PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Fans...

navscanmaster
09-19-2008, 10:54 PM
I have to hand it to you, especially Rocket:

Had Casey Paschall not thrown those two picks, I fully believe you guys would have beaten LH. Thank you Brownwood for providing the most entertaining game I have ever listened to on the radio! With three passes caught out of bounds, a few dropped, and another catch ending the half at the LH 3, a little luck would have put you guys over the top without a doubt. I don't think anybody can disagree with that!

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Before tonight, I would not have seen a way that BW could gain any respect with a loss tonight. But, they did get my respect...and I would bet the respect of every LH poster on here (minus the one or two jerks). What a fight!!!

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
2 pick6's will kill ya....... ESPECIALLY in a game this tight.... Wow!

Valiant effort Lions:clap:

solocam
09-19-2008, 11:16 PM
hats off to Brownwood and congrats to the Panthers
What a great exciting game

BwdLion73
09-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Would have...should have...could have...Congrats. to L.H. they kept things in control and won the game. We have not played any daisyies! We are closeing in on the season that counts.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Would have...should have...could have...Congrats. to L.H. they kept things in control and won the game. We have not played any daisyies! We are closeing in on the season that counts.

Exactly BwdLion...you guys went toe to toe with the best in the 3A state tonight and gave them everything they could handle. What a performance! You are in good shape...no harm done with the loss, you guys will rebound.

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Exactly BwdLion...you guys went toe to toe with the best in the state tonight and gave them everything they could handle. What a performance! You are in good shape...no harm done with the loss, you guys will rebound. The best team in 3A at this point... I wouldn annoint them the honor of best team in the state just yet.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
The best team in 3A at this point... I wouldn annoint them the honor of best team in the state just yet.

My bad...you are right...I corrected it!

LHPfactory
09-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
The best team in 3A at this point... I wouldn annoint them the honor of best team in the state just yet.

Until shown otherwise, LH has the crown and are fighting off great teams each week. 2008 LH is learning each week and doing what it takes to win tight games. The #2 just got beat by another great program that LH won a close one over (AW)......This season is looking alot like 3A in 2006 when you have 10 or so really good teams with out alot of seperation (anything can happen on any given night)......

Rocket
09-20-2008, 01:55 AM
OK..just some thoughts....

I am very pleased with Brownwood right now. We are making leaps and bounds each week. I was hoping we would have a coming out party tonight on offense and wow, did we ever! Those 2 6-5 WR's (Taylor and Miller) are the real deal and Pachall is a Top Gun. He had 482 Yards passing for 5 TD's and 1 Rushing TD, in which he had at least 75-100 yards rushing. Our third receiver is another gamer, Holleman. I was impressed with the O-Line. We had 2 Soph's on the O-Line that started their first Varsity game tonight, and they showed out. The 2 Pick 6's were tough to get back, but hey, it happens and you just have to do your best to get em back. We had our opportunity to go tie it up with the fumble recovery, but couldn't get it done.

A couple of interesting facts about this game... Pachall set a Brownwood record for yards and TD's in a game. Parker Taylor for yards in a game at 213 (unofficial). This was the first game I have ever seen with 0 punts.

Liberty Hill. I have no words. Well one word, AWESOME. The running game is tough as nails and the 2 great plays on defense won you the game. After we recovered the fumble, I was like, here we go and then the Pick 6 in which they jumped the slant was brilliant. Great play. We got the momentum and they got it right back. I heard they started 19 Seniors 2 Jrs and 1 Soph. Wow. I was impressed with their size and their physical play. I got to ride with some of the staff to and from the game tonight and we are all optimistic, no head hanging at all. That game means nothing but a valiant effort and massive improvements.

Both defenses have alot of work to do. We are babies on the defensive side of the ball. We have alot of growing up to do. I think we have seen 2 of the Top 3A's in the state already and we know where the bar is. I appreciate the comments and the respect! I am not a told you so kind of person. I just knew the talent we had was not showing up but would soon or by District.

I got to meet alot of great people tonight from the Downlow, including some of the Brownwood posters that I had never met. The cool thing is the fact that we all have a big love for high school football and respect for each other. We had alot of laughs and alot of jabbing. Go Blue even showed up and faced the BEAST. I give him props for that. I appreciate this site and the interaction and fun it provides. RM, LHPM, and P4S, thanks for working so hard on the board! I enjoyed meeting everybody tonight. I missed meeting LHexplayer. Maybe when we meet in Regionals... ha ha

sinton66
09-20-2008, 07:14 AM
You're learning the true spirit behind 3A Downlow. That is exactly what we are all about. Good post. Congrats to Brownwood and Liberty Hill. Wish I could have been there, but gotta support my Pirates when I can.

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2008, 07:16 AM
I wanted to say something last night, but after we got home from a very late supper, I was worn out. I can't even imagine how tired all the players for both teams are!

I felt kind of bad after realizing that I had misspelled Pachall's name last week when doing the 'Wood/'Ville updates. :doh: At least I'm not the only one. :D

Sheesh....that kid is FOR REAL! He was very impressive and he certainly lived up to what a good, solid D1 QT looks like. He reminded a few of us of McGee back in the Burnet days. TCU has a bright future with him on the field! He, combined with the receiving corp of Miller, Holleman & Taylor, makes it understandable for the excitement the Bwood fans had in dropping down.

District 2 - watch out! All the pre-season games that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things are over and the Lions look ready to bring the wood. :devil: You will have to outscore them, because they're not easily stopped.

What a great game! I would say that in a game like this, it's a shame one team had to lose, BUT I'd be lying if I said that I'm not extremely glad for the win. :) It was great to meet all the fans at "the pole".

To answer someone's question on another thread about total offense: 102 attempts, 1057 yds. (Brownwood: 24/33/2/482 passing, 13/38 rushing; Liberty Hill: 2/2/0/73 passing, 54/464 rushing)

Congrats to the Brownwood players on a hard fought shoot-out and to the Panthers for winning this classic matchup! 3 out of 4 playoff type games has made me tired. :D It's a great day to be a Panther (fan)!

Emerson1
09-20-2008, 08:31 AM
A NFL Caliber QB + two 6'5" receivers = how do you not just throw deep every time and score?

BEAST
09-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
OK..just some thoughts....

I am very pleased with Brownwood right now. We are making leaps and bounds each week. I was hoping we would have a coming out party tonight on offense and wow, did we ever! Those 2 6-5 WR's (Taylor and Miller) are the real deal and Pachall is a Top Gun. He had 482 Yards passing for 5 TD's and 1 Rushing TD, in which he had at least 75-100 yards rushing. Our third receiver is another gamer, Holleman. I was impressed with the O-Line. We had 2 Soph's on the O-Line that started their first Varsity game tonight, and they showed out. The 2 Pick 6's were tough to get back, but hey, it happens and you just have to do your best to get em back. We had our opportunity to go tie it up with the fumble recovery, but couldn't get it done.

A couple of interesting facts about this game... Pachall set a Brownwood record for yards and TD's in a game. Parker Taylor for yards in a game at 213 (unofficial). This was the first game I have ever seen with 0 punts.

Liberty Hill. I have no words. Well one word, AWESOME. The running game is tough as nails and the 2 great plays on defense won you the game. After we recovered the fumble, I was like, here we go and then the Pick 6 in which they jumped the slant was brilliant. Great play. We got the momentum and they got it right back. I heard they started 19 Seniors 2 Jrs and 1 Soph. Wow. I was impressed with their size and their physical play. I got to ride with some of the staff to and from the game tonight and we are all optimistic, no head hanging at all. That game means nothing but a valiant effort and massive improvements.

Both defenses have alot of work to do. We are babies on the defensive side of the ball. We have alot of growing up to do. I think we have seen 2 of the Top 3A's in the state already and we know where the bar is. I appreciate the comments and the respect! I am not a told you so kind of person. I just knew the talent we had was not showing up but would soon or by District.

I got to meet alot of great people tonight from the Downlow, including some of the Brownwood posters that I had never met. The cool thing is the fact that we all have a big love for high school football and respect for each other. We had alot of laughs and alot of jabbing. Go Blue even showed up and faced the BEAST. I give him props for that. I appreciate this site and the interaction and fun it provides. RM, LHPM, and P4S, thanks for working so hard on the board! I enjoyed meeting everybody tonight. I missed meeting LHexplayer. Maybe when we meet in Regionals... ha ha

I was going to type a novel myself but you said it all. Enjoyed meeting all the folks at half. Cant wait to see LH 3rd round of the playoffs.

BEAST

Runnin Panther
09-20-2008, 09:07 AM
WOW what a game. #4 Taylor, # 5 Miller, # 6 Pachall and # 7 Harrell now those are some FOOTBALL players. How many tackles did #7 have? He was all over the field.

I knew our secondary was end for a long night, but Taylor, Miller and Pachall were even better than I expected. I know the QB is going to TCU but where are the others going? Last year all we heard was how many D1 players this team had or that team had, well I think Brownwood has some of the best athletes we have seen in the last 3 years.

Would love to see the Wylie/Bwood game, it should be a good one.

Looking4number8
09-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Miller is the pitcher that will be going to college for baseball, Not sure what will happen with Parker Taylor. He deserves to go somewhere.. He plays hard on every play and there is not a kid in High school football that blocks more downfield than he does. If he does not catch the ball, he always stays in the play!

Pachall was our only D1 player on the field last night, you all know the story of our d1 defensive back that is no longer with us.

Lowe, our LSU commit lineman was not in the pads last night.. his job seemed to be keepng #7 ( Bubby Harrel) on the bench after he got hurt.... That was pretty neat to watch. They had to hide Harrells helment because he kept trying to go back on the field. Lowe kept him by the arm also to keep him on the bench.. The kid was clearly dazed but wanted back in the game... What a player... Harrel gave all he had and wanted to go back out and give some more!

And Holeman.. how can a kid that small play that big.. Hope he gets some college looks despite his size

Rocket
09-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Miller is the pitcher that will be going to college for baseball, Not sure what will happen with Parker Taylor. He deserves to go somewhere.. He plays hard on every play and there is not a kid in High school football that blocks more downfield than he does. If he does not catch the ball, he always stays in the play!

Pachall was our only D1 player on the field last night, you all know the story of our d1 defensive back that is no longer with us.

Lowe, our LSU commit lineman was not in the pads last night.. his job seemed to be keepng #7 ( Bubby Harrel) on the bench after he got hurt.... That was pretty neat to watch. They had to hide Harrells helment because he kept trying to go back on the field. Lowe kept him by the arm also to keep him on the bench.. The kid was clearly dazed but wanted back in the game... What a player... Harrel gave all he had and wanted to go back out and give some more!

And Holeman.. how can a kid that small play that big.. Hope he gets some college looks despite his size

Holleman is a wes welker type...

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 12:49 PM
if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its hass everytime it jumped ;)

LionKing
09-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its hass everytime it jumped ;) Great to meet you last night Go Blue.

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
you too.