PDA

View Full Version : blanton

victory11
09-23-2001, 12:47 PM
does anyone know how many yards blanton had friday?

eye of the tiger
09-23-2001, 01:05 PM
Blanton got 186 yds on 22 carries. He scored 2 touchdowns one of them an 84 yd run. The guy is awesome.

victory11
09-23-2001, 02:00 PM
danny ruth from wylie had 200 yards rushing

Phil A. Sheo
09-23-2001, 04:17 PM
Want to have them race?

eye of the tiger
09-23-2001, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by victory11:
danny ruth from wylie had 200 yards rushing
And those 200 yds came in wylie's crushing homecoming overtime win against 0-3 big spring steers. (hope you take this in the sprit I wrote it. Danny Ruth is a very talented player and I would never try to belittle his accomplishments. Just trying to lighten the mood)

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited September 23, 2001).]

vfunk
09-23-2001, 05:39 PM
how many carries did danny ruth have??? and how many yards does he have this year so far? what is his yards per carry average...trust me...blanton is faster and will most likely have more yards at the end of the season...dont compare the two...your guy is NOT up to Blanton's caliber, and no one else is either

victory11
09-24-2001, 06:00 PM
And those 200 yds came in wylie's crushing homecoming overtime win against 0-3 big spring steers. (hope you take this in the sprit I wrote it. Danny Ruth is a very talented player and I would never try to belittle his accomplishments. Just trying to lighten the mood)

Homecoming??? nice try but no. and big spring was 0-2 before wylie played them,and they lost those to games by a total of 4 points. they are way better than their record shows.

Specklebelly
09-25-2001, 01:15 AM
You Wylie people crack me up. First you are all getting kicked off the system for saying who knows what, now you are trying to put your RB on Blanton's level. Give it up. My teams RB had more yards than Blanton last week but I sure dont think that makes him better than the kid. Blanton probably wont ever amount to much at the collegiate level (boy thats going to start something, but if you doubt me just compare his career to Toya Jones) but he is one outstanding HS running back with no peers this year, period.

Phil A. Sheo
09-25-2001, 07:20 AM
Blanton's football career may be in question, but don't forget track.

kaorder1999
09-25-2001, 03:01 PM
Toya Jones? What kind of comparison is that? Jones was a GREAT track athlete. Fastest he ever went in the 200 meters at the State Meet was 20.8. Blanton went .43 faster last year. And on a track, thats a HUGE difference. Jones wasn't a Huge playmaker in football. Was really suprising that we chose to play at A&M. But...at the same time he was a three year starter before getting injured.

The only difference track wise between the two was Jones could jump, long jump and triple, Blanton can't. Would be a good race in the 100 meters but Blanton would own the 200 meters.

Jones didn't even have the fastest times at the state track meet. We won a lot, but rememberm was in 2A. Remember a guy named Tyson Wilson? He was the fastest then!

Phil A. Sheo
09-25-2001, 04:19 PM
Is your name, "superman", covering up an inferiority complex?

Specklebelly
09-25-2001, 06:59 PM
Man KA, you got all the numbers, you the president of the Blanton Fan Club or something? Or have the KAs added him to the revered gentlemen list with Robert E. Lee? In any event, the only thing Jones started at 3 years was kickoff team. He actually started one year. Its true that Jones was no Blanton on the football field but Blanton is no Jones at the track. Fact is track guys dont make good RBs at the next level. They can shine on the HS level due to the lack of contact. He will break down in college though, thats just the way it is. History is on my side on this one.

BigTwanky
09-25-2001, 07:45 PM
Man most of yall guys are like pathetic...freakin ridin that dude like he is chic or something, im sure he's pretty good but there are alot of backs out there that are just as good.

vfunk
09-25-2001, 09:18 PM
no there's not twanky...you've obviously never seen him play...hes may not be Cedric Benson, but when youre the fastest guy in the nation...there arent a lot of people "just as good"...also about kaorder being the blanton fan club leader guy or whatever...if you tune in to the live internet broadcast of the forney games youll hear him broadcasting. by the way...josh...why couldnt i get the lindale game on my internet last week?? i wanted to know what was goin on so bad that i made it there by halftime...hehehe

Old Cardinal
09-25-2001, 09:47 PM
Gentlemen, its team speed, speed- level- per- position that ultimately wins ballgames! I am sure that most schools have a fast boy or two; however, teams like Newton, Bridge City, Barbers Hill, Everman that have overall team speed and depth are poised to travel up the post season ladder also. Don't count too heavy on one dimensional teams to weather the storm-sometimes they do but not often. You can be in top shape but if you can't get there to make the play, it doesn't count for much. And the more that can get to the play the better!

eye of the tiger
09-25-2001, 09:53 PM
hey vfunk i looked for the site to get the forney game and couldnt find it. what is the address? If you want to check in on the Commerce games its at www.ketr.org (http://www.ketr.org)
click on live sports. november 2 will be here before we know it. good luck against mexia. tigers play alvarado this week. our by far the biggest test so far.

kaorder1999
09-25-2001, 10:18 PM
Hey
The first half of the Lindale game did not air....our streaming company is in NY City....we were having trouble getting connected....we have to dial into Ny City and it kept saying all circuits busy....for everyone else...you can listen to Forney games at www.lonestarteams.com (http://www.lonestarteams.com)

vfunk
09-25-2001, 11:49 PM
thanks tiger..and kaorder posted that to listen to forney games...good luck to commerce...would love to see both teams undefeated when we play. im sure alvarado will wish they didnt play yall when its said and done

victory11
09-29-2001, 10:14 AM
how many yards did blanton have last night against mexia?

eye of the tiger
09-29-2001, 10:18 AM
174 yds 12 carries 2 tds. caught 1 pass for 15 yds. not bad for half a game. the kid is awesome.