PDA

View Full Version : The simplest formula yet

Buckeye80
01-24-2004, 10:14 AM
The UIL has proven thus far that they tend to abandon any sense of logic when calculating their new district re-alignments, so I have devised a formula that is both foolproof and remarkably simple. Here are just a few of my new districts. I think you'll catch on to the pattern fairly quickly. Additionally, if you wish to compare mine to the UIL's last six or seven, you'd see that mine makes just about as much sense.

District 1-AAA
Abilene Wylie
Amarillo River Road
Anahuac
Aransas Pass
Atlanta

District 2-AAA
Ballinger
Barber's Hill
Bellville
Brady
Breckenridge
Bridge City..........

District 7-AAA
Gainesville
Gatesville
Giddings
Gilmer
Gladewater
Glen Rose
Goliad........

District 19-AAA
Sanger
Sealy
Sinton
Snyder
Somerset
Spring Hill
Sweeny
Sweetwater.......

District 22-AAA
La Vernia
Van
Van Alstyne
Venus
Vernon
Zapata

My personal favorite is this one..

District 17-AAA
Queen City
Quinlan Ford

These two will play each other five times in one year to decide who is the district champ and who is the district runner-up.

I know I didn't include every team that begins with certain letters. But this whole thing is still a work in progress. It has to be exactly perfect before I propose it to the UIL.

Additionally, we will have to make exceptions for teams whose names actually crease the fabric of the English language. For example, teams such as
C(S)elina and C(Q)uero may have special districts made up for them, or Hell, we may just put them in the same district. Anyway, everyone just keep in mind one thing.

Don't be upset if your team has to travel 500 miles or more for a district game.

Just remember the steely resolve of the Burnet fans who had to drive to Corpus Christi for a playoff game, and didn't utter one negative word about the situation. :D :p

PPHSfan
01-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Man,

District 16-AAA would be big.

Palacios
Palestine Westwood
Pearsall
Pecos
Perryton
Pilot Point
Pittsburg
Pleasant Grove
Port Isabel
Poteet
Pottsboro
Presidio
Princeton
Progreso

But I love your IDEA :D

BHKrystal06
01-24-2004, 04:04 PM
2-AAA wouldn't be bad for me...I love going to Bridge City! :p

vet93
01-24-2004, 08:08 PM
That would be a pretty tough district with Bellville, BH, Bridge City and Ballinger....Yikes!

BHKrystal06:
2-AAA wouldn't be bad for me...I love going to Bridge City! :p

Buckeye80
01-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Everything will work out just about perfectly if Quinlan Ford, Queen City, Yoakum, and Zapata will all change the names of their towns to something a little more conducive to the formula. How about Sinlan Ford, Heen City, Coakum, and Apata? That way you can all have a home with some of the teams from around the state.

BHKrystal06
01-24-2004, 10:41 PM
vet93:
That would be a pretty tough district with Bellville, BH, Bridge City and Ballinger....Yikes!

BHKrystal06:
2-AAA wouldn't be bad for me...I love going to Bridge City! :p Yea, it'd be tough, but we could do it! :D :cool:

AggieJohn
01-26-2004, 01:33 AM
does that mean that liberty and liberty hill and liberty elyau(sp?) will be in the same district

Ranger Mom
01-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Since we are referred to as Midland Greenwood AND Greenwood....would we be able to pick the disrict we want to be in?!?!?!? :D :D

Cat22
01-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Here's another district, I think these are all the O schools. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Orangefield
Ozona
Orange Grove
Odem

I guess they would play each other twice in district. With three teams going to the playoffs, you have a 75% chance to make it in this district. I like OF's chances. That's alot of travel though, but would be fun.