PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer @ Daingerfield

navscanmaster
09-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Folks, this game just got a whole heck of a lot more interesting!:devil:

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2008, 10:51 PM
If the do, I can see more votes for Daingerfield in the 3ADL top 25. :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
09-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If the do, I can see more votes for Daingerfield in the 3ADL top 25. :eek: :eek:

I saw that!!:confused:

Necks_Fan
09-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Well crap.... throw in the Woodlands and GPNS and every body else too then....

LOL. I seriously didn't catch that though. :eek:

easttexas3a
09-21-2008, 12:03 PM
the thing about Gilmer so far this year, is they go as the offense goes. Which is an amazing thing considering that the last 4 or 5 seasons have been plagued by how well the D could play. So far this year the Defense has been pretty consistent, they have given up about 14 points a game. The offense has managed to give another team about 17 points so far this season. If Gilmer's O can get back to how they played against Jasper then they will win. But if they play the way they have the last two weeks Daingerfield will beat us in a close game. Should be interesting, I have faith in my bucks, but I won't be hitting the panic button if they lose.

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Folks, this game just got a whole heck of a lot more interesting!:devil:

Not really.

Gilmer is going to get thumped again. ;) ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well crap.... throw in the Woodlands and GPNS and every body else too then....

LOL. I seriously didn't catch that though. :eek:
Neither of those teams defeated a 3A team, much less a highly ranked 3A defending state championship team. The reasons given in the rankings I received via pm were valid, even if they shouldn't be included. I guess in the future I will ignore the rankings and have 24 from that vote.

Aesculus gilmus
09-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Gilmer will win going away. It'll be over by halftime.

A Jeff Traylor-coached team has NEVER lost two in a row (unless it was in 2000, his first season when they went 6-4) and this team won't be the first.

I just looked up "team histories" and indeed it was in 2000 the last time Gilmer lost two in a row, the first to Spring Hill, and the second to, guess who ... yep, Daingerfield, 35-14.

And I was at that 35-14 game. It was in Daingerfield and it was pouring down rain. That game was basically over by halftime.

I still say the Buckeyes will win this one, though. The Tigers just don't have much "mystique" left even though they did surprise Celina and deserve kudos for that.

It used to be D'field could just show up on a field and intimidate the other team. Those days are long gone.

thatboiwes
09-21-2008, 01:54 PM
I would feel much better about this game if it was being played in Gilmer. The last time we played in D'field was in 2006, with GJ Kinne leading the way. We barely defeated a mediocre Tiger football team 62-42 and we were ranked #2 at the time.

It's always a battle when these 2 teams play each other, especially in Daingerfield. If Gilmer would have won last week, I might would say Daingerfield wins. But coming off of a loss, I say Gilmer comes out more fired up than then have all season a take down the Tigers. Hopefully, anyways.

easttexas3a
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I see gilmer winning this game, something in the neighborhood of 35-21. I think Daingerfield snuck up on Celina, and won't be able to do that on Gilmer, especially after Gilmer just lost. I also suspect Gilmer won't have another bad week of offensive play which has plagued them so far this season.

pirate4state
09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Gilmer 49 Daingerfield 28

I'm just throwing numbers out there! After what happened last week, the only thing that might help Dfield is that they are playing at home, but the Buckeyes will take out their frustrations of losing to Kilgore out on Dfield!

BobcatBenny
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Daingerfield needs to take both hands and cover their vitals. Gilmer is going to lay claim to all nuts on the field this Friday. Daingerfield has the "L" handed to them in their house this week! :eek: :D

Gsquared
09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
after seeing both, Gilmer wins this one by two touchdowns.

lostaussie
09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
after seeing both, Gilmer wins this one by two touchdowns. i hope you are correct!!!!! Where you gonna be this weekend?

Gsquared
09-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i hope you are correct!!!!! Where you gonna be this weekend?
Either Crockett at LaVega or Texas High at Longview.

pirate4state
09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Either Crockett at LaVega or Texas High at Longview. You know you can't resist some big O's!

Gsquared
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You know you can't resist some big O's!
How'd you know? :p

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM

LV will spank Crockett! I'm sure you can find somewhere to eat in Longview!

SLIKK
09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer will win going away. It'll be over by halftime.

It used to be D'field could just show up on a field and intimidate the other team. Those days are long gone.

You're lucky my day here has come to an end, to be continued......

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by SLIKK
You're lucky my day here has come to an end, to be continued...... I wanna read what ya gotta say SLIKK :)

charlesrixey
09-24-2008, 11:26 AM

i would pick the latter, but i don't know how good texas high is supposed to be this year--i know longview will be a force in 4A and has played pretty well so far

of course, crockett is kind of always talented team in a decent year that could step up at any time and play like a top 10 team, and of course it would happen when you choose not to watch them

they're both about the same distance away from you, right G?

09-25-2008, 10:05 PM
u know all this sounds familiar to the TIGERS, everyone saying the TIGERS lose, i will now say the same thing i said when we played Celina, the TIGERS "D" will impress all, they will not give up 30, we wil score 25, TIGERS by 9, if the TIGERS "O" do anything this will by 13+

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Gilmer 49 Daingerfield 28

I'm just throwing numbers out there! After what happened last week, the only thing that might help Dfield is that they are playing at home, but the Buckeyes will take out their frustrations of losing to Kilgore out on Dfield! I was pretty stinking close! My prediction to buckeye80 was 45-21.

lostaussie
09-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by 3108
u know all this sounds familiar to the TIGERS, everyone saying the TIGERS lose, i will now say the same thing i said when we played Celina, the TIGERS "D" will impress all, they will not give up 30, we wil score 25, TIGERS by 9, if the TIGERS "O" do anything this will by 13+

Originally posted by SLIKK
You're lucky my day here has come to an end, to be continued......

see yall next year :blahblah::wave: