PDA

View Full Version : 4A El Campo @ Columbia

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Who wins and why?

El Campo (3-0) beat 5A brazoswood by 35, and then only beat Wharton by 10.:thinking:

They have good athletes and a good coaching staff and will be the favorites. The Necks on the other hand, have not played as well overall.

They have, however, moved the ball well and have played solid D. Just a few mistakes holding them back from being a VERY solid football team.

Columbia (1-2) has the talent/coaching to hang with or even beat El Campo, it's just a matter of whether they play well enough to do it.

Either way, should be a great game for Columbia to prepare for district. El Campo is a GOOD 4A team.

Good Luck Necks.... :)

JT44
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
El Campo by 3 td's

Antec
09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Reason Wharton and EC were close because of rivalry factor

The Birds should have no trouble with the Necks- no matter where the game is played

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Reason Wharton and EC were close because of rivalry factor

The Birds should have no trouble with the Necks- no matter where the game is played Just REALLY shocked me that they only beat Wharton by 10, and a 5A playoff team last year, that mind you, may be down but still has ALOT of talent by 35 points.

If the Necks play well, it will be a good game. If they turn the ball over, then it won't be so close. I look for them to improve. I think the coaches have a pretty good idea of what needs to be worked on and I beleive they will get it corrected.

JR2004
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
49-13 El Campo

gato 76
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Just REALLY shocked me that they only beat Wharton by 10, and a 5A playoff team last year, that mind you, may be down but still has ALOT of talent by 35 points.

If the Necks play well, it will be a good game. If they turn the ball over, then it won't be so close. I look for them to improve. I think the coaches have a pretty good idea of what needs to be worked on and I beleive they will get it corrected.

I think the Roughnecks have a very good chance to beat EC.I think the birds are not that strong as they seem.As far as beating Wharton by only 10pts,give the Tigers some credit they left everything out on the field,coach Hunt and his staff even if they have not won a game his team is playing with alot of heart.I think those kids are starting to believe in his program and the wins will start coming.I will go with the upset WC 28 EC 24.

TIGER FAN
09-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
I think the Roughnecks have a very good chance to beat EC.I think the birds are not that strong as they seem.As far as beating Wharton by only 10pts,give the Tigers some credit they left everything out on the field,coach Hunt and his staff even if they have not won a game his team is playing with alot of heart.I think those kids are starting to believe in his program and the wins will start coming.I will go with the upset WC 28 EC 24.

I agree with you Gato 76..... If I am not mistaken, I believe El Campo came out of the Wharton game friday with about four hurt players. So, I am going to have to go with the upset as well!

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 04:55 PM
So, How come you say Wc will win, but yet we have 1 vote.... by me? :thinking:

Should have 3 if you 2 were true to your word.

Dogs_21
09-22-2008, 05:14 PM
I say 28-7 El Campo..

Antec
09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
El Campo's game against Victoria Memorial two weeks ago was canceled because Of Hurricane Ike

Im sure the Ricebirds would have beaten the Vipers- who refused to play the game on a Wednesday night

Even without EC running back Maverick Smith- they are still potent

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 07:02 PM

Maybe they didn't actually vote...and others did. :)

Antec
09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Game will be broadcast AM 1390 in El Campo

or over the internet at www.kulpradio.com

TIGER FAN
09-22-2008, 09:28 PM

Just added my vote!

bird_fan
09-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
I agree with you Gato 76..... If I am not mistaken, I believe El Campo came out of the Wharton game friday with about four hurt players. So, I am going to have to go with the upset as well!
Maverick Smith has a high ankle sprang dont know how he is doing so enter Langdon Appling rushing for 200 yarda two 60 + yard runs. Last year the Bird left the wharton game losing thir QB the back up was injured in thir scrimmage. then a line backer was taking the snaps and guess what they made the play of. The bird are going to disappoint you Gato and win. when a team member goes down the rest of the team steps up the Ricebird are about being a team

roughneck_2008
09-23-2008, 12:28 AM
el campo is always well coached and the line always comes off hard, Columbia is goin to have to play consistent football, and not turnover the ball. not taken anything away from the ricebirds but 5A brazoswood is not the team they were last year, still a good win but not great. i hope my boys can pull this one out, just eliminate the mental mistakes and it should be a heck of a game

3afan
09-23-2008, 05:05 AM
EC wins, cooler nickname

carter08
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by roughneck_2008
el campo is always well coached and the line always comes off hard, Columbia is goin to have to play consistent football, and not turnover the ball. not taken anything away from the ricebirds but 5A brazoswood is not the team they were last year, still a good win but not great. i hope my boys can pull this one out, just eliminate the mental mistakes and it should be a heck of a game

You gonna be at the game?

roughneck_2008
09-23-2008, 09:25 AM
no, i wish i could, i was down last weekend when they played foster, its too much gas for my truck to make the trip back too many time, i will be down for when the necks play sweeny

gato 76
09-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by bird_fan
Maverick Smith has a high ankle sprang dont know how he is doing so enter Langdon Appling rushing for 200 yarda two 60 + yard runs. Last year the Bird left the wharton game losing thir QB the back up was injured in thir scrimmage. then a line backer was taking the snaps and guess what they made the play of. The bird are going to disappoint you Gato and win. when a team member goes down the rest of the team steps up the Ricebird are about being a team

Bird fan a high ankle sprain is hard to recover,the Appling kid might be ok but in this district 23AAAA EC will have to have Maverick Smith back.The city cats along with Lamar Cons to me are the 2 top Defenses in the district, an have played a very tough nondistrict schedule.The birds are good just not better the the Mustangs or Blackcats.

carter08
09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
no, i wish i could, i was down last weekend when they played foster, its too much gas for my truck to make the trip back too many time, i will be down for when the necks play sweeny

yeah.

i'll be at this one and the stafford game.

Necks_Fan
09-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08
yeah.

i'll be at this one and the stafford game. I hope you bring good luck....

On a side note.... I was in the paper with gramps last week... Fans of the Week....:) :clap:

roughneck_2008
09-23-2008, 05:43 PM
carter, you should go to the sweeny game, thats the next time im coming down for sure, hopefully we can watch the necks whoop up on sweeny, even though they have the new runnin back

Necks_Fan
09-23-2008, 05:46 PM
carter, you should go to the sweeny game, thats the next time im coming down for sure, hopefully we can watch the necks whoop up on sweeny, even though they have the new runnin back We got a good run D. Should be a good matchup.

Woodard is a good RB.

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 05:48 PM
el campo by as many as they want

Necks_Fan
09-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
el campo by as many as they want Somehow, I highly doubt that. You must not know much about either team.

granted, they could go off on us.... I just don't see that happening.

carter08
09-23-2008, 05:56 PM
carter, you should go to the sweeny game, thats the next time im coming down for sure, hopefully we can watch the necks whoop up on sweeny, even though they have the new runnin back

I might make it down for that. I dunno

Bull's-eye
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
El Campo, but pulling for West Columbia.

Kickin It
09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Should be a good battle. Hopefully Columbia can start hitting on all cylinders and get things going before heading into district. On paper you probably give the edge to EC, but you never know what can happen when the lights come on Friday!!! Good luck Columbia, give Necks_Fan something to get excited about.

Necks_Fan
09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Good luck Columbia, give Necks_Fan something to get excited about. LOL. I stay excited about our games. I just been dissapointed with their sloppiness. I know the players want to preform well, cuz the stage is huge. Homecoming and all.

I know they got it in em and this is the week we show what we're capable of.

Necks by 6. :)

bird_fan
09-24-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
Bird fan a high ankle sprain is hard to recover,the Appling kid might be ok but in this district 23AAAA EC will have to have Maverick Smith back.The city cats along with Lamar Cons to me are the 2 top Defenses in the district, an have played a very tough nondistrict schedule.The birds are good just not better the the Mustangs or Blackcats.
it a good thing that things arent all way as you see it. if they were BC would be state champs almost every year and EC would hardlyu ever win, the one thing you and i have in common and i can appreciate about you is you dedication to the cats Appling is more than ok he a quite gifted athlitet fom a family of gifted athletes.s until BC beats us if they do i dont share your opinion. the Bird demisis was predicted last year whn we lost our QB and we still made the playoff and finshed over Bay City.i feel we can do it again this year. and yeah im being a homer for my team

gato 76
09-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by bird_fan
it a good thing that things arent all way as you see it. if they were BC would be state champs almost every year and EC would hardlyu ever win, the one thing you and i have in common and i can appreciate about you is you dedication to the cats Appling is more than ok he a quite gifted athlitet fom a family of gifted athletes.s until BC beats us if they do i dont share your opinion. the Bird demisis was predicted last year whn we lost our QB and we still made the playoff and finshed over Bay City.i feel we can do it again this year. and yeah im being a homer for my team

We both agree on one thing,the BC-EC game is always like a playoff game.I have lots of respect for the EC program Gillis teams always play hard and never beat themselves,but this year BC defense is very good EC will have to come up with a passing game if they want to beat the city cats.

Necks_Fan
09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Who cares about BC and EC game?

This is about WC and EC.

Discuss.

Lol.

gato 76
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Who cares about BC and EC game?

This is about WC and EC.

Discuss.

Lol.

Don't you know by now the city cats are very popular team in the area.The Bay City - ElCampo game even took over this topic.

Necks_Fan
09-25-2008, 05:10 PM
TTT, this game is tomorrow.

:) :cheerl: :cheerl:

Necks_Fan
09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Game Day!

Also, I heard that Lil Flannel got his boot off yesterday. I didn't see him, BUT that's what they say.

Won't play tonight, but IF things go well.... expect to see him the week after next when District starts in Needville. :)

Good luck Necks!

gobbler grad
09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Ricebirds win this one...:thinking:

themsu97
09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Look, COlumbia wins this one like the way they always do... the sheer gerth of the COlumbia coaches will scare the EC kids for fear that they might be on the buffet...

the Columbia coaches are a bunch of fatties... and one is hoping to grow back his curly mullet

Necks_Fan
09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Ricebirds win this one...:thinking: Maybe so, but I could live with that If we play a good game and don't beat ourselves. If we play well and still lose, well then I will give all the props in the world to EC.... I just don't want to see us beat ourselves again.

Go Necks!:)