PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Defense is best in NFL

popcorn screen
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Say what you want - Green Bay is good and the Dallas defense is shutting them down. If big D stays healthy, they will win it all.

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Say what you want - Green Bay is good and the Dallas defense is shutting them down. If big D stays healthy, they will win it all.

Well, they have to win a playoff game first. ;)

jambo67
09-21-2008, 10:00 PM
The Dallas defense is pretty good. But this is the 3rd week in a row the Cowboys won a street fight in a ditch. The pokes are a very good team.

headhunter
09-21-2008, 10:40 PM
The D is good, but they need to win in the playoffs. Actually it will be a disappointment if they don't go to the superbowl

injuredinmelee
09-21-2008, 10:45 PM
they need to cause more turnopvers to offset the maverick they have playing qb that cant take care of the ball. How many times did Barber drop a ball tonight? New gloves?

Trashman
09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Last week at work all I heard was that Dallas' D was week. This week it will be the O. There are some people that will never give Dallas the credit the deserve. Go Cowboys!!

headhunter
09-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Dallas is the team to beat this year in the NFC,the Giants are a close second

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
The D is good, but they need to win in the playoffs. Actually it will be a disappointment if they don't go to the superbowl

I guess people better get the dissappointment over with now then.:D :cool:

coach
09-22-2008, 01:16 AM
best defense? i dont know about that...they cant tackle and the best d is tennessee

Macarthur
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
The Dallas D is not the best. They are very good and appear to be getting better, but I would not say they are the best.

Pick6
09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by coach
best defense? i dont know about that...they cant tackle and the best d is tennessee

Titan's, best defense? Their opponets are a combined 1-7. They are doing what any average team does to bad teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
keep hearing on the radio Dallas is build for the regular season not for the playoffs. Rap is they are committing to many penalties and turnovers, they are minus 2 on turnovers.

Well cant get to the playoffs unless you play good in the regular season so will just have to wait if they can quiet these critics come playoff time.

Macarthur
09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Certainly, Dallas has had some sloppy moments. I think they will be fine. People keep talking about how Dallas can't win in the playoffs, but let's remember, This is Romo's second full season and this is really only their second season of being a really good team. Some folks talk like the Cowboys have been winning 12 or 13 games a year for a while and continue to fail in the playoffs.

This team is still learning and will be just fine come January.

Emerson1
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
They need to learn how to wrap up. How many sacks I wonder have they lost because the QB slipped away?

CHS_89
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Certainly, Dallas has had some sloppy moments. I think they will be fine. People keep talking about how Dallas can't win in the playoffs, but let's remember, This is Romo's second full season and this is really only their second season of being a really good team. Some folks talk like the Cowboys have been winning 12 or 13 games a year for a while and continue to fail in the playoffs.

This team is still learning and will be just fine come January.

I agree, well said.

piratebg
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm don't think they are the best but they are effective in that they do come up with the big plays when the game is on the line. They are getting better though. They get some good pressure on Rodgers and dropped him 5 times last night.

pirate4state
09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The Dallas D is not the best. They are very good and appear to be getting better, but I would not say they are the best. I agree.

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Tony Romo will find a way to screw up when it matters.

Old Tiger
09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Tony Romo will find a way to screw up when it matters. the only time he screwed up when it mattered was the botched kick 2 years ago against the Seahawks. Last year he played a good game but Crayton is the one to blame for the NYG game. He had huge drops on key situations

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
the only time he screwed up when it mattered was the botched kick 2 years ago against the Seahawks. Last year he played a good game but Crayton is the one to blame for the NYG game. He had huge drops on key situations Did i say anything about the last 2 years?

Didn't think so.

I said he WILL find a way to screw up..... meaning this year.

Count on it.....

And yea, bring on the "Texans Suck" comments..

I couldn't care less.... Matt Schaub is garbage.

Houston was inside the 5 yd line 2 times and managed to give Tennessee 7 points and netted 3 themselves..... NICE!

Pick6
09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Did i say anything about the last 2 years?

Didn't think so.

Count on it.....

So what has he done this year to show he'll screw something up?

BTW, Houston sucks ;)

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
So what has he done this year to show he'll screw something up? Well, he did throw a really bad pass into the end zone last night, but other than that... nothing. It's just a feeling.;)

Pick6
09-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, he did throw a really bad pass into the end zone last night, but other than that... nothing. It's just a feeling.;)

Just a feeling :rolleyes:

BwdLions
09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Tennessee and Baltimore have two of the best defenses in the league (IMO).

Macarthur
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Did i say anything about the last 2 years?

Didn't think so.

Count on it.....

And yea, bring on the "Texans Suck" comments..

I couldn't care less.... Matt Schaub is garbage.

Houston was inside the 5 yd line 2 times and managed to give Tennessee 7 points and netted 3 themselves..... NICE!

Give me a break. Too bad Dallas doesn't have a QB that never throws INTs like the rest of the league.

Eagle 1
09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I think once Dallas, or should I say Romo/Wade Phillips, gets that first playoff win they will be unstopable.
No doubt Dallas has the best offense in the league this year if they can remain healthy.
Zach Thomas has been a tremdous help on the defense and will continue to make this team a better "tackler" team.
D.Ware is tied for 4th in the league with 3.0 sacks, but I would look for that to go up as the season continues.
The secondary continues to give up the big play, but hopefully secondary coach Dave Campo will get them playing better.
One thing for sure, the NFC East is hands down the best in the league.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I think once Dallas, or should I say Romo/Wade Phillips, gets that first playoff win they will be unstopable.
No doubt Dallas has the best offense in the league this year if they can remain healthy.
Zach Thomas has been a tremdous help on the defense and will continue to make this team a better "tackler" team.
D.Ware is tied for 4th in the league with 3.0 sacks, but I would look for that to go up as the season continues.
The secondary continues to give up the big play, but hopefully secondary coach Dave Campo will get them playing better.
One thing for sure, the NFC East is hands down the best in the league.

The only thing concerns me about D Ware...2 of his 3 sacks were in garbage time..the one agianst Philly was huge....But so far he is not finishing off some plays when he has a grip on the QB

Eagle 1
09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The only thing concerns me about D Ware...2 of his 3 sacks were in garbage time..the one agianst Philly was huge....But so far he is not finishing off some plays when he has a grip on the QB
Since his one of the most dominant defensive players in the league, most teams will double team him and try set up passing lanes on the other side of the field.
Wait and see how he looks by the end of the season, barring no injuries. It should be another pro bowl season.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
the only time he screwed up when it mattered was the botched kick 2 years ago against the Seahawks. Last year he played a good game but Crayton is the one to blame for the NYG game. He had huge drops on key situations

Romo's fault for throwing the ball to Crayton.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Dallas is 10th overall in defense(292 yds/game) and 16th in allowing points(21 points/game). Dallas is just above avg. right now and hopefully be one of the tops in the leagues soon.

Offensively they are no.1 rank right now avg. 440 yds/game.

popcorn screen
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Dallas has now beaten Philly, and the pack. Those will be two playoff teams. They are well coached and play good ball. I am a Texan fan - not a Cowboy at all, BUT they have a stoudt defense and they beat the Pack who shut down TO. Dallas had other players step up. They will be team that makes a serious run at the big game.