PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Punt Returns

navscanmaster
09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
They should just do away with them. I would like to know what the percentage of penalties called on the return team is in relation to the number of returns. Seems like every team is getting called for at least one block in the back per game. It stinks, because it seems like every punt return that involves the returner changing directions gets flagged.

I guess if it is LH vs. Brownwood it isn't a problem.:clap:

headhunter
09-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Well then lets just put on a skirt and put our hand in the air. (no offense ladies)

No way man, punt returns are exciting, I have seen 3 games this yr and i dont think I have seen a flag yet on a punt return, Teach those kids how to block and play football!!!

navscanmaster
09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Well then lets just put on a skirt and put our hand in the air. (no offense ladies)

No way man, punt returns are exciting, I have seen 3 games this yr and i dont think I have seen a flag yet on a punt return, Teach those kids how to block and play football!!!
Don't know what games you have been watching, but I have seen it in games at every level this year. Usually, it is in high school on big returns, but this year, high school has paled in comparison to the NFL and NCAA. Right, they should learn not to block from behind if they are behind the play, but so many of the penalties would have never affected the return.

Emerson1
09-21-2008, 10:54 PM
So teams that are disciplined and know how to return punts without blocking in the back should be punished and not be allowed to have any chance to return them at all because other teams suck?

navscanmaster
09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So teams that are disciplined and know how to return punts without blocking in the back should be punished and not be allowed to have any chance to return them at all because other teams suck?
No. I am really just venting that I am sick of the penalties, mainly since most of them have no bearing on the play. They are exciting, but many have lost their luster this year because of little BS pushes or borderline side-back blocks.

headhunter
09-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Frustrating for you, but lets not go as far as no punt returns.

I know it had a little sarcasm in their, I was just joking, we both know you cant get rid of the punt return

coach
09-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
They should just do away with them. I would like to know what the percentage of penalties called on the return team is in relation to the number of returns. Seems like every team is getting called for at least one block in the back per game. It stinks, because it seems like every punt return that involves the returner changing directions gets flagged.

talk to roger goodell he will probably do it afterall he is considering taking away pat's

JR2004
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
talk to roger goodell he will probably do it afterall he is considering taking away pat's

Say what?

Ranger Mom
09-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Say what?

PAT's (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=86026&highlight=goodell)

What a silly thread!

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
PAT's (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=86026&highlight=goodell)

What a silly thread!

Glad you brought that thread up, RM...cuz i heard punt returns are being considered for elimination because it is too confrontational...too angry...it teaches our kids that you must muscle your way in and out of situations instead of using your brain. This is worthy of discussion.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

Good point.
How many games have you seen with no punts?

For me? 1 LH vs. Brownwood

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Good point.
How many games have you seen with no punts?

For me? 1 LH vs. Brownwood

Everything with you is about Brownwood, eh Rocket? Brownwood, Brownwood, Brownwood....

"How was dinner tonight, honey?"

"Oh, it was great. Brownwood."

Sheesh

navscanmaster
09-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Everything with you is about Brownwood, eh Rocket? Brownwood, Brownwood, Brownwood....

"How was dinner tonight, honey?"

"Oh, it was great. Brownwood."

Sheesh

:D :cool: