PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater/Big Spring

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Who wins?

slingshot
09-22-2008, 12:52 AM
As much as I would like to see Sweetwater win... think the Steers are for real this year. Steers 28-14 in a little payback for all those serious butt-whuppins ya'll have laid on them the last few years. Kinda glad we don't play them this year...

swstangs001
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
As much as I would like to see Sweetwater win... think the Steers are for real this year. Steers 28-14 in a little payback for all those serious butt-whuppins ya'll have laid on them the last few years. Kinda glad we don't play them this year...

they havent been able to stop our run game in the past, and i dont think they will this year either

SW 26
BS 14

garciap77
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Sweetwater 21
Big Spring 14

:)

DaHop72
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
they havent been able to stop our run game in the past, and i dont think they will this year either

SW 26
BS 14 Hide and watch peekaboo, hide and watch.:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Hide and watch peekaboo, hide and watch.:devil: :devil:

Do you see this DaHop? Do you know what this is? It's me keeping
my mouth shut about his game.;)

After all, we beat Canyon last year and Snyder didn't. We know
how that turned out now...don't we?:D

pero chato
09-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Sweetwater runs all over them, by 20.

Black_Magic
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Do you see this DaHop? Do you know what this is? It's me keeping
my mouth shut about his game.;)

After all, we beat Canyon last year and Snyder didn't. We know
how that turned out now...don't we?:D and vernon Thumped you when it really counts and Snyder thumped them... Big Spring is for real. You will see if they come to play. The MLB is Tuff.. You may beat them but maybe by a TD at most.

WTF-82
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Sweetwater wins killer defense stang linebackers are for real.

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
and vernon Thumped you when it really counts and Snyder thumped them... Big Spring is for real. You will see if they come to play. The MLB is Tuff.. You may beat them but maybe by a TD at most.

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more....

Canyon beat Snyder...

Sweetwater beat Canyon...

Snyder played in the semi's.

Sweetwater in the second round.

That's what I meant when I said 'We know
how that turned out now...don't we'?

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I keep forgetting about that Snyder education.:(

Matthew328
09-22-2008, 02:42 PM
I saw Big Spring take a VERY good Denison team to the limit. They are doing it without their QB right now and their TE is having to play QB.

Ritchey is a GREAT runner, but he's not a good thrower and it keeps Big Spring from utilizing their good WR's because Sidney Parker, Zamir Linton and Thaddeus Straughter are all excellent players.

Throw in one of the best junior RB's in the state and you have a dangerous offense.

This will be a good game. Big Spring has wins over Snyder and Pampa, two solid teams in addition to Andrews.

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I saw Big Spring take a VERY good Denison team to the limit. They are doing it without their QB right now and their TE is having to play QB.

Ritchey is a GREAT runner, but he's not a good thrower and it keeps Big Spring from utilizing their good WR's because Sidney Parker, Zamir Linton and Thaddeus Straughter are all excellent players.

Throw in one of the best junior RB's in the state and you have a dangerous offense.

This will be a good game. Big Spring has wins over Snyder and Pampa, two solid teams in addition to Andrews.

How about this #68 I keep hearing about? Is he the real deal?
It sounds like him and our #24 are going to have plenty of chances
to get to know each other Friday.

tigerchick_2013
09-22-2008, 03:08 PM

He is the real deal, just wait and ask your QB/RB after the game.

:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-22-2008, 11:26 PM

It takes the owner of the downlow for him to believe it.

If the mustangs do win..."IF", it will be by only a couple.

kepdawg
09-22-2008, 11:33 PM

Denison is very good now? Cool! I think you may be giving both teams too much credit.

kepdawg
09-22-2008, 11:34 PM

68 didn't do anything out of the norm against Denison. Once the game started I forgot I was supposed to be watching for him. He did not stand out at all.

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
68 didn't do anything out of the norm against Denison. Once the game started I forgot I was supposed to be watching for him. He did not stand out at all.

Interesting, maybe it was just a case of him dominating a
Snyder OL that made him look like an all state DL.:thinking:

That's not a shot at Snyder. That's not the point I'm trying to make.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Interesting, maybe it was just a case of him dominating a
Snyder OL that made him look like an all state DL.:thinking:

That's not a shot at Snyder. That's not the point I'm trying to make. :tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

You know what I meant. Every team has a mismatch at a positon
or two. Whether for them or against them. Apparently only the
Snyder posters think #68 is dominating. That tells me he might
of had a mismatch. It's not knocking either player. Not everyone can
be first team all district.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
That tells me he might
of had a mismatch. He did that night, him against our OL. :mad: :mad:

Black_Magic
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
You know what I meant. Every team has a mismatch at a positon
or two. Whether for them or against them. Apparently only the
Snyder posters think #68 is dominating. That tells me he might
of had a mismatch. It's not knocking either player. Not everyone can
be first team all district. He is the real deal. No doubt He looked better vs Snyder because Snyder had such a poor game that night as Snyder does frist game of every year. BUT he is good. Better be ready for him. The thrives vs the inside run game.

swstangs001
09-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
He is the real deal, just wait and ask your QB/RB after the game.

:D

I'll be sure to ask #24 how good 68 is after the game.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I'll be sure to ask #24 how good 68 is after the game. You need to go study!!!:p :p

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
He is the real deal. No doubt He looked better vs Snyder because Snyder had such a poor game that night as Snyder does frist game of every year. BUT he is good. Better be ready for him. The thrives vs the inside run game.

Big Spring was Denison's first game too!

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll be sure to ask #24 how good 68 is after the game.

Something tells me this is going to be a mismatch in our favor.:D

When #24 isn't sticking his face mask in #68's chest, he'll be
dragging the kid behind him as he gains ten yards on a dive play.:devil: :devil:

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Big Spring was Denison's first game too! Black Magic is referring to the fact that since Coach Rogers has been here we are 3-5 in our first game. Historically not a good way to start but the Tigers have been doing ok by the end of the season.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
S
he'll be dragging the kid behind him as he gains ten yards on a dive play.:devil: :devil: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Black Magic is referring to the fact that since Coach Rogers has been here we are 3-5 in our first game. Historically not a good way to start but the Tigers have been doing ok by the end of the season.

Oh, well the coach might want to work on that!

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Not quite sure what you mean by this^^^^.

It isn't any different than you saying the Clyde WR faked our
corner out of his jock.

I read what BM said about #68 and that's exactly what I wanted to
know.

Now I'm back to talking smack.:devil:

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by this^^^^.

It isn't any different than you saying the Clyde WR faked our
corner out of his jock.

I read what BM said about #68 and that's exactly what I wanted to
know.

Now I'm back to talking smack.:devil: The difference is that you saw how bad the Clyde WR beat the corner with your own lying eyes. :D Whether Rufus can carry Hollandsworth 10 yards on a dive play is speculation.:thinking: :thinking:

Carry on.:D

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 12:07 PM
The difference is that you saw how bad the Clyde WR beat the corner with your own lying eyes. :D Whether Rufus can carry Hollandsworth 10 yards on a dive play is speculation.:thinking: :thinking:

Speculation or impending fact?:D

I've seen him drag no less than five defenders, atleast once, in all three games
I've witnessed.:eek:

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-23-2008, 12:10 PM

I guess the reason he stuck out when we played them is cause we had a BAD game, but it looks like things are coming together now.

But i'd bet that Sweetwater notice him for sure!

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Speculation :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I guess the reason he stuck out when we played them is cause we had a BAD game, but it looks like things are coming together now.

But i'd bet that Sweetwater notice him for sure!

Well try not to have anymore BAD games! You usually lose those! Luckily though Denison won it's BAD game against Big Spring!

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Hey Red, poll results are sure getting close to a familar score. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Well try not to have anymore BAD games! You usually lose those! Luckily though Denison won it's BAD game against Big Spring!

Yea the O line was our main problem that night...but like I said they're looking better and better each week.

SNYDER325TIGERS
Originally posted by DaHop72 Hey Red, poll results are sure getting close to a familar score._ http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

lol :cool: :cool: yes they are.

DaHop72
Yea the O line was our main problem that night...but like I said they're looking better and better each week. nm

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-23-2008, 12:17 PM
How's the day been for ya hop?

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 12:19 PM
How's the day been for ya hop? Ok, I just can't get Red to quit posting. :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok, I just can't get Red to quit posting. :devil: :devil:

Hey! I'm standing right here! I can hear you!:(

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
What kind of offense does Sweetwater run? Is the running back good? How well does the quarter back run? How good is the secondary? How good are the linebackers in coverage?

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 01:35 PM
What kind of offense does Sweetwater run? Is the running back good? How well does the quarter back run? How good is the secondary? How good are the linebackers in coverage?

1. Variations of the triple option.

2. Yes, he doesn't do all that shake and bake at the LOS. He
hits the hole.

3. He's not real fast but he makes good decisions while running
the option.

4. That's probably or biggest liability.

5. Better than average.

swstangs001
09-23-2008, 01:38 PM
The difference is that you saw how bad the Clyde WR beat the corner with your own lying eyes. :D Whether Rufus can carry Hollandsworth 10 yards on a dive play is speculation.:thinking: :thinking:

I don't know, Rufus did hit some kids pretty hard and leave them lying on their back a couple of times last game.

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know, Rufus did hit some kids pretty hard and leave them lying on their back a couple of times last game. :thinking: :thinking: I thought you were in Abilene watching Wylie.:confused:

Stownhorse
09-23-2008, 01:41 PM

I cant agree with you on those solid teams.

swstangs001
09-23-2008, 01:44 PM
:thinking: :thinking: I thought you were in Abilene watching Wylie.:confused:

i watched the highlights on youtube, and it showed 2 plays where he ran a kid over so yeah....

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM
i watched the highlights on youtube, and it showed 2 plays where he ran a kid over so yeah.... Watch next weeks highlights.;) ;)

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I cant agree with you on those solid teams. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ah, blow it up your skirt.:D

Stownhorse
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ah, blow it up your skirt.:D

We will see who is blowing what up who's skirt after Friday Pops.

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I cant agree with you on those solid teams.

Big Spring made the playoffs at 3-7 a few years ago. They
beat Pampa in the first round and finished the season 4-8.:doh:

Ranger Mom
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Isn't it odd how someone tried to start a Sweetwater/Snyder thread and it really didn't take off....but you mention Sweetwater and Big Spring....and off we go!!!

I think the Snyder people were just jealous because Sweetwater was mentioned in the title thread and they weren't!!:stirpot: :stirpot: :kiss:

DaHop72
09-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Isn't it odd how someone tried to start a Sweetwater/Snyder thread and it really didn't take off....but you mention Sweetwater and Big Spring....and off we go!!!

I think the Snyder people were just jealous because Sweetwater was mentioned in the title thread and they weren't!!:stirpot: :stirpot: :kiss: Somebody's got to rep the Steers, can't have those Mustang posters talking trash with no rebuttal. :D :D

swstangs001
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I think the Snyder people were just jealous because Sweetwater was mentioned in the title thread and they weren't!!:stirpot: :stirpot: :kiss:

Everyone is saving it for the week of Oct. 17-24

Stownhorse
09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Everyone is saving it for the week of Oct. 17-24

I might make a t-shirt just for old time sake.

I dont think it will be as classless as the spread thr red one yall made a few yrs back.....but it might lol

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Well I have no clue about this game. Matter of fact, my job suks so much right now, I have no clue about any game. I havn't seen a game yet this year. I'll be rootin for the stangs and hoping they will get overconfident for when they play Snyder. But Coach Jackson is as good as they get. He'll have his team prepared for whoever.

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I dont think it will be as classless as the spread thr red one yall made a few yrs back.....but it might lol

I remember when it happened but I don't remember what the
shirt looked like. Do you care to describe it to me in a PM?

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I still have the shirt with the ball bouncing off the field goal lol

Matthew328
09-23-2008, 07:33 PM
OK all kidding aside Snyder is a solid team....Pampa I feel like is an average 4A team....for Big Spring its a solid win. They are right at that kind of middle tier level, where if they were 3A they'd be abover average.

I'll stick with the notion that in 4A/3A Big Spring's skill kids are as good as anyone's out west.

Black_Magic
09-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Speaking of a Shirt for the sweetwater vs Snyder week. How about this one... :D

http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/University_Library/exhibits/sports/between/colgate1926.gif
With the caption saying
" Snyder vs sweetwater a west texas tradition "

Phantom Stang
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
My educated and unbiased pick:devil: .....

Sweetwater of course!!:D