PDA

View Full Version : Did you see Martellus Bennett last night?

Phil C
09-22-2008, 08:20 AM
He played great while he was in the game. He made a great catch at tight end and was good at blocking. I am sure glad he is now with Dallas because he is good. Well done Martellus.

buff4ever
09-22-2008, 08:23 AM
he had not impressed me untill last night, maybe he is settling in and will become a factor. Maybe he is getting over himself and getting after it a little bit.

BTownVBall3
09-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Well maybe he can be a bright spot for the aggies season (unless they turn it around) and talk about remember when we had that great TE.

He did look good for the cowboys last night. Needs to be on the field more.

BobcatBenny
09-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Perhaps A&M just did not pay him enough? :confused:

Macarthur
09-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Tellus has big-time potential. He's a phenominal athlete and can be a devistating blocker. He's a dude.

Bull's-eye
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
He was in on several special team's tackles.

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
He was in on several special team's tackles.

He also got into a little bit of a skirmish with Packers Tight End Jermichael Finley.

mistanice
09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Did y'all see Jermichael Finley rip Bennett's helmet off? Guess their college rivalry still heated!

piratebg
09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Bennett has had made some good plays to start the season. He is becoming a better blocker and is a big receiving threat. Give him time and I think he could replace Curtis as the #2 tight end, but I think that will more later than sooner.

Macarthur
09-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Dude, he's already a much better TE than Curtis. The only reason he's not getting more snaps is that he's a rookie and still is going through the learning curve.

Old Tiger
09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
he had not impressed me untill last night, maybe he is settling in and will become a factor. Maybe he is getting over himself and getting after it a little bit. maybe he's not being a lazy anymore?

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
maybe he's not being a lazy anymore?

Honestly, he wasn't very impressive with the exception of the one play where after five seconds of blocking he rolled out to give Romo a dump-off, and then he couldn't outrun anybody on the field.

It may have looked nice on the stat sheet, but in reality, he should have gained more than the 37 yards that he did...he looked slow.

Macarthur
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Honestly, he wasn't very impressive with the exception of the one play where after five seconds of blocking he rolled out to give Romo a dump-off, and then he couldn't outrun anybody on the field.

It may have looked nice on the stat sheet, but in reality, he should have gained more than the 37 yards that he did...he looked slow.

:eek:

Really? Man, you and I were watching different games. He looked very athletic on that play. Wow!

Pick6
09-22-2008, 03:54 PM

How many "fast" TE's are in the NFL?

Old Tiger
09-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I can think of two....Kellin Winslow and Vernon Davis

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 03:58 PM

you mean he looked slow like Witten did last year agianst Philly getting run down from behind after his helmet was knocked off?

He is a TE, not a WR, he will not outrunned DBs

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
you mean he looked slow like Witten did last year agianst Philly getting run down from behind after his helmet was knocked off?

He is a TE, not a WR, he will not outrunned DBs

If you watch the play though, there wasn't a defender within thirty yards of him...he looked like he was jogging.

I realize that tight ends aren't as fast as WRs or RBs, but still, he was slow.

My first reaction after the play was "Wow! How'd he gain 37 yards on that play?"

Then watching it from other angles, it was "Wow...how'd he only gain 37?" Cowboys linemen were running up the field with him at the same speed.

GreenGobbla
09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
If you watch the play though, there wasn't a defender within thirty yards of him...he looked like he was jogging.

My first reaction after the play was "Wow! How'd he gain 37 yards on that play?"

Then watching it from other angles, it was "Wow...how'd he only gain 37?" Cowboys linemen were running up the field with him at the same speed.

thats exactly what we were saying. it really looked like he was jogging.

Macarthur
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM

I think the fact that he's 6'7" might have made it look like he was "jogging".

He ran a sub 4.7 40 at the combine so he's not slow. He's not Vernon Davis fast, but he's certainly not slow.

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I think the fact that he's 6'7" might have made it look like he was "jogging".

He ran a sub 4.7 40 at the combine so he's not slow. He's not Vernon Davis fast, but he's certainly not slow.

maybe...

Does anybody still have the game on Tivo?

I'd like to find out exactly how long it took him to gain the yardage that he did. It seemed like forever!