PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill/Brownwood updates

Pages : 1 [2]

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
And the last time you scored 56 points but you weren't too damned sure you were going to win the game?
Maybe you weren't sure, but then you don't watch us consistently. But to answer the question, the last time we "had" to score 50+ to ensure the win was Manor, 2004, when the final was 63-50.

BEAST
09-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Does the best team always win? NO. The best team, that night, always wins. ;) That is what winning is. You don't win the whole season in one night, you win it one game at a time. That is why a streak of your magnitude is so dang awesome. You have been the best team each night (or day) you have played the last 28 games. Truly impressive.

But just like everything that streak will end. My money tells me Brownwood will be the one to end it in the rematch.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
09-20-2008, 09:53 PM
OK LHex...let me restate it. BW proved HOW you can beat LH. Of course they didnt, and this is a tribute to LH's momentum as state champs...you just find a way no matter what. But BW definitely proved they are knocking on the door of the best in the state.

This doesnt takea anything away from LH. Not at all. But I want to ask you to go back and look at when it was the last time you scored 56 points and the opponent was within 7? And the last time you scored 56 points but you weren't too damned sure you were going to win the game? Thats all I am trying to point out.

I know what you are saying Wimbo.

Ranger Mom
09-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Does the best team always win? NO. The best team, that night, always wins. ;) That is what winning is. You don't win the whole season in one night, you win it one game at a time. That is why a streak of your magnitude is so dang awesome. You have been the best team each night (or day) you have played the last 28 games. Truly impressive.

I thought his team was Wimberly!!:confused:

Just because we may follow another team doesn't make them "our team!"

RunTheFollow
09-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Brownwood fans need to consider this angle on the game. Not sure of this, but Pachall may have had the greatest passing game in school history. Don't remember too many games with nearly 480 yards passing. However, it wasn't enough to win the game. Liberty Hill played a normal game offensively for them - lots of points and lots of yards rushing (over 500). One team played like they always do while the other had a school record night.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe you weren't sure, but then you don't watch us consistently. But to answer the question, the last time we "had" to score 50+ to ensure the win was Manor, 2004, when the final was 63-50.

That's my point...no one has challenged you to that extent more than BW did. That's all I am trying to say.

And I would expect nothing less than every LH fan to never have doubted they would win. That's just how loyalty goes. I would feel the exact same way if it were MY team. But loyalty can be blinding...If this were a prize fight, LH was one punch away from losing this fight.

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by RunTheFollow
Brownwood fans need to consider this angle on the game. Not sure of this, but Pachall may have had the greatest passing game in school history. Don't remember too many games with nearly 480 yards passing. However, it wasn't enough to win the game. Liberty Hill played a normal game offensively for them - lots of points and lots of yards rushing (over 500). One team played like they always do while the other had a school record night. :clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
09-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Why thank you RM...that was unexpected.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2008, 09:59 PM
RunTheFollow said:

<<<Brownwood fans need to consider this angle on the game. Not sure of this, but Pachall may have had the greatest passing game in school history. Don't remember too many games with nearly 480 yards passing. However, it wasn't enough to win the game. Liberty Hill played a normal game offensively for them - lots of points and lots of yards rushing (over 500). One team played like they always do while the other had a school record night.>>>

Good point again...

espn1
09-20-2008, 10:21 PM
It's never good to have a record set on your defense!

Rocket
09-20-2008, 10:23 PM
RunTheFollow said:

<<<Brownwood fans need to consider this angle on the game. Not sure of this, but Pachall may have had the greatest passing game in school history. Don't remember too many games with nearly 480 yards passing. However, it wasn't enough to win the game. Liberty Hill played a normal game offensively for them - lots of points and lots of yards rushing (over 500). One team played like they always do while the other had a school record night.>>>

Good point again...

BS. Brownwood played to their potential. You need to realize that this team, in many ways, is learning as they go. Those that saw the Burnet and Sville games saw something familiar. We have hung 21 points in the 1st Quarter twice out of 4 games this season. Our potential was not being realized as far as putting offense together for 4 Quarters and this wasn't being hindered by the other team, but by Brownwood. I also made many references to opening up the playbook for LH, WHICH HAPPENED. What you witnessed was Brownwood's coming out party and you got front row seats. Consider yourselves lucky... ;)

Another thing you need to know about me. I am a homer, but I do call it for what it is. I have not been saying Brownwood is good because I want them to be, but because I knew they were and would prove it sooner or later. It came sooner. So, most of us Brownwood fans are not surprised about what happened Friday night, we are just surprised it came sooner, not later. Got it? Good. :D

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by espn1
It's never good to have a record set on your defense!
Thank you for reminding us! :p

Rocket
09-20-2008, 10:34 PM

For future reference, since RM is getting her buttons pushed by my our and your usage...I am talking about LH in every post on this thread.

Ranger Mom
09-20-2008, 10:38 PM
For future reference, since RM is getting her buttons pushed by my our and your usage...I am talking about LH in every post on this thread.

Good grief, if you think THAT is pushing my buttons, "you ain't seen nothing yet!!"

When someone quotes one of MY posts and says YOUR team.....I will automatically think Greenwood!!

So sorry if Mrs. Tiller (may she rest in peace) taught me proper grammar that I still use to this day!!:D

Rocket
09-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Good grief, if you think THAT is pushing my buttons, "you ain't seen nothing yet!!"

When someone quotes one of MY posts and says YOUR team.....I will automatically think Greenwood!!

So sorry if Mrs. Tiller (may she rest in peace) taught me proper grammar that I still use to this day!!:D

I rest my case.

Rocket
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Off topic for a sec - Did somebody see the thread that STR started called Is Rocket Still Alive? Did it get removed? I was about to tee off on that weirdo...

Ranger Mom
09-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Off topic for a sec - Did somebody see the thread that STR started called Is Rocket Still Alive? Did it get removed? I was about to tee off on that weirdo...

It got moved!

Come in the chat!!

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
But just like everything that streak will end. My money tells me Brownwood will be the one to end it in the rematch.

BEAST doubt it LH is young on defense and offense from what I hear. They'll be better once the season progresses

BEAST
09-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
doubt it LH is young on defense and offense from what I hear. They'll be better once the season progresses

Young? Out of the 22 starters I believe something like 2 are underclassmen. Quit grasping blue. It is ok to be scared. Try to control the knee knocking though.

BEAST

Runnin Panther
09-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Brownwood fans need to consider this angle on the game. Not sure of this, but Pachall may have had the greatest passing game in school history. Don't remember too many games with nearly 480 yards passing. However, it wasn't enough to win the game. Liberty Hill played a normal game offensively for them - lots of points and lots of yards rushing (over 500). One team played like they always do while the other had a school record night.

Ditto that! :clap:

Runnin Panther
09-21-2008, 10:35 AM
BS. Brownwood played to their potential. You need to realize that this team, in many ways, is learning as they go. Those that saw the Burnet and Sville games saw something familiar. We have hung 21 points in the 1st Quarter twice out of 4 games this season. Our potential was not being realized as far as putting offense together for 4 Quarters and this wasn't being hindered by the other team, but by Brownwood. I also made many references to opening up the playbook for LH, WHICH HAPPENED. What you witnessed was Brownwood's coming out party and you got front row seats. Consider yourselves lucky... ;)

Another thing you need to know about me. I am a homer, but I do call it for what it is. I have not been saying Brownwood is good because I want them to be, but because I knew they were and would prove it sooner or later. It came sooner. So, most of us Brownwood fans are not surprised about what happened Friday night, we are just surprised it came sooner, not later. Got it? Good. :D

Geez if I was looking at this for the first time I would have thought Bwood had won and LH had lost. I guess Bwood is feeling like a winner today by playing LH close. Good for you guys, ya’ll have a very good team.

Rocket how can you call BS for it being a record setting night for Bwood, I thought I read in the paper that it was.

We should consider ourselves lucky? LH has been doing this for a while now I think there is a little more than luck involved in our winning streak.

Just for the record LH will continue to learn grow and get better just like Bwood, so all I can say is careful what you wish for, a rematch may not be in the Woods best interest!

wimbo_pro
09-21-2008, 10:41 AM
BS. It came sooner. So, most of us Brownwood fans are not surprised about what happened Friday night, we are just surprised it came sooner, not later. Got it? Good. :D

Huh?? Wha?? Come again?? My head is spinning:crazy1:

So, most Brownwood fans are not surprised about losing Friday night? Or not surprised at losing but looking good WHILE losing...or are surprised you LOST Friday night sooner than you thought...or NOT surprised you DIDN'T WIN...or surprised you woulda won if only it happened sooner?

God help me...I really am trying here.:crazy1:

Silverback 04
09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Young? Out of the 22 starters I believe something like 2 are underclassmen. Quit grasping blue. It is ok to be scared. Try to control the knee knocking though.

BEAST

Young doesn't necessarily mean age. With the exception of 1 OL starter and the QB, the entire offense is new. They may be seniors but they have never started on Varsity, therefore, still learning and "young" in my that respect.

Silverback 04
09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Young doesn't necessarily mean age. With the exception of 1 OL starter and the QB, the entire offense is new. They may be seniors but they have never started on Varsity, therefore, still learning and "young" in my that respect.

Add the TE to that mix.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Huh?? Wha?? Come again?? My head is spinning:crazy1:

So, most Brownwood fans are not surprised about losing Friday night? Or not surprised at losing but looking good WHILE losing...or are surprised you LOST Friday night sooner than you thought...or NOT surprised you DIDN'T WIN...or surprised you woulda won if only it happened sooner?

God help me...I really am trying here.:crazy1:

Basically I am answering a post that said what we did Friday night was a fluke, and LH does what they do all the time. Nice try, wimbo.

I am talking about our performance on offense. Not SURPRISED to see us do what we did.

wimbo_pro
09-21-2008, 11:11 AM
OHhhhhh!!! I gotcha...I think.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2008, 11:11 AM

BEAST
You're right, we are scared of a team we just beat:D

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Geez if I was looking at this for the first time I would have thought Bwood had won and LH had lost. I guess Bwood is feeling like a winner today by playing LH close. Good for you guys, ya’ll have a very good team.

Rocket how can you call BS for it being a record setting night for Bwood, I thought I read in the paper that it was.

We should consider ourselves lucky? LH has been doing this for a while now I think there is a little more than luck involved in our winning streak.

Just for the record LH will continue to learn grow and get better just like Bwood, so all I can say is careful what you wish for, a rematch may not be in the Woods best interest!

Consider yourselves lucky for getting to watch our coming out party.

So no luck involved in your streak? BS.

LH will go down in a rematch. Most people agree with me on this one. You big homer. ;)

As far s the record setting night, did I not explain myself earlier? We have been hinting at doing what we did to LH all season. To score 21 points in the first quarter twice out of 4 games? We weren't putting it all together for 4 quarters. We did Friday night. Pachall is still averaging close to 4TD's a game. So no, not a big deal. PT and Shelby Miller have been making catches like that all season. Just not in that amount. We turned a corner Friday night. Watch out.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You're right, we are scared of a team we just beat:D

Enjoy it LH..it is almost over.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Consider yourselves lucky for getting to watch our coming out party.

So no luck involved in your streak? BS.

LH will go down in a rematch. Most people agree with me on this one. You big homer. ;)

It's really hard to make that assumption Rocket considering less than 48 hours ago we beat you:rolleyes: You JUST lost to us and you are already promising that you will win in a rematch? Come on now..Be glad you gave us the best game since the streak began and leave it at that. Ya'll gave it a good try:D

wimbo_pro
09-21-2008, 11:21 AM
It's really hard to make that assumption Rocket considering less than 48 hours ago we beat you:rolleyes: You JUST lost to us and you are already promising that you will win in a rematch? Come on now..Be glad you gave us the best game since the streak began and leave it at that. Ya'll gave it a good try:D

Exactly!!! No matter how you slice it, LH is the better team, by ANY measuring stick!! Except of course, the Rocket-Ruler.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Enjoy it LH..it is almost over.

It very well might be Rocket...but Brownwood had their chance this Friday and couldn't do it, so for now it keeps going:p

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM

It was a great game. Not gonna hang my head about it one bit. I am not trying to take anything away from your win, but it really just means you won a game and you get to continue your streak. Wowsers. Good for you!

You can put all your stock in winning every game. Just make sure you win the ones that count. LH will go down and I hope Brownwood gets to be the ones that do it.

Enjoy your winning while you can. I wouldn't go building a new stadium just yet. After you start losing, that should be just about right. :D

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Exactly!!! No matter how you slice it, LH is the better team, by ANY measuring stick!! Except of course, the Rocket-Ruler.

They were the better team Friday night. We'll see how it all plays out. You Panther Fan you...

Daddy D 11
09-21-2008, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't go building a new stadium just yet. After you start losing, that should be just about right. :D

So what are yall doing with your big ole' nice stadium then?
:thinking:

:evillol: :taunt: :stirpot:

Daddy D 11
09-21-2008, 11:30 AM
They were the better team Friday night. We'll see how it all plays out. You Panther Fan you...

So are you saying Brownwood is the better team?:D

And so what if he's a Panther Fan, he's just smart enough to be a bandwagoner lol it's about time you convert over to the winning side too:kiss:

Daddy D 11
09-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh and i'm driving through Brownwood today, want to meet up Rocket? I hate that i missed the game Friday and i want to meet your goofy a$$:D

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:38 AM
So are you saying Brownwood is the better team?:D

And so what if he's a Panther Fan, he's just smart enough to be a bandwagoner lol it's about time you convert over to the winning side too:kiss:

Does it matter who the better team is RIGHT NOW? You were the better team Friday night. That is all that matters.

daug
09-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Man, after reading some of the stuff rocket posts, I am thinking he needs a friend. You need to read some of the crap you are writing. No wonder 96.4% of the Downlow can't stand you. And then you say lol iwas just kidding. you are full of it. ya'll got beat move on. Not cool to bash other communities and fan bases. Like talking about their stadium. What a nincompoop!

Daddy D 11
09-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Does it matter who the better team is RIGHT NOW? You were the better team Friday night. That is all that matters.

AGREED:clap:

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by daug
Man, after reading some of the stuff rocket posts, I am thinking he needs a friend. You need to read some of the crap you are writing. No wonder 96.4% of the Downlow can't stand you. And then you say lol iwas just kidding. you are full of it. ya'll got beat move on. Not cool to bash other communities and fan bases. Like talking about their stadium. What a nincompoop!

Ignore me and I might go away...

Just jabbing at each other daug. Were you at the LH/Brownwood game? Didn't think so. I went and shook hands with all the people I talk to. It is all in fun and I haven't said just kidding in a long time. I also put my name on everything I post. What about you? You big chicken.

Rocket
09-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh and i'm driving through Brownwood today, want to meet up Rocket? I hate that i missed the game Friday and i want to meet your goofy a$$:D

I would have loved to meet you too... I live in Dallas and already came home. You dingleberry.

espn1
09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I would have loved to meet you too... I live in Dallas and already came home. You dingleberry. You guys will end up having a relationship!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 01:51 PM
daddy d is a shy school girl when it comes to M&G's

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11 It very well might be Rocket...but Brownwood had their chance this Friday and couldn't do it, so for now it keeps going:p

No LH will keep on rolling.....for a little while longer:cool: :cool:

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
WOW!!

That's all the words I have right now!

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
WOW!!

That's all the words I have right now!
This will come as a surprise, but I am not at a loss for words....just picking them wisely while trying to minimize.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
No LH will keep on rolling.....for a little while longer:cool: :cool: Till they run into the Snyder Tigers in the playoffs! ;)

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
This will come as a surprise, but I am not at a loss for words....just picking them wisely while trying to minimize.

I found some words on another thread...lol!

solocam
09-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Take it easy on Rocket,he is just having fun,i find his post very entertaining:clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Take it easy on Rocket,he is just having fun,i find his post very entertaining:clap:
I do too! And he's a nice guy who is a true fan of his team.

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by solocam

Extremely entertaining...I think his posts make me laugh more than anyone else's!!:D

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
I do too! And he's a nice guy who is a true fan of his team.

Don't you just sometimes hate that?? You read something on the board that makes you want to pull that persons head off at times, and then you meet them and they are just as nice as they can be!!!

Sure does make it hard to hold on to the antagonism. Rocket is just fun to go in circles with....even more so after I met him!:D

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Extremely entertaining...I think his posts make me laugh more than anyone else's!!:D Me too! Especially now that we've met him!

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I think Rocket is a brownwood version of me but only difference is he is a homer and I'm just a complete opposite of the normal :D

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I think Rocket is a brownwood version of me but only difference is he is a homer and I'm just a complete opposite of the normal :D

No matter how hard I try, I just don't see the comparison!!

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
well i tried

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm just a complete opposite of the normal :D
I would agree with that portion of your post. :p

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
:inlove: :nerd:

Rocket
09-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Don't you just sometimes hate that?? You read something on the board that makes you want to pull that persons head off at times, and then you meet them and they are just as nice as they can be!!!

Sure does make it hard to hold on to the antagonism. Rocket is just fun to go in circles with....even more so after I met him!:D

That's what i said! After you meet them, it is hard to get mad. You guys are all great and fun to talk to!

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll rip someones head off IDC!

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I'll rip someones head off IDC!

IDC?? As in the poster I_DONT_CARE? You wanna rip his head off?:confused:

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:50 PM
not the poster just that I don't care i'll rip someones head off
;)

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
not the poster just that I don't care i'll rip someones head off
;)

I knew what you meant! :p

If ever you decide you want to rip off BEAST's head, let me know and I will bring a stool!!:D :D :D

:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM

If ever you decide you want to rip of BEAST's head, let me know and I will bring a stool!!:D :D :D

:kiss:
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I'll bring a camcorder - instant youtube classic. :D

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:54 PM

If ever you decide you want to rip off BEAST's head, let me know and I will bring a stool!!:D :D :D

:kiss: psh.....ever hear the story of the chihuahua who beat the pit bull?

Or the turtle who beat the hare?

Ranger Mom
09-21-2008, 03:56 PM

Or the turtle who beat the hare?

You wanna race him??

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I think we'd both get to tired and give up haha

pirate4state
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM

:kiss: :spitlol: :spitlol:

BEAST
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Better bring a ladder. And perhaps someone who can actually begin to try. Go Blue is in fact a chihuahua but I aint never heard the story of the time it beat a pit bull.

BEAST

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Ya i made that up :( I have to have some kind of hope!!! :(

BEAST
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Blue you remind me of a gnat. You bug the hell out of everybody although you pose absoluetly no threat to anyone. Finally, when the person you are buzzing around gets real good and tired of you ultimately you get squashed.

BEAST

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Believe me they've tried....reincarnation rocks! ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Believe me they've tried....reincarnation rocks! ;)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It doesn't rock as much as you'd like to think.

Old Tiger
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It doesn't rock as much as you'd like to think. it beats no reincarnation ;)

Rocket
09-21-2008, 06:49 PM
it beats no reincarnation ;)

You came back as a turdhead. Congrats.

wimbo_pro
09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
turdhead...nincompoop...gnat...chihuaua...pit bull...turtle...and them RM saying she'll bring a stool...my god, what have we become?

BEAST
09-21-2008, 07:13 PM
You came back as a turdhead. Congrats.

No he's not quite big enough to be a full grown turd. More like a nugget.

BEAST

DDBooger
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
No he's not quite big enough to be a full grown turd. More like a nugget.

BEAST isn't that a dingleberry?:confused: :cool: :D you BW posters are entertaining! :) you know its funny most of the people who pick on yall aren't the teams yall played. I don't know if they're just jock riders or just enjoy messing with yall :confused: either way its entertaining :D Cowboys time, BOOGER OUT!

All out CAT
09-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
It was an awsome game, have only seen a few like that ........Reminds me of LH/Manor 2004, LH/Hutto 2005, LH/Wimberley 2006..........all out war......All you could want in a game.

Brownwood has the heart of a Lion (pun intended).....they never quit and were in constant pursuit.......I have a ton of respect for the players, coaches, and fans...... Pachall is a winner and tremendous athlete as was that #4 (receiver).

Great game.........

#10 impressed me the most, like a water bug. Fast, quick and dangerous.

firstcat
09-22-2008, 08:54 AM

Monday morning chime-in...couldn't get on this weekend!
I completely agree. I believe that everyone we meet this year will have their best game against us. I think that the "hype" of playing LH, builds momentum, and in any sport, I think that you tend to play "up" to a superior team....hold on a minute...

WITH THAT SAID...I can't remember a game that I have enjoyed as much as I enjoyed this one! Brownwood's QB was a pleasure to watch, and even though his accuracy takes some of the workload off the receivers, they were quite the athletes, and exciting to watch! Brownwood came to play, and that did just that. They should be proud...both teams should.

I really enjoyed meeting those of you that I had not met before, and enjoyed seeing those that I had!
Rocket, you and your fellow Woodsmen are class acts!
IT's been fun!

firstcat
09-22-2008, 09:02 AM
We have been hinting at doing what we did to LH all season. To score 21 points in the first quarter twice out of 4 games? We weren't putting it all together for 4 quarters. We did Friday night.

Careful Rocket...somebody should have warned you that peaking early is not a good thing...

firstcat
09-22-2008, 09:03 AM
It was a great game. Not gonna hang my head about it one bit. I am not trying to take anything away from your win, but it really just means you won a game and you get to continue your streak. Wowsers. Good for you!

You can put all your stock in winning every game. Just make sure you win the ones that count. LH will go down and I hope Brownwood gets to be the ones that do it.

Enjoy your winning while you can. I wouldn't go building a new stadium just yet. After you start losing, that should be just about right. :D

The "NEXT" game is the ONLY game that counts.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
Monday morning chime-in...couldn't get on this weekend!
I completely agree. I believe that everyone we meet this year will have their best game against us. I think that the "hype" of playing LH, builds momentum, and in any sport, I think that you tend to play "up" to a superior team....hold on a minute...

WITH THAT SAID...I can't remember a game that I have enjoyed as much as I enjoyed this one! Brownwood's QB was a pleasure to watch, and even though his accuracy takes some of the workload off the receivers, they were quite the athletes, and exciting to watch! Brownwood came to play, and that did just that. They should be proud...both teams should.

I really enjoyed meeting those of you that I had not met before, and enjoyed seeing those that I had!
Rocket, you and your fellow Woodsmen are class acts!
IT's been fun!

firstcat-
It was a pleasure to meet you too!
You are a sweetie.

BwdLions
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Unfortunatley I wasn't able to watch this classic matchup Friday night. Congrats to LH on the win. Congrats to the Lions for hanging in there until the end.

clemsmarina
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
The LH secondary has always been a concern, and this is absolutely nothing new...

That being said, the LH secondary has always improved as the season progresses, and that will be the major difference if LH and BW meet again.

By the way, #4 for BW is one of the best receivers I've seen since Shipley was at Burnet. Kid has got some serious hands!!!

I did have some concerns about #7 and #45 for BW, as they both took serious blows, and I am hoping they are both doing ok.

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
I did have some concerns about #7 and #45 for BW, as they both took serious blows, and I am hoping they are both doing ok.

Did Lattimore get a hold of 'em? :devil:

firstcat
09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
firstcat-
You are a sweetie.

Thanks!:blush:

Rocket
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
The LH secondary has always been a concern, and this is absolutely nothing new...

That being said, the LH secondary has always improved as the season progresses, and that will be the major difference if LH and BW meet again.

By the way, #4 for BW is one of the best receivers I've seen since Shipley was at Burnet. Kid has got some serious hands!!!

Good points on the improvement for LH in the secondary as the season progresses. I don't think there was bad play at secondary, they were outmatched as far as height, hands, and perfectly thrown balls. They were always there (well most of the time) but just couldn't make plays because of the reasons listed before. Our play calling was pretty lethal on offense as well as was LH's. The OC's did a great job of exploiting each team's defense.

Brownwood is known for doing the same thing. Our defense gets better and better as the season progresses. Especially this season with underclassmen and Soph's starting throughout. We will be alot better at stopping the run by the time we see LH again, if it comes to that. And we will have seen the Slot T and be able to stop it more consistently. Our kids were finally learning to stop the trap toward the end of the game.

#4 and #5 are both mosnter WR's. You may be able to cover them 2, but #10 will hurt you underneath. This week Brownwood starts working on the running game on the bye then Manor? and then Wylie.

I know #7 had a concussion. I haven't heard his status as of today.

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 11:24 AM

This week Brownwood starts working on the running game on the bye then Manor? and then Wylie.

I was thinking that too...that a better running game would make BW just that much more lethal.

Lion_Addict
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I know #7 had a concussion. I haven't heard his status as of today.

"Bubby's" little bro was at our house yesterday and said he is doing good :thumbsup:

clemsmarina
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
"Bubby's" little bro was at our house yesterday and said he is doing good :thumbsup:

Good!!! Glad they are doing ok. :clap:

Those 2 kids getting hit as hard as they did had me more worried than our secondary.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I was thinking that too...that a better running game would make BW just that much more lethal.

This is the first year we have had a lethal passing attack. Once we got down in the LH game, we just kept hitting it and hitting it on the big pass plays. Brownwood is traditionally a hard running team. We run the spread, of course, but we usually have a strong running attack. It should start emerging this next game against Manor. You know when the passing attack is there, the running game becomes wide open... BWAHAHAAHHAHAHHA!

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 12:56 PM
This is the first year we have had a lethal passing attack. Once we got down in the LH game, we just kept hitting it and hitting it on the big pass plays. Brownwood is traditionally a hard running team. We run the spread, of course, but we usually have a strong running attack. It should start emerging this next game against Manor. You know when the passing attack is there, the running game becomes wide open... BWAHAHAAHHAHAHHA!

LETHAL???? Good, Excellent, Exciting, Productive, Prolific........ any of those...... but LETHAL?????

I've never heard so much bragging after a loss in my life. ANd I noticed that the 2 WR's are 6'5 now. I know a month ago after ya'lls scrimmage they were 6'4. I hope our game with ya'll hurries up and gets here, or they'll be 6'8.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :taunt: :taunt:

Rocket
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
LETHAL???? Good, Excellent, Exciting, Productive, Prolific........ any of those...... but LETHAL?????

I've never heard so much bragging after a loss in my life. ANd I noticed that the 2 WR's are 6'5 now. I know a month ago after ya'lls scrimmage they were 6'4. I hope our game with ya'll hurries up and gets here, or they'll be 6'8.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :taunt: :taunt:

Hey nobogey, did you go to the Frenship game? Does Frenship run a spread? Oh I hope they do...

Good observation on the 6'5 WR's...

Pachall 6'5
Miller 6'5
Taylor 6'4
Holleman 5'7
Average - 6'10

espn1
09-22-2008, 02:33 PM

I've never heard so much bragging after a loss in my life. ANd I noticed that the 2 WR's are 6'5 now. I know a month ago after ya'lls scrimmage they were 6'4. I hope our game with ya'll hurries up and gets here, or they'll be 6'8.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :taunt: :taunt: LMAO!

Looking4number8
09-22-2008, 02:34 PM
ANd I noticed that the 2 WR's are 6'5 now. I know a month ago after ya'lls scrimmage they were 6'4. I hope our game with ya'll hurries up and gets here, or they'll be 6'8.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :taunt: :taunt:

Hey, they are teenage boys.. they could still be growning!

BwdLion_80
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
ANd I noticed that the 2 WR's are 6'5 now. I know a month ago after ya'lls scrimmage they were 6'4.

Heck, they are growing more and more each day!:eek: :eek: :thinking: :thinking: :p :p

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 02:37 PM

as a spectator of the game with no ties I do think #4 for B-Wood is closer to 6'6 then 6'4..no matter the size for someone that tall the kid has great control of his body and amazing hands

Rocket
09-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
as a spectator of the game with no ties I do think #4 for B-Wood is closer to 6'6 then 6'4..no matter the size for someone that tall the kid has great control of his body and amazing hands

Unless you have seen Brownwood's Offense, it is hard to comprehend. Even in the first few games, we have seen some outstanding catches. Don't worry nobogey, Wylie will get a LETHAL dose soon enough.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Unless you have seen Brownwood's Offense, it is hard to comprehend. Even in the first few games, we have seen some outstanding catches. Don't worry nobogey, Wylie will get a LETHAL dose soon enough.

not really THAT hard to "comprehend" Rocket..u have a D-1 QB with two tall WRs and a spark plug slot WR...B-Wood is not reinventing the spread, or creating something never seen before...Geez...throw ur team a compliment you turn it into OMG THIS OFFENSE HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Hey nobogey, did you go to the Frenship game? Does Frenship run a spread? Oh I hope they do...

Good observation on the 6'5 WR's...

Pachall 6'5
Miller 6'5
Taylor 6'4
Holleman 5'7
Average - 6'10

Wrong Rocket...if you're going to brag...add them up

AVERAGE PLAYER FOR BROWNWOOD = 32' 31" TALL

Rocket
09-22-2008, 04:45 PM
not really THAT hard to "comprehend" Rocket..u have a D-1 QB with two tall WRs and a spark plug slot WR...B-Wood is not reinventing the spread, or creating something never seen before...Geez...throw ur team a compliment you turn it into OMG THIS OFFENSE HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE

Man... I wasn't even going there.
I was just making a point that because of our record, alot of people don't think we have much because we haven't been producing that much on offense. Those 2 WR's are something special. Didn't you think I was blowing smoke until you saw them?

Calm down. I am not saying WOW look at us! If anything I am sending the warning shot to Wylie and agreeing with you.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Is this thread ever going to die????????????????? Good Lord.:D

BEAST

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 04:53 PM

OMG!:eek: Yawl run the spread? I didn't know that. That's that new scheme where there are lots of WR and out of the shotgun? OH NO. We've never played anyone like that before. I don't think I can even "comprehend" that. Hey Rocket----spread this!!!!!:stirpot: :taunt: :sleeping:

garciap77
09-22-2008, 05:04 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

garciap77
09-22-2008, 05:05 PM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

garciap77
09-22-2008, 05:10 PM
firstcat-
You are a sweetie.

Originally posted by firstcat
Thanks!:blush:

Get a room!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

;) ;) ;)

garciap77
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Man... I wasn't even going there.
I was just making a point that because of our record, alot of people don't think we have much because we haven't been producing that much on offense. Those 2 WR's are something special. Didn't you think I was blowing smoke until you saw them?

Calm down. I am not saying WOW look at us! If anything I am sending the warning shot to Wylie and agreeing with you.

Rocket we have played you the last two years, remember! We know what you are bring to Wylie! I'm sure we will be ready for you. No need for a warning shot! Just bring it!:D

Rocket
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Rocket we have played you the last two years, remember! We know what you are bring to Wylie! I'm sure we will be ready for you. No need for a warning shot! Just bring it!:D

Garcia..you are a funny little rascal. But no son, you have no idea what Brownwood is bringing to the table. Not this year. In the words of Coolio, "We got sumthin' brand new for your a**".

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM

Good lord, even Garcia is smack talkin' now...

The world has gone insane....

DaHop72
09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Good lord, even Garcia is smack talkin' now...

See what you started, now look at the bad influence you've been on the downlow. You've helped turn garciap from a nice poster to a trash talker. I hope you are proud of yourself.:devil: :devil:

Rocket
09-22-2008, 06:02 PM
OMG!:eek: Yawl run the spread? I didn't know that. That's that new scheme where there are lots of WR and out of the shotgun? OH NO. We've never played anyone like that before. I don't think I can even "comprehend" that. Hey Rocket----spread this!!!!!:stirpot: :taunt: :sleeping:

Yeah we run the spread. The only difference is we run it with D-1 Talent. Does Frenship run the spread?

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah we run the spread. The only difference is we run it with D-1 Talent. Does Frenship run the spread?

Hush Rocket. You're 1 and 3....act like it.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Hush Rocket. You're 1 and 3....act like it.

NEVER!!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 06:36 PM
NEVER!!!!
BUZZER!!! The correct answer is "shut up wimpy". ;)

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 06:38 PM

HaHaHa...sometimes, LHPM, you crack me up.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 06:41 PM

Tried that..didn't work.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Tried that..didn't work.
:p I didn't say it would work, just that it's the correct answer. :D

Super_R
09-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Here is my take on the game. Brownwood played a freaking great offensive ball game. I have not seen that type of passer and group of catchers together in 3A ever. They were virtually unstoppable. They would have been able to beat the rest of the teams in 3A on Sept. 19th.

Was brownwood our toughest opponent so far this year? No...and here is why. They were only able to stop us once. Giddings and AW each made us punt...maybe twice each.

Back to the offensive attack by the Lions. I thought that 90% of the time the defense was in perfect position to make the play. But, that 6 to 4, 6 to 5, and 6 to 10 combinations were phenominal. I don't think they will be able to repeat tht kind of performance again.

The Panthers offensive attack was status quo. In other words it was unstoppable. What we saw was what was expected. There were a few more long breakaway runs than normal...but, the results were as expected.

It's been brought up that the pic 6's were the difference in the game. On the 1st one it was 3rd and forever...say it was an inc pass...next comes the punt and 5 or 6 plays later it would have been 6 anyway. Then later in the game...on the 2nd pic 6. We were inside the 30...and fumbled...we would have scored. In other words, our defense kept our offense from scoring 2 more touchdowns.

I am not worried in the least about our secondary for 2 reasons...1: We are getting better each week...2: We will not see another arial attack like that again...ever.

To Rocket and Beast...you are a fun couple. I had fun jacking with y'all last week. You have a good ball club to support. I wish you guys the best of luck throughout district play.

duckpluck
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Super R
I agree.
I have seen the bashing of the DBs here on this thread and how the Panthers couldnt stop them. I dont know on this night if anyone could have stopped them. Best passing I have seen at this level to. Most of the plays our DBs where in the right position but were just too short. The pass was in the perfect position where the shorter DBs could not get a hand on it.
Go ahead, they know your gonna try to throw it on them. Better be perfect.

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Here is my take on the game. Brownwood played a freaking great offensive ball game. I have not seen that type of passer and group of catchers together in 3A ever. They were virtually unstoppable. They would have been able to beat the rest of the teams in 3A on Sept. 19th.

Was brownwood our toughest opponent so far this year? No...and here is why. They were only able to stop us once. Giddings and AW each made us punt...maybe twice each.

Back to the offensive attack by the Lions. I thought that 90% of the time the defense was in perfect position to make the play. But, that 6 to 4, 6 to 5, and 6 to 10 combinations were phenominal. I don't think they will be able to repeat tht kind of performance again.

The Panthers offensive attack was status quo. In other words it was unstoppable. What we saw was what was expected. There were a few more long breakaway runs than normal...but, the results were as expected.

It's been brought up that the pic 6's were the difference in the game. On the 1st one it was 3rd and forever...say it was an inc pass...next comes the punt and 5 or 6 plays later it would have been 6 anyway. Then later in the game...on the 2nd pic 6. We were inside the 30...and fumbled...we would have scored. In other words, our defense kept our offense from scoring 2 more touchdowns.

I am not worried in the least about our secondary for 2 reasons...1: We are getting better each week...2: We will not see another arial attack like that again...ever.

To Rocket and Beast...you are a fun couple. I had fun jacking with y'all last week. You have a good ball club to support. I wish you guys the best of luck throughout district play.

Hey, we made you punt 3 times!!!!!!

espn1
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM

To Rocket and Beast...you are a fun couple. I had fun jacking with y'all last week. You have a good ball club to support. I wish you guys the best of luck throughout district play. What if you have to play again? I know the playing is done on the field! But, what I believe B'wood learned in the second qtr. could cost you the game the next time you meet! They absolutely destroyed LH's corner backs! Take a few Qb mistakes away next meeting and adjust the D and you have a W for the Wood!

LHexPlayer
09-22-2008, 08:00 PM

Spot on SuperR.:clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Super R
I agree.
I have seen the bashing of the DBs here on this thread and how the Panthers couldnt stop them. I dont know on this night if anyone could have stopped them. Best passing I have seen at this level to. Most of the plays our DBs where in the right position but were just too short. The pass was in the perfect position where the shorter DBs could not get a hand on it.
Go ahead, they know your gonna try to throw it on them. Better be perfect.
Ditto to both you & Super R. :iagree: :iagree: Funny (not really) how being 6" or so shorter supposedly makes someone weak.

I said the other day that they reminded me of Shipley/McGee "back in the day". You guys have more knowledge than I, so I will defer to you in the "BEST" category. If they are "on" during district like Friday night, woah Nellie!

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 08:03 PM
What if you have to play again?
Why would anyone be worried about that right now? We haven't even had a district game. :doh: :doh:

Super_R
09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
What if you have to play again? I know the playing is done on the field! But, what I believe B'wood learned in the second qtr. could cost you the game the next time you meet! They absolutely destroyed LH's corner backs! Take a few Qb mistakes away next meeting and adjust the D and you have a W for the Wood!

What DID they learn in the 2nd quarter indeed? I don't think they learned a thing. They definitely didn't learn anything defensively. They just got on Fire on offense like you will never see again...and because of that I am not worried.

I don't blame you guys for hoping...without out hope what fun would this be.

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Careful my friends....when one takes the "it was inevitable we were gonna win anyways..." attitude as seen in Super's post, you are setting yourself up for a huge fall.

It's posts like this that make people hope you DO lose.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
What DID they learn in the 2nd quarter indeed? I don't think they learned a thing. They definitely didn't learn anything defensively. They just got on Fire on offense like you will never see again...and because of that I am not worried.

I don't blame you guys for hoping...without out hope what fun would this be.

Well, we learned that its ok to air it out and let our WR's make plays. We have the QB and we have the WR's- just let her fly. Were they all perfect passes? NO. The WR's made them look that way. 7 on 7 does help!

As far as never seeing it again. You better hope that's true. My argument is this. We have scored 21 points in the first Quarter twice, doing similar things. What has hindered us from doing more of that is poor execution. Brownwood has the explosiveness to repeat this. We put together a whole game (well some want to argue 3 Quarters and if so that is scary). Brownwood has been a run focused team for a long time. We have never had the weapons that we do now. The coaches have to gain confidence to make those play calls. We have seen our WR's make those plays before, we just haven't seen them get that many chances. Alot of things happened Friday night that will help give Brownwood a true identity. All we have left is the run game, which we will put together.

You are a bold one Super R and you are entitled to your opinion. But as far as never seeing that again? All we need is another weak secondary like we saw against LH, and it could easily be repeated. Remember, all of our scoring wasn't our big WR's out jumping your midgets, it was #10 and other great catches that set up easy TD's and great play-calling. Most 3A CB's are midgets aren't they? Not stereotyping, but it seems that way. Compared to 6-4 and 6-5, 5-9 and shorter is a midget. I also remember Pachall breaking a 50 yard run for a TD as well. Time will tell on what Brownwood's offense will do. That's the problem with a good passing attack, it opens up the run.

Both Brownwood and LH have suspect defenses, RIGHT NOW. I know for a fact that both will be playing better by the middle of district and the playoffs. As far as what will happen if we play again, nothing to worry about for now, but unless LH plans on recruiting 2 6-5 Cornerbacks, I see the same thing happening, probably much worse. It will be another shootout and this time it would probably be a safe bet that Pachall won't be so kind.

Not trying to stir things up, just telling you my .02 cents. You got the floor and I got my turn.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 08:36 PM

I promise you we can do it again and better. That was not a once in a lifetime thing, instead that was the first time we unleashed it. Let go of the running game and just went total vertical. Imagine if dont misfire from the 10 on fourth down. Imagine if the bomb that was caught just before half was just 2 yards longer. Imagine if the QB just eats it and dont give up 2 pick 6s. Imagine if the ref didnt throw the flag when we got the onside kick. You think we played our best offensively, I think we missed a ton of opportunities. The thing is our defense had never seen that kind of slot t. We have now, we will be more prepared shall we meet again. Yalls offense is tricky to stop. But, if we play again, we will slow it down. Our offense is not tricky, with your secondary being so small we could have done that for 15 overtimes. You cant stop the fade to the corner of the endzone. Not that they didnt try, the effort was there. Not that they are not good athletes, they are. The problem is they cant get up 10' in the air. Also, next time we will not be using 2 JV olineman. Just my thoughts.

BEAST

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I promise you we can do it again and better. That was not a once in a lifetime thing, instead that was the first time we unleashed it. Let go of the running game and just went total vertical. Imagine if dont misfire from the 10 on fourth down. Imagine if the bomb that was caught just before half was just 2 yards longer. Imagine if the QB just eats it and dont give up 2 pick 6s. Imagine if the ref didnt throw the flag when we got the onside kick. You think we played our best offensively, I think we missed a ton of opportunities. The thing is our defense had never seen that kind of slot t. We have now, we will be more prepared shall we meet again. Yalls offense is tricky to stop. But, if we play again, we will slow it down. Our offense is not tricky, with your secondary being so small we could have done that for 15 overtimes. You cant stop the fade to the corner of the endzone. Not that they didnt try, the effort was there. Not that they are not good athletes, they are. The problem is they cant get up 10' in the air. Also, next time we will not be using 2 JV olineman. Just my thoughts.

BEAST :rolleyes:

Dang, Beast! You got more "imagines" in there than John Lennon. I always "imagined" that if my uncle hadn't had "nads" he'd have been my aunt. :rolleyes: :D

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
:rolleyes:

Dang, Beast! You got more "imagines" in there than John Lennon. I always "imagined" that if my uncle hadn't had "nads" he'd have been my aunt. :rolleyes: :D

"Imagine there's no defense...."

LHexPlayer
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM

When you're 1-3 "Imagine there's no playoffs"

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
hahahahahahahaha

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM

That's probably what it looked like to both Off. Coord.'s last Friday. :thinking:

solocam
09-22-2008, 09:01 PM
The Wood will light up manors Secondary this week,Big Time

BEAST
09-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Just making my point that we had a ton of chances to do more damage. Everyone comes off that we played the perfect game offensively, 3 turnovers leading to 21 points for them isnt perfect. Just imagine.:D

BEAST

Rocket
09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer

Don't talk about Wimberley like that. Wow, that was a low blow. And after wimbo_panther converted to LH. Where is the loyalty? Wimbo has panther jock juice all over his nose.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 09:08 PM

Oh there will be playoffs. There is still a certain winning streak we have to break.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
09-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh there will be playoffs. There is still a certain winning streak we have to break.

BEAST

I would worry about the certain losing streak you have to break first. Who says I was talking about you? It's not always about Brownwood around here.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 09:13 PM
It's not always about Brownwood around here.

Could have fooled me...

We will get a win this week. Count on it. Bye has an infinity losing streak going on and I feel confident about our chances.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I would worry about the certain losing streak you have to break first. Who says I was talking about you? It's not always about Brownwood around here.

You are correct. I didnt see who you quoted. Why in the world do you people eat your own? I thought Wimbo was a die hard Panther.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Don't talk about Wimberley like that. Wow, that was a low blow. And after wimbo_panther converted to LH. Where is the loyalty? Wimbo has panther jock juice all over his nose.

Now that is just plain mean.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Now that is just plain mean.

Need a hanky?:D

BEAST

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I would worry about the certain losing streak you have to break first.

:eek: BURN.

BEAST
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
:eek: BURN.

Like we did your secondary?:p

BEAST

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Like we did your secondary?:p

BEAST

Who cares:confused:
We still scored more points than you did, so you didn't do quite good enough. But good try:clap:

garciap77
09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Garcia..you are a funny little rascal. But no son, you have no idea what Brownwood is bringing to the table. Not this year. In the words of Coolio, "We got sumthin' brand new for your a**".

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

http://www.bobified.com/malin/smileys/smiley_dramaqueen.gif

Crap... nevermind guys... Brownwood sucks.

You are going to leave with your tail between your legs! And you won't have to worry about meeting us in the play-off either Coolio!:D

garciap77
09-22-2008, 09:33 PM
NEVER!!!!

Crap... nevermind guys... Brownwood sucks.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Who cares:confused:
We still scored more points than you did, so you didn't do quite good enough. But good try:clap:

Doesn't mean you are clearly the better team. Not even close. You scored more points than us on Friday night, that's about it. Your fans were scared witless and I can see it is still affecting you by your lame posts.:rolleyes:

LHexPlayer
09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Doesn't mean you are clearly the better team. Not even close. You scored more points than us on Friday night, that's about it. Your fans were scared witless and I can see it is still affecting you by your lame posts.:rolleyes:

Nope we are the better team. Won the game. Yep we are the better team. Win some games and come back. Maybe we will let you play again.:D

garciap77
09-22-2008, 09:40 PM

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Easy Rocket, Easy!:D :D :D

What got you started??????????????

sinton66
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Geez....this topic is SO last week.:D

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 09:58 PM

How in the world are we not the better team? :confused: We beat you head to head, there's no other way to prove that you are the better team.

garciap77
09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
How in the world are we not the better team? :confused: We beat you head to head, there's no other way to prove that you are the better team.

Maybe after we beat them! Then, Rocket will realize game over!

LH beats Wylie.

Wylie beats La Vega.

La Vega beats Brownwood.

And Brownwood is still the better team!:confused:

espn1
09-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, we learned that its ok to air it out and let our WR's make plays. We have the QB and we have the WR's- just let her fly. Were they all perfect passes? NO. The WR's made them look that way. 7 on 7 does help!

As far as never seeing it again. You better hope that's true. My argument is this. We have scored 21 points in the first Quarter twice, doing similar things. What has hindered us from doing more of that is poor execution. Brownwood has the explosiveness to repeat this. We put together a whole game (well some want to argue 3 Quarters and if so that is scary). Brownwood has been a run focused team for a long time. We have never had the weapons that we do now. The coaches have to gain confidence to make those play calls. We have seen our WR's make those plays before, we just haven't seen them get that many chances. Alot of things happened Friday night that will help give Brownwood a true identity. All we have left is the run game, which we will put together.

You are a bold one Super R and you are entitled to your opinion. But as far as never seeing that again? All we need is another weak secondary like we saw against LH, and it could easily be repeated. Remember, all of our scoring wasn't our big WR's out jumping your midgets, it was #10 and other great catches that set up easy TD's and great play-calling. Most 3A CB's are midgets aren't they? Not stereotyping, but it seems that way. Compared to 6-4 and 6-5, 5-9 and shorter is a midget. I also remember Pachall breaking a 50 yard run for a TD as well. Time will tell on what Brownwood's offense will do. That's the problem with a good passing attack, it opens up the run.

Both Brownwood and LH have suspect defenses, RIGHT NOW. I know for a fact that both will be playing better by the middle of district and the playoffs. As far as what will happen if we play again, nothing to worry about for now, but unless LH plans on recruiting 2 6-5 Cornerbacks, I see the same thing happening, probably much worse. It will be another shootout and this time it would probably be a safe bet that Pachall won't be so kind.

Not trying to stir things up, just telling you my .02 cents. You got the floor and I got my turn. Don't mention a weak secondary you'll get called out!

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 10:11 PM

LH beats Wylie.

Wylie beats La Vega.

La Vega beats Brownwood.

Let's not forget...LH BEATS BROWNWOOD.
Even when everything "clicked" for the Lions and they had a "coming out" party it still wasnt enough:hand:

(Already talked to Jared Wallace today and we will both be at the Brownwood-Abilene Wylie game..sitting on the Brownwood side:eek: :D) So I will finally get to meet all you clowns:p

Ranger Mom
09-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Geez....this topic is SO last week.:D

LOL!! This would have been the perfect thread for this smilie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/signwelcome.gif

garciap77
09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Even when everything "clicked" for the Lions and they had a "coming out" party it still wasnt enough:hand:

(Already talked to Jared Wallace today and we will both be at the Brownwood-Abilene Wylie game..sitting on the Brownwood side:eek: :D) So I will finally get to meet all you clowns:p

daddy d is a shy school girl when it comes to M&G's

:D :D :D :D

Rocket
09-22-2008, 10:17 PM

LH beats Wylie.

Wylie beats La Vega.

La Vega beats Brownwood.

Ok the we beat them and they beat them so if we beat them then we are better than them???

Not logical... it is all about matchups.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 10:18 PM

Everything clicked?

2 Pick 6 and we still hung? You didn't put us away. You beat us last Friday night.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 10:19 PM

So the best team ALWAYS wins? LOL Laughing hard at that one...

sinton66
09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
LOL!! This would have been the perfect thread for this smilie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/signwelcome.gif :thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 10:20 PM
He doesnt know what he is talking about. All the meet and greats last year i was on the field the whole game. I scrambled and made the Navasota and Gilmer games M&G's only because of my love for LHPM:inlove: And at the Wylie game i was busy "aquanting" myself with some lady friends from Wylie:D And i REALLY wanted to go to the Brownwood game but couldn't because of practice. So hah:taunt:
I'm really a stand up guy, when able, I will be there:2thumbsup

Rocket
09-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Lets shut her down guys...Time to move on...

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Everything clicked?

2 Pick 6 and we still hung? You didn't put us away. You beat us last Friday night.

Who cares if we put you away or not?:thinking:
We could have came "storming" back from 40 down in the fourth quarter and won the game on a last second field goal and it still would have been a WIN for LH and a LOSS for Brownwood. You can slice it any way you want, yall had a great game and still came up short, stinks...but it's the truth:)

Hey we fumbled in the red zone and gave you a chance..but our horrible defense stepped up and got us 12 points when we needed it. Something that your defense did not. It's about doing whatever it takes to win a game and Liberty Hill did that.

Rocket
09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Who cares if we put you away or not?:thinking:
We could have came "storming" back from 40 down in the fourth quarter and won the game on a last second field goal and it still would have been a WIN for LH and a LOSS for Brownwood. You can slice it any way you want, yall had a great game and still came up short, stinks...but it's the truth:)

Hey we fumbled in the red zone and gave you a chance..but our horrible defense stepped up and got us 12 points when we needed it. Something that your defense did not. It's about doing whatever it takes to win a game and Liberty Hill did that.

Good point...LET IT REST!!!!

Daddy D 11
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Good point...LET IT REST!!!!

okay:kiss: Are you coming to Abilene for the game in 2 weeks? It's 3 minutes from campus so I will be there..think i can get a maroon shirt with a big ole' lion on it? I love yalls logo.:D

Rocket
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
okay:kiss: Are you coming to Abilene for the game in 2 weeks? It's 3 minutes from campus so I will be there..think i can get a maroon shirt with a big ole' lion on it? I love yalls logo.:D

Sorry.. Don't have any t-shirts for you.
Yes I will be there. Wouldn't miss it.

nobogey72
09-23-2008, 06:54 AM
He doesnt know what he is talking about. All the meet and greats last year i was on the field the whole game. I scrambled and made the Navasota and Gilmer games M&G's only because of my love for LHPM:inlove: And at the Wylie game i was busy "aquanting" myself with some lady friends from Wylie:D And i REALLY wanted to go to the Brownwood game but couldn't because of practice. So hah:taunt:
I'm really a stand up guy, when able, I will be there:2thumbsup

I've got to defend my buddy Daddy D here. He showed up at my office one day here in Abilene and we visited for an hour. And, that was before the AW-LH game. Did you not see where he said he was acquainting himself with some Wylie girls. M&G's are great, but he had a better deal working. BTW Daddy D, how did that meeting with the Wylie Girls work out for you? If you get a chance, ask them if they have any available mothers or grandmothers. My ol' lady is gettin on my nerves here lately.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2008, 07:45 AM
I've got to defend my buddy Daddy D here. He showed up at my office one day here in Abilene and we visited for an hour. And, that was before the AW-LH game. Did you not see where he said he was acquainting himself with some Wylie girls. M&G's are great, but he had a better deal working. BTW Daddy D, how did that meeting with the Wylie Girls work out for you? If you get a chance, ask them if they have any available mothers or grandmothers. My ol' lady is gettin on my nerves here lately.

I don't know about the Wylie girls...but I did see him exchanging phone numbers with a girl, who was sitting with me, that goes to McMurray too.

You go Daddy-O!!:)

All out CAT
09-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Rocket wrote:

That same "weak" secondary is what "beat" your lions on friday. I didn't want to do this, but there it is. Two interceptions = Lion's lose.

"Midgets?" Rocket, now I sat beside one of your Brownwooder's and was told that you weren't even taller than our PAT kicker #25. Come on now!

Rocket
09-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Rocket wrote:

That same "weak" secondary is what "beat" your lions on friday. I didn't want to do this, but there it is. Two interseptions = Lion's lose.

"Midgets?" Rocket, now I sat beside one of your Brownwooder's and was told that you weren't even taller than our PAT kicker #25. Come on now!

Cool. You got me. Let's move on.

I am 5-9 and yes I am a midget standing next to our QB and 2 WR's.

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2008, 08:22 AM

That same "weak" secondary is what "beat" your lions on friday. I didn't want to do this, but there it is. Two interseptions = Lion's lose.

actually it was a LB and I think DL that got the two interceptions

sorry but with the yards B-Wood put up thru the air you cannot tell me your secondary were not burned on a regular basis

All out CAT
09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
actually it was a LB and I think DL that got the two interceptions

sorry but with the yards B-Wood put up thru the air you cannot tell me your secondary were not burned on a regular basis

#3 is a free safety, #21 is LB

Not burned, out sized. They were there 90% of the time and those receivers had great hands.

Rocket
09-23-2008, 08:28 AM

So who is Daddy D 11 taking to Wylie Homecoming? Does he have his mum ordered yet? Good grief..:rolleyes:

I remember when I went to games to hit on girls. I was like 15-18.
In the words of Randy Galloway, "Watch the Da** Game!"

Lion_Addict
09-23-2008, 08:28 AM
They just got on Fire on offense like you will never see again.

I don't think they will be able to repeat that kind of performance again.

Keep seeing this same talk over & over from you. You're saying that Brownwood will not be able to repeat this kinda performance again whatsoever against other teams? Or am I misunderstanding this and you mean we won't be able to repeat it against Liberty Hill? Either way.......WRONG!
That was only the beginning. There's gonna be plenty more where that came from, and I just don't believe there's gonna be a "D" that can do a stinkin thing about it......including the mighty Wylie Bullfrogs :devil: :stirpot:

LHPfactory
09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Everything clicked?

I have noticed alot of noise about the two pick for 6s by LH. Remember they both followed fumbles by LH............I guess you think Brownwood would have somehow stopped those offensive drives?.............If anything it was helpful to Brownwood because it didnt allow LH to eat the clock with offensive possessions that would have resulted in scores anyway. I also noticed alot of uncalled holding/tackling by the Brownwood offensive line. Not to mention that Brownwood got multiple attempts at an on sides kick......They played close, however, The better team will usually find a way to have more points when the 4th expires.......and they did.

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2008, 08:54 AM
#3 is a free safety, #21 is LB

Not burned, out sized. They were there 90% of the time and those receivers had great hands.

thanks, could not remember what position they were playing

outsized, or burned, B-Wood was still effective and basically threw the ball at will

BwdLions
09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
It's time to let this thread die. It was a great game. LH beat Brownwood this time around. Good job to both the Panthers and the Lions. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
09-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
It's time to let this thread die. It was a great game. LH beat Brownwood this time around. Good job to both the Panthers and the Lions. :thumbsup:

I have to agree!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/closed_2.gif

pirate4state
09-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Thank goodness!! I started reading the last two pages and found myself :rolleyes: alot!

This thread is a perfect example of why my idea rocks! ;)