PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore 28 Gilmer 14

CelinaCatFan
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
nm

easttexas3a
09-20-2008, 12:47 AM
buckeyes were overmatched. Gilmer D played really well, only gave up 17 points. Gilmer O fumbled that was returned for TD, gave up a safety, and had an XP returned on em for 2. Was a weird game for the buckeyes, they didn't play real well, but continued to stay close throughout the game. Kilgore si a very very good 4a team, and has one of the best defenses we will see this year. Story of the game.........Gilmer 4 turnovers Kilgore 0 turnovers.

thatboiwes
09-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Gilmer could have very well won this game. The fumble that was returned for a TD, the big punt return that led to a TD the very next play, the extra point attempt that was run back for 2 points and the saftey all hurt very bad.

Kilgore's defense was stout. They really have some great DB's. They were giving Gilmer's passing attack fits all night long.

Honestly, I come away from this loss more confident in our team than any of our 3 wins. We stood toe-to-toe with a very good, excellently (is that a word?) coached 4A team and was never out of the game. That is until the final 2 minits or so. Defense was great. Twice, Kilgore had the ball 1st and goal on the 5 and both times Gilmer kept them out of the endzone. They blocked a field goal attempt the first time and gave up a field goal the next time, which also happened to be the only points scored by Kilgore's offense in the 2nd half.

Offensively, we struggled. Kilgore's defense just wouldn't let Gilmer get anything going. Gilmer had one good drive, and that was the lone scoring drive in the 2nd half. The 1st scoring drive was helped by 3, 15-yard penalties by Kilgore.

Overall, I'm much more confident in the Buckeyes after this loss that I was after the 3 wins. Buckeyes, keep your heads up. There is no reason to hang your heads. You went toe-to-toe with a better team and played them down to the wire. It's nothing but a loss and will only help you all get better for the teams that won't be nearly as good as what Kilgore is. Just continue to work hard and everything will be just fine.

Go Buckeyes!