PDA

View Full Version : 4A Foster 27- Columbia 13 Final

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Same story another day. 3 more Int's tonight.

That gives us 8 Int's and 0 TD passes in 3 games.

Defense played well other than one 55 yd TD pass.

We had chances to comeback and we screwed up when it mattered most.

Score was 20-13 Foster and we 1st and goal. We turn the ball over on downs inside the 10.

Great Job by the Falcons and Godd luck to them and their team. They had a great fan base. I was impressed. I will say the better team won this game.

We have a good running game and a pretty good defense, but lack of passing game and horrible ST kills us every game.

Anyway, Good luck next week to the Necks against El Campo. they will need it.

nunya
09-19-2008, 10:43 PM
oh gosh I feel so bad for WC

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :2thumbsup

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by nunya
oh gosh I feel so bad for WC

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :2thumbsup Why?

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 11:59 PM
TTT

Necks_Fan
09-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Brazosport facts says:

WC had over 100 more yards than Foster......

And also had 11 more first downs (17-6)

Turnovers in key situations..... and also the fact that Foster's average starting position was their 41 yd line and ours was our 26....

Special teams and ball control again....

We proved once again that we CAN move the ball at will.... we just screw up way too much...

Get it fixed and we are a pretty good team.... if not.... then it's going to be a long season.

WC has played NOWHERE near their potential in ANY of their 3 games.... St Pius showed some flashes and was our best game.... but man.... these other 2 have been awful.

raider red 2000
09-21-2008, 08:10 AM
some of your comments are pretty harsh.

i know your comments are not meant to be like that....and you are just stating the obvious.....but why not try to be more positive about your classmates?

that or maybe next year you see if you can suit up and do better.

Necks_Fan
09-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm not intending to bash WC at all. I tell the ame like ti was rather than buttering em up.

Would it make sense for me to say We played great and got beat by a not so good Foster team...... NO

There are 2 things holding this team back..... Field position (ST)/ INT's....(Passing)

I am not going to sit here and lie.... yea, it's dissapointing but I know we can play better.

As far as me suiting up.... next year I will be graduated....

And for not playing this year- Things didn't work out for me like I wanted them to back in the day and I chose a different sport to play. That simple.

cropduster
09-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'm not intending to bash WC at all. I tell the ame like ti was rather than buttering em up.

Would it make sense for me to say We played great and got beat by a not so good Foster team...... NO

There are 2 things holding this team back..... Field position (ST)/ INT's....(Passing)

I am not going to sit here and lie.... yea, it's dissapointing but I know we can play better.

As far as me suiting up.... next year I will be graduated....

And for not playing this year- Things didn't work out for me like I wanted them to back in the day and I chose a different sport to play. That simple.

Will then go quote on that message board. I'm sick of your negativity!

Necks_Fan
09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Mistakes do in Roughecks

By Anthony Maenza
Special to The Facts

Published September 20, 2008

WEST COLUMBIA — If statistics won football games, the Columbia Roughnecks would have been sitting pretty Friday night.

But the Foster Falcons had the advantage where it counted most as they defeated the Roughnecks 27-13 at Griggs Field.

Columbia (1-2) had more first downs — 17 to six — and more yardage — 264 to 166 — than the Falcons. But they also had more turnovers — four to one — which ultimately proved costly.

“The kids played hard, but we made too many mistakes and couldn’t make plays when we needed to,” Columbia head coach Leland Surovik said.

Mistakes were never more crucial than in a minute-and-a-half span in the third quarter when Foster took the lead for good.

With 9:48 left in the third, Foster wide receiver Tyler Baylor raced past the Columbia secondary and latched onto a 56-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Luke Tomas to help the Falcons to a 13-6 lead.

On Columbia’s ensuing possession that started at its own 13-yard line, Foster’s Seth Sork stepped in front of an attempted screen pass and returned it 7 yards for the score with 8:18 left in the third to put the Falcons to a 20-6 advantage.

Columbia didn’t give up.

The Roughnecks mounted an 80-yard drive on their next possession, which was capped by a 1-yard touchdown run by Taylor Johnican with 2:52 left in the third quarter.

Columbia had two golden opportunities later to tie the score but didn’t reach the end zone.

With 1:50 left in the third, John Holmes partially blocked a Foster punt to give Columbia the ball at the Falcon 31. But Columbia couldn’t capitalize and turned the ball over on downs at the Foster 10 with 9:36 left in the game.

The Roughneck defense later recovered a Foster fumble at midfield with 8:13 left in the game.

An interception by Zach Hunter ended the Columbia threat and set up the Falcons’ final touchdown drive. The 57-yard march was finished off by a 1-yard quarterback sneak by Tomas with 1:47 left in the game.

In the first half, Columbia out-gained Foster 138 yards to 60 yards and controlled the ball most of the first two quarters.

The Roughnecks drove 85 yards to take a 6-0 lead with Johnican capping the drive with a 15-yard touchdown run with 7:57 left in the second quarter. The extra-point attempt was wide.

That drive looked like it ended when the Falcons intercepted a Gray Raley pass. But a roughing the passer penalty nullified the interception.

Foster was able to even the score with 1:38 left in the first half when Tomas connected with Baylor on a seven-yard touchdown pass to finish off a 50-yard drive and tie the game 6-6 at halftime.

INDIVIDUAL STATS

RUSHING: Columbia— Taylor Johnican 14-60, Dexter Lewis 15-56; Foster — Tony Bruins 10-60.

PASSING: Columbia — Gray Raley 8-15-3, 71 yards. Foster — Luke Tomas, 5-6-0. 73 yards.

RECEIVING: Columbia — Chad Ledbetter 2-21, Taylor Lane 2-16. Foster — Tyler Baylor 2-63.

Link (http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=8dcffa1f4cfc28be)