PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny Vs Bay City

Dogs_21
09-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Should be a good one they both havent played each other since like 98'...!!! I will sure be in attendance for this one..

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I think Sweeny has the talent to make this game very interesting, BUT I think BC will pull it out in the end. They were solid in a Tough game against a VERY good Cuero team.

If Sweeny runs the ball well, they have a legit chance. They need the QB to be efficient in this one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

If Sweeny runs the ball well, they have a legit chance. They need the QB to be efficient in this one.

Sweeny has one of the best RB's in the area, maybe state he is good. and thier QB passes are on the money. Both are players any team would love to have. Where is thier RB from?

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Sweeny has one of the best RB's in the area, maybe state he is good. and thier QB passes are on the money. Both are players any team would love to have. Where is thier RB from? Brazosport.... he moved to Sweeny this summer I think... Lucky dogs... LOL.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Brazosport.... he moved to Sweeny this summer I think... Lucky dogs... LOL.

Lucky is right, I would say he is as good as the kid from Navasota.

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Lucky is right, I would say he is as good as the kid from Navasota. Wow. Now that's saying something. Sweeny may be the front runner if he's really that good.

:(

Old Tiger
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Bay City

gato 76
09-22-2008, 04:36 PM
The City Cats win this one at home 35-7

Old Green
09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Bay City has a very fast defense. They slowed down cuero quite a bit in the rushing game. Their offense likes to grind it out, but if you miss a tackle they'll take it to the house. Good luck to both teams.

Dogs_21
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I heard Bay City had a good "D"! I think it will be a good one! I dont know who wins! But we do have a good RB!! But we have to have a good game all around!

Dogs_21
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
And The RB Woodard played on Brazosport Varsity since he was a Freshman but played CB...! He's only a Junior...!! YES

CueroDad08
09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Sweeny has one of the best RB's in the area, maybe state he is good. and thier QB passes are on the money. Both are players any team would love to have. Where is thier RB from?

He will not get 100 yards agaist this D
Bay City will win this game.

bird_fan
09-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Bay City to win is my pick.. But if they go into the game thinking it be an easy win thy might be in for a surprise. I have ton of resopect for sweenys program they have a great coach and staff and could surprise you. in thier last 2 meeting Sweeny was a hand fuul for Bay City and played the close

gato 76
09-23-2008, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by bird_fan
Bay City to win is my pick.. But if they go into the game thinking it be an easy win thy might be in for a surprise. I have ton of resopect for sweenys program they have a great coach and staff and could surprise you. in thier last 2 meeting Sweeny was a hand fuul for Bay City and played the close

Nothing against Sweeny,but Bay City gets better every week just ask the Cuero fans who thought that game was going to be a blowout.Bird fan you are right about the Sweeny coach TZ he is just like EC coach BG there teams are very well coached.

Dogs_21
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Both Teams have good speed!

2 krunk
09-24-2008, 08:44 AM
rankings have bay city over sweeny by 27

that seems a little harsh

gato 76
09-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 2 krunk
rankings have bay city over sweeny by 27

that seems a little harsh

Not really cause BC should be 3-1 instead of 2-2.They stuffed the Cuero running game,put more pressure on there QB than any team they have played.I think BC wins this one easy, then gets ready for there toughest district foe Lamar Cons.I even think BC can pull that win at home. .

Old Green
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Not really cause BC should be 3-1 instead of 2-2.They stuffed the Cuero running game,put more pressure on there QB than any team they have played.I think BC wins this one easy, then gets ready for there toughest district foe Lamar Cons.I even think BC can pull that win at home. . Lamar Consolidated is 0-2 so far. Did they lose that much or had a tough schedule?

Dogs_21
09-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I dont think it will be a blowout. Man This Bay City Team seems to be getting Good real fast!!!

Dogs_21
09-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Sweeny to rekindle rivalry with Bay City

By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published September 25, 2008

While most Gulf coast football teams are just getting back to the football field, Sweeny and Bay City each already have a game under their belt.

The teams will face each other for the first time in more than 10 years when the Bulldogs and Blackcats play at 7 p.m. Friday at Blackcat Stadium.

“The last time we played them we were in 4A and that was in ’96 and ’97,” Sweeny athletics director and head football coach Tommy Zajicek said. “In that last game we played them they drove on the last part of the game to get that win. I know we haven’t seen them in a long time but we played them very tough.”

Sweeny is coming off a 39-19 loss to Bellville on Friday and Bay City also dropped its contest last week, a 26-21 loss to Cuero.

“It is going to be a tough game on Friday night. It is going to be tough facing them,” Bay City first-year coach Robert Blackmon said. “I know they are going to come in here ready to play so we have to be ready.”

The Blackcats are sporting a 1-2 record headed into Friday’s showdown with the Bulldogs. According to Blackmon, things are on schedule for his Blackcats.

“We came into the season with expectations which were very high,” Blackmon added. “We’ve had some disappointing losses with teams we thought we should have beaten. But so far this team has shown me they can play with anybody. Overall I am pretty pleased and I think we are just starting to play together as a team.”

Sweeny (1-1) is averaging 363.5 yards in two games. The Bulldogs have picked up 725 total offensive yards, 522 from the ground game.

Junior transfer Jamell Woodard has not disappointed the Bulldogs after coming over from Brazosport.

“He’s done a great job and has run through a lot of tackles,” Zajicek said. “He is a quality back but we have a couple of other quality backs who have also done an outstanding job. I am sure that Jamell will tell you that his offensive line is doing a great job for him and also that Eddie Wright is pushing him hard since he’s come in.”

Wright was the main tailback for the Bulldogs last season and finished the year with 721 yards and 12 touchdowns.

But Woodard already has gained 388 yards in two games to go along with six touchdowns. The flashy tailback has 33 tries and is averaging 11.8 yards a carry. Wright has carried the ball 10 times for 99 yards with a score.

Sweeny quarterback Ryan Hornback has thrown for 193 yards on 15 completions and two touchdowns. The senior also has thrown two interceptions.

“We have to be able to do both well in order for this offense to work,” Zajicek said. “I don’t want to say that we want to be balanced because I want us to do whatever it takes to win.”

Bay City quarterback Travis Tomek is leading the charge for the Blackcats with 12 completions and 212 yards. He’s thrown one touchdown and two interceptions. Robert Tayor has four catches for 118 yards and one touchdown to lead the receiving corps.

In the backfield, Le’Tevin Wilcox has rushed for 186 yards on 28 carries and three touchdowns.

“Our defense has played well enough to win games for us,” Blackmon said. “But on offense we are kicking ourselves in the foot with those errors. Special teams are not playing field position and that is hurting us. So far I think we need to continue to improve in all aspects of our game.”

Sweeny still is a couple of weeks away from District 26-3A play. Bay City will start District 23-4A next week against Lamar Consolidated.

“They are a smash-mouth football team that likes to run and toss the ball around,” Zajicek said. “We have to play assignment football and slow down their defensive speed a bit. We have to eliminate turnovers and play more consistently on offense if we want to win.”