PDA

View Full Version : 31-3a

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Pre-season record combine district went 8-15.
Here is DCTF 2008 Ranking:
1. Corpus Christi West Oso 1-2
2. Ingleside 1-2
3. Mathis 2-1
4. Sinton 2-0
5. Orange Grove 2-1
6. Robstown 0-3
7. Aransas Pass 0-3
8. Falfurrias 0-3

West Oso went 1-2 against some good teams.

Ingleside struggle after a impressive win to start the season and went 1-2.

Mathis went 2-1 with 2 shutouts and allowing only 14 ponts thru 3 games.

Orange Grove went 2-1 in a much better preseason schedule than past years. Only loss was to 4a Beeville.

Sinton went 2-0 with a good offensive performance against Hebbronville and defensive performance against Goliad.

Aransas Pass went 0-3 with their offense struggling but a defense that did ok. Offense would need to improve for AP to compete for a playoff spot.

Robstown went 0-3 against good 3a team and two 4A teams. Defensively struggling to stop the opposition and offensively mistakes stalling some drives.

Falfurrias went 0-3 and struggle in first game to score but pick it up offensively their last two games. Defensively were overmatched in their last two games.

Any thoughts on how this district will turn out this year?

1. West Oso (D2)
2. Sinton(D1)
3. Orange Grove(D2)
4. Mathis
5. Ingleside
6. Aransas Pass
7. Robstown
8. Falfurrias

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Pre-season record combine district went 8-15.
Here is DCTF 2008 Ranking:
1. Corpus Christi West Oso 1-2
2. Ingleside 1-2
3. Mathis 2-1
4. Sinton 2-0
5. Orange Grove 2-1
6. Robstown 0-3
7. Aransas Pass 0-3
8. Falfurrias 0-3

West Oso went 1-2 against some good teams.

Ingleside struggle after a impressive win to start the season and went 1-2.

Mathis went 2-1 with 2 shutouts and allowing only 14 ponts thru 3 games.

Orange Grove went 2-1 in a much better preseason schedule than past years. Only loss was to 4a Beeville.

Sinton went 2-0 with a good offensive performance against Hebbronville and defensive performance against Goliad.

Aransas Pass went 0-3 with their offense struggling but a defense that did ok. Offense would need to improve for AP to compete for a playoff spot.

Robstown went 0-3 against good 3a team and two 4A teams. Defensively struggling to stop the opposition and offensively mistakes stalling some drives.

Falfurrias went 0-3 and struggle in first game to score but pick it up offensively their last two games. Defensively were overmatched in their last two games.

Any thoughts on how this district will turn out this year?

1. West Oso (D2)
2. Sinton(D1)
3. Orange Grove(D2)
4. Mathis
5. Ingleside
6. Aransas Pass
7. Robstown
8. Falfurrias

I haven't seen Mathis play yet, but I can see them taking one of the playoff spots away from Oso or OG.

I totally agree with us going D1, but we go as district champs! Even though the last game of district won't "matter", in terms of who gets a playoff spot, it will matter to our kids to get OUR district title back and they will walk into Oso and finish what they started last year! :eek: :devil:

Boys - don't make a liar out of me! :D

CueroDad08
09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Any of these 8 teams can make playoffs in this distric. It's all up to who wants it the most.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I haven't seen Mathis play yet, but I can see them taking one of the playoff spots away from Oso or OG.

I totally agree with us going D1, but we go as district champs! Even though the last game of district won't "matter", in terms of who gets a playoff spot, it will matter to our kids to get OUR district title back and they will walk into Oso and finish what they started last year! :eek: :devil:

Boys - don't make a liar out of me! :D I've only seen one game for both Mathis and OG and i would give OG the nod for better offense that can pass some along with running the ball. But i did see Mathis when they had bad fumble game offensively.

Last year Pirates had West Oso up against the ropes and fail to deliver a knockout punch with Sinton up 14-0 in 1st QTR and going for another score inside the 10 before fumble return turn the game around.

boba fett
09-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Any of these 8 teams can make playoffs in this distric. It's all up to who wants it the most. Almost any team. You can count out Ap, Fal & Robstown. Those guys will all battle it out for the last 3 spots! I work with a bunch of guys from Fal & Robstown....they don't care what happens in football...they are waiting on baseball season! LOL

Chillimaru
09-21-2008, 11:16 AM
I see Sinton and OG in 1st or 2nd

Mathis and West Oso battling for 3rd place

Ingelside will get some wins this season but i dont not against the top 4 no offense to ingelside they are just young and rebuilding we will be in the same boat next year

Dont see Robstown, Fal, and AP doing much at all

As far as Baseball goes
Sinton
Fal
Robstown

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Sinton and OG the last two years have been close and come down to the last minutes of the game.
2006 OG 16 Sinton 10 (Pirates 1st district loss in a decade)
2007 OG 26 Sinton 21

Chillimaru
09-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Sinton and OG the last two years have been close and come down to the last minutes of the game.
2006 OG 16 Sinton 10 (Pirates 1st district loss in a decade)
2007 OG 26 Sinton 21
2006 team was a very special team teams like that are few and far inbetween there wasnt a particular star that stood out they just gelled together as a team. Last year another 2:00 minutes and it might have been a different turn out. During 7 on 7 this year i watched Sinton's lineman working out by pushing a car and tractor tires up and down the practice field. That is reason for my predictions i beleive OG and Sinton want it the most. West Oso has more speed but if they get down by 14 points i think they will get down on thereselfs. If we can stop Mathis's fullback up the middle we have them beat.

maroonpirate04
09-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Sinton played the best homecoming game in 2 years to put an end to the losing streak. Very proud of the Pirates on putting a great performance. To prove never underestimate the underdog. They played a very good 2A Hebbronville team. The Pirates are like a dorment volcano ready to explode at any time. No one knows when until it happens. So watch out 31-3A:D This could be the year;)

99IHSMustang
09-21-2008, 01:27 PM
I still believe that Ingleside has a chance at a playoff spot. Granted they have only scored 6 points in the last two games, those coming from RF who seems to be playing better. In 2005 we started out pretty similary with our offense not clicking very well and even had difficulty the first two games in district, but wound up finishing second overall. There is no doubt that this is looking to be a down year for Ingleside, but 7 games that actually count are coming up and I think coach H is going to have them ready despite what many people may think. Go Stangs!

sotxrat
09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
With the first week of district games approaching, it seems that my preseason prediction, as of now, is taking shape. The only team that i predicted to be a strong contender for a playoff spot is becoming maybe a question mark, that would be Mathis. They have not impressed me so far............it will come down to west oso, orange grove, sinton and mathis................i will change my prediction on ingleside, they will win 3 district games instead of the 2 that i thought, aransas pass seems to be weaker than i thought.............the game this week between sinton and orange grove in sinton will have a major impact on who will win district but both teams will still be in contention for a playoff spot with a loss..........good luck to all teams

bulldog64
09-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I think it`s a three hoss race. Oso, OG, Sinton, So I agree, this week is important for OG and Sinton.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Massey rating has:
1. Orange Grove
2. West Oso
3. Sinton
4. Ingleside
5. Mathis
6. Robstown
7. Aransas Pass
8. Falfurrias

SintonFan_inAustin