rancher
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Half time Bellville 33 Sweeny 12

rancher
09-19-2008, 10:19 PM
FINAL BELLVILLE 39 SWEENY 19

shamu85
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
This might just be a good omen for the Bulldogs. Two years ago, Colombia lost by a similar score to Bellville in the regular season, then handed it back to Bellville in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Nice game Bulls. Way to represent D25. Looking forward to Oct 10. Things are shaping up for one great match. :)

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Any word on how Sweeny looked?

I'll tell you guys now, I don't care who predicted Columbia to win 26-3A..... if they don't clean it up soon..... they won't make the playoffs.

We have a little something to be desired in our passing game..... and in our ST. A team with a good O line will kill us.

I have only 1 complaint against our coaching. We only took 1 shot down the field. 1...... that's just rediculous. It's a run on first and second down and then a 4 yd pass.... C'mon....

I don't know where they go from here, but we need to improve if we even want to step on the same field as Sweeny/Needville.

I have tried to be nice about it, but dang.... There's an honest opinion for ya.

Bull's-eye
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Any word on how Sweeny looked?

They have a very good offense with a dangerous runner in Woodard. QB throws very well and they have some talented receivers. Their defense needs some work, but they have the talent to defeat a lot of teams. IMO, they are better than Needville and should make some noise in D26.

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
They have a very good offense with a dangerous runner in Woodward. QB throws very well and they have some talented receivers. Their defense needs some work, but they have the talent to defeat a lot of teams. IMO, they are better than Needville and should make some noise in D26. Just what I thought. Efficient but nothing special Qb, good running game and average defense.....

Looking like the Favorite in 26 IMO....

As of right now anyway.... WC has ALOT of room for improvement.

2-ONES
09-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
This might just be a good omen for the Bulldogs. Two years ago, Colombia lost by a similar score to Bellville in the regular season, then handed it back to Bellville in the playoffs. This would have been a different game if Sweeny would have had a week of practice. thanks..IKE

Bull's-eye
09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Just what I thought. Efficient but nothing special Qb, good running game and average defense.

QB was not too bad and the RB Woodard was exceptional. Sweeny will be a force in D26. They have an offense that can move the ball, either by ground or air. Woodard is very dangerous & has the ability to score on any play.

RedStorm
09-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by 2-ONES
This would have been a different game if Sweeny would have had a week of practice. thanks..IKE

RedStorm
09-20-2008, 12:19 AM
This would have been a different game if Sweeny would have had a week of practice. thanks..IKE

Stop crying bellville didn't know they were playing until wednsday.

scrub c
09-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Great phone interview on high school sports extra, (or whatever it called now...) by the belville head coach. He said the sweeny rb is the real deal...

Dogs_21
09-20-2008, 12:39 AM
I was at the game Bellville out powered Sweeny On The line but sweeny turned the ball over alot and 2 times for scores one fumble got returned for a touchdown! To be honest if it wasnt for sweeny sloppy play the game was about what and what it just look bad on paper but you had to be there to see the truth! The game was going back and foward until all Sweeny Turnovers! But Overall good game for both teams and this is the Dogs 2nd game only and 2 days of practice to Bellville's whole week of school so not bad!! I would like to see this game in like a week 11 o 12 I Think it would be a differnt story!

2-ONES
09-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Stop crying bellville didn't know they were playing until wednsday.

If you consider the truth crying grow up, Sweeny beat Sweeny in this one........................................

ProudHornetMom
09-20-2008, 09:28 AM
They have a very good offense with a dangerous runner in Woodard. QB throws very well and they have some talented receivers. Their defense needs some work, but they have the talent to defeat a lot of teams. IMO, they are better than Needville and should make some noise in D26.

Woodard was amazing and the quarterback was not afraid to throw in a crowd. I was concerned about their offensive line. They seemed sluggish and confused but that may be related to not being able to practice and zero prep time for the Brahmas. The line was fatigued within the first quarter it seemed. Walking to the line of play, didn't seem to have any spark. Down field blocking was a problem but again that may be from lack of Bellville films to prepare. Several times of either too many players or not enough players on the field. One poor kid didn't make it out for a goal line play...he was chewed and spit out by every coach that walked by. I give him credit, later when he did go in, he gave his all.

I'm curious about their strength program, they have some big guys. If the line comes together to block for the runners, Sweeney will go far.

Bellville looked good especially knowing there was no prep time for this team.

Coach C was gracious on the FSW Score highlight show about both teams coming together on short notice.

Necks_Fan
09-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Sweeny is proving to be very lucky by getting that move-in Woodard.

I thought he would do well, but he may have taken them to the next level.

KL3
09-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Where did he move in from? And did he move in just this year?

Necks_Fan
09-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Where did he move in from? And did he move in just this year? Brazosport, and Yea... I think this is his first year with Sweeny.

brahmalife2
09-20-2008, 09:47 AM

you act like bellville had a week of practice, when they went from team to team not knowing what any of them ran offensively or defensively

Reds fan
09-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by brahmalife2
you act like bellville had a week of practice, when they went from team to team not knowing what any of them ran offensively or defensively

And considering this Bellville did adjust pretty well and slow Woodard down a lot in the second half. Good win for the Brahmas, Sweeny will be very tough this year!

Dogs_21
09-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Bellville Is a good team but Sweeny is just as good because turnovers killed Sweeny thats it because Bellville defense has alot of weak spots itself!

BrahmaMom
09-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, Dogs_21, congratulations on a well-played game with talented players. Despite a few mistakes and injuries, the Brahmas managed to pull it out against the 'Dogs, didn't they? Good game, Sweeny, y'all have a great team and I wish you all the best the rest of the season. Congratulations to the Brahmas, keep it up!

Reds fan
09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Bellville Is a good team but Sweeny is just as good because turnovers killed Sweeny thats it because Bellville defense has alot of weak spots itself!

Bellville fumbles (4) although they recovered all themselves, hurt also. At least 2 of those fumbles caused huge yardage losses at critical down situations and kept the Bulls from scoring drives.

Kickin It
09-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Good win Bellville. D-25 looking to be a battle this year.

BTownVBall3
09-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I showed up to this game with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and bellville was down 10-12. Really turned it on scoring 23 points in the final 7 minutes of the half. The deep guys on D looked good to me.

BrahmaMom
09-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Wasn't the slam-dunk the final score appeared it to be. Great job hanging tough by the Brahmas! Sweeny had some talented players, wow.

Reds fan
09-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Wasn't the slam-dunk the final score appeared it to be. Great job hanging tough by the Brahmas! Sweeny had some talented players, wow.

:iagree:

Necks_Fan
09-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Bellville fumbles (4) although they recovered all themselves, hurt also. At least 2 of those fumbles caused huge yardage losses at critical down situations and kept the Bulls from scoring drives. :hand:

They're only turnovers when you lose the ball.

Turnovers hurt and can cause a score to be skewed, but to me, the better team won. Just an outsider's opinion.

Anyway, you can't compare Turnovers to fumbles recovered by the offense. All that does is set you back a few yards.... That's 2 totally different things my friend.

Reds fan
09-20-2008, 03:09 PM
:hand:

They're only turnovers when you lose the ball.

Turnovers hurt and can cause a score to be skewed, but to me, the better team won. Just an outsider's opinion.

Anyway, you can't compare Turnovers to fumbles recovered by the offense. All that does is set you back a few yards.... That's 2 totally different things my friend.

If you read the post I never said they were turnovers....I agree the better team won. Bellville fumbles cost themselves a lot of yards, one in particular, a QB fumble (even though one ref said incomplete pass but was overruled after conference) cost Bellville about 25-30 yards my friend. In most instances a fumble does only cost a few yards but in the game last night they cost more than a few a stopped drives cold.

Uncle Buck
09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Congrats to Bellville. They played a great game. Maybe the Dogs will get another shot in the playoffs. Good luck Brahma's

Does anyone have the STAT's for this game?

Bull's-eye
09-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I give credit to a good Sweeny team, they stepped up to the plate and under grim conditions, gave Bellville a good battle. They didn't get to practice but a couple of times and that showed in their performance. IMO, Bellville was also at a disadvantage. Even though they had all their practices, they didn't know they were playing Sweeny until Wednesday. They had been practicing for their big game with Navasota and there appeared to be an emotional let down from not playing the highly ranked Rattlers. Bellville had also been off for 2 weeks and I thought they came out flat. On their first drive, the QB missed 2 easy wide open TD passes. Later in the game, there were 2 passes dropped that both would of been easy scores. Bellville could have easily scored in the mid 50's. Yes, turnovers turned this game in Bellville's favor, but the TD fumble return was due to a big hit by the Bellville defender. Bellville didn't turn the ball over, but they did have some fumbles and penalties that stalled several drives. Bellville has still not played a full 4 qtrs of good football, but when they do, watch out.

Dogs_21
09-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Sweeny was off for 3 Weeks because they also had a bye but ol well! In all it was good for them to play Bellville! Got another Good Team next week in the Bay City Black Cats!!

Brahma84
09-20-2008, 08:05 PM
From the Houston Chronicle:

Sweeny 320 total yds. Woodard 206 yds 2TDs. Hornback 10-23-129 (1TD, 2 INT). 5 fumbles, lost 2.

Bellville 356 total yds. Nunn 133 yds 2TD's, Houston 95 yds and Runnels 42 yds 1TD. Mueller 6-13-104 (1 TD, 0 INT). 4 fumbles lost 0.

BrahmaMom
09-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Good summary, Bull's Eye. I can't wait to see the Brahmas play a full four quarters the way we know they can. Lots of distractions for both teams. We gotta pull it together, district is coming! Hats of to Tallerine, who is one gutsy player--he plays hard and gets the job done!

brahmalife2
09-21-2008, 10:38 AM
I give credit to a good Sweeny team, they stepped up to the plate and under grim conditions, gave Bellville a good battle. They didn't get to practice but a couple of times and that showed in their performance. IMO, Bellville was also at a disadvantage. Even though they had all their practices, they didn't know they were playing Sweeny until Wednesday. They had been practicing for their big game with Navasota and there appeared to be an emotional let down from not playing the highly ranked Rattlers. Bellville had also been off for 2 weeks and I thought they came out flat. On their first drive, the QB missed 2 easy wide open TD passes. Later in the game, there were 2 passes dropped that both would of been easy scores. Bellville could have easily scored in the mid 50's. Yes, turnovers turned this game in Bellville's favor, but the TD fumble return was due to a big hit by the Bellville defender. Bellville didn't turn the ball over, but they did have some fumbles and penalties that stalled several drives. Bellville has still not played a full 4 qtrs of good football, but when they do, watch out. I am looking forward to seeing Bellville play a full 4 qrts of good football. If they are scoring in the 30's now, I can't wait to see what a full 4 qrts will do.