PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW: Battle of the Bell

Milk That Cow
09-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I predict the Loser does NOT make the Playoffs...

I also say there will be HUGE pressure on Cameron to win this ball game..

I mean HUGE pressure...

King_LeYoeNidas
09-20-2008, 12:37 AM
umm..1st district game. HUGE pressure on all the teams.

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Pressure is on Rockdale. They are the ones making all the noise.

Milk That Cow
09-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Cameron Yoe is playing at Home...

They haven't lost back-to-back Bell Battles in 30 Years...

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Cameron Yoe is playing at Home...

They haven't lost back-to-back Bell Battles in 30 Years...

Yes, Rockdale would know what that is like.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-20-2008, 12:05 PM
This Yoe squad is apparently better than originally thought. The gatesville squad they lost to by two points seems to be very, very solid. This game could be very telling for both teams. Plus, Cameron got 1st string RB back last night so that opens up more doors. Either way, I say both teams make playoffs.

rockdale80
09-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
This Yoe squad is apparently better than originally thought. The gatesville squad they lost to by two points seems to be very, very solid. This game could be very telling for both teams. Plus, Cameron got 1st string RB back last night so that opens up more doors. Either way, I say both teams make playoffs.

Regardless of any record, this is usually a heck of a game. I hope Rockdale wins, but Cameron usually beats Rockdale. Go Tigers!

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I think the winner will be whoever can stop the run. I'll take Rockdale by 7 in a shootout.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-20-2008, 02:11 PM
stop the run? You realize 6 different Yoe RECEIVERS caught a TD last night?

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 02:12 PM
You realize that was against Lorena?

ILS1
09-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You realize that was against Lorena?

Rockdale beat an average Llano team by 6. Then beat a terrible Lampasas team. Then a 2A team. Then beat a private school by 2 in OT. Cameron beat Waco Connally by 4. Then lost to Gatesville by 2. Then stomped a mudhole in Lorena last night. Looks like Cameron is coming around and getting everyone healthy. Plus, this game is Cameron. I'll take the Yoe by 3.

:D :D :D

LHexPlayer
09-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Rockdale by 14.

Milk That Cow
09-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Navasota
Winner of the Battle of the Bell...
Caldwell

Makes The Playoffs...

The Loser of the Battle of the Bell starts Roundball Season...

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Milk, don't forget Madisonville.

It's going to be a fight for the other district sports with Rockdale, Madisonville, Cameron, and Caldwell!

87 TIGER
09-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Rockdale beat an average Llano team by 6. Then beat a terrible Lampasas team. Then a 2A team. Then beat a private school by 2 in OT. Cameron beat Waco Connally by 4. Then lost to Gatesville by 2. Then stomped a mudhole in Lorena last night. Looks like Cameron is coming around and getting everyone healthy. Plus, this game is Cameron. I'll take the Yoe by 3.

:D :D :D Trust me Llano is no average team, they are pretty good and i believe will be a playoff team. Diddn't Connally get hammered by Caldwell, not sure how good they are. Battle of the bell it really doest matter, both teams are pretty equal going in. whoever takes care of the ball and takes advantage of the other teams mistakes wins this one.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

:D :D :D

Thank you sir. I was just about to ask what powerhouses the Tigers had been tossing around.

People better get there early for this one. BOTB is always a packed house but combine that with district opener AND Cameron wanting to avoid losing twice in a row? Yeah. That's alot of people.

buff4ever
09-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I have to go with Rockdale in this one. First off they looked competitive in our scrimmage with them. Second, Cameron was afraid to play lexington; which was sad enough that they even scheduled them.

:D :D :D :D

King_LeYoeNidas
09-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I have to go with Rockdale in this one. First off they looked competitive in our scrimmage with them. Second, Cameron was afraid to play lexington; which was sad enough that they even scheduled them.

:D :D :D :D

Can I buy pot from you? Seriously. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, there's no truth to Lexington "offering" to come to Cameron. Why? Because they didn't.

buff4ever
09-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Can I buy pot from you? Seriously. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, there's no truth to Lexington "offering" to come to Cameron. Why? Because they didn't.

Smithville schedules lexington, and beats the tar out of them!:D :D :D

CYOEMEN
09-21-2008, 02:12 PM
who will win??

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Old Green
09-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Who has the most wins in the "Battle of The Bell" ?

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Old Green,

Cameron by a lot

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Old Green,

Cameron by a lot

I dont know the exact numbers, but Cameron has dominated Rockdale.

Bearkat
09-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm taking the Yoemen.

ctownlegend
09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Battle of the Bell...by FAR the most exciting week for both Cameron and Rockdale fans and players alike! Even though it's a little early this year...LETS GET THIS STARTED!!! :D

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 05:19 PM

navscanmaster
09-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Rockdale starts out 5-0, going to overtime two weeks in a row.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Rockdale starts out 5-0, going to overtime two weeks in a row. I hope that isn't the case with the OT I don't think my draws would make it through

ctownlegend
09-21-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm suprised at all the cameron votes. I went to my first cameron game this year last week, and although Yoe's offense looked extremely good...I think their speed simply overwhelmed a much slower Lorena Defense. Also, Cameron's D looked pretty bad. I think they only stoped Lorena twice, both turnovers. Lorena never punted!!! :eek: im pretty sure Rockdale's O' has to be on a whole 'nother level than Lorena's, granted I don't really know much about Rockdale this year. I believe that IF.....IF Cameron's D wakes up...Rockdale could be in trouble. I hope thats the case! :D

R3Editor
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope that isn't the case with the OT I don't think my draws would make it through

:tmi: Mods, we have our Region III GOTW Here. Please sticky it. And not the Go Blue "draws" kinda sticky. :ack!:

ctownlegend
09-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Who has the most wins in the "Battle of The Bell" ?

The current score is Cameron-37 Rockdale-17

44INAROW
09-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I am going with Cameron.... (I like their mascot name) ;)

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm going to stir the pot on this thread on purpose do not take this post serious.

Cameron Sucks!

:stirpot: :taunt: :stirpot:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm going to stir the pot on this thread on purpose
:eek: :eek: :eek: On PURPOSE???? Compared to???? :p

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: :eek: :eek: On PURPOSE???? Compared to???? :p Um the times its not on purpose? haha

c-town_balla
09-21-2008, 06:51 PM
This is going to be a pretty good game. I want to go pretty bad but, I don't know if I will make it.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Um the times its not on purpose? haha
:thinking: :thinking: I'm sure one will come to me.

Go teams!

Rabid Cougar
09-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Got to go with my Yoemen for no other reason than I enjoy beating Rockdale so much.

Old Green
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
The current score is Cameron-37 Rockdale-17 Thanks. The Yoemen have dominated.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Thanks. The Yoemen have dominated. Very very true :(

It's not they they are more talented a lot of times just Rockdale plays under their talent level. Not taking anything away from Cameron though....they have had some very very talented players through the years

Rabid Cougar
09-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Might as well take the grinder and take the paint off of it, save the Yoe FFA the trouble.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-21-2008, 09:22 PM
to be honest, ol' dirtry draws is right. Cameron has never been a "superstar ridden" team. We've had excellent players, but seldom super, superstars. It's that team mentality and as cliche as it sounds, Yoe pride. I wish they'd made this game week 10 as that always gives the game the extra excitement.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 10:03 PM
to be honest, ol' dirtry draws is right. Cameron has never been a "superstar ridden" team. We've had excellent players, but seldom super, superstars. It's that team mentality and as cliche as it sounds, Yoe pride. I wish they'd made this game week 10 as that always gives the game the extra excitement. From what I heard as of late it's that superstar attitude that has taken over in Cameron.

c-town_balla
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
From what I heard as of late it's that superstar attitude that has taken over in Cameron.

That was true for the last two years but, it isn't this year it sounds like some leaders are keeping the big heads small.

Old Tiger
09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
That was true for the last two years but, it isn't this year it sounds like some leaders are keeping the big heads small. that is good news for the yoe

offduty
09-22-2008, 10:57 PM
go yoe! btbo rockdale!

buff4ever
09-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Did I already mention that Rockdale was going to win this game!!:D :D :D

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Did I already mention that Rockdale was going to win this game!!:D :D :D I don't think you have buff4ever but why do you think Rockdale will win?

King_LeYoeNidas
09-23-2008, 09:21 AM
something to do w/ bitterness I think. I doubt he could name 2 players from either team.

offduty
09-23-2008, 11:24 AM
anybody know what the spread on this game is?

Johnny Utah
09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Go Tigers!!! Dog, talked to the legend via phone on Sunday night, said the Tigers are looking good. Keep up the fight!!! Keep the BELL!!!

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
They have JU...just need to put together a complete game!

Johnny Utah
09-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I hear you. Every game counts now!!!

kepdawg
09-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Rockdale playing Mingus this week?

OldBison75
09-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Cameron by 10 because they are at home and playing well. I believe the very fact that the loser is in a big hole for the district, makes the Yoe magic come out. Plus, it is tough to play in Cameron with the fans in the stands and the way the game is usually called.

offduty
09-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Plus, it is tough to play in Cameron with the fans in the stands and the way the game is usually called.

What do you mean the way the game is called?

OldBison75
09-23-2008, 04:30 PM
It seems that the rowdy home fans seem to get the close calls in favor of thier team, much like in many other towns where the fans are kinda fanatical. No intent to say that the refs are being biased, but it is true that the crowd can have some influence on close calls.

cameron91
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
the bell look better in maroon and grey..:D

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
the bell look better in maroon and grey..:D I find it to be very trashy in those colors

cameron91
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
just don't toss it the river like yall have been known to do..:D

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 04:38 PM
as long as yall don't burn our field ;)

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Cameron by 10 because they are at home and playing well. I believe the very fact that the loser is in a big hole for the district, makes the Yoe magic come out. Plus, it is tough to play in Cameron with the fans in the stands and the way the game is usually called. Most of those fans should be gone by halftime jk

cameron91
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
we will not burn the feild , if you tell coach to turn on the hot water in the vistor shower..mane , that was the coldest shower I've taken in my life..:D

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 04:45 PM
there wasn't any warm water in home shower either!

cameron91
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
we never pay the gas bill before we play yall..

Buffgal
09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Cameron by 10 because they are at home and playing well. I believe the very fact that the loser is in a big hole for the district, makes the Yoe magic come out. Plus, it is tough to play in Cameron with the fans in the stands and the way the game is usually called.

I agree with all but reference "maybe" about homer refs. BUT Rockdale will have to have everything go their way to pull out a win @ Cameron. Some close games with Giddings makes you seriously consider the Yoe Magic at home works in their favor often. Very tough place to play, football or baseball. If you have young kids, hold their hands........and stuff a little piece of cotton in each ear.

OldBison75
09-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Buffgal,
I don't mean that the refs are homers, but I do know that there is quite a bit of intimidation at Yoe field. The confines are cramped and the refs have to exit in the middle of the crowd when things are contested. I believe this intimidation causes anything that is iffy to be called in the Yoe favor. In that stadium I see more refs keeping one hand on the flag on every play than anywhere else I have watched a game in 2 years.

ctownlegend
09-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Im sorry, I may be ruining the fun of this thread..but honestly...yall are over analyzing this game. Anyone who has been a part of one of these games knows that refs...fans...nobody but the players affect the outcome of this game. Forget where their playing, forget who has the louder fans. This game is all about the scoreboard for the players, and the team who wants it more will get it. No team wants to be known as the team who lost the bell. Its simple, in the Battle of the Bell...the teams with the most heart wins.

Rabid Cougar
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I find it to be very trashy in those colors

Break out the primer, its changing colors Saturday morning

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Break out the primer, its changing colors Saturday morning :clap: :eek: :(

Dogman_1969
09-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Just another coat of Blue on Saturday....

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Just another coat of Blue on Saturday.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :cheerl: :thumbsup:

c-town_balla
09-23-2008, 11:15 PM
.....or a return to its native maroon and grey

Old Tiger
09-23-2008, 11:23 PM
.....or a return to its native maroon and grey :( :( :dispntd: :dispntd:

Milk That Cow
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I Repeat...

Cameron Yoe has HUGE pressure to win this Ballgame...

Rockdale hasn't really played anybody...

Cameron really hasn't played anybody...

So, we really don't know how good both of these teams are.

I think it's going to come down to the Coaching Matchup....

It should be a very entertaining ballgame...

And the Loser, I predict will be the odd man out in the Playoff Race...

Buffgal
09-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Buffgal,
I don't mean that the refs are homers, but I do know that there is quite a bit of intimidation at Yoe field. The confines are cramped and the refs have to exit in the middle of the crowd when things are contested. I believe this intimidation causes anything that is iffy to be called in the Yoe favor. In that stadium I see more refs keeping one hand on the flag on every play than anywhere else I have watched a game in 2 years.

Couldn't have said it better. Been @ Yoe field in tight games several times, I know exactly what you mean. And I meant every word about holding your youngster's hands.

opher
09-24-2008, 08:50 AM
since when did coaches TACKLE or BLOCK or CATCH THE BALL?????? Sounds like someone still won't let go of their failures and still like to point the blame on someone else. Typical attitude - you get the credit of you win - someone else takes the blame if you lose - come on get real - own up to something for once in your life.

Daddy D 11
09-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Very tough place to play, football or baseball. If you have young kids, hold their hands........and stuff a little piece of cotton in each ear.

All that is VERY true:(

c-town_balla
09-24-2008, 10:47 AM
If y'all think its hard on visitors just wait until unathletic Yoe high graduates come and ref Cameron games and try their hardests to show how much they hate Cameron

Daddy D 11
09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
If y'all think its hard on visitors just wait until unathletic Yoe high graduates come and ref Cameron games and try their hardests to show how much they hate Cameron

Surprisingly, I can easily see that happening haha

Atleast your Baseball games are civil:rolleyes: :p :D

c-town_balla
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
well that one game kinda got out of hand.....

mostly its all that happend to y'all happening to us by some ref with antiCameron feelings for one reason or another

Daddy D 11
09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
well that one game kinda got out of hand.....

mostly its all that happend to y'all happening to us by some ref with antiCameron feelings for one reason or another

Yes, yes it did. And that's gotta stink, cause there's nothing you can do about it if he doesn't like Cameron.

Oh, and Rockdale wins this one:p

buff4life
09-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Im sorry, I may be ruining the fun of this thread..but honestly...yall are over analyzing this game. Anyone who has been a part of one of these games knows that refs...fans...nobody but the players affect the outcome of this game. Forget where their playing, forget who has the louder fans. This game is all about the scoreboard for the players, and the team who wants it more will get it. No team wants to be known as the team who lost the bell. Its simple, in the Battle of the Bell...the teams with the most heart wins.

been there done it twice...and i must say I disagree with your opinion but its my point of view vs your home point of view so no chance of proving either

rockdale80
09-24-2008, 02:35 PM
...the teams with the most heart wins.

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I assure you I left it all on the field when we lost. Cameron beat us no doubt, but it was not lack of try or heart. :hand:

ctownlegend
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I assure you I left it all on the field when we lost. Cameron beat us no doubt, but it was not lack of try or heart. :hand:

I'm not saying that one team tries and another simply lays down. I'm saying one team leaves all the records out the door...not one player...not one coach...one TEAM...the keyword is team..the TEAM with the most heart. I have seen some kids come through cameron with more heart than any coach can ask for, but rarely have I seen a team that comes together as ONE and plays with HEART...not just on friday night..but on the saturday before the game when their lifting weights, and the practices leading up to the game. To say that heart plays no factor because you happend to lose and you left it on the field is naive, as i said..the TEAM with the most heart will win.

rockdale80
09-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm not saying that one team tries and another simply lays down. I'm saying one team leaves all the records out the door...not one player...not one coach...one TEAM...the keyword is team..the TEAM with the most heart. I have seen some kids come through cameron with more heart than any coach can ask for, but rarely have I seen a team that comes together as ONE and plays with HEART...not just on friday night..but on the saturday before the game when their lifting weights, and the practices leading up to the game. To say that heart plays no factor because you happend to lose and you left it on the field is naive, as i said..the TEAM with the most heart will win.

I guess to an extent I see what you are saying, but coming out and executing the game plan and playing with heart to me are different things. Sorry I misinterpreted.

Old Tiger
09-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I guess to an extent I see what you are saying, but coming out and executing the game plan and playing with heart to me are different things. Sorry I misinterpreted. rockdale80 don't be sorry he construed you the wrong way. thats his fault

he's from cameron what a chump!

:stirpot: :stirpot:

rockdale80
09-24-2008, 06:36 PM
rockdale80 don't be sorry he construed you the wrong way. thats his fault

he's from cameron what a chump!

:stirpot: :stirpot:

Well, true!:)

Honestly I have never seen a Rockdale team that didnt play with heart. I cant remember ever really having the athletes to compete with talent alone. We arent Sweetwater.:D

Or Brownwood, Celina, Gilmer, or Snyder.;)

buff4ever
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM
I feel like I mentioned it, but I will say it again.....Rockdale will win this game.

sicem74
09-24-2008, 10:18 PM
well well well...i say cameron is going to win...

hmmmm...ill say 21-20....hahahaha

Old Tiger
09-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
well well well...i say cameron is going to win...

hmmmm...ill say 21-20....hahahaha will cameron score all of them in the second half? :D

c-town_balla
09-24-2008, 10:49 PM
que the giddings people to tell us to get a life.........3.........2.........1

ctownlegend
09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
haha no kidding...leave it to sicem to bring up 21-20.

Johnny Utah
09-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Johnny Utah
09-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Tigers win!

RdaleBoi08
09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll say this the game will be good but Rockdale will prevail because of the leadership of the seniors

c-town_balla
09-25-2008, 11:44 AM
If Senior leadership decided games Cameron's Oline last year would have had pancakes by every lineman everyplay play and allowed no sacks and no plays to go for less than 5 yards

but thats just how I like to think

:D :D

RdaleBoi08
09-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Who all is going to the game? I know that I will be there in the front row!!!! Tigers all the way!!!!!

87 TIGER
09-25-2008, 03:42 PM
If Senior leadership decided games Cameron's Oline last year would have had pancakes by every lineman everyplay play and allowed no sacks and no plays to go for less than 5 yards

but thats just how I like to think

:D :D Were they all seniors last year, just wondering because all 5 O-line are seniors this year too.

87 TIGER
09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Who all is going to the game? I know that I will be there in the front row!!!! Tigers all the way!!!!! I'll be there but you better get there early gonna be packed and the stands are way too small .

offduty
09-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Were they all seniors last year, just wondering because all 5 O-line are seniors this year too.

Cameron returned 4/5 starters from the line last year, losing big Nick Z

yoe_2009
09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Cameron has it by 14.

yoe_'10
09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Good luck to both teams, but i think cameron will pull away with the win.

ctownlegend
09-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I believe the quote from the Rockdale coach saying that Rockdale WILL establish their run game against Cameron, and if they must, that he has complete confidence in his passing game just might fire up the sleeping Yoe defense.

The quote is not word for word...so corrections are unnecessary.

yoe_2009
09-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Look there, I was only one point off in my prediction! Go Yoe!

ctownlegend
09-27-2008, 12:07 AM
So much for a non-existant Yoe Defense..i think that little quote from Rockdale Coach was the match that lit the completely-soaked-in-gasoline-22ft-high-bonfire for the D.