PDA

View Full Version : Region II Gotw: Celina (3-1) vs. (4A) Whitehouse (3-1)

cats 2008
09-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Who wins?

rockdale80
09-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Not Celina.

3afan
09-20-2008, 11:57 AM
this will be a great game ...

stadium seats 7K per TxBob http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=509

Emerson1
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I think it might be SRO

BobcatBenny
09-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Not Celina.
So if you were the line maker in Vegas, how many points are you giving Celina?

Emerson1
09-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
+3

gobbler grad
09-20-2008, 12:37 PM
i'm taking the underdog on this one...:thinking:

Celina makes it 2 ina row...:taunt:

bobcat1
09-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I gotta go with Celina. I think D'Field did Celina a big favor.

rockdale80
09-20-2008, 12:56 PM

I have nothing against Celina, I just like Whitehouse. I went to go see them play several times when I lived in Nacogdoches. I think they are a better team, but you never know. Celina most certainly has the firepower to win, but I think Whitehouse will take this one by 14. Of course, this is just my opinion. :)

BobcatBenny
09-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I have nothing against Celina, I just like Whitehouse. I went to go see them play several times when I lived in Nacogdoches. I think they are a better team, but you never know. Celina most certainly has the firepower to win, but I think Whitehouse will take this one by 14. Of course, this is just my opinion. :)
Give me the +14!

Hey, didn't think you had anything against Celina. At least you stepped up and gave me a line. I personally think Celina wins, but it is not a given. Just like I thought with Daingerfield.

At least you didn't cough up a lame old and gutless +3. Who did Emerson think Celina was playing? Liberty Hill? :doh:

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Celina +10

MN95
09-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Noticed that WH gave up 229 yards rushing last night. I believe their opponent had 4 TO's in WH territory.

As always, I expect a tough game. I would hope our rushing attack can keep WH's offense off the field, and with a few D stops, give us another win. We were much better last night than a week ago, and I think we will continue to see this team improve. Win or lose at WH, I expect us to be in the mix in December.

gatordaze
09-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Noticed that WH gave up 229 yards rushing last night. I believe their opponent had 4 TO's in WH territory.

As always, I expect a tough game. I would hope our rushing attack can keep WH's offense off the field, and with a few D stops, give us another win. We were much better last night than a week ago, and I think we will continue to see this team improve. Win or lose at WH, I expect us to be in the mix in December.

Senior running back Troy McCartney had a career night with 361 combined yards and three touchdowns as Class 3A No. 9-ranked Celina pulled away from 4A Fort Worth Arlington Heights in the second half for a 41-13 win on Friday night at Bobcat Field.

McCartney, taking a feature-back role in place of injured classmate Charley Waldrep, finished with 268 yards and two scores on 29 carries and added 93 yards and a touchdown on four receptions from Cody Worrell. Worrell was 9-of-15 for 157 yards and two touchdowns.

Better hope that rushing defense is their strength! Charley wants to play Friday!

75009Football
09-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Forget the points, I think I'll have the TO's instead.

charlesrixey
09-20-2008, 07:05 PM
whitehouse is ranked just above stephenville in the Massey Ratings

there's also some very good matchups with the paris teams vs the texarkana teams, but this one i think will be a doozy

Red Oak put up a good fight against Whitehouse last week, 17-10

Celina won over FW Arlington Heights 41-13

**i will not post a poll, so that way the discussion/poll that already exists can be merged into this one, if possible**

Note: whitehouse's record reflects a forfeit by Garland Naaman Forest (5A) which i believe had an ineligible player in their week zero matchup

3afan
09-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Give me the +14!

Hey, didn't think you had anything against Celina. At least you stepped up and gave me a line. I personally think Celina wins, but it is not a given. Just like I thought with Daingerfield.

At least you didn't cough up a lame old and gutless +3. Who did Emerson think Celina was playing? Liberty Hill? :doh:

whats "lame old and gutless" about a +3 spread ??? :confused:

it means he thinks Whitehouse will win a close game ..... he answered your question

BobcatBenny
09-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
whats "lame old and gutless" about a +3 spread ??? :confused:

it means he thinks Whitehouse will win a close game ..... he answered your question
Just goofing with him. +3 was what Celina needed against LH in 2006.

Gutless might have been a little sharp. :(

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Just goofing with him. +3 was what Celina needed against LH in 2006. :doh: :doh: Good grief. When is it time to move on?

BobcatBenny
09-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: Good grief. When is it time to move on?
I love it when a plan comes together.

I thought that might reel mom in. :D

Wouldn't you think it might take a little more than 1 loss to put that memory behind a Celina fan? I think you might have just caused the stars to align for Celina. :thinking:

charlesrixey
09-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
whitehouse is ranked just above stephenville in the Massey Ratings

there's also some very good matchups with the paris teams vs the texarkana teams, but this one i think will be a doozy

Red Oak put up a good fight against Whitehouse last week, 17-10

Celina won over FW Arlington Heights 41-13

**i will not post a poll, so that way the discussion/poll that already exists can be merged into this one, if possible**

Note: whitehouse's record reflects a forfeit by Garland Naaman Forest (5A) which i believe had an ineligible player in their week zero matchup

thanks!

Matthew328
09-21-2008, 09:35 PM
This is going to be shootout, Whitehouse has a very disciplined short passing game and tremendous QB to trigger the attack. He doesn't make mistakes and won't beat himself. I think Whitehouse will move the ball well on Celina. WHS doesn't have the speed that you would equate with most East Texas teams though.

Celina will move the ball very well against a very suspect Whitehouse defense. I dont think the Wildcats have enough upfront to slow the Bobcats.

I think Whitehouse wins a very close one that will be within a touchdown.

orange machine
09-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I think if we dont give up the big plays we will be just fine.

injuredinmelee
09-21-2008, 10:53 PM
wow i cant believe all the people picking Whitehouse in this one. I think Celina blast them out of their own stadium. Enjoy the traffic getting in and out of that place and watch for the speed traps in Whitehouse. They are very zealous in their duties.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I think the Daingerfield game was somewhat of a "fluke".

Celina by 30+:D :D :D

Snydertigersrul
09-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I think the Daingerfield game was somewhat of a "fluke".

Celina by 30+:D :D :D

You got to be kidding. Do you even know where Whitehouse is?

mwynn05
09-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
This is going to be shootout, Whitehouse has a very disciplined short passing game and tremendous QB to trigger the attack. He doesn't make mistakes and won't beat himself. I think Whitehouse will move the ball well on Celina. WHS doesn't have the speed that you would equate with most East Texas teams though.

Celina will move the ball very well against a very suspect Whitehouse defense. I dont think the Wildcats have enough upfront to slow the Bobcats.

I think Whitehouse wins a very close one that will be within a touchdown. thats because whitehouse is you guessed it a bunch of white boys haha

jason
09-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
thats because whitehouse is you guessed it a bunch of white boys haha haha....and im sure celina is full of ethnicity.......

:nerd: :nerd:

Gsquared
09-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Im pulling for Celina but picking Whitehouse by 9.

kaorder1999
09-22-2008, 09:01 AM
i dont really care who wins it but I think Whitehouse wins

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I've never even heard of Whitehouse, but I hope Celina beats their face in:clap:

CelinaProud
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Funny thing happened on the way to the game.....smoaky has it's own poll going and Whitehouse is favored there as much as Celina is on here. Who knows what will happen. I guess it goes to show you, it's just one man's (woman's) opinion!:)

What I do know is our boys will give their whole hearts on the field and I suspect Whitehouse will do the same. Whitehouse has been touting this game since July of this year and so I expect they will come ready to their field. I know our boys will as well.

Dangerfield showed us what East Texas football could be and I think it was a valuable lesson to learn. We need to tighten up on the penalties and work on accuracy at the QB level but our D looks good and you know....we have been missing two excellent players and I believe they're both back in the game this week, so that can't hurt.

I say Celina by 14, both TD's scored in the 4th.

c bobcats run
09-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by jason
haha....and im sure celina is full of ethnicity.......

:nerd: :nerd:

We do have a few ethnicities!

tigerchick_2013
09-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I've never even heard of Whitehouse, but I hope Celina beats their face in:clap:

fyi, it's next door to Tyler, TX and they usually have a pretty good team.
:cool:

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
fyi, it's next door to Tyler, TX and they usually have a pretty good team.

usually..no.last couple of years..yes

before last year theur last winning season was 2001..before that 1997..before that 1991..before that 1981

but they brought in a good coach and he has built them from the ground up

trojan37
09-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow i cant believe all the people picking Whitehouse in this one. I think Celina blast them out of their own stadium. Enjoy the traffic getting in and out of that place and watch for the speed traps in Whitehouse. They are very zealous in their duties.

Their qb only has 951 yds. passing already. I would be picking them as well.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Not sure why u think WH will be an easy win

WH lead a top 15 5A team in the state at half before basically getting grinded down by depth

They trailed SS a top 15 team in the state in 4A 35-27 going into 4th Q before two big SS plays broke the game open( WH beat them twice last year)

Can Celina win..of course...but this is in NO WAY a walk over game for either team and IMO if one team were to win by more than 14 points I would say WH before Celina

trojan37
09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Here's some of Whitehouse QB Brady Attaway's highlights.

Brady Attaway (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvFH1uL6tHU)

BobcatBenny
09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

Well I guess Celina can write this game off. ;)

Pick6
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I think that the Whitehouse at Valley Ranch had more action than what will be on display Friday night. :D

firstdown
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
What day and time is the game?

CHS_89
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Sept. 26 @ Whitehouse 7:30

Pick6
09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Sept. 26 @ Whitehouse 7:30

How long of a drive is it?

firstdown
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
How long of a drive is it?

144 miles from Celina thats about 3 hours. Just Southeast of Tyler

Pick6
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
144 miles from Celina thats about 3 hours. Just Southeast of Tyler

I hope no one's waiting on me then.

Twirling Time
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM

More like defensive lowlights. Sure he put the ball on the money a couple of times but some of that coverage made me cringe.

bevodidit
09-22-2008, 05:01 PM
How many Celina folks are coming to the game? I heard 1,000
on another board. If you are planning on eating-eat in Tyler-ain't much other than a Sonic in Whitehouse.

Whitehouse is way south off of I-20. Its gonna take you another 45 minutes once you get off the highway to get to the stadium.
Make sure you give yourself plenty of time if you want to see the opening kickoff.

charlesrixey
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bevodidit
How many Celina folks are coming to the game? I heard 1,000
on another board. If you are planning on eating-eat in Tyler-ain't much other than a Sonic in Whitehouse.

Whitehouse is way south off of I-20. Its gonna take you another 45 minutes once you get off the highway to get to the stadium.
Make sure you give yourself plenty of time if you want to see the opening kickoff.

as a native whitehousian (you may be the first on here) what are your thoughts on this game?

and also, congratulations on your first post

cats 2008
09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
will charley play this week?If he dose i think celina wins.

orange machine
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Dont think Charlie will be back, but Jose Romero should back and that will be a big help.

cats 2008
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Do we have a real chance to win this game?Any news around town on this one?

orange machine
09-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Sure we do. Our boys will have to limit turnovers and penalties and the defensive line has to get pressure on there qb or we will have lots of trouble. If we play mistake free and solid defense we have a very good chance.

bobcat1
09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I didn't see any of those teams in the video dressed in orange. What were the d-linmen waiting on, an invitation?. I like spread teams. He looks like a great QB for sure and those guys can catch it too! He only needs 3-4 seconds it looks like to find a target. Could be a long night for someone. :D

orange machine
09-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Attaway is a good qb,but those dlines were SLOW and getting no pressure on him.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Attaway is a good qb,but those dlines were SLOW and getting no pressure on him.

yep..every 4A DL is slow, you nailed it

Matthew328
09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Whitehouse has gone toe to toe with some good teams, they went 3 deep in 4A two years ago and two deep last year. Celina might win this one but it'll be a battle.

orange machine
09-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I did nail it those lines were very slow. For your information you should read my comment a little closer i never said every 4a DL.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 11:05 PM
I did nail it those lines were very slow. For your information you should read my comment a little closer i never said every 4a DL.

Sure those lines were slow

JR2004
09-22-2008, 11:36 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bevodidit
09-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
as a native whitehousian (you may be the first on here) what are your thoughts on this game?

and also, congratulations on your first post

Thanks.

WH 31
Celina 20

Celina will move the ball some, but not score enough. That's just what I think. Should be a very good game. The WH defense is not as bad as some people think. They have played some very good teams so far. Only 2 seniors on defense.

I_DONT_CARE
09-23-2008, 06:19 AM

HE LOOKS PRETTY GOOOOOD! WHITEHOUSE WINS

CHS_89
09-23-2008, 08:30 AM
I think we have some work to do defending against the Whitehouse spread. They throw a lot and run to keep you honest. Attaway is a good QB and in that highlight film, the line was able to keep the D out of the backfield, slow or not.

2 things: 1) No question we have to get in the backfield and pressure the QB. If not, our secondary will be in for a long night 2) Our running game has to sustain long scoring drives with no mistakes to keep the WH offense off the field.

I predict a high scoring game. Whitehouse will score their points on our defense and I don't think their defense is as suspect as some think. Look at who they have played and the stats from those games. Also, they have 4a depth, which should not be overlooked.

This is a tough game for Celina and I hope they pull it out in the end. Good luck to both teams!

cats 2008
09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
celina-42 wh-17

waterboy
09-23-2008, 11:40 AM
If Celina can play good pass defense, don't turn the ball over, and keep the ball away from Whitehouse's offense by keeping possession and finishing their drives with points, they have a chance. If they falter on any of these 3 keys to the game, they will likely have a long night. The Wildcats are a 4A playoff team that will give the Bobcats all they can handle, and more if they don't execute. I say it will be a close game with the Wildcats winning in the 4th quarter by 6. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

lostaussie
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
i might put on me some orange and come check this one out. God knows I won't get a seat at the Daingerfield game. Celina is 0-3 when I am in attendance. I think they can break that string if I show up:D

bevodidit
09-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Celina is 0-3 when I am in attendance.

Please come-its not a far drive from Gilmer! I'll pass the hat to pay for your gas!

easttexas3a
09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I like whitehouse in this game. As for the same reasons many have said, Attaway is good, they have a good o-line, they won't beat themselves. Celina even though some will say the daingerfield loss is a fluke, they still lost to them, and Whitehouse is not daingerfield by any stretch of the imagination that those daingerfield fans may have. Celina will keep it close though.

Whitehouse 35
Celina 28

75009Football
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM

The highlight reel does show him to complete lots of passes but lets break down the clip a little. Only viewed part 1 but here goes.

There were 46 plays where the D-line sent 4 or less to put pressure on the QB. On 23 of those there were only 3 Dline pressuring the QB!

There were 5 more plays on the video. Two plays they sent 5, two plays they sent 6, and the one run he made they sent the house and he got outside.

No doubt if you give him time and dont hit him, he will cause problems for most teams. I really dont think Celina will drop 8 into coverage even one time the whole night. He is going to have to fight for every completion. He will get a few for big yardage, seems to happen to Celina 2-3 times a game against a good passer. After that, the passing just fizzles out cause there is too much pressure each and every time. It just wears the Oline out trying to keep up with the pressure. Maybe the 4A depth will help with that.

Show me his highlight reel when there are 6-8 hounding him for 4 straight quarters. That will give you a better indication of how it will play out this Friday.

Going to be a great game. Cant wait. Everybody travel safe.

75009Football
09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I like whitehouse in this game. As for the same reasons many have said, Attaway is good, they have a good o-line, they won't beat themselves. Celina even though some will say the daingerfield loss is a fluke, they still lost to them, and Whitehouse is not daingerfield by any stretch of the imagination that those daingerfield fans may have. Celina will keep it close though.

Whitehouse 35
Celina 28

Probably a good score, just not sure which will have the 35 though.

Dont underestimate DF, not yet. Yes, Celina did lose, but if somehow Celina comes out with the 35 and WH 28, DF fans will come running letting you know they beat the team that just beat you. You then get to explain out you would beat a lowly old 2A team.

Good luck to both.

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 01:34 PM
If Celina's defensive line, secondary, offensive line, wide receivers, and quarterback step up it should be a good game!

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
Show me his highlight reel when there are 6-8 hounding him for 4 straight quarters. That will give you a better indication of how it will play out this Friday.

Going to be a great game. Cant wait. Everybody travel safe.

uhhh if Celina rushes 8 and tries to cover 4-5 WR with 3 guys, I dont care how quick they get to him he will throw 5 yard patterns and watch them turn into 45 yard catch and runs

CHS_89
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
The 10-1 strategy is man on the receivers, play tight and bump the receivers at the LOS. Disrupt the pass route enough to allow the guys that are shooting the gaps time to get to the QB. Very high risk, but high reward, plus very flexible. The only free person is either the MLB or FS. I've seen it work great, then I've seen it work against us. We won't get the QB every time, but there WILL be pressure on him every snap.

If Whitehouse figures out how to block it, we are in for a long night. As always, good luck to both teams.

orange machine
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I think and hope Celina wins, but some of you folks are crazy thinking we are gonna beat them by 2 or 3 td's. This game will be close , i hope our offense can sustain long scoring drives and our defesne can get pressure on Attaway.

waterboy
09-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
Probably a good score, just not sure which will have the 35 though.

Dont underestimate DF, not yet. Yes, Celina did lose, but if somehow Celina comes out with the 35 and WH 28, DF fans will come running letting you know they beat the team that just beat you. You then get to explain out you would beat a lowly old 2A team.

Good luck to both.
Honestly, I don't think the Buckeyes can, or ever will, underestimate Daingerfield. Daingerfield could very well beat us if we don't execute better. This game is one of those rivalry games that needs no extra motivation. Just knowing it's Daingerfield should be motivation enough.:thumbsup:

As far as Celina beating Whitehouse, that's a different animal altogether. If the Bobcats execute their game plan and hang onto the ball and defend the pass, they will be able to compete with 'em. If they turn the ball over 3 or 4 times they'll be in trouble any way you look at it and will likely lose big. Good luck to the Bobcats!

bobcat1
09-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Honestly, I don't think the Buckeyes can, or ever will, underestimate Daingerfield. Daingerfield could very well beat us if we don't execute better. This game is one of those rivalry games that needs no extra motivation. Just knowing it's Daingerfield should be motivation enough.:thumbsup:

As far as Celina beating Whitehouse, that's a different animal altogether. If the Bobcats execute their game plan and hang onto the ball and defend the pass, they will be able to compete with 'em. If they turn the ball over 3 or 4 times they'll be in trouble any way you look at it and will likely lose big. Good luck to the Bobcats!

I agree completely with your thoughts. We have to have perfect execution along with a perfect game plan to beat this 4A Playoff contender.

Dagerfield will not catch the Gilmer players by surprise as they did the Bobcat players. Our coaching staff was not surprised. You just can't convince teenagers that a smaller school could whip that hinny. They did the first half and as an end result the whole game. It takes 4 quarters to win the game Buckeyes and will for the Bobcats this week. Best of luck to the Buckeyes and the Bobcats this week. :clap: :clap: :clap:

charlesrixey
09-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i might put on me some orange and come check this one out. God knows I won't get a seat at the Daingerfield game. Celina is 0-3 when I am in attendance. I think they can break that string if I show up:D

Gilmer, Daingerfield x2?

:devil: :mad:

you, trying to get the best of me, go away!

Fletch
09-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I think and hope Celina wins, but some of you folks are crazy thinking we are gonna beat them by 2 or 3 td's. This game will be close , i hope our offense can sustain long scoring drives and our defesne can get pressure on Attaway.

I agree, without Waldrep to pound out the first downs Celina will have to play near flawless ball and the passing game will have to improve. Hopefully Romero will give them another good receiver to go to. Bottom line: hope McCartney stays healthy.

Go Cats!

charlesrixey
09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Fletch
I agree, without Waldrep to pound out the first downs Celina will have to play near flawless ball and the passing game will have to improve. Hopefully Romero will give them another good receiver to go to. Bottom line: hope McCartney stays healthy.

Go Cats!

romero can also pound the ground a little bit if needed

BobcatBenny
09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/GreatOrange.jpg

bevodidit
09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
That is the worst periodontal disease I have ever seen!

Try to mix in some flossing Benny.

CHS_89
09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
#22 was practicing witht the first team O yesterday at practice. #27 was there as well as #1. This will be a good game.

charlesrixey
09-24-2008, 01:34 PM
#22 was practicing witht the first team O yesterday at practice. #27 was there as well as #1. This will be a good game.

YAY!

hopefully they will all be playing with the first team O on Friday!

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2008, 01:38 PM

That would be nice. If it was me I would keep Charlie out. I want to win like the next guy but we need to win down the road not now. Course I am assuming that Charlie is not well. If he is then play him.

Fletch
09-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
That would be nice. If it was me I would keep Charlie out. I want to win like the next guy but we need to win down the road not now. Course I am assuming that Charlie is not well. If he is then play him.

I agree. they don't NEED to win this game, and if he re-injures it they will have made a big mistake. It is not worth it, unless he is 100% healthy.

75009Football
09-24-2008, 01:46 PM
uhhh if Celina rushes 8 and tries to cover 4-5 WR with 3 guys, I dont care how quick they get to him he will throw 5 yard patterns and watch them turn into 45 yard catch and runs

uhhh, just said they will hound him, not all in the backfield at the same time though. When was the last time Celina dropped 8 into coverage? I cant remember except maybe against China trying to protect against their last attempts.

Most of the WH highlights had only 3 or 4 rushing and the rest dropping back into coverage or standing flat-footed on the line watching. As I stated before, I would like to see what he does under pressure because there was little in the video.

No other QB has been able to mount continued drives against Celina. A few big plays and the occasional TD yes, but not continued success. This even applies to a good running attack. They will break a few but they cant sustain drives the whole game.

If Celina does not come prepared to leave it on the field, they will be in for a bad night.

LHPfactory
09-25-2008, 08:32 AM

I give Celina 21+ over Whitehouse.......I believe that slap from Dangerfield has them back in focus.

bevodidit
09-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I expect Celina will thump the WH fresh. I heard nobody has scored on the Celina JV? I think the WH JV will score- but they do have problems on defense.

If anybody goes please post the scores!

CelinaProud
09-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Well I'm going but know this...the only thumping I expect is my tires is on the road too and fro.

Never underestimate your opponent and I certainly am not. I have heard and read great things about WH and I believe at least half of them, and that's enough to make us work it. But I do think we'll win by a couple of TD's late in the game. The boys have been working their butts off this week and they're going to be ready:)

Now if I didn't say that...you know my orange kool aid pass would be revoked and I love that STUFF!!!!!

spotbilt
09-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Didn't they move up two of Celina's best players of the JV last week? And both Freshman at that !

kenco13
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know if this game will be on the net ? Thanks, Kenco13

kepdawg
09-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by kenco13
Does anyone know if this game will be on the net ? Thanks, Kenco13

I think so. Check with Txbroadcaster!

CelinaProud
09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by spotbilt
Didn't they move up two of Celina's best players of the JV last week? And both Freshman at that !

that's the rumor

kenco13
09-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I think so. Check with Txbroadcaster!

Thanks Kep, you the man!

charlesrixey
09-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by kenco13
Thanks Kep, you the man!

good to see you here, kenco!

:)

spotbilt
09-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
that's the rumor

No rumor only the facts .........

CelinaProud
09-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by spotbilt
No rumor only the facts .........

Well then that's the fact...at left tackle and left half, back up

cats 2008
09-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Man i want the cats to win but i see whitehouse winning easy.42-20

wildcatpride
09-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Nothing easy about it for either team. Too many unknowns. Celina could come out and run the Single Wing ala Miami vs NE. Daingerfield's win shows why you can't underestimate anyone based on their classification. All y'all in the Orange convoy be safe on the drive down. Hope y'all bring a crowd. Naaman Forest, SS, and Red Oak crowds have been disappointing.

CelinaProud
09-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by wildcatpride
Nothing easy about it for either team. Too many unknowns. Celina could come out and run the Single Wing ala Miami vs NE. Daingerfield's win shows why you can't underestimate anyone based on their classification. All y'all in the Orange convoy be safe on the drive down. Hope y'all bring a crowd. Naaman Forest, SS, and Red Oak crowds have been disappointing.

Thanks for the awesome post! We'll be there and I agree...nothing easy...but it's the games like this that eliminate the cupcake talk, so let's DO IT!

Win and Lose both teams have my respect!

CHS_89
09-26-2008, 09:02 AM
TXbroadcaster gave me the link last night but I lost it. Can someone post it again...PLEEZE! Thanks. If it's against forum rules to post it, please PM it to me.

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2008, 09:07 AM
http://www.dfwhssports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=1

CHS_89
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
http://www.dfwhssports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=1

You rock LHPM. Good luck this week!

wildcatpride
09-26-2008, 09:29 AM
I wasn't sweating the game until Bigorange posted "We run everything." over on SDC

CHS_89
09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
I wasn't sweating the game until Bigorange posted "We run everything." over on SDC

You will see a bunch of #27 and #22 (if he plays) on offense. I'm not so sure you will see that many formations, but may see the full house and Wing-T. #45 is our defensive star at MLB. Good luck to all!

kepdawg
09-26-2008, 10:57 AM
8 of 9 DMN guys pick Celina

Whooops...should be 7 of 8!

charlesrixey
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
8 of 9 DMN guys pick Celina

oh kep,

you rascal!

i thought we covered this last week?:p

cats 2008
09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Theres no way celina beats wh tonight.

BobcatBenny
09-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by cats 2008
Theres no way celina beats wh tonight.
What about if, Attaway gets a bad case of the cramps and ends up all constipated because he can't pass a ball?

Have you ever tried to pass a ball?

I'm here to tell you it is painful. :weeping:

cats 2008
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
LOL i wish but this will be a long night for the bobcats.:(

BobcatBenny
09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
LOL i wish but this will be a long night for the bobcats.:(
Hey, I sat through the Gilmer game in 2003. Then the Crawford game in 2004. Both of those were much harder pills to swallow.

I think Celina gets one tonight if they do not turn the ball over.

That one turnover against CS last year on the opening series was a hard one to overcome. Then four(?) against DF.

I am going to enjoy the game rain or shine. I'm leaning towards shine.

lostaussie
09-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm planning on being there..............so Whitehouse has a chance:D

cats 2008
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
wh will win by 3 tds or more

BILLYFRED0000
09-26-2008, 01:56 PM
wh will win by 3 tds or more

Based on what. Everything I have seen assuming both teams play their average game would indicate a close one. I do not think this will be a blow out unless there are bad mistakes by one or the other team.

MN95
09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I heard WH Head Coach is not allowing our horn or victory line tonight? Any truth to that or just rumor?

CHS_89
09-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by MN95
I heard WH Head Coach is not allowing our horn or victory line tonight? Any truth to that or just rumor?

Gonna take away our band as well? lol. That has to be a rumor. I suppose we can't yell at the game either or wear orange? Who told you that MN?

kepdawg
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Gonna take away our band as well? lol. That has to be a rumor. I suppose we can't yell at the game either or wear orange? Who told you that MN?

I wouldn't be surprised at all. A lot of schools don't allow such things.

CelinaProud
09-26-2008, 02:52 PM
No horn, no victory line per WH head coach

marler1972
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM

I heard that last night at the JV game. I think they shold have taken the horn and put it in the parking lot.

lostaussie
09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
must not want the commoners on the field:D I gonna try to sit on the orange side..........i like orange..............and black:thumbsup;

CHS_89
09-26-2008, 03:31 PM
OK, the celina guys can run through the Celina stands on their way to the field, how bout that? I'd bring the horn anyway just to be rude.

cats 2008
09-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Ive got top secret news.Lots of rushing yards.THE FOOTBALL GOD HAS SPOKEN;) Celina-41 Whitehouse-14

charlesrixey
09-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Ive got top secret news.Lots of rushing yards.THE FOOTBALL GOD HAS SPOKEN;) Celina-41 Whitehouse-14

that's a big switch from your previous prediction

waldrep coming back?

while that would be great, that won't have any effect on the defense

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/welcome2.gif

BILLYFRED0000
09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/welcome2.gif

+1

d0tc0m
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know how to get the webcast to play using a mac? I've tried a few different players and I can't get the broadcast to open up. :rolleyes:

charlesrixey
09-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Does anyone know how to get the webcast to play using a mac? I've tried a few different players and I can't get the broadcast to open up. :rolleyes:

the link may not be active until the stream actually starts

bobcat1
09-26-2008, 07:28 PM
It's on.

d0tc0m
09-26-2008, 07:55 PM
sounds like troy is having his way with them. I'm kinda surprised whitehouse started their 2nd drive with the running game.

75009Football
09-26-2008, 07:59 PM
7 - 3 Celina end of first.

75009Football
09-26-2008, 08:29 PM
9 - 7 WH @ half.

75009Football
09-26-2008, 09:36 PM
22 - 16 Celina w 1:30 left in 3rd.

75009Football
09-26-2008, 09:49 PM
8 mins left. Bobcat int. Still 22-16 Celina.

75009Football
09-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Cats gave it up on downs and WH drove on them and scored. 23-22 WH final.

wildcatpride
09-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Hats off to your players and staff. Very multiple on offense. I was impressed with the 10-1 and the adjustments. One of my friends on the sideline commented that the team was sportsmanlike and well mannered. It was a fun and exciting game to watch. Hope the guys that were injured are going to be OK. See you next year.

bevodidit
09-26-2008, 11:49 PM
All the Whitehouse fans were very impressed by Celina.
That is a very well coached team and they are in excellent condition.

Not hard to see why you have won all those championships.

Good luck the rest of the season and the playoffs!

Next years game @ your place should be great too.

BobcatBenny
09-27-2008, 01:48 AM
I got home looked over the forums. Gave my praise to Whitehouse (on smoaky) because they won. It was a fun game.

Here is my analysis of the game. Just my opinion of course.

SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA.

Is that clear enough?

If not, then it was just one of those games. I suppose.

The offense did not really turn the ball over. Was there a fumble on the first series? If so it cost us the 3 points we needed. :thinking: A few busted plays, but overall not too bad. And ... sometimes I think a punt is called for, but I sort of liked the confidence in the D.

What can you really say about the D? Played a great game. The O left them on the field just a little too much IMO. They were just worn down enough to be run upon in the last 3 minutes.

I am now ready to say that this team is solid. Are they a contender? I think, that hinges on coach Elliot coming to terms with this set of kids in his offense. The D is a solid unit and will be able to play with anyone, even LH. But overall answer to the contender question IMO, still must come from coach Elliot.

I applaud the coaches for not playing #22. He certainly would have been more than +1 on the scoreboard. But ... a one point loss was worth him getting an extra week of recovery. :clap:

P.S. It was good to meet orange machine!

OldNavy
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM

OK, next year WH can't bring their "Band, drill team, baton twirllers and chear teams" to Celna. That's not being mean, we have no place to put them. The WH band is bigger than Celina's High School Student population! Oh, they are good too.

BobcatBenny
09-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
OK, next year WH can't bring their "Band, drill team, baton twirllers and chear teams" to Celna. That's not being mean, we have no place to put them. The WH band is bigger than Celina's High School Student population! Oh, they are good too.
Are you kidding me? Let them come. Our visitors stands are smaller than their band stands. It will be funny seeing all the Whitehouse people standing along the fence because their band has filled the stands.

It will also be funny watching that band try to get on and off the field, since we have no sidelines. they will be forced to enter through a little gate.

Sadistic I know, but it will be one to talk about for the ages. ;)

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Are you kidding me? Let them come. Our visitors stands are smaller than their band stands. It will be funny seeing all the Whitehouse people standing along the fence because their band has filled the stands.

It will also be funny watching that band try to get on and off the field, since we have no sidelines. they will be forced to enter through a little gate.

Sadistic I know, but it will be one to talk about for the ages. ;)

They got rid of the sidelines!?! :confused:

BobcatBenny
09-27-2008, 04:00 PM
They got rid of the sidelines!?! :confused:
OK dork'omatic. :)

You would have to see the size of this 4A school's band. Not Allen sized, but probably 400+ members. Not including the drill team.

Our sidelines simply will not hold them.

They marched closed distance around the track and they were streched more than the 1/4 mile. It was impressive considering the Celina band has around 40 members.

I am telling you this. If Whitehouse brings their entire band next season to Bobcat field, it will be a site to see. Just a visitor stands full of high school band. It will be funny. :D

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 04:03 PM
OK dork'omatic. :)

You would have to see the size of this 4A school's band. Not Allen sized, but probably 400+ members. Not including the drill team.

Our sidelines simply will not hold them.

They marched closed distance around the track and they were streched more than the 1/4 mile. It was impressive considering the Celina band has around 40 members.

I am telling you this. If Whitehouse brings their entire band next season to Bobcat field, it will be a site to see. Just a visitor stands full of high school band. It will be funny. :D

Why didn't you just say that to begin with! I thought maybe Celina was resorting to Arena ball!

BobcatBenny
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Why didn't you just say that to begin with! I thought maybe Celina was resorting to Arena ball!
Hold on, that is an interesting thought. We could squees four more rows of stands in if we just eliminated the sidelines all together.

It would be a Jerry Jones style move, but it really might spice up the game. ;)

wildcatpride
09-27-2008, 04:22 PM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/638.jpg

Texas Bob (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=638) shows capacity at 2800. What is the visitor side capacity?

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Stadium looks nice in that pic!

BobcatBenny
09-27-2008, 07:05 PM

Texas Bob (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=638) shows capacity at 2800. What is the visitor side capacity?
I'm not really sure, but band space takes much more than packing people in.

If you look at the picture you will see our band stands in the lower right corner of the field. It holds 30-40 band members max.

So maybe you can sort of guestimate the visitors side. I would have to guess 600 myself for the visitors side. :eek:

Most of the Celina fans stand in the north end zone area (upper left corner of the picture) socialize and watch the game.

coachkiss
09-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Not pictured is my personal stand in the south end zone. Seats 2, but it gets me a chance to sit when I want and still see the game.

BobcatBenny
09-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Maybe portable stands can be brought in?

But the problem is, there is no such thing as portable parking. :D

garciap77
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Maybe portable stands can be brought in?

But the problem is, there is no such thing as portable parking. :D

Nice stadium, but you need to changed your colors to purple and gold.

:D :D :D

;)

Mike Cluskey
09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Fantastic stadium, incredible facilities, superb people AND they have a British fan club. Go Bobcats

Mike

orange machine
09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Its hard to lose a game and lose one by one point, but i must say im so proud of the Celina Bobcats for the effort friday night. Celina played a very good 4a school that is picked to win there district and make some noise in the playoffs. Except for a few things we played a very solid game. I think the difference in this game came down to the defsense being on the field a play or two to long. To be honest before this game i thought the Bobcats were gonna be in for a short year with a quick look in the playoffs and then done, but what i saw friday night showed me that these Bobcats have started off slower than others in the past few years, but they are coming on strong now and are ready to starting to click together. Friday nights game could have went either way and it went the way of WH. We have a off week this week and its needed to get healed up. Charlie will be back for our next game in time for the big push to the post season. The Bobcats i would say are hitting on all 8 cylinders now and thats bad for other teams. At this point i see no reason why our Bobcats this year cant make it #9. Yes they have grown that much in just a few weeks.

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Celina played a very good 4a school that is picked to win there district and make some noise in the playoffs.

Funny how the tune changes about Whitehouse AFTER the game

but ur right I think Celina will get things rolling and be ok...not sure they have the talent to win state, but I think they can make a run

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Massey is pretty good
http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=ratings&schoolid=TX7579114842&spt=-1&lvl=-1&division=-1&year=2008

Predicted the 1 point victor

orange machine
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Funny how the tune changes about Whitehouse AFTER the game

but ur right I think Celina will get things rolling and be ok...not sure they have the talent to win state, but I think they can make a run

I was worried about this years team, but after fridays game i saw and im sure other Bobcat fans saw those boys grow up alot. I think we can make a run for the title if we keep improving.

Fletch
09-28-2008, 08:44 PM
What happened to make you think that the passing game improved?:confused:

orange machine
09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
What happened to make you think that the passing game improved?:confused:

Who you talking to?

BobcatBenny
09-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Mike Cluskey
Fantastic stadium, incredible facilities, superb people AND they have a British fan club. Go Bobcats

Mike
Would Yorkshire be considered East Celina? :D

Twirling Time
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
This is the one game I can remember Coach Ford ever not wanting to play. Ever.

But he needed a game and Whitehouse was the one team that would play. Celina will probably drop out of the Top 10 for losing, but losing by a point on the road to a team that should've just smoked them says a lot.

I'd like to see them play more 4A schools in 2010. It was always fun, back during the streak, to suppose how they'd do in a 4A district even when they were 2A. Because they were destroying all the 3A's. Now they're 3A and raising their game again.

Fletch
09-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Who you talking to?

You. I didn't see the game, but the passing stats still look anemic.