PDA

View Full Version : Emmy awards had low ratings last night!

Phil C
09-22-2008, 10:23 AM
This was last night at the 2008 Emmy Awards. He won it for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program. It was for Mr. Warmth - The Don Rickles Project.

It was well deserved not only for his performance above but also for his many years of great entertainment in television and movies.

Well Done Don!

Phil C
09-22-2008, 04:24 PM
A shame indeed but they should have known better than to go against the Dallas vs Green Bay Game. Such carelessness!

:mad:

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Phil, don't forget the writers' strike last year. We (the American populace) got half a season of shows last year. They deserved half their normal ratings.

piratebg
09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
It was a very hard choice for me to make last night. Cowboys? Emmys? Cowboys? Emmys? We took a vote and ended up watching the Cowboys. I hope I live with myself for not seeing Don Rickles win his first Emmy.

Ranger Mom
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I didn't even know the Emmy's were on....and didn't care one single bit!!:p

When and Al and John were talking about Don Rickles winning an Emmy, I commented on how random that was....it still didn't occur to me that the Emmy's were on at the same time!!

Heck, I didn't even know Don Rickles was still alive!!

Trashman
09-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didn't even know the Emmy's were on....and didn't care one single bit!!:p

When and Al and John were talking about Don Rickles winning an Emmy, I commented on how random that was....it still didn't occur to me that the Emmy's were on at the same time!!

Heck, I didn't even know Don Rickles was still alive!!

:ditto:

What did the big hockey puck do to win the emmy?

Trashman
09-22-2008, 06:30 PM
You......HOCKEY PUCK! He is the original insult comic. Well deserved after all these years.

Phil C
09-23-2008, 09:07 AM
One thing about professional comedians like Don Rickles is that they hate to be bested. But Don Rickles is one of the few that is a great sport. He does dish out insults in a funny way but he is a good sport and can take it. For comedians to be outdone by another celebrity or comedian is embarrashing but to be outdone by somebody who is not famous or a professional is total humiliation. But Don loved to tell how he was once bested when he was doing a show. A lady was in the audiance and Don told her "You know if I was married to you I would give you a glass with poison in it." She replied "If I was married to you I would drink it."

:D