PDA

View Full Version : Who wins this important 24-3A game?

nunya
09-21-2008, 02:45 PM
The loser of this contest will have its back to the wall for remainder of season.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 02:49 PM
depends on who can stop the run. If Caldwell lets Whaley run wild I think they lose.

nunya
09-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
depends on who can stop the run. If Caldwell lets Whaley run wild I think they lose.

Problem for M'ville is..... Hornets have Nelson Scott, Randel Lister and Kysan Woolverton as a triple threat. You do the math. :thinking:

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
But whaley is like 3 RB's combined. There is a reason he is the 65th ranked player in the nation according to the Rivals 100. Like I said whoever can stop the run can win. The two most important games this week is Rockdale/Cameron and this game . those 4 teams will be bidding for the final 2 playoff spots behind navasota IMO

nunya
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
M'ville would be much stronger if it would diversify its offensive strategy. Too many men in orange know how to get to Mr. Whaley, and quickly.

Caldwell's upgraded "D" held Waco Connally to 12 points after Cameron surrendered 41.

Time will tell.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 02:58 PM
That common opponent stuff is a lame argument. Good luck to Caldwell!

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
I'd agree if we were debating a TD or two's difference but four TD's? My guess is Whaley will be exhausted after the first half.

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:02 PM
That common opponent stuff is a lame argument. Good luck to Caldwell!

For R'dale's sake, the common opponent theory would be great given the outcomes with Taylor against Llano.

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Personally, I think the Caldwell at Taylor game will be full of surprises because of the Cobia traitor factor.... but who could turn down $25K more a year?

Still can't understand how the Ducks are 3A. Probably because families migrated to Hutto for modern facilities.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Caldwell blows out taylor they aren't good. Caldwell should be long pass the Cobia deal that was like 4 years ago, right?

ProudHornetMom
09-21-2008, 03:07 PM
It will be a tough game for both teams. Both teams have had off weeks and lack of electricity for a week. Caldwell was able to practice some but not sure about Madisonville. Caldwell is 2-1 and Madisonville is 1-2 but we can't take their record or Whatley lightly. If we continue to improve each week and stay focused, we will win. I hate to admit that I think one of the best things that happened was losing to Bellville the first game. That loss caused a true gut check and the team isn't taking anything for granted.

I'm with Blue ( rare and scary for me to admit), Rockdale vs Cameron and Caldwell vs Madisonville will be vital in determining who goes on in post district play.

Brazos Valley Stats Week 3 (http://www.brazossports.com/football/Brazos-Valley-Football-Staistics----Week-3)

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Caldwell blows out taylor they aren't good. Caldwell should be long pass the Cobia deal that was like 4 years ago, right?

Taylor's got some nice folks, but it still seems like a big Granger. LOL

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:09 PM
hey don't talk down on the 7-4. Taylor is G'd up for sure

ProudHornetMom
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM

One would think but somehow it gets kicked back up. :rolleyes:
Cobia wasn't a traitor and he's happy in Taylor and we're happy with Williams. We need to let it go...

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:12 PM
True....everyone knows you GOTTA hold grudges

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I hate to admit that I think one of the best things that happened was losing to Bellville the first game. That loss caused a true gut check and the team isn't taking anything for granted.

... you said a mouthful there! I said the exact thing to friends last week. The Bellville game was like a scrimmage game for Caldwell, like the team was still learning what to polish. Had Bellville been the second scrimmage before Week 0, the Hornets would have been FAR more prepared psychologically. You just can't compare scrimmaging New Waverly to Bellville's warming up against the depth (not necessarily talent) of Brenham and Needville.

New Waverly isn't that bad, though.

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:15 PM
True....everyone knows you GOTTA hold grudges

Come on people, quit spoiling the fun! :-)

ProudHornetMom
09-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by nunya
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
[B]I hate to admit that I think one of the best things that happened was losing to Bellville the first game. That loss caused a true gut check and the team isn't taking anything for granted.

... you said a mouthful there! I said the exact thing to friends last week. The Bellville game was like a scrimmage game for Caldwell, like the team was still learning what to polish. Had Bellville been the second scrimmage before Week 0, the Hornets would have been FAR more prepared psychologically. You just can't compare scrimmaging New Waverly to Bellville's warming up against the depth (not necessarily talent) of Brenham and Needville.

New Waverly isn't that bad, though.

:eek: I wouldn't go there Nunya. Bellville wasn't like a scrimmage. They came out to play for real and beat us legitimately. We learned from that and are moving on. Bellville's strength and game made us stronger in the long run. I would never minimize that game to a scrimmage level.

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:18 PM
It appears Cobia was a better fit in C-town. Imagine our defense from 2005 with our 2008 offense. Whew!

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by nunya
It appears Cobia was a better fit in C-town.
:doh: :doh: Drop it....

ProudHornetMom
09-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Nunya...let it go...please let it go.

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
:eek: I wouldn't go there Nunya. Bellville wasn't like a scrimmage. They came out to play for real and beat us legitimately. We learned from that and are moving on. Bellville's strength and game made us stronger in the long run. I would never minimize that game to a scrimmage level.

I don't recall saying Bellville didn't win legitimately. In fact, I said they were still a couple TD's better at this stage. One of the sideline coaches even shared privately that Caldwell simply wasn't prepared for the first game. Doesn't mean Caldwell didn't put forth effort. Simply suggests that scrimmaging New Waverly's 22 varsity players couldn't prepare Caldwell for Bellville's 50.

For God's sake, let the record stand that Cobia is a great guy, and Williams is doing fine in Caldwell. Gots ta chill.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Open your hands
http://realwomenscrap.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/16353010.jpg
And let go of the grudge :D

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Open your hands
http://realwomenscrap.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/16353010.jpg

Remember that when Rockdale travels to Caldwell.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I have no grudges

ProudHornetMom
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Good one Blue ;) referencing the picture not the above post. :D

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Open your hands

I thought you were going to say "crap in one & hope in the other & see which fills up faster". ;)

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm being civilized this week. I will be a better poster to create a better atmosphere for this board

87 TIGER
09-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Caldwell wins by 14 Mustangs defense too weak for the Hornet ground game

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm being civilized this week. I will be a better poster to create a better atmosphere for this board

OK, that was one. Now write that sentence 99 more times on the chalkboard. jk

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:49 PM
ya right I'll copy and paste it 99 more times into word

nunya
09-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Write it on the chalkboard with nails.... and we'll forgive you after three. :)

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
that sound sends shivers down me spine

navscanmaster
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Caldwell will destroy Madisonville's defense. A little history on Madisonville so far this year.

Week Zero - Won home game against Groesbeck (1-3) 24-12
Week One - Lost home game to Coldspring (1-2) 52-34
Week Two - Lost road game to Palestine Westwood (1-3) 35-33
Week Three - Cancelled vs. Crockett.

Notice that they are the only wins for a couple of mediocre teams.

Offensively, they have Whaley and another speedy back Brock Taylor they use in both the running and passing games. The line is shaky at best, and because they use Whaley so much, opponents pretty much line up 8 or 9 in the box. If the play doesn't go to Whaley, at least you have tremendous pressure on an inexperienced QB.

Caldwell 55, Madisonville 36.

navscanmaster
09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
By the way, nunya, what is your obsession with Giddings? I know you don't like reading the buff4's posts, but the title of the poll practically invites them to jump in.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
By the way, nunya, what is your obsession with Giddings? I know you don't like reading the buff4's posts, but the title of the poll practically invites them to jump in.
It's called strategery. :devil:

HEMOTOXIC
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Madisonville's defense is down this year. Madisonville will not be able to match Caldwell touchdown for touchdown. Similarily, to Coldspring, who in my opinion isn't as good as Caldwell, and who also tourched the Mustange defense.

Caldwell by 21.

nunya
09-23-2008, 10:24 PM
I also expect a high-scoring affair. My prediction:

Caldwell 46, Madisonville 27
(some day the Hornets will find their kicking game. Beware if that day arrives).