PDA

View Full Version : BHS people read this...

20StephDawg05
12-15-2002, 09:16 PM
ok y'all ...please no more blaming on the refs that they were calling against us. you're really starting to make it sound like we are sore losers. Everman deserve what they got. whether it be because they are better or because we had a bad day. whatever the case may be, its over, and next year is another chance. just stop giving burnet a bad name. thanks :D

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 09:26 PM
20StephDawg05, I go th BHS myself and what you said is true. They have taught us better than to make excuses and blame people. We have to face the facts that we lost and start thinking about getting the state title for the 2003 season.

fred grunden
12-15-2002, 09:52 PM
It's too bad that football isn't like baseball where we play a 3 game series and winner of 2 moves on. That would ease the situation of having a bad day, getting bad calls, ect. But football is sudden death in the playoffs for the loser. That's what makes it so interesting, makes games seem larger than life at times, until something bad happens like the injury to the Everman player, and then we are reminded that its just a game, and its played by young boys who have a future that is far more important than one game.

Burnet, you can look forward to next year the way Jasper did last year when we lost in the playoffs
in 4A. We had a lot of skill people coming back. You have so many fine players coming back. But if you lose next year, then and only then will you feel the kind of pain Jasper felt this year.
We wish you the best of luck next year. Hopefully we will meet again.

spaniard
12-15-2002, 09:59 PM
everman was an awesome team, and i still think that they handed us our butts on a purple and gold platter. as hard as it is to admit defeat, especially when we were undefeated, i will give everman the credit they deserve, and i have to respect them because of their ability to play the game. they had endurance, speed, talent, and everything needed to take another state title. our guys will be back next year to romp and stomp, and im hoping they will have it in themselves to make it back to this time of the year. and if its with everman again, then its gonna be another awesome game. once again, congratulations to everman on an awesome season and team, and to our greendawgs, awesome season too, and you guys gave it your all, and those of you that will be back next year, remember this feeling of losing, and dont forget it, play like you hate it.