PDA

View Full Version : The Brownwood mindset?

blowfish
09-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Here is what I am wondering... based on Rocket and other Bwood posters they were coming down to 3A to teach us a thing or two about High School football.

I am sure this is the same sentiment that the coaches and players probably had.

Having said that could the caoches and players minds be playing games with them now. I am sure we could have all made a small fortune betting that Bwood would be 1-3.

Just my $0.02

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Here is what I am wondering... based on Rocket and other Bwood posters they were coming down to 3A to teach us a thing or two about High School football.

Having said that could the caoches and players minds be playing games with them now. I am sure we could have all made a small fortune betting that Bwood would be 1-3.

Just my $0.02

I truly truly doubt the coaches thought they would becoming down to 3A and teaching other teams anything

I sometimes think we forget the fan base of teams here on 3ADL do NOT speak for or represent the coaches or the team itself

blowfish
09-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Maybe, but I can tell you I get my attitude about my team and the upcoming game by the way the our coach talks about what we hope to accomplish. You know as well as I do that when you hang out at the barber shop or the whataburger the coach/coaches tend to talk more openly than when at a function.

blowfish
09-21-2008, 09:37 AM
historically Bwood has always thought they were better than everyone else. From the days when GOD coached them (gordon wood) to this year when the mighty Lions were going to dominate the podunk 3A football teams and become rulers of the universe.

Oops something happened to them and now they must be wondering why such a powerhouse like them cant whip these 3A flunkies.

3afan
09-21-2008, 09:39 AM
if Brownwood's (the team, not fans) ultimate seasonal goals have changed 'cause they didnt breeze thru a very, very difficult non district schedule then they were doomed from the start

they just went toe-to-toe with the best 3A team in the state ... they should be feeling' good about their chances ...

Lion_Addict
09-21-2008, 09:45 AM
historically Bwood has always thought they were better than everyone else. From the days when GOD coached them (gordon wood) to this year when the mighty Lions were going to dominate the podunk 3A football teams and become rulers of the universe.

Oops something happened to them and now they must be wondering why such a powerhouse like them cant whip these 3A flunkies.

Dude, your name fits....."BLOW" :mad: . Nothing but freakin hot air coming from them fingers. Any chance you're related to Snidertigersrul? Neither one of you are even worth the time. :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Just my $0.02

Your post is stupid. I and my buds from Brownwood have made it very clear that we like our chances alot better in 3A than 4A. There is not a team we will play that we CANNOT beat in 3A. Doesn't mean we will beat them. This was not the case in 4A. This Brownwood team is young. 8 Sophs getting a bulk of the playing time. Brownwood is also not deep and we have lost 2 good lineman already, 1 a D1. No excuses, just letting you know why we aren't dominating at the moment. If we had scheduled a bunch of cupcakes and were 4-0 right now you people wouldn't even be bringing this up.

See WOS87's post and you will understand our mindset and attitude. We NEVER give up hope on a team until the last game is played. Win or lose, this young Brownwood team is getting better and growing in confidence.

As far as us coming down to 3A to teach you a thing or 2. That is stupid. But it is posts like these that will make you look real stupid.

This is all about respect. You want Brownwood to respect the talent in 3A and we want 3A to respect what Brownwood is capable of. Simple as that. Trust me you blowhard, you will respect Brownwood sooner or later. Mark my words.

Bullaholic
09-21-2008, 09:57 AM

Just my $0.02

Who can say what is in 1 person's mind, let alone an entire team and coaching staff. I think you may be trying to create some urban legend stuff, and I certainly won't try to guess your motivations or mindset, nor criticize you for expressing your opinion. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the Brownwood smack talk---that is just some folks way of having fun and supporting their team, and I'm sure they expect to get it back in full measure when Brownwood loses.

I believe Brownwood will make the playoffs and do well, regardless of their W-L record. If they don't, then we can all speculate as to the reasons why not, then.

Eagle 1
09-21-2008, 10:10 AM

Just my $0.02

Thats got to be the dumbest post I have ever read.
Just my $0.02

Emerson1
09-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't think the coaches were thinking it would be a cake walk, but 99% of the players probably did. It's unavoidable no matter how perfect little bobbie joe is, he is still a cocky HS kid

espn1
09-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Thats got to be the dumbest post I have ever read.
Just my $0.02 :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Looking4number8
09-21-2008, 10:22 AM

Just my $0.02

It's ok, just be honest.. What is your beef with Brownwood... got an ex-mother in law that lives here or something? This cant really be about football.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
It's ok, just be honest.. What is your beef with Brownwood... got an ex-mother in law that lives here or something? This cant really be about football.

Blowhard is keeping us in check. How dare we think we can win in 3A... I have said this a hundred times, every August we talk about #8 and we expect to win the next state title. Fans that have never supported a team that has won a title can't understand this. It's just the way it is. Now it is not about being a blind homer, it is about hope and when you have seen what we have seen, we never count a team out from doing that this early in the season. LH is good, but not the best we have seen in recent years, believe me when I say that. Not even close.

daug
09-21-2008, 11:48 AM
And next year you will be talking, A lot, about winning #8. That is all you will be doing is talking and talking, you are GREAT at it. All you Bwood posters are in denial.

Trashman
09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by daug
And next year you will be talking, A lot, about winning #8. That is all you will be doing is talking and talking, you are GREAT at it. All you Bwood posters are in denial.

The only people that are in denial is you and blowfish, you cannot stand the very thought of Brownwood. Where does all this hatred come from? Do you not get enough love from your family? Were you dropped on your head as a baby? :D

I notice that your avatar and signature do not list a team, town, hobby or occupation. Surely the sign of a sick individual with anti-social behavioral tendencies.

Lion_Addict
09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by daug

Need to just stick you with the "other 2". Hey, why not just combine all of ya into one name and have your posts here as one. A name? Hmmmm :thinking: . "Daug_Blows_Tigers"......I like it. That's the ticket! :devil:

8HR
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
[B This is all about respect. You want Brownwood to respect the talent in 3A and we want 3A to respect what Brownwood is capable of. Simple as that. Trust me you blowhard, you will respect Brownwood sooner or later. Mark my words. [/B]

Respect...Nobody cares about what you are capable of!!! You do not get wins and rings for capability. The facts are that Brownwood is 1-2 against 3a teams this year and the 1 is very likely not even a playoff team. To have to demand respect at this point in the season sounds like desperation. I know you will deny the feeling of desperation but spare us on the demands of respect.

Trashman
09-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
Respect...Nobody cares about what you are capable of!!! You do not get wins and rings for capability. The facts are that Brownwood is 1-2 against 3a teams this year and the 1 is very likely not even a playoff team. To have to demand respect at this point in the season sounds like desperation. I know you will deny the feeling of desperation but spare us on the demands of respect.

I think you need to read that post again. It does not demand respect. :hand:

Snydertigersrul
09-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Blowhard is keeping us in check. How dare we think we can win in 3A... I have said this a hundred times, every August we talk about #8 and we expect to win the next state title. Fans that have never supported a team that has won a title can't understand this. It's just the way it is. Now it is not about being a blind homer, it is about hope and when you have seen what we have seen, we never count a team out from doing that this early in the season. LH is good, but not the best we have seen in recent years, believe me when I say that. Not even close.

And you think 1-3 is a great start?

:rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
09-21-2008, 12:42 PM

Just my $0.02

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Your post is stupid. I and my buds from Brownwood have made it very clear that we like our chances alot better in 3A than 4A.

Why do yall like your chances better in 3A?

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Why do yall like your chances better in 3A?

Dont make Brownwood mad. I begged them to take it easy on 3a this year and so far they have. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Not tryin to make them mad, I just want to know their reasons. I guess #'s?

bandera7
09-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Man...this is getting ridiculous. The only people that can really say anything about Bwood is LH and LaVega. Nobody else on here has teams that beat them. And I guarantee you, if you ask the fans, particularly LH fans, they will tell you just how good Bwood is. To play back to back state champs (with a good chance on making it a three peat) within seven points and have the fans nervous makes you a pretty dang good football team.

I forgot, Brownwood was supposed to be just like all the other teams on here apparently and just lay down to LH?

(Not intended to insult any LH fans at all-merely making a point. And not directed at any other fans either-mostly at those opening their mouths up here.)

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Not tryin to make them mad, I just want to know their reasons. I guess #'s?

Are the numbers not the same as the other 3A teams? But seriously, dont make them mad. We need them to take it easy on all of 3a. :D

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Man...this is getting ridiculous. The only people that can really say anything about Bwood is LH and LaVega. Nobody else on here has teams that beat them. And I guarantee you, if you ask the fans, particularly LH fans, they will tell you just how good Bwood is. To play back to back state champs (with a good chance on making it a three peat) within seven points and have the fans nervous makes you a pretty dang good football team.

I forgot, Brownwood was supposed to be just like all the other teams on here apparently and just lay down to LH?

(Not intended to insult any LH fans at all-merely making a point. And not directed at any other fans either-mostly at those opening their mouths up here.)

Exactly. Dont make Brownwood mad. They will unlesh the fury. :(

Trashman
09-21-2008, 01:24 PM
For the 1000th time, our enrollment numbers are more accureately reflected in 3A than 4A. That is why we like our chances in 3A.

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
For the 1000th time, our enrollment numbers are more accureately reflected in 3A than 4A. That is why we like our chances in 3A.

We are just ribbing you. Well, I am anyway.:)

Trashman
09-21-2008, 01:54 PM
It's cool.... but this crap is really starting to get old.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Someones stiring the pot...:nerd: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 01:55 PM
but this crap is really starting to get old.
I'm with you! :)

Old Green
09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
It's cool.... but this crap is really starting to get old. Exactly:iagree: