PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Orange Grove (2-1) @ Sinton Pirates (2-0)/M&G INFO

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Sinton 28
Orange Grove 14

OG losing their qb to injury in the Beeville game will hurt them. Their defense will tell the tale on Friday night. Will they be able contain Sinton's rushing game? I thought we were a spread team? :confused: ;)

I think our ability to rotate in so many different looks at RB/QB will keep defenses (in our district) on their heels.

Should be a fun game to watch & I expect a great crowd & atmosphere at Pirate Stadium!

:cheerl: :cheerl:

JR2004
09-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Why is OG even a choice for this one? You only needed to put the UNDEFEATED SINTON PIRATES up there to be able to pick the winner of this one!

Two victims down and eleven still to come!

JR2004
09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Will they be able contain Sinton's rushing game? I thought we were a spread team? :confused: ;)

You might know for sure if you had attended HOMECOMING this past week! Some Pirate fan you are!

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
You might know for sure if you had attended HOMECOMING this past week! Some Pirate fan you are! I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU BANDWAGON FAN! :D

Chillimaru
09-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Orange Grove 24
Sinton 17

This will definetly be an exciting game with both clubs defense proving to be able to adjust as needed. OG's QB questions i feel have been answered, he still needs some polishing but he is definetly capable. May be wrong but i believe that this game will determine 1st and 2nd place.

sotxrat
09-21-2008, 05:52 PM
this poll thing is definitely a mental thingmajig that p4s is going to use to sinton's advantage, the whole downlow will pick sinton because of the fear of the p4s wrath.................with that being said my pick is................................................ ..........orange grove in a convincing manner..........i will get back later with my reasons, ........i am cooking some chicken wrapped in bacon on the pit,

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
Orange Grove 24
Sinton 17

This will definetly be an exciting game with both clubs defense proving to be able to adjust as needed. OG's QB questions i feel have been answered, he still needs some polishing but he is definetly capable. May be wrong but i believe that this game will determine 1st and 2nd place.

I agree that it will determine 1st and 2nd place.

How much of the Beeville game did the backup QB play?

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
this poll thing is definitely a mental thingmajig that p4s is going to use to sinton's advantage, the whole downlow will pick sinton because of the fear of the p4s wrath.................with that being said my pick is................................................ ..........orange grove in a convincing manner..........i will get back later with my reasons, ........i am cooking some chicken wrapped in bacon on the pit, HAHAHA yes because we all know these polls on the DL determine the outcome of a game! :hand: C'mon rat....:p

i expect to see a fair amount of people voting for OG just b/c they don't like sinton66, philc or me....tragic, i know! :eek:

Chillimaru
09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
#8 got hurt about the end of 3rd he played the rest of the game and had a good showing against Banquete

Sotxrat is just picking on you and why would anybody not like yall:)

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
#8 got hurt about the end of 3rd he played the rest of the game and had a good showing against Banquete

Sotxrat is just picking on you and why would anybody not like yall:)

oh, i know. sotxrat is my buddy. :D i expect to talk alot of trash with him this week! :D

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
i expect to see a fair amount of people voting for OG just b/c they don't like sinton66, philc or me....tragic, i know! :eek:
Surely you jest! :eek: :eek: ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Sinton 35 Orange Grove 21

Good luck to both teams and this could be 2 of the 3 reps for this district going at it.

Sinton offensive line has been impressive so far this season and think the coach is taking advantage of it's offensive line more this year.

sotxrat
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
p4s - you know that i do not talk trash (disrespectful to the kids) however i will joke around with all the posters

sinton fan - you were at the beeville game(you left at halftime), has sinton played a team on that quality yet?.........it really does not matter though each game has it's own carma

Blastoderm55
09-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't consider Goliad or Hebbronville to be on Beeville's level. I do think Sinton is much improved this year, but OG has been battle-tested against some 4A schools this year while Sinton's only put in two games so far against a bad 3A team and a solid 2A team. It'll be a close game. Sinton by 3.

Phil C
09-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Orange Grove 24
Sinton 17

Don't forget "BEWARE OF THE HOWING BEAR!

And Ingleside is just setting everyone up. Plus Mathis just beat a good 4A team in Tuloso-Midway. Aransas Pass is doing good too. And don't count out Robstown or Falfurrias.

bulldog64
09-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Sinton`s defense is suspect to the run. OG can run the ball. I`m gonna go with OG by 15. After watching most all 31-3A teams, West Oso and OG seem like the ones to battle for the title. with Sinton being 3rd fighting Mathis for that spot. As always, just opinions and the players will tell us on the field.

pirate4state
09-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't forget "BEWARE OF THE HOWING BEAR!

And Ingleside is just setting everyone up. Plus Mathis just beat a good 4A team in Tuloso-Midway. Aransas Pass is doing good too. And don't count out Robstown or Falfurrias.

Mathis lost to TM. Somehow, I'm sure that will increase the risk! :D

footballgal
09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
I take the Pirates over Bulldogs.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2008, 12:57 PM

sinton fan - you were at the beeville game(you left at halftime), has sinton played a team on that quality yet?.........it really does not matter though each game has it's own carma With only two games and having one cancel against not soo good 4a team, no they havent. Only decent test would had been a scrimmage against La Vernia but that got rained out. But has Sinton face some good Rb's or Wr, yes. Goliad had a good WR that broke one on the Pirates on a run and Hebbronville rb was fast and had two long runs for td. Defense is mostly new starters and seem to be playing better the second half as they start to get use to each other.

Offensively this unit is the same as last year minus a RB so they have faced some good teams last year and did moved the ball on them starting against Beeville but just had problems turning those drives into points. The offense is now turning long drives into points.

Offensively they have the team to put up 35 points on OG but defensively they will struggle some to keep OG out of the end zone as OG will also pass the ball. Hence my prediction on the score, Sinton 35 Orange Grove 21

sotxrat
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
below are the details in my prediction of an orange grove victory:
Orange Grove will dominate the clock with possession of the football and this will cause Sinton to eventually get into to a mode of hurry-up, hence Sinton will make some mistakes that will lead to costly turnovers, Orange Grove will take advantage of them and lead to a final score of 28-10 Orange Grove.

Now with that being said, the OG defense has had problems in all areas, played well against run in Banquete game but had 11 in the box because Banquete is basically a running team. If the OG defense does not step up then it will be a closer score with OG still prevailing with a 28-24 victory.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Sinton doesnt huddle they are no huddle offense but they usually take the whole 25 secs to hike the ball. They are suppose to be a passing team with shotgun formation each down but with a big offensive line they pounded the ball at Hebbronville as Hebbronville saw the ball just twice the second half and Sinton control the clock and put points on both long drives.

It will be high scoring game.

pirate4state
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
You might be on to something sotxrat as far as TOP, but Sinton is also capable of keeping OG off the field with some time consuming drives of their own.

{cliche time}

It will come down to which team makes the least amount of mistakes! Ack. I hate using that tired line, but it's the truth since I really feel our teams are somewhat evenly matched.

The thing that will hurt is, I fear, are drive killing penalties *cough* delay of game *cough*. :devil:

If we can be more efficient in getting the plays in and the right personnel we'll be dangerous! :D

piratebg
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Sinton 28
OG 26

I think the Pirates are gonna be in for another close one and may have to open the playbook a little bit more to get past the Bulldogs.

piratebg
09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Bout time you move this thread up. I had a feeling this one was gonna be the game of the week for Reg IV. :)

sotxrat
09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
wow!!!!!the world is coming to an end........Orange Grove in the region 4 game of the week on the downlow............same week the famous caller-times local 3-a poll has Orange Grove numero uno.........unbelievable.......i hope this is not some sort of bad omen for og...............whatever happens it is all fun!!!!!!

pirate4state
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
wow!!!!!the world is coming to an end........Orange Grove in the region 4 game of the week on the downlow............same week the famous caller-times local 3-a poll has Orange Grove numero uno.........unbelievable.......i hope this is not some sort of bad omen for og...............whatever happens it is all fun!!!!!! It is! :D

bulldog64
09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I will grant our secondary can be thrown on, but they stepped up really nice this last weekend and defended the pass as good as I`ve seen them do. The defense played well, stopping the run. Hopefully a good game with no injuries. Two OG kids have suffered knee injuries in the last two games, so hopefully both teams come away with no injuries and a good feel for how good or bad they are playing.

maroonpirate04
09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Great to see the Pirates proved their point last week and rose from a sunken ship to break the curse. Haven't seen Sinton as GOTW since the year 2005 or 2006:thinking: The Pirates found their heading gonna be a tough battle but they are up for the challenge like always;)

GO PIRATES!!!

NEVER BACK DOWN!

FIRE UP THE CANNONS AND SAIL ONTO VICTORY!!

Chillimaru
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
I will grant our secondary can be thrown on, but they stepped up really nice this last weekend and defended the pass as good as I`ve seen them do. The defense played well, stopping the run. Hopefully a good game with no injuries. Two OG kids have suffered knee injuries in the last two games, so hopefully both teams come away with no injuries and a good feel for how good or bad they are playing.

Secondary problems had a lot to do with the new coverages the coaches threw at them, but like you said Friday night was a great improvement, i think the kids have a handle on it now, that being the only weakness i have seen in our D. Banqute granted they were a 2A team couldnt run the ball against our D, very few 1st Downs and that is how they got to be 3-0. I think somebody must of paid off the caller times to give us a rating like that:) :)

sinfan75
09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Well I picked Hebbronville by seven last week and I was wrong. So This week I pick........................................

Orange Grove by 10. See if I can be wrong 2 weeks in a row. If so I'll pick against the Pirates every time:D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2008, 05:36 PM
:) game of the week

was wondering where the thread went :)

I_DONT_CARE
09-23-2008, 10:03 AM
ORANGE GROVE BY AS MUCH AS THEY WANT!

Bull19
09-23-2008, 10:07 AM
this is game of the week?:rolleyes: imo there are some much better games out there which include some better teams

R4Editor
09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
this is game of the week?:rolleyes: imo there are some much better games out there which include some better teams well like i told buff4ever, next year you are more than welcome to volunteer to be the region IV editor and pick whatever game you feel is the best!

pirate4state
09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
this is game of the week?:rolleyes: imo there are some much better games out there which include some better teams no you are seeing things...

sotxrat
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
bull19 - you are intitled to your own opinion however there are only a handful of teams in 3a that are starting district play this week, the outcome of this particular game will have an immediate effect on the future district champion and that could be just one of a few reasons this game was chosen, these teams may not be up there with the teams that you consider to be better but it is very important in district 31-3a....and who knows maybe come playoff time one of these teams will meet up with one of your better teams to find out just how much better they are!!!!

Bull19
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
bull19 - you are intitled to your own opinion however there are only a handful of teams in 3a that are starting district play this week, the outcome of this particular game will have an immediate effect on the future district champion and that could be just one of a few reasons this game was chosen, these teams may not be up there with the teams that you consider to be better but it is very important in district 31-3a....and who knows maybe come playoff time one of these teams will meet up with one of your better teams to find out just how much better they are!!!! well put

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2008, 02:25 PM
bull19 - you are intitled to your own opinion however there are only a handful of teams in 3a that are starting district play this week, the outcome of this particular game will have an immediate effect on the future district champion and that could be just one of a few reasons this game was chosen, these teams may not be up there with the teams that you consider to be better but it is very important in district 31-3a....and who knows maybe come playoff time one of these teams will meet up with one of your better teams to find out just how much better they are!!!! yea what he said :)

Did OG qb return from his earlier injury against Beeville?

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Sinton 52 OG 7

sotxrat
09-23-2008, 02:48 PM
The qb that started in beeville game is out for quite some time, may be gone for the football season. The backup, now starter, did just fine against banquete. OG will now run the ball to set up the passing game, new qb will be just fine.

pirate4state
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
The qb that started in beeville game is out for quite some time, may be gone for the football season. The backup, now starter, did just fine against banquete. OG will now run the ball to set up the passing game, new qb will be just fine. huh? I thought the new QB wasn't a passer and more of a running QB? What are you trying to pull sotxrat?!

sotxrat
09-23-2008, 04:05 PM
new qb can pass, but running is his strong suit, if the game goes the way i hope, i bet og does not pass more than 6-8 times which should be plenty

pirate4state
09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
new qb can pass, but running is his strong suit, if the game goes the way i hope, i bet og does not pass more than 6-8 times which should be plenty

guess we'll have 6-8 picks then! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Sinton defense has been giving up points in the first half but the second half the coaches seem to make the adjustments needed.Allowing just a td in the 4th qtr of each game.

Ranger354
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Some one mentioned all the delay penalties last week against Sinton. I don't understand why it takes those coaches so long to call a play. They should have the next one (or three) in mind before the ball is ever snapped. Then the other coaches run out on the field and yell at the kids because of the penalty.

That is NOT cool. Lack of Management Skills.

Chillimaru
09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
bull19 - you are intitled to your own opinion however there are only a handful of teams in 3a that are starting district play this week, the outcome of this particular game will have an immediate effect on the future district champion and that could be just one of a few reasons this game was chosen, these teams may not be up there with the teams that you consider to be better but it is very important in district 31-3a....and who knows maybe come playoff time one of these teams will meet up with one of your better teams to find out just how much better they are!!!!

Dang Rat, I didnt know you were so articulate, Great Job!!!:clap:

CueroDad08
09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
this is game of the week?:rolleyes: imo there are some much better games out there which include some better teams

Agree

CueroDad08
09-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
well like i told buff4ever, next year you are more than welcome to volunteer to be the region IV editor and pick whatever game you feel is the best!

Were do we sign up?

CueroDad08
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM

I love to see Sinton win even if it's against what most consider none playoff contenders. There is so many Sinton posters on here when they win. Got to love it.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Were do we sign up?
Watch the stickies in late spring/early summer. We asked for months with very little interest.

SintonFan88
09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Sinton will win this game. It will be close but I know the Pirates will come out on top. My son played last year as a senior and I wish last year's team could've had more sucess than what they actually had but that was last year and this is this year. I have been a Sinton Pirate fan since 1988 and I back the Pirates in any sport. They have done good this year and I hope they keep working hard to improve and go as far as they can.

Chillimaru
09-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Were do we sign up?

Go ahead and give him the job so Cuero can be GOTW every week and he wont have anything to cry about:crying:

RiverRat19
09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Some one mentioned all the delay penalties last week against Sinton. I don't understand why it takes those coaches so long to call a play. They should have the next one (or three) in mind before the ball is ever snapped. Then the other coaches run out on the field and yell at the kids because of the penalty.

That is NOT cool. Lack of Management Skills.
Yeah, I feel the same way when NFL teams have delay penalites.... I mean, how hard can it be?

Don't be so quick to judge... Those who do this job, or any other very difficult job, very well make it look easy. Most of the rest of us would struggle for a while until we got it all right.

sotxrat
09-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Chilimaru - i surprise myself sometimes, as well, it's that famous education i received at a&i

p4s - 6-8 interceptions - wow!!!!!!!ok, we will just not throw the ball now at all, take that.....

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Massey rating has this game:

Orange Grove 22 Sinton 20

Massey rating had Sinton losing to Goliad 21-20(Sinton won 35-18) and winning against Hebbronville 25-19(Sinton won 28-21)

Massey rating had Orange Grove losing to Rockport Fulton 23-21(Orange Grove won 27-24) and winning against Banquete 28-13(Orange Grove won 28-7)

they had no prediction on Beeville game.

pirate4state
09-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Chilimaru - i surprise myself sometimes, as well, it's that famous education i received at a&i

p4s - 6-8 interceptions - wow!!!!!!!ok, we will just not throw the ball now at all, take that.....

hahaha dangit now i'll have to fix my defense schemes! :D

IHStangFan
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Go ahead and give him the job so Cuero can be GOTW every week and he wont have anything to cry about:crying: LOL....my thoughts exactly.

OG by 10

bulldog64
09-24-2008, 09:05 AM
I think folks are really underestimating OG and that is exactly how they like it. OG is a Senior team that doesn`t rattle easy. Sinton is improved, but costly and silly penalties put them behind the eight ball against a quality opponent. I still feel OG wins, maybe not a blowout, but they are averaging 25 points a game and aside from the Beeville blowout, keeping their opponents in check. Should be a good game and WHY THE HECK CAN`T IT BE THE GAME OF THE WEEK?

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 09:18 AM
I think folks are really underestimating OG and that is exactly how they like it. OG is a Senior team that doesn`t rattle easy. Sinton is improved, but costly and silly penalties put them behind the eight ball against a quality opponent. I still feel OG wins, maybe not a blowout, but they are averaging 25 points a game and aside from the Beeville blowout, keeping their opponents in check. Should be a good game and WHY THE HECK CAN`T IT BE THE GAME OF THE WEEK?

Who is underestimating OG?

Sinton is also a heavy laden senior team. I really do feel we are somewhat evenly matched. Both squads have exhibited that they can control the clock.

PF = 31.5 avg/PA = 19.5 avg - Sinton
PF = 25 avg/PA = 27 avg - Orange Grove

I don't have rushing/passing stats for us, but it was darn near 50/50 in the Goliad game. I don't think we threw near as much against Hebbronville.

Should be a very tight game. Looking forward to it!

bulldog64
09-24-2008, 09:22 AM
By the voting statistics, alot of folks are.

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 09:25 AM
By the voting statistics, alot of folks are. They don't matter. ;)

bulldog64
09-24-2008, 09:32 AM
No, they don`t really matter. Actually, all the chit chat we do on here doesn`t matter. Only Friday Night Lights matter. As has been said a billion times, they don`t play the game on paper or the internet. I don`t know about their varsity team this year, but their 7th grade team will be dominant when the get to varsity (as well as right now).

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 09:48 AM
No, they don`t really matter. Actually, all the chit chat we do on here doesn`t matter. Only Friday Night Lights matter. As has been said a billion times, they don`t play the game on paper or the internet. I don`t know about their varsity team this year, but their 7th grade team will be dominant when the get to varsity (as well as right now). Yes, our 7th & 8th grade teams are pretty good.

Gobbler Fan
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
The Grove by 14 ..:thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes, our 7th & 8th grade teams are pretty good. that's is what I hear, also fish & JV team looking strong also. Sinton loading up for the years to come.

bulldog64
09-24-2008, 12:47 PM
In 7th grade the Guzman kid is just really outstanding. He ran the opening kick back , unfortunately hurting his hamstring I believe. They beat us 40 to zip. 32 to zero at the half. Size and four or five really good backs.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2008, 12:47 PM
I think folks are really underestimating OG and that is exactly how they like it. OG is a Senior team that doesn`t rattle easy. Sinton is improved, but costly and silly penalties put them behind the eight ball against a quality opponent. I still feel OG wins, maybe not a blowout, but they are averaging 25 points a game and aside from the Beeville blowout, keeping their opponents in check. Should be a good game and WHY THE HECK CAN`T IT BE THE GAME OF THE WEEK? Sinton offensive group has had a whole year to work out the kinks and last year they just couldnt finish drives with points. Pirates used several running backs last week and didnt pass much and i think it was to keep Hebbronville running back off the field by ball control and it worked but they can air it out. Last year it came down to which team had the ball last and i look for something like that type of game but i think Sinton defense has improved from last year and will come up with some stops.

SintonFan
09-24-2008, 09:12 PM
sinton fan - you were at the beeville game(you left at halftime), has sinton played a team on that quality yet?.........it really does not matter though each game has it's own carma
Yes???
Sorry , I wasn't at the Beeville game... I thought Sinton hasn't played them yet this year..
Quality team? Hebbronville WILL win STATE( in 5A) if they had a chance but we'll never know (because they get smaller and smaller each year). Take that poll takers!:mad:
Carma? Huh? Good teams make there own Karma.:) :clap:

44INAROW
09-24-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll make a prediction on this one.......

Sinton 24
Orange Grove 13

:)

Chillimaru
09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yes???
Sorry , I wasn't at the Beeville game... I thought Sinton hasn't played them yet this year..
Quality team? Hebbronville WILL win STATE( in 5A) if they had a chance but we'll never know (because they get smaller and smaller each year). Take that poll takers!:mad:
Carma? Huh? Good teams make there own Karma.:) :clap:
I think someone is having a bad day!:thinking:

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yes???
Carma? Huh? Good teams make there own Karma.:) :clap: :confused: 5A?!?! LOL

GO PIRATES!!!

JR2004
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM
There's some compelling arguments from both sides on who should win this game. I'll take the Pirates 28-27.

Chillimaru
09-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Cant wait to get things rolling Thursday Night

OG fresman
Sinton freshman
5:30pm

OG JV
Sinton JV
7:00pm

Good luch to both teams
FOOTBALL got to luv it!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Sinton's Newspaper:

Pirates Open District Friday With Bulldogs

Sep. 25, 2008

Coach Tom Allen and his Crew would like very much to keep their '08 success story much intact by collecting a victory Friday night against visiting Orange Grove.

The Pirates have been on the short end of the tally the last two seasons, and would very much like to resolve that dilemma of late, but they will have to do so will a seasoned bunch of Bulldogs.

Coach Brent Komegay, in his 7th year had a bevy of experience filling his ranks from a 6-4 campaign in 2007.

The have only one loss, and that came in a game with Beeville that was reset due to Hurricane Ike, "It was one of those last minute things and they decided to play," Coach Tom Allen. Bad decision for Komegay and his bunch as the 'dogs took it on the chin to Sosa and the Trojans, 50-21.

The Bulldogs opened this season with a 27-24 victory over a very good Rockport Fulton team, and last week they spanked Banquete 28-7.

"They are very well coached and always well prepared when they play us," Coach Tom Allen said.

"Defensively they return eight starters, so they are back with really good experience, and will give everybody (in this district) fits." he added. "Offenively they are run oriented.....which is considerably different from the first of the year," the Pirate mentor added, noting that their quarterback was injured in the Beeville game. "They brought up a junior...a kid named Kelton Craver, and he's a really good running QB...they'll use that to their advantage."

Five kids on OG's defense have drawn praise. Jesse Salas, #44 a middle back is a "stud" linebacker according to scouts. He joined by John Paul Barnes, the noiseguard, who is big, and a very good defensive lineman. The other is Jake Atzenhoffer, #82, at defensive tackle. He's tall and moves well. Strong safety Jose Martinez, #20 has good pursuit and fast. Barrett Davidson, #34, is their free safety and considered their best tackler and hitter.

Offenisvely the entire offensive front gets a star by their name with Atzenhoffer (82) again highlighted as the best of the lot. Jose Martinez, #20 mentioned above, has been circled as their best overall performer in the backfield.

OG will be coming to Pirate Stadium with a lot of confidence owning the series the last two years.

bulldog64
09-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I hope Sinton`s scouts saw what is written, cause what they have written doesn`t match the position some of these kids play. Hopefully mis-scouting helps us on Friday.

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Goodness the local paper massacred Coach Kornegay's name! :doh:

Yes, I'm sure the Sinton coaches who viewed film on OG are clueless and have no idea which OG players are the "ones to watch"! :rolleyes: :doh:

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Cant wait to get things rolling Thursday Night

OG fresman
Sinton freshman
5:30pm

OG JV
Sinton JV
7:00pm

Good luch to both teams
FOOTBALL got to luv it!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap:

Good Luck to our freshman & JV squads!

Chillimaru
09-25-2008, 02:18 PM

Yes, I'm sure the Sinton coaches who viewed film on OG are clueless and have no idea which OG players are the "ones to watch"! :rolleyes: :doh:
One could only hope

bulldog64
09-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Just a little Humour Pirate4State. Small schools like these, the obvious is obvious. It`s the other players that have to step up for the team to win.

Chillimaru
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
This aint fair i cant vote again, i know sinton folks had to have voted aleast 2 or 3 times apiece haha jk

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 02:39 PM
This aint fair i cant vote again, i know sinton folks had to have voted aleast 2 or 3 times apiece haha jk haha you can only vote once

Hey guys, I know yall are new to our board, but I will have the state bound 3A shirt at our game tomorrow. For more information on "Meet & Greets" go http://www.3adownlow.com/meetgreets.php <--- here

If yall know who sotxrat is just follow him at half-time. We'd love to meet you guys. We usually meet out by the buses on Pirate Blvd.

All you Sinton regulars come on out & sign the shirt! :D

bulldog64
09-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Will SotxRat be there? I was in his shoes last year and it wasn`t fun. Senior year is almost tragic. It was hard to go and watch last year without your own playing.

Chillimaru
09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Will SotxRat be there? I was in his shoes last year and it wasn`t fun. Senior year is almost tragic. It was hard to go and watch last year without your own playing.
I am sure he will be there he might even go 2night to the jv

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Will SotxRat be there? I was in his shoes last year and it wasn`t fun. Senior year is almost tragic. It was hard to go and watch last year without your own playing. Yes, I spoke with him earlier. He will be there. He wants to sign the shirt! :) Oh and watch football. :p

sotxrat
09-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I will be there. However, after reading the article from the Sinton paper, I am not sure if the Sinton football team will show up. It makes Orange Grove team look awesome, I guess we will just have to take a forfeit from Sinton.

I can't make the jv game but chili and bulldog, meet me at halftime at the south end of the visitors bleachers and we can walk out to where all the sinton poster's hang out at halftime.

Heck, for all I know, this hangout spot for the sinton posters, may be the only place they can watch a home game from, the officials may have banned them from the stadium a long time ago. lol

Them Sinton people are good people they just talk like they are bad.

JR2004
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM

I also enjoyed reading about OG's "Noiseguard" in that article...I wonder what kind of sounds he makes. :)

sotxrat
09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
noiseguard - i did not catch that - that is hilarious!!!!! His noise's are so bad the offensive linemen will be horrified!!!!!

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Heck, for all I know, this hangout spot for the sinton posters, may be the only place they can watch a home game from, the officials may have banned them from the stadium a long time ago. lol

Them Sinton people are good people they just talk like they are bad.

What are you talking about? I run that place! :p :D

Hope to see you all there!

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I also enjoyed reading about OG's "Noiseguard" in that article...I wonder what kind of sounds he makes. :) :helpme: :D

Chillimaru
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
noiseguard - i did not catch that - that is hilarious!!!!! His noise's are so bad the offensive linemen will be horrified!!!!! He does make some funny noises

sotxrat
09-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Well he is the DQ Kid, you know.

bulldog64
09-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Well this should be the "DQ Big Game of the Week" in his honor! HAHA!

sotxrat
09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
DQ declined because he made too many noises.

sinfan75
09-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Not countin Mark Breon (at 6'6"and 340 tends to double it) what's the average height and weight of Sintons offensive line.

Chillimaru
09-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Orange Grove JV 26
Sinton JV 16

Orange Grove Freshmen 20
Sinton Freshman 8

Great Job Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Orange Grove JV 26
Sinton JV 16

Orange Grove Freshmen 20
Sinton Freshman 16

Great Job Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Congrats. :thumbsup:

Our freshman did better than I thought they would! Good for them.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Orange Grove JV 26
Sinton JV 16

Orange Grove Freshmen 20
Sinton Freshman 8

Great Job Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: no.18 Russell for Orange Grove Jv was fast, didnt look big but was breaking tackles, he completely took over the game. Good game.

Chillimaru
09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
no.18 Russell for Orange Grove Jv was fast, didnt look big but was breaking tackles, he completely took over the game. Good game.
Sinton's JV QB looks to have some potential just needs someone to catch the ball too many dropped passes that were right on the mark, #32 was a very tough runner really suprised they didnt use him more. Glad to see our boys finally coming together, See yall 2morrow night.

pirate4state
09-26-2008, 09:21 AM
IT'S FRIDAY!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

********FYI*********

I will have the 3A DL state bound shirt at tonight's game. Anyone that is interested in M&G'ing/ signing the shirt should meet out on Pirate Blvd, near the buses. (smoker's section) I'll be there as soon as half-time begins.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!

sotxrat
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
congrats to og's frosh and jv teams. i was unable to make games but this is a pleasant surprise. keep up the good work.

gobbler grad
09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
good luck Pirates...should win big tonight...:clap:

bulldog64
09-26-2008, 01:39 PM
"Should" always seems to not show up and help teams win.

pirate4state
09-26-2008, 02:48 PM
"Should" always seems to not show up and help teams win. Neither do his cousins "Woulda & Coulda" :D

sotxrat
09-26-2008, 02:56 PM
you dog gone sinton people better board up your houses and batten down the hatch's, us country bumpkin orange grovites are heading your way, if we don't come away with a victory we will take something, heaven only knows what that might be, maybe your stray cats/dogs (good tamale meat), you have been warned.................i bet ya'll are really scared now!!!!!!

Phil C
09-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Sinton 66 and I meet outside just west of the stadium and hopefully everyone can meet there. This of course includes all the posters from Orange Grove. Just be sure to take your ticket stub with you so you can get back in. I will be the old guy with the San Antonio Spurs cap.

Phil C
09-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't know if Coach Hagar is still at Orange Grove but if so I will be looking for him after the game.

Chillimaru
09-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't know if Coach Hagar is still at Orange Grove but if so I will be looking for him after the game.
He still lives in OG but isnt coaching anymore, went to the oilfield. He was at the game last Friday so he might show up in Sinton

sinton66
09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
you dog gone sinton people better board up your houses and batten down the hatch's, us country bumpkin orange grovites are heading your way, if we don't come away with a victory we will take something, heaven only knows what that might be, maybe your stray cats/dogs (good tamale meat), you have been warned.................i bet ya'll are really scared now!!!!!!

How about squirrels? Will you take squirrels? If so, stop by Odem on the way back, I'll let you have all you can catch.

Chillimaru
09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
How about squirrels? Will you take squirrels? If so, stop by Odem on the way back, I'll let you have all you can catch.
Squirrel and Dumplins are the Best!!

SintonFan
09-26-2008, 11:15 PM
rotflmao!
Gotta love those special tamales...:D
sotxrat, I didn't mean to pee you off but my user name has been SintonFan for awhile and I decided to have some fun with it on my last post. Sorry for the "blind side".
I hope to get some free time and meet some of you good folks in the playoffs around SA. Good luck yall!
:)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Sinton 28
Orange Grove 14

OG losing their qb to injury in the Beeville game will hurt them. Their defense will tell the tale on Friday night. Will they be able contain Sinton's rushing game? I thought we were a spread team? :confused: ;)

I think our ability to rotate in so many different looks at RB/QB will keep defenses (in our district) on their heels.

Should be a fun game to watch & I expect a great crowd & atmosphere at Pirate Stadium!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :2thumbsup

Even the Final Poll score was close, 28-17