PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cuero Gobbler Fans!!!

Boomer
09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
The last 5 min. of the game were amazing!! Our stands were very loud. Great job Cuero Fans!!

But what about the first 3 quarters? We should have been rocking the place all game long! I stand on the side lines every game, and I can't here yall cheering, just Spencer and a few others. The same for the Rio Hondo game, quiet! Now I know there are plenty of fans yelling, but I can't hear you. And if i can't here you, the players can't here you, they have helmets on.

The players feed off our excitement from the stands. THEY EXPECT US TO YELL AND MAKE SOME NOISE JUST LIKE WE EXPECT THEM TO PLAY HARD AND WIN!! When we were down 21-14 in the 4th and we were on defense, it looked like we were going to loose the game. When the fans started yelling "defense" and making noise, they seem to play with more intensity.

I AM MAKING A CHALLENGE TO ALL THE GOBBLER FANS. When our defense is on the field, especially on 3rd and 4th downs, make some noise, be very loud!! Bring noise makers to the games. Get pumped up!!

Lets show every team we face just how excited we are about Gobbler football. Most of all, let's show our Gobbler Football team how excited we are about them!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Nursebetty
09-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, i kinda feel the same way. I cheer loud and I cheer alot and sometimes i feel like i'm the only one in the area that i am sitting in that does. We, fans as a whole, really need to step it up for our boys!

gobblergrangran
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
If all our fans had the same noise maker and used them at the same time- we really could make a nois.

KingRob
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm yelling as loud as I can, but I guess ya'll can't hear me since I'm way over here in Germany! I do walk around the house whistling the Gobbler fight song!:D

gobblergrangran
09-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Rob- I know how you feel and I ptomise you that each game I go to I wilol clap my hands-yell and scream at least once for king Rob. Iwas stationed in Germany and its beautiful country.Best of Luck.

KingRob
09-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by gobblergrangran
Rob- I know how you feel and I ptomise you that each game I go to I wilol clap my hands-yell and scream at least once for king Rob. Iwas stationed in Germany and its beautiful country.Best of Luck.

Danke Schoen, and that's one heck of a qtrback/grandson you got there! We had the Landstuhl City Fest last weekend. I wore my white CUERO GOBBLERS hat that Lorey sent me. You would be surprised at how many Americans/Texans came up to me and told me they knew about the Gobblers.

Oh my God, the Gobblers are now known around the world!:1omg!:

popcorn screen
09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Gobble, Gobble:clap: nice win

TAMUGRAD
09-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Boomer you have not been off the field that long. Nothing is different this year. I don't know why but the fans don't seem to really get into it until district. Heck some people don't even show up until the playoffs. I think it's called complacency.

TAMUGRAD
09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh, I forgot to say that I agree with you. When our boys are on defense and in those 3rd and 4th down situations we need to be on our feet. I just meant that I have a cheerleader and I sit close to Herb when we are at home, they try to get the fans involved but they are not always responsive.

headhunter
09-21-2008, 07:15 PM
the cheerleaders only need two cheers in close games. Go!! (offense) and Defense!

gobblergrangran
09-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi TAMU grad- I remember when a long time ago our old stadiums were solid wood. Our fans in Sherman, Tx. would all sit down and stomp their feet at the same time. Let me tell you ,our team could head it even with helmets. We had a ton of team spirit for our Bearcats but I have never seen any school that can compare to Cuero. Our son Alan was quarterback for the gobblers in 73 and 74. Those were great years.
Now, I hope that Tyler and Hanna can enjoy this time as much as I did way back when. Thank you so much for your kind words, Tyler is our pride and joy- I used to out arm wrestle him but not anymore
Thanks again
Glynn @ Wanda

TAMUGRAD
09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
the cheerleaders only need two cheers in close games. Go!! (offense) and Defense!

I agree and I'm a cheermom.

Boomer
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I know the cheerleaders try! I see them. I think everybody is so used to Cuero winning that they expect it all the time. After the game against China Spring, I heard so many people talk and complain about the coaches and some of the players. I wish those people would put that same energy into cheering for the Gobblers.

Port Lavaca in the last 3 years finally are winning. Their fans really get into it, they get loud and they are excited. This is the first time they have won in football since the 60's. I only wish Cuero fans would get that excited and loud.

Cuero is blessed to have a booster club like we have! Don't get me wrong, Cuero has the best fans anywhere, we just need to prove why!

JT44
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
It's still eary in the season, the BC game will get more people excited now. The attendance will pick up now and the crowd will be there in the playoffs.