, maybe the state. He's averages 150 yards per game with at least six TD passes.

dunn78
09-19-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by beefy:
burnet would not be considered at this time as one of the better passing teams. they have made some big plays in the air but lack consistency in the throwing game (due in large to protection problems). i would say sinton would have the upper hand thus far....

Beffey I totally agree! Mcgee has and awesome arm, and Shipley is one of the best recievers but they can't do it all and teams know that shipley is the best so they double and sometimes triple team him. That is why they are so good though because they have a pretty good running back that they have to stop too. Burnet will go as far as their o line takes them. They are really young up front. They only lost 2 people on the offensive side of the ball last year but they were 2 first team all district lineman and one was all cen-tex.

District303aPastPlayer
09-19-2002, 10:07 AM
Sinton can pass, i am not saying they are the best, but can pass when the recievers get catches. The ball is there. . . ANyways, a good passing team dropped out of 3a and went to 2a. The Odem Owls look to make a deep 2a run in the playoffs.

District303aPastPlayer
09-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Sinton can pass, i am not saying they are the best, but can pass when the recievers get catches. The ball is there. . . ANyways, a good passing team dropped out of 3a and went to 2a. The Odem Owls look to make a deep 2a run in the playoffs.

CS_WILDCATS
09-19-2002, 10:17 PM
Hicks from Bandera has to be one of the top QB's in the state. He's drawn interest from alot of the big 12 schools.

Scout24
09-22-2002, 10:27 AM
The top 3 QBs in no particular order have to be Phillip Daugherty, Brett Hicks, and Adrian Alaniz. They have drawn the most college interest and those guys know what they are doing when they recruit. If anyone outside of those 3 are mentioned, you're just biased to your own team.

Shotgun73
09-22-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by dunn78:
Beffey I totally agree! Mcgee has and awesome arm, and Shipley is one of the best recievers but they can't do it all and teams know that shipley is the best so they double and sometimes triple team him. That is why they are so good though because they have a pretty good running back that they have to stop too. Burnet will go as far as their o line takes them. They are really young up front. They only lost 2 people on the offensive side of the ball last year but they were 2 first team all district lineman and one was all cen-tex.

Not blowing your own horn their 78, are you?

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:57 PM
you should look deeper into south texas. for example...the rio grande valley
i know, i know, you figure, they're known for great bands but that doesnt mean that their football cant be good!

whtfbplaya
09-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Matt McIntyre is one of the regions best QB's.
6'3" 205 4.6
Had games last year of 305,260,248,214,204 and a total of 1743 yards and 20 TD's.
And i'll put money on the fact that he has a stronger arm than scout 24's 3.

exbccards76'smom
09-27-2002, 04:51 PM
Jamey Knight from Bridge City is good. He can pass the ball and run it too, in a pinch. He is also the kicker for the team.

GO BIG RED!! BEAT HAMSHIRE-FANNETT!!!

HOSSDADDY
09-28-2002, 01:55 AM
Im not saying that Greer from Newton is even considered to be in any category but he is very consistent this year. I think tonight he probably passed 8-9-0 with probably a little over a hundred yards and one td. That aint bad numbers and he has been doing it all year. Remember Newton is a running team.

Donkey41
09-28-2002, 12:20 PM
I'm not saying Robbins from La Vernia is the best in the Region but he is definatly a contender with Hicks. Robbins had more passing yards last year and more rushing yards than Hicks. Most would say that Hicks was hurt for some games. So!! even when he was playing Robbins had more numbers and why Hicks got District MVP is anyone's guess. Hicks is a good QB but don't overrate him, he's got good numbers against horrible teams. We'll see what happens when he hits a good pass defense.

Old Cardinal
09-28-2002, 02:24 PM
In the passing catagory, I would add Chase Hildago of Hamshire-Fannett, an excellent passer. Also, Orangefield and Anahuac have exceptional passers. For all-round QB's, I would say Greer(Newton) and Knight(Bridge City), they are a real threat either way.

c-town_balla
09-28-2002, 02:56 PM
Pittman and Knight in Cameron. Last night hooked up for the game winner with 1 second both D1 prospects Knight is leaning toward TCU and Pittman is ranked #36 in the nation at reciever and can pretty much choose where he goes.

bellville28runnels
09-28-2002, 04:52 PM
Jess Buenger from Bellville he has a strong arm he can throw the ball from any angle on the field.

yoe_81
09-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Yea, Pittman & Knight hooked up last night for a great pass that won the Game. Pittman(QB,CB), Knight (WR,CB), Wilcox (WR,FS) and Watson (FB,LB) i think are all headed to play ball after thier H.S. carrers are over...if it wasnt for our Young extremly talented sophmores we'd be left in the dust so dont just give the credit to those 3 there are 16 other seniors and 3 Jrs. and 10 Sophs. on the V. squad for the Yoemen, Next year the Yoemen will still be returning 4-5 starters. Watch out for these young guys in the future...Go oYe !!

Scout24
09-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Donkey you're a fool. Hicks ate up La Vernia last year and led his team to the district title so why wouldn't he be district mvp, you're obviously not a football player b/c you base everything on stats. Well college scouts don't, that is why Hicks is being recruited by everyone and Robbins isn't.

Scout24
09-28-2002, 06:15 PM
and the reason Robbins had better stats is Hicks only played 2 4th quarters all year. You need to do your research before you come on here and make silly posts.

Donkey41
09-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Scout24:
Donkey you're a fool. Hicks ate up La Vernia last year and led his team to the district title so why wouldn't he be district mvp, you're obviously not a football player b/c you base everything on stats. Well college scouts don't, that is why Hicks is being recruited by everyone and Robbins isn't.Yes he had decent yrds last year but no body saw his real potential. He got hurt with like 900 pass yrds, and maybe 300 rushing during the year. Yes he's a pretty "good" quarterback, However he is not "great". The writer for the San Antonio express news is from Bandera and has hiped this kid up for the past year. Yes he has scouts, But he will not be very good in the NCAA, just face it, he's not that good.

freestyleking03
09-29-2002, 02:45 PM
Yeah Cameron would have to be one of my choices too.

o'cowboy
09-29-2002, 08:11 PM
I think scouts 3 are there, but also the kid from Wharton is a big strong armed QB that has great poise in the pocket. I saw him in a scrimage last year and this year against A-Pass. And Wharton has a whole stable of speedy recievers.

<small>[ September 29, 2002, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: o'cowboy ]</small>