PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Hempstead

Bellville22
10-27-2003, 03:51 PM
The Brahmas travel to Hempstead this Friday night to take on the Bobcats. I don't expect this one to be very close. Hempstead usually has a few good athletes, but just can't seem to put it together. I look for the Bulls to score early and often, and use this week to maybe work on some things for the showdown next week.

Bellville continues to roll, 2nd and 3rd strings gets lots of playing time. For Buenger and a few others, I think their night ends at halftime, The 'Cats put up a few on the backup defense.

Bellville 38
Hempstead 13

Bongo
10-27-2003, 04:09 PM
22, I agree. Sanders should spend some valuable time at QB. Hopefully we can get Goeke some field goal tries On a couple of tries it looked like he was overkicking. We're going to need his leg somewhere down the stretch.

Brahma73
10-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Bellville by a bunch. I think the Bulls will race to 35 or so, and then be really conservative. With the big game with Sealy coming up next week, I would think the starters might stay in a little longer. Don't want them getting flat playing only 2 halves in two weeks. Coach C may let them air it out a bit for the sake of freshness, and I wouldn't blame him. This may be one of those big scores that's really not intended to be a "run up."
Don't see Hempstead moving the ball against the starting D, but good athletes might get something on the board for the 'Cats.
Bellville 51, Hempstead 6

Bull's-eye
10-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Bellville should win this one easily. I think the defense will come up with some treats and the offense will continue to stay sharp with their well-balanced attack.

Bellville 49
Hempstead 7

Bellville22
10-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Where's Former? Anybody heard from this guy lately. I haven't because he's doing a fine job of hiding his identity. He usually starts the Bellville game week topic.

hornsfootball
10-27-2003, 06:54 PM
I don't see the score getting out of hand with this game. The only time that bellville will score in the 50s or high 40s is when they are in a shootout. Also two weeks away from playoffs and one from the DC showdown i don't see any reason to risk injury by "keeping the starters fresh". I'll go along with 22's predictioin

Bongo
10-27-2003, 07:16 PM
I agree with 73 on this one. It's a big number, 50 plus points for Bellville. Starters will play 3 quarters no matter the score.

next generation
10-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Bellville 35-0

BrahmaMom
10-27-2003, 09:28 PM
I'll predict early this week and take Bellville by a lot. The one thing I've said all season is the Brahmas (courtesy of Coach C) have learned to take one game at a time and take each game seriously. Go Bulls!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Hey 22, good to know someone has missed me. Been to busy to post lately, but try to keep up with what is going on here on 3a down low, but never to busy to keep up with the Brahmas! Speaking of the #2 team, untill we get a shot at the #1 team, yes I have a feeling Navasota is going to fall in one of there last two games, to give Bellville that chance to meet up with #1, I could be wrong, but the Cards beat them last year by 24, and even beat them in the pit. I see Columbus playing another good game vs Navasota. More than likely Im wrong on this one but you never know, Its just a felling I have on this one.
Getting back to this game Bellville will score early and often, the back-ups will play most of the 2nd half, I agree on letting the 1st teamers get a little more time in this one but I dont think they will play much in the 2nd half. Hempstead wont score on the 1st teamers, but will score on the 2nd teamers. I also see Bellville scoring 50 in this one, but the 2nd O will score 2 TD's. Geoke will get back on track with a few field goals.
Bellville 55 Hempstead 7

punt
10-28-2003, 10:26 AM
With 2 starting linemen out for the season with knee injuries and the flu bug hitting hard Hempstead will be thinner than their already thin line. They will give their best effort because thats just the kind of kids they are. The rebuilding is slow. Bellville will hopefully not run up the score.