PDA

View Full Version : Manor?

BEAST
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Being new to 3A I dont know alot about some teams outside of the ones that make the headlines. Brownwood is off this week but plays Manor next week. I know LH crushed them and I believe I saw where Burnet took them to the woodshed as well. What does Manor do offensively and defensively?

This thread is not intended to be used as a bash session for anyone. I am asking honest FOOTBALL questions and would like good FOOTBALL answers. Thanks.

BEAST

jason
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
nm

garciap77
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by jason
nm

I thought so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAST
09-22-2008, 01:02 PM
That is my problem with alot of the people on here. Everyone can smack talk, but ask a serious question and most cant respond. Makes you wonder how many actually played football or just wished they did?

BEAST

jason
09-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
That is my problem with alot of the people on here. Everyone can smack talk, but ask a serious question and most cant respond. Makes you wonder how many actually played football or just wished they did?

BEAST i had misread your original post and gave a bunch of stuff on brownwood and then saw your location so i edited my post so that i didnt look like a moron.....

and for the record, i played football up to, and including, my freshman year of high school and dont have any regrets about it.....

i was more of the basketball/golfer type....

BEAST
09-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by jason
i had misread your original post and gave a bunch of stuff on brownwood and then saw your location so i edited my post so that i didnt look like a moron.....

and for the record, i played football up to, and including, my freshman year of high school and dont have any regrets about it.....

i was more of the basketball/golfer type....

Yea, I saw your post about the last second feild goal. Funny how you didnt mention that we took it LH. Anyway this is going where I hoped it wouldnt. I am seriouly wondering about Manor.

BEAST

ronwx5x
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST Manor is in 4A so there is no one from there posting here. They are 1-2 so far, beating 4A Lampasas (20-13),and losing to 3A Taylor (14-21) and 3A Liberty Hill (7-49).

There are few Taylor posters also, but I can tell you from Taylor's record they are not particular strong. Liberty Hill, well what can you say.

With all that being said, Brownwood should be a 30+ point favorite, and still no one here knows much about Manor.

Maybe you need to go to a 4A board and they might know Manor better.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Manor is in 4A so there is no one from there posting here. They are 1-2 so far, beating 4A Lampasas (20-13),and losing to 3A Taylor (14-21) and 3A Liberty Hill (7-49).

There are few Taylor posters also, but I can tell you from Taylor's record they are not particular strong. Liberty Hill, well what can you say.

With all that being said, Brownwood should be a 30+ point favorite, and still no one here knows much about Manor.

Thanks.

BEAST

Hill Man
09-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Manor is in 4A so there is no one from there posting here. They are 1-2 so far, beating 4A Lampasas (20-13),and losing to 3A Taylor (14-21) and 3A Liberty Hill (7-49).

Burnet beat Manor last Friday 36-0 .. something like that.

Old Tiger
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Beast,

Straight up manor sucks but they benefit from playing in the AISD.

jason
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
Burnet beat Manor last Friday 36-0 .. something like that. they must not be very good then to lose to burnet by that much...

from what ive read, burnet is way down this year...

espn1
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
Burnet beat Manor last Friday 36-0 .. something like that. 48-0 I went to the LH B'wood game so I can't tell you anything about them! LH fans should be able to help you!

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I "want" to say they run the spread, but I might not be the best person to answer. One of their WR's is very athletic, but not as tall as the two from Brownwood....maybe 6'2"-3"? The other wasn't as tall (6' give or take) & wasn't very "big" but was very fast.

Defensively, I can only say my info is not good at all, since I didn't really look at how they lined up.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I am thinking a Waco University type team. Great athletes not playing together as a team.

All out CAT
09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I am thinking a Waco University type team. Great athletes not playing together as a team.

Pretty much spot on. they have two quarter backs that they switch in and out depending on if they want to run or throw. You will easily be able to tell when this happens. They are athletic and fast, but like you said about TEAM they don't have the coaching, IMHO, nor the ability to put it together. Against brownwood they may have a couple breakaway plays and that will end there go. When you score about three td's on them they will fold their tent and the evening will be over.

solocam
09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
They run the spread on offense,defense i can't remember but it wasn't good
Brownwood by 45

olddawggreen
09-22-2008, 06:47 PM
From what I saw of the game in Burnet it appeared that Manor didn't have much of an offense and had even less of a defense. Other than that they looked pretty bad when they did their little pre-game power dance. it looked like they had spent more time practicing the pre-game show than anything else.:doh:

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
From what I saw of the game in Burnet it appeared that Manor didn't have much of an offense and had even less of a defense. Other than that they looked pretty bad when they did their little pre-game power dance. it looked like they had spent more time practicing the pre-game show than anything else.:doh:
They had a real "nice" run-through sign ready for us. :doh: :doh:

Matthew328
09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

That analysis doesn't fit this year...University is SALTY!!!

Brownwood rolls

JR2004
09-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
That analysis doesn't fit this year...University is SALTY!!!

They really are. They took Carter down to the wire and lost by a point. Any team that does that is pretty good.

cameron91
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Best..my nephew play on Manor and I have seen every game they have played. They do have the talent , but their head coach is a bone head.IMO if they had another coach they would be better team.Thier DB's is no taller that 5'9 , but they have 3 to 4 receivers that 6'0 to 6"3. you would think it would be the other way around.I will make the long ride next week to the game. Don't worry it will be over by the 1st quarter.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info. Its not that I was worried but I just knew nothing about them.

BEAST

Trashman
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I beleive that "bone head" is in his first year at Manor, if memory serves me correctly.

Hang Ten
09-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Beast...Cameron91 is dead on. HC is a nimrod. Talent but no direction. Kids had a coach last year that had turned the corner with them, so all they see now is a chump with no clue. It will be ugly.