PDA

View Full Version : Prosper already 4A

Twirling Time
09-21-2008, 09:45 AM
... in grades 8-11.

http://www.prosper-isd.net/Uploads/72/misc/ProjectedEnrollmentforPISDUpdated8-20-07BondNeutral.pdf

That's 1,005 students for those scoring at home.

These are last year's projections but anyone that has visited Prosper recently after a few months away would not dispute these numbers. Prosper will be 4A in the 2010 realignment and will be already pushing 5A in 2012.

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 12:46 PM
That area is blowing up. fast

CelinaCatFan
09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Guess who's next with the Tollway headed north!

Twirling Time
09-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Guess who's next with the Tollway headed north!

The tollway frontage road opens to Celina in a couple of weeks. I take 428 as a shortcut to Denton all the time and they've made progress. The widening of 428 for the turn lane was finished this weekend.

But Prosper will be 5A long before Celina even goes 4A. Celina's been steadily gaining 20-25 students every year since 2000. The tollway and a better economy will perk this up but Prosper has a huge head start.

navscanmaster
09-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
The tollway frontage road opens to Celina in a couple of weeks. I take 428 as a shortcut to Denton all the time and they've made progress. The widening of 428 for the turn lane was finished this weekend.

But Prosper will be 5A long before Celina even goes 4A. Celina's been steadily gaining 20-25 students every year since 2000. The tollway and a better economy will perk this up but Prosper has a huge head start.

Growth is ridiculous in Collin County. Who will be 4A first? Celina, Farmersville, Nevada Community, or Princeton?

Emerson1
09-21-2008, 05:30 PM
They can come suffer with us now

JR2004
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Growth is ridiculous in Collin County. Who will be 4A first? Celina, Farmersville, Nevada Community, or Princeton?

I say Princeton. Celina has at least another 3, possibly 4, realignments before it moves to 4A. Farmersville and Community won't be going anywhere for a good while.

OldNavy
09-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
My guess is Melissa will be 4A first. They are growing a lot faster than the towns mentioned right now.

Emerson1
09-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Celina is actually letting normal families with normal kids move in to the city?

gatordaze
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Celina is actually letting normal families with normal kids move in to the city?

Actually the average kids have to go to Prosper resulting in their massive growth.

CelinaProud
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Who said anything about normal?

VWG
09-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Melissa and Anna will both see a ton of growth within the next 5-6 years.

Although not in Collin County, but what about Aubrey? Pretty close to Hwy 380, and the way Denton is growing they have to have some feed off from that population. I know Little Elm is planning a second high school. Who would have thought Little Elm with two high schools!

charlesrixey
09-22-2008, 06:42 AM
celina still has to double in size as a hs before we move up

that won't happen overnight-but when it does, it will be explosive

BILLYFRED0000
09-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Well the city will grow alot but what people have to understand is that the school districts are set up where the southern Celina city limits includes the Prosper ISD. Probably room for about 5000 homes in those areas. Maybe as much as ten thousand. Celina will get quite large but the Prosper ISD will get the first load before it moves north into Celina.

mwynn05
09-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by VWG

Although not in Collin County, but what about Aubrey? Pretty close to Hwy 380, and the way Denton is growing they have to have some feed off from that population. I know Little Elm is planning a second high school. Who would have thought Little Elm with two high schools! Aubrey isn't going to far unless the denton isd gives up some land out there almost all of those subdivisions out there are denton isd even though some of them have Aubrey addresses ask ranger mom her mom lives out there

Balcones fault
09-22-2008, 08:23 AM
With the increase in commuting costs, I don't think the outer ex-urbs will see growth as fast as Frisco or Plano experienced. Having experienced first hand the commute from Celina, then McKinney/Frisco/Prosper (McFrisper)(:) ) to downtown, its quite a beating and not cheap. Perhaps that gets mitigated somewhat by home offices and such, but I'd predict steady growth, not exponential growth. 289 south must be a real pain by now. I bet lots of folks are ready for the tollway access road to open.

mwynn05
09-22-2008, 09:04 AM
well Aubrey will be 3a soon but if they ever go 4a it will be a while

marler1972
09-22-2008, 10:01 AM
From what I have heard the high school has around 550 kids 9-12 and last year we turned in 476 or somewhere close to that. That is a little more than 25 kids a year. I think the freshman class is the biggest class to enter the high school.

Twirling Time
09-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Aubrey only missed the 3A cutoff by eight kids last time. They'll be 3A in 2010 unless the cutoff jumps significantly. I also think it's possible PP jumps back up to 3A — their losing students seems to be a blip.

On the other hand, it wouldn't shock me if Van Alstyne dropped back to 2A. All their growth is in the elementary grades right now — sort of like Prosper was about 6-8 years ago.

Ranger Mom
09-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Aubrey isn't going to far unless the denton isd gives up some land out there almost all of those subdivisions out there are denton isd even though some of them have Aubrey addresses ask ranger mom her mom lives out there

Exactly. My mom lives about a mile off of 380, her address is Aubrey, but they are in the Denton school district! Their house is closer to Aubrey, Prosper, Celina, Little Elm, and The Colony than it is to Denton!!

Twirling Time
09-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Exactly. My mom lives about a mile off of 380, her address is Aubrey, but they are in the Denton school district! Their house is closer to Aubrey, Prosper, Celina, Little Elm, and The Colony than it is to Denton!!

Yep. All those subdivisions — Savannah, Paloma Creek and Providence — are Denton. Denton ISD follows 380 almost to the Collin County line.

This is a cool feature that shows all the state's ISD boundaries down to street level.

http://deleon.tea.state.tx.us/SDL/Forms/#

eagles_victory
09-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Although not in Collin County, but what about Aubrey? Pretty close to Hwy 380, and the way Denton is growing they have to have some feed off from that population. I know Little Elm is planning a second high school. Who would have thought Little Elm with two high schools! I think they should just have to be Elm.

Twirling Time
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Although not in Collin County, but what about Aubrey? Pretty close to Hwy 380, and the way Denton is growing they have to have some feed off from that population. I know Little Elm is planning a second high school. Who would have thought Little Elm with two high schools!

I always thought Little Elm was so landlocked, they'd never be bigger than a 4A. Are they thinking of a 4A and a 3A or two 3As?