PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure Brownwood will be just fine

WOS87
09-20-2008, 04:57 PM
In response to several threads regarding Brownwood and it's fans.... a little Brownwood history:

Brownwood has always been known historically for scheduling notoriously nightmarish non-district schedules so you would be an utter fool if you write them off after they have started the '08 season with a 1-3 record.

A few facts:

In BOTH 2004 and 2005 Brownwood started off the season 0-4 and made the playoffs BOTH years in 4A

In 2006 they started off the season 2-3 and not only did they make the playoffs, but they advanced all the way to the 4A DII Quarterfinals.

Just a little perspective.

And by the way, I feel your pain Lions...

WO-S started their inaugural season competing in 3A in 2004 Ranked #1 and started THAT season 1-2 losing to the #2 team in 4A-Bay City and the #2 team in 3A-Jasper (most people forget those little details).

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM
how many seniors are on the team? What do the subvarsity's look like?

LHexPlayer
09-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Brownwood is a very good team. They will be fine for sure. When you watch them you can't believe that their record is 1-3. They are much better than that record indicates. I wouldn't be shocked if they went D1 playoffs and won the thing. They are that good.

BEAST
09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Here in the Wood we are not worried. We played LH to the wall and had half the oline playing a Varsity game for the first time. Also there are 8 sophs either starting or getting significant pt. We will be around when the dust settles. In 02 we were 6-4 and wound up the state semis in 4A. We will be fine. Our coaches have never really gave a damn about the record. We have a saying and its "money games". We havent got to those yet.

BEAST

BEAST
09-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Brownwood is a very good team. They will be fine for sure. When you watch them you can't believe that their record is 1-3. They are much better than that record indicates. I wouldn't be shocked if they went D1 playoffs and won the thing. They are that good.

Wylie will go D1 out of our district. We will get to see each other again.

BEAST

BEAST
09-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
how many seniors are on the team? What do the subvarsity's look like?

Both the Fresh A and JV A put it on LH big time. We got loads coming up. Glad you are interested Blue.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
09-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Wylie will go D1 out of our district. We will get to see each other again.

BEAST

Oh that's right. Well honestly, taking my homer hat off, I wouldn't be shocked if you go DII and win the whole thing. It would be another battle I'm sure. Don't think either team would lay down for the other. We might go DI though. Our district is up in the air big time right now. I'll be pulling for you guys to win your district. You guys were class act all the way around.

BEAST
09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh that's right. Well honestly, taking my homer hat off, I wouldn't be shocked if you go DII and win the whole thing. It would be another battle I'm sure. Don't think either team would lay down for the other. We might go DI though. Our district is up in the air big time right now. I'll be pulling for you guys to win your district. You guys were class act all the way around.

Back at ya. I honestly hope yall go D2. If we win it our team wants to play and beat Celina and LH. No disrespect but to be the best you gotta beat the best.

BEAST

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Both the Fresh A and JV A put it on LH big time. We got loads coming up. Glad you are interested Blue.

BEAST I heard yall have a freshmen kid who could be the next big thing

BEAST
09-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I heard yall have a freshmen kid who could be the next big thing

Yep. Long line of his family at running back. He could play for the varsity right now. Wouldnt be surprised if he gets pulled up later in the season.

BEAST

espn1
09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
LH doesn't want to meet B'wood again! It won't be to their liking!

Rocket
09-20-2008, 10:45 PM
WOS87...This is what I have been trying to tell these people since Day 1, but they put way too much stock in records. In Brownwood, the season is not over until there are no more games to be played, not Week 3 after 3 losses.

Boomer
09-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
WOS87...This is what I have been trying to tell these people since Day 1, but they put way too much stock in records. In Brownwood, the season is not over until there are no more games to be played, not Week 3 after 3 losses.

Yall played a great game Rocket! I didn't watch it, only read about it. BW made it a closer game than i thought. The only way to beat LH is to out score them. There offense is hard to stop. I must say I was impressed with what i read!

Trashman
09-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Once the money games start we will be fine. How far we go in the playoffs will depend on our defense.

Footballhudini
09-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I bet daingerfield could've stopped LH
..in 1983. lol

wimbo_pro
09-21-2008, 10:30 AM

I keep telling you LHex...you are going DII...now stop saying that!!!

boba fett
09-21-2008, 10:40 AM
It's not where you start, but where you finish!

Rocket
09-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by boba fett
It's not where you start, but where you finish!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He gets it...

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Once the money games start we will be fine. How far we go in the playoffs will depend on our defense.

This is what I don't get!

You just said how far you go in the playoffs depends on your defense....and I hear "offense wins games, defense wins championships".

Then....I read that Brownwood's offense scored more than LH's, making it sound like the job the defense did was a non issue!

Which one is it??

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Why because they put up 50 on your LH Defense?

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Why because they put up 50 on your LH Defense? :doh: :doh:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Nope not at all! Heck, Burnet beat us 63-30something 3 years ago (I think) and they had nowhere near the overall talent that Brownwood has.

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Nope not at all! Heck, Burnet beat us 63-30something 3 years ago (I think) and they had nowhere near the overall talent that Brownwood has.

ahh I wasnt talkin to you!:tongue:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 04:16 PM
ahh I wasnt talkin to you!:tongue:
:kiss: :kiss: :p

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
:kiss: :kiss: :p

Im still right.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Im still right.
I could tell you the same thing I told 325. :D

Be sure and let us know how that turns out for ya! :D

Rocket
09-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Wow, looks like somebody over there is kind of confident after beating powerhouse Clyde. You might want to SHUT UP and respect your elders.

:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Wow, looks like somebody over there is kind of confident after beating powerhouse Clyde.

Dude....that was "average" Clyde. Keep up, here. :p

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow, looks like somebody over there is kind of confident after beating powerhouse Clyde.

How did you bring Sweetwater into this?

Rocket
09-21-2008, 04:26 PM
OK, here is an example for you, RM. Do you think the Dallas Cowboys can win it all? They just got done with a shootout against the eagles, the same type of game. Dallas is supposed to have one of the best defenses in the NFL. The simple fact is this, when you get 2 Offenses that can execute, then defenses are always at a disadvantage. The offense knows what's coming, the defense doesn't. Now again, this is all about execution and having talent that can get 'er done.

This doesn't apply to teams like Sweetwater. I am talking about powerhouse offenses packed with talent. Again, i.e. Cowboys vs. Eagles

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
How did you bring Sweetwater into this? Maybe because you are from Sweetwater! :doh:

Traitor. Giving up "your" team to ride on Wylie's jock strap. :tisk: You & sweetwater07 .... tragic! :tongue:

:D

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM

Nope not at all. We beat Monahans and the word was Monahans
must not be as good as everyone thought. Same will be said
after our win over Clyde (see your post ^above^). We have
a chance this week to make people say the same thing about
Big Spring. That's it no more no less.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 04:28 PM

You are sitting at the grown-up table right now, son. You are starting trouble and we are about to put you next to your 2 year old cousin and your 4 year old brother at the kiddie table if you don't shut your yapper.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Maybe because you are from Sweetwater! :doh:

Traitor. Giving up "your" team to ride on Wylie's jock strap. :tisk: You & sweetwater07 .... tragic! :tongue:

:D
I think they learned from Go Blue. :eek: :eek: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM

Because he likes your avatar and signature. The only thing he
had left was to take a shot at your home town team.:doh:

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
You are sitting at the grown-up table right now, son. You are starting trouble and we are about to put you next to your 2 year old cousin and your 4 year old brother at the kiddie table if you don't shut your yapper. LMAO! There are grown-ups on this board?!?! :eek: :eek: Could have fooled me! :D

BobcatBenny
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I have not seen Brownwood play. Ever.

1 and 3. Hmmm ... somehow I think the Lions are going to be just fine this season.

I have repented. There are such things as, good losses.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 04:31 PM
LMAO! There are grown-ups on this board?!?! :eek: :eek: Could have fooled me! :D

Talking in terms of talent... you see, people can lose touch with reality when they watch a low level of football each week. They either forget or zone out. Just reminding him and trying to wake him up before it's too late. It's sad.

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
In response to several threads regarding Brownwood and it's fans.... a little Brownwood history:

Brownwood has always been known historically for scheduling notoriously nightmarish non-district schedules so you would be an utter fool if you write them off after they have started the '08 season with a 1-3 record.

If anyone on this board is writing them off, they are simply
trying to pull Rocket's chain. Every year you have 5-5 teams
making deep playoff runs. This year will be no different.

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 04:39 PM
OK, here is an example for you, RM. Do you think the Dallas Cowboys can win it all? They just got done with a shootout against the eagles, the same type of game. Dallas is supposed to have one of the best defenses in the NFL. The simple fact is this, when you get 2 Offenses that can execute, then defenses are always at a disadvantage. The offense knows what's coming, the defense doesn't. Now again, this is all about execution and having talent that can get 'er done.

This doesn't apply to teams like Sweetwater. I am talking about powerhouse offenses packed with talent. Again, i.e. Cowboys vs. Eagles

I love the ganging up. nice, thats kindergarten.

So rocket, you are saying that Brownwood or LH doesnt need a Defense? lol Cuz Im pretty sure defense wins games for alot of teams. Yall really executed against that La Vega D.

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Talking in terms of talent... you see, people can lose touch with reality when they watch a low level of football each week. They either forget or zone out. Just reminding him and trying to wake him up before it's too late. It's sad.

The only time I have watched Sweetwater is their scrimmage against Vernon. Im pretty sure LH vs. Wylie and La Vega vs. Wylie were pretty good quality.

swstangs001
09-21-2008, 04:49 PM

I didn't realize the cowboys D was so great...they always have been able to stop the pass haven't they...but I'm sure they'll have a hard time covering that tight end with roy out

Rocket
09-21-2008, 04:54 PM

So rocket, you are saying that Brownwood or LH doesnt need a Defense? lol Cuz Im pretty sure defense wins games for alot of teams. Yall really executed against that La Vega D.

I have seen Brownwood teams in the matter of one week turn on the defense. As long as they are improving EACH week, that is all that matters. The other thing you need to realize is that Brownwood's offense is starting to put it all together and play for 4 Quarters. Our defense is mostly underclassmen starting for their first season. This is understandable for them to be coming along. See Txbroadcaster's post. he said we did a decent job against the Slot T. Remember, the LH offense only scored 42. ;)

Brownwood's defense was not ready for La Vega's size. I would say we are alot better now than we were against La Vega.

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I have seen Brownwood teams in the matter of one week turn on the defense. As long as they are improving EACH week, that is all that matters. The other thing you need to realize is that Brownwood's offense is starting to put it all together and play for 4 Quarters. Our defense is mostly underclassmen starting for their first season. This is understandable for them to be coming along. See Txbroadcaster's post. he said we did a decent job against the Slot T. Remember, the LH offense only scored 42. ;)

Brownwood's defense was not ready for La Vega's size. I would say we are alot better now than we were against La Vega.

LOL

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 04:56 PM

Yea well, we will see how the bye week treats yall. Hopefully yall dont get the short end of the stick for a 4th week in a row.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM

You love the ganging up? WELCOME TO MY WORLD! You can dish it out but you can't take it. You little baby. You want to crown a State Champion in Week 3 go right ahead take your pick.

Have you seen Brownwood play? NO.

What is your point in all this, stown? What are you trying to say? Just make a statement and then let us gang up on you and make you feel like a numbskull.

swstangs001
09-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Yea well, we will see how the bye week treats yall. Hopefully yall dont get the short end of the stick for a 4th week in a row.
:doh: :doh:

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Havent seen Brownwood play, but Ive seen 2 of the 3 teams that beat them play...

I had one mission entering this thread, and it was to woo you into an argument lol. Im just trying to have fun on this sunday afternoon.

swstangs001
09-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Have you seen Brownwood play? NO.

i have...they werent too impressive

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 05:05 PM
double

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:06 PM

You can't get past a 1-3 record. That is your problem. Fine, you know what? Don't talk to me or make another post about Brownwood (yeah right) and we'll see you the week we play Sweetwater, when you have a dog in teh fight and it actually matters to you what Brownwood is doing and us as Brownwood posters are saying. 'Til then, please be quiet.

Don't start none, won't be none!

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001

Oh boy, we got another SW poster that thinks the team you see play in Week 1 is the team you will see in Week 9. You ignorant people...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
You can't get past a 1-3 record. That is your problem. Fine, you know what? Don't talk to me or make another post about Brownwood (yeah right) and we'll see you the week we play Sweetwater, when you have a dog in teh fight and it actually matters to you what Brownwood is doing and us as Brownwood posters are saying. 'Til then, please be quiet.

Don't start none, won't be none!

What are you my mother? Why so serious Rocket? Chill

swstangs001
09-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh boy, we got another SW poster that thinks the team you see play in Week 1 is the team you will see in Week 9. You ignorant people...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

how do you get that? i just said i saw them play and they werent too impressive, let me elaborate for you, they werent too impressive in THAT game. There is that better?

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2008, 05:17 PM

Does the guy on the far left look like he can take a joke?:rolleyes:

Go ahead and ask that the pic be removed Rocket proving my
point.:doh:

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Oh Wow! :clap:

swstangs001
09-21-2008, 05:19 PM

:doh: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2008, 05:25 PM
He looks like he just found out Matt Damon has a girlfriend
and they're not going to hang out as much together now let
alone make a Good Will Hunting sequal together.

I believe the title was going to be Brokeback Hunting II.:thinking:

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Naah leave it. I am not scared if people know who I am or what I look like. I put my name on every post. I challenge you (The 3 Stooges) to do the same. Oh yeah, and put your pic up there to so that we can get our laugh on.

Yeah right..

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:33 PM
how do you get that? i just said i saw them play and they werent too impressive, let me elaborate for you, they werent too impressive in THAT game. There is that better?

Yeah, much better and alot more accurate. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM

You are calling me serious? After crying about getting ganged up on? LOL

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Naah leave it. I am not scared if people know who I am or what I look like. I put my name on every post. I challenge you (The 3 Stooges) to do the same. Oh yeah, and put your pic up there to so that we can get our laugh on.

Yeah right..

I didn't think you scared goof. It's obvious where I got it from.
I figured you'd claim it was "trade marked". My picture is on here
and everyone that matters knows my real name. Feel free to
laugh at my pick. I'm not a conceited ego manic. I know where I
stand on the looks scale.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Rocket is ALWAYS seriously joking :D

Eagle 1
09-21-2008, 05:42 PM
8HR- Respect...Nobody cares about what you are capable of!!! You do not get wins and rings for capability. The facts are that Brownwood is 1-2 against 3a teams this year and the 1 is very likely not even a playoff team. To have to demand respect at this point in the season sounds like desperation. I know you will deny the feeling of desperation but spare us on the demands of respect.

1-2 against 3A teams.
So you think LH and La Vega are not a playoff team?
You need to get your facts straight.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:42 PM
He looks like he just found out Matt Damon has a girlfriend
and they're not going to hang out as much together now let
alone make a Good Will Hunting sequal together.

I believe the title was going to be Brokeback Hunting II.:thinking:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/DanTompkins/3Stoogesfootball.jpg
Sweetwater Red, Stownhorse, and swstangs001 pose for a pic in the Mustang Bowl.

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
You love the ganging up? WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

I wasnt really crying but if I was, you were too^.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
1-2 against 3A teams.
So you think LH and La Vega are not a playoff team?
You need to get your facts straight.
"The one" being Burnet, I believe is what he meant.

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 05:46 PM

Dont get mad because Red owned you on that.

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2008, 05:48 PM

It looks like a few posters are trying to get this thread back on
topic. I have to go anyway. Have a good day Rocket...btw if
that was us...I'd be Moe.:D

Rocket
09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Dont get mad because Red owned you on that.

The thing is... he doesn't have a leg to stand on. I have taken more crap from more people than I can count and I am still here and still smiling. So that statement about me not taking a joke holds no water. Basically he put my pic up there and said look how serious he is, ha ha he he..and all you Sweetwater girls giggled along with him.

Oh no, I am not part of the cool group. LOL

:nerd: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
The thing is... he doesn't have a leg to stand on. I have taken more crap from more people than I can count and I am still here and still smiling. So that statement about me not taking a joke holds no water. Basically he put my pic up there and said look how serious he is, ha ha he he..and all you Sweetwater girls giggled along with him.

Oh no, I am not part of the cool group. LOL

:nerd: :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA

Rocket
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
It looks like a few posters are trying to get this thread back on
topic. I have to go anyway. Have a good day Rocket...btw if
that was us...I'd be Moe.:D

I know. I listed them in order.

Eagle 1
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
"The one" being Burnet, I believe is what he meant.

I guess so.

BEAST
09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
I can't believe anyone from Swater would even be talking. 55-7 last year and this years team hung 49 on Liberty Hill. What is THE WOOD going to hang on yall.

BEAST

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
HAHAHAHA

Yall old farts get a kick out of Rocket. lol

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Us old farts get a kick out of you, too. ;)

Stownhorse
09-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Us old farts get a kick out of you, too. ;)

No, yall just think its hilarious when Sweetwater posters have people throwing deflated jokes at them. lol

Rocket
09-21-2008, 06:14 PM

You got owned. Thanks for playing. GAME OVER. Hmmm...sounds like the Brownwood-Sweetwater game last year...funny.

swstangs001
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
You got owned. Thanks for playing. GAME OVER. Hmmm...sounds like the Brownwood-Sweetwater game last year...funny.

yeah they did beat us pretty bad....but after our starting QB came back and all our underclassmen starters got some experience they still made the playoffs

wimbo_pro
09-21-2008, 07:15 PM

I would say we are alot better now than we were against La Vega.

So...losing 2 games since your loss to La Vega only strengthens you believe in your ability to win? The only thing preventing you from losing again this week is the fact you have a bye!

blowfish
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
The thing about Rocket is he is consistant and has selective memory. He also loves his team to a fault.

His biggest problem is he wrote a lot of checks with his mouth that his team cant cash.

It has nothing to do with having a winning pre-district schedule or not, we all know these games mean nothing. But you need to go back and read some of the venom in your posts. One thing I notice is you try to laugh it off when you know your wrong but that my friend is getting old.

Truth is Brownwood is a great program that is rich in tradition. The problem is Bwood posters have no respect for any of the teams in their district or Class 3A. For example from a post on
03-03-2008

You idealists (cuz you can't be realists) on here that say or choose to believe that Brownwood dropping to 3A is not a big deal and Brownwood won't make the playoffs are 1 grape short of a fruit salad. The good thing is that we are not playing a bunch of sorry teams (like Celina is) and have a strong shot at being the undisputed #1 team in 3A after our undefeated pre-district schedule beating teams such as Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Won't be much room for argument after we pull that off. But the funny thing is, unlike in 4A, if we do lose any of those games, we still have a shot to win it all, BECAUSE 3A is not even close to the 4A level. Huge fall off level wise between the Top 4A and the Top 3A. Big difference. :)

Looking4number8
09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
So...losing 2 games since your loss to La Vega only strengthens you believe in your ability to win?

I would not say it strengthens our ability to win but I did see great improvement in consistancy against LH than I did against the ville or vega.... especially in the 2nd half.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
The thing about Rocket is he is consistant and has selective memory. He also loves his team to a fault.

His biggest problem is he wrote a lot of checks with his mouth that his team cant cash.

It has nothing to do with having a winning pre-district schedule or not, we all know these games mean nothing. But you need to go back and read some of the venom in your posts. One thing I notice is you try to laugh it off when you know your wrong but that my friend is getting old.

Truth is Brownwood is a great program that is rich in tradition. The problem is Bwood posters have no respect for any of the teams in their district or Class 3A. For example from a post on
03-03-2008

You idealists (cuz you can't be realists) on here that say or choose to believe that Brownwood dropping to 3A is not a big deal and Brownwood won't make the playoffs are 1 grape short of a fruit salad. The good thing is that we are not playing a bunch of sorry teams (like Celina is) and have a strong shot at being the undisputed #1 team in 3A after our undefeated pre-district schedule beating teams such as Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Won't be much room for argument after we pull that off. But the funny thing is, unlike in 4A, if we do lose any of those games, we still have a shot to win it all, BECAUSE 3A is not even close to the 4A level. Huge fall off level wise between the Top 4A and the Top 3A. Big difference. :)

Do I have to explain myself 500 times?

1. I have already eaten crow for that and said I wish I could take it back.

2. There is some truth to that post. If we would have won, we would have been the Undisputed #1. I also said we have a strong shot, didn't say we would do it.

3. There is a big drop off level wise between the Top 5 4A and Top 5 3A. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

4. I was reacting to people saying we are no threat and just another team dropping. Did I get overheated? Sure, but man, digging up 6+ month old posts and then saying look everybody at what he is saying is not right. I took the heat for that already. Get over your bitterness.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 07:40 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/602/602__image_09.jpg

Come on folks....

wimbo_pro
09-21-2008, 07:47 PM

I'll go ahead and ask that your link be removed. For some reason, I find it to be just plain wrong to post pics of posters in a mocking fashion like this. There are lots of pics of lots of posters already available to us all, but if we go down that slippery slope of posting pics to make a stinging rebuttal, I can guarantee you that it will get very ugly in here.

I am all for stinging rebuttals and mocking (if you havent noticed)...its part of the fun. But if we start making it personal with pics of posters, I would then ask what is next? Pics of their homes? Their workplace? Their kids? I hope one of the administators agrees.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
It started with good intentions..... :doh:

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I'll go ahead and ask that your link be removed. For some reason, I find it to be just plain wrong to post pics of posters in a mocking fashion like this. There are lots of pics of lots of posters already available to us all, but if we go down that slippery slope of posting pics to make a stinging rebuttal, I can guarantee you that it will get very ugly in here.

I am all for stinging rebuttals and mocking (if you havent noticed)...its part of the fun. But if we start making it personal with pics of posters, I would then ask what is next? Pics of their homes? Their workplace? Their kids? I hope one of the administators agrees.
Yes, agreed....

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 09:02 PM

Who did you see them play? I watched them against Liberty Hill and thought they were very impressive!!