PDA

View Full Version : HEY SINTON...

big daddy russ
10-30-2002, 09:03 AM
i know this isn't football, but i was just curious if your volleyball team won last night...

pirate4state
10-30-2002, 09:56 AM
BDR,
According to the Caller-Times they did 15-9, 13-15, 4-15. Way to go girls.

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Phil C
10-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Our volleyball girls are in the playoffs! Great news! I didn't get to go to the game but I went by the high school when they got back and found out they had won! I am very happy.

big daddy russ
10-30-2002, 12:43 PM
thanks guys. i was at the ap/mathis game and that was a great game. volleyball can be a very boring game but both teams played great and it turned out to be an awesome match. ap won 7-15, 15-13, 16-14, just in case you were wondering, so ap takes the district title.

p.s. sorry about bringing up volleyball on the forum, mods. i know i'll pay my dues for being a sinner.

big daddy russ
10-30-2002, 12:44 PM
oh, and congratulations on your second-place finish. you earned it.

Phil C
10-30-2002, 03:27 PM
Thank you Big Daddy. The girls at Sinton worked hard last week to make the playoffs and we are proud of them. A-P has a great volleyball team! I saw Coach Marak assisting in coaching them at the A-P - Sinton volleyball game and it was great to see him. I knew him from years ago. Please post when you get any information about the volleyball playoffs. I will do the same if I hear anything. I think we will be forgiven for talking about volleyball. Good Luck to you in the football and volleyball playoffs. I hope your football team does well. One of your coaches was at all of our playoff games last year and supported us and it was appreciated so we hope you do well in the playoffs. By the way who got third place in the volleyball district? I think it is either Mathis or Ingleside.

big daddy russ
10-30-2002, 04:28 PM
Phil, actually Ingleside and Mathis tied for third. Both had 6-4 records and are going to have to play a one-game playoff to see who advances. I haven't talked to the coaches, so I don't know when or where they're playing, but both teams are pretty good. Should be a good game.

Phil C
10-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Thank you Big Daddy. I found out the Sinton girls are supposed to be playing next Monday or Tuesday but don't know when or where yet. The Mathis - Ingleside game should be a good one. I wish they would play in Sinton as a neutral site since that is about halfway between the schools as long as it is not on a football Friday of course. It should be a good one as you said. The District Volleyball race was a tough one this year.

big daddy russ
10-31-2002, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone. That Ingleside/Mathis game will be in Taft tomorrow (Friday) at 4:30. They're saying that Sinton's Bi-District game against Devine looks like it's going to be in Tilden on Tuesday, but they're still in negotiations. Best of luck to everyone in the playoffs.

Phil C
11-01-2002, 04:38 PM
Big Daddy I just found out that Sinton is playing Devine Tuesday night at 7:00 P.M. in Tilden.

Phil C
11-02-2002, 06:38 PM
Big Daddy congratulations to the Ingleside girls on their playoff victory in volleyball for third place in district and a spot in the playoffs!

Phil C
11-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Hello Big Daddy. Lots of wind Friday night played havok with both team's centers. You no. 10 (Brandon Stalee I think is is name) is a good football player. Also your cheerleader Jami Timbs (please forgive me if it is misspelled) is sure a great cheerleader and can sure do those flips! Does she play on any of the Ingleside girls sports teams too? Anyway you have some good young players there. No. 28 was good too.

big daddy russ
11-04-2002, 03:31 PM
lol, thanks phil for the compliments on all the above. yeah, brandon is going to be a force... he's only a freshman and got some good licks in on varsity this year. jaymi (if i remember correctly, that's how you spell her name) is an all-around athlete, but the only other sport in which she participates is track. she's fast, though. she was a member of that relay team last year that battled with your girls' relay teams all the way up to region. i wouldn't doubt it at all if she goes to a major university to cheer.