5. Commerce
6. La Grange
7. Giddings
8. Newton
9. Perryton
10. Vernon

tsgmitcher
12-28-2001, 01:57 PM
CoolPapa, I like your rankings although I might slide Commerce in a 4 or 3. Love the username too.

left2soon
12-28-2001, 03:02 PM
still amazes me that after watching the play-offs, not just 3a but all classifications, you west texas folks think that you can play with the teams here in region 2. what about gladewater..what about winnsboro..what about wilmer-hutchins?? do you honestly think that region 2 only had everman, forney and commerce? it's pretty clear to the educated..the best football is in region 2... and for the most part...always has been.

CoolPoppaBell
12-28-2001, 05:39 PM
It amazes me you go by your opinion instead of facts. Gladewater lost to Commerce 14 -10. Commerce lost to Alvarado (region I_ 14 - 13 in regular season. Alvarado was destroyed by Aledo (region I) 35-10. Vernon (Region I) defeated Aledo 20 to 13. And Vernon was beaten by Perryton (Region I) 21 - 14. Granted, Everman, Forney and Commerce were outstanding units but Vernon and Perryton would beat the others you mention. Like it or not!

I\
Originally posted by left2soon:
still amazes me that after watching the play-offs, not just 3a but all classifications, you west texas folks think that you can play with the teams here in region 2. what about gladewater..what about winnsboro..what about wilmer-hutchins?? do you honestly think that region 2 only had everman, forney and commerce? it's pretty clear to the educated..the best football is in region 2... and for the most part...always has been.

[This message has been edited by CoolPoppaBell (edited December 28, 2001).]

footballmaniac
12-28-2001, 09:37 PM
Perryton had one of its worst games against Everman, maybe it was because it was the first time in 25 years to go that far , they still were in shock. If you take into consideration that Everman had a squad two times the size of Perryton, by god they better have more skill people. All of perrytons guys but just a few played both sides of the ball. There are alot of factors that need to be taken into consideration. According to Evermans coach, His team played there best game that night, unlike the game against Sinton. I will not take anything away from Everman, but I follow alot of football and the heart that the country boys from perryton play with is unbelivable. yes they had a few skill people but the majority of it is heart. I want to watch and see how many Everman players out of that BIG squad actually go D1.

Jacket2000
12-29-2001, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by left2soon:
It amazes me that after winning the div II title, people still rank Commerce so low. Yes, Forney beat them during the regular season(in a game that coulda gone either way, I might add), as well as Alvarado(another one that coulda gone the other way). But guess what? When the smoke cleared, both Forney and Alvarado were playing basketball.
The word "champion", means "the best". So, the term "state champion" would mean "the best in the state". Therefore, it only makes sense to put Everman and Commerce in the top 2 spots.
J2K

left2soon
12-29-2001, 07:50 AM
cool...i am sure those are good teams..however.. the one thing that makes east texas football in a class by its self..speed. surely you dont think alvarado is a better team than commerce. factors entered into there winning that game that nobody has brought out. none of those teams you mentioned would have made it past the second round of region 2. yes its my opinion, but, check with those that know....speed kills.

VWG
12-29-2001, 12:22 PM
Speed Kills???
What about execution, a solid all around game with players that play on gut and determination?
You guys leave out too many other factors.
Speed is a great asset to have, but so is size, power, and above all the will to play the game at 100% every single play.
If speed is a major factor that wins ballgames you might want to go tell Southlake Carroll, Austin Westlake, Midland Lee, Windthorst, Sonora, Bridgeport, Stephenville, and other teams that went deep into the playoffs or are always perennial playoff powers that they are missing something. Yes, most of the teams I mentioned are in higher or smaller classifications but it proves my point that it takes 11 men to play on both sides of the ball. I have seen teams play, Gainsville for one, that have speed and great talent at skill positions. Teams with maybe lesser individual talent beat them because of better execution..... not speed or raw talent.
And is speed only in East Texas? Give me a break.. heck no! Stephenville was one of the winningest programs in the 90's in all of Texas and had kids that could fly and catch the ball. They also did this with an enrollment of about 1,000 kids in 4A.
Again, everybody in 3A has three to four kids on the field that run 4.5 to 4.6 40's and some teams even have more than that. It does give teams a great asset to play with, but is it the number 1 factor in winning ballgames.... from my opinion... no.

gdornon11
12-30-2001, 08:22 PM
vwg,
austin westlake needs speed? what about schroeder? he ran a 4.38 forty. and #37 must have run at least a 4.4.

Matthew328
12-30-2001, 09:46 PM
Everman does has some D1 kids....look for #5 Blaine Harrell to either sign with TCU or Iowa St...#2 Tremaine Wright is also getting intrest from some D1 schools UNT, New Mexico, La Tech and Houston....#8 Samarian Evans also is a potential D1 player with UNT, Colo St and UTEP showing intrest....also look for juniors #21 Theo Miller, #42 JJ Jennings, #10 Johnathan Harrell, #15 Michael Benton, and #77 Nick Clark to get some D1 offers and soph #66 Brain Jones to be a D1 prospect when he is a senior.....

Jacket2000
12-30-2001, 11:36 PM
I guess Everman musta just been luckier than all the other teams, eh?

rholl
12-31-2001, 02:19 PM
I see people still knocking Evermans championship...now its because the team was too large but not many of them will go D1 in college......what kinda of reasoning is that?????

Old Cardinal
12-31-2001, 05:39 PM
As you know, the final four in 3A Div. 1 were Everman, Sinton, Bridge City, and Perryton.....They all had large numbers of Juniors skill players this year. I look for each of them to perform very well in the playoffs next year. If Jasper comes down into 3A they might very well dominate the playoff scene for several years- they too will be loaded with skill having done very well in the 4A playoff ranks. 3A is so much easier than 4A! It's interesting that the survival teams in 3A all had played good 4A teams in the preseason. It's tragic to see so many undefeated teams at the end of regular season go home in the 1st & 2nd round with their highly touted poll rankings, who in reality, just played regular 3A level teams in preseason and District play. If you want to survive you had better play some good 4A teams in preseason.

JKLL
12-31-2001, 06:59 PM
If Liberty, Sweeney and Mexia is considered a tough road to Div. 1 final four, then there must be some really sad teams making the playoffs in Div. 1. Can't imagine a safer playoff road!

VWG
01-01-2002, 11:08 AM
Could not agree with y'all more on the pre-season schedule being important.
Look at Vernon, they regularly play Altus, OK. (4A size OK school), Wichita Falls High, and Burkburnett every year in pre-season. This town has been a 3A benchmark for a good football program since the early 80's, and they play a tough pre-season schedule.
Another thing I like about Vernon... same uniforms for years. Not many teams can come out with the same traditional look year after year. Very cool.

Old Cardinal
01-02-2002, 05:24 PM
VWG, I agree that Oklahoma team was a great team!...The poll people did not think so....they would have rather you had beaten some "also ran" in 3A, so you could have maintained an undefeated ranking. Yes, Vernon is a team that is always in the running just like Perryton..... JKLL, tell us about your team and who they played in preseason? You might know up until this year Region 3 has won way more than their share of State Champs. I consider Gatesville, Mexia, Sweeny, Splendora, Bridge City, Sinton, Belville etc: quite worthy opponents. Sweeny has a long tradition of winning in post season and they played a very good game again this year. Don't knock Region 3 they have a long tradition of quality teams on the State level.

CHS_DT38
01-05-2002, 01:37 PM
[/QUOTE]
It amazes me that after winning the div II title, people still rank Commerce so low. Yes, Forney beat them during the regular season(in a game that coulda gone either way, I might add), as well as Alvarado(another one that coulda gone the other way). But guess what? When the smoke cleared, both Forney and Alvarado were playing basketball.
The word "champion", means "the best". So, the term "state champion" would mean "the best in the state". Therefore, it only makes sense to put Everman and Commerce in the top 2 spots.
J2K[/B][/QUOTE]

J2K, Commerce did win the Division II title but that only says that they were the best of the second best teams in the state. It doesnt mean they should be ranked second. Forney did beat them and if Forney would have been in Division II they would have won the title.

sprinklerman
01-05-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_DT38:

J2K[/QUOTE]

J2K, Commerce did win the Division II title but that only says that they were the best of the second best teams in the state. It doesnt mean they should be ranked second. Forney did beat them and if Forney would have been in Division II they would have won the title.[/B][/QUOTE]

CHS Forney got beat by the team that came to play! If we still played all teams in the same division, Forney would still get beat beca

------------------

Jacket2000
01-05-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by CHS_DT38:

J2K[/QUOTE]

J2K, Commerce did win the Division II title but that only says that they were the best of the second best teams in the state. It doesnt mean they should be ranked second. Forney did beat them and if Forney would have been in Division II they would have won the title.[/B][/QUOTE]
Best of the 2nd best teams? What the hell are you talking about? Apparently, you have no idea how our two-tier system works, so I'll explain it to ya. AHEM! Lession #1 in UIL for Dummies:
Three teams out of each district go to the playoffs. Out of those 3, THE SCHOOL WITH THE BIGGEST ENROLLMENT GOES INTO THE DIVISION 1 BRACKET!!. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with how well that team faired. There were many 3rd place teams in division 1, as well as many district champions in the division 2 bracket. Please, do some research before you comment on a subject that you obviously have no clue about.
J2K

SintonFan_inAustin
01-07-2002, 12:44 AM
1.Everman
2.Commerce
3.Sinton
4.La Grange
5.Bellville
6.Forney
7.Gladewater
8.Giddings
9.Perryton
10.Newton

duckbutter
01-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Everman
Commerce
Sinton
LaGrange
Forney
Giddings
Newton
Bridge City
Bellville
Sweeny

Ratcop
01-07-2002, 02:16 PM
No way Bridge City should be in the top ten!

footballfan
01-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Ratcop - If you take out BC, do you also take out Sweeny?

Old Cardinal
01-07-2002, 07:12 PM
My list:1.Everman 2. Sinton 3. Commerce 4. Lagrange 5. Newton 6. Bridge City 7 Sweeny 8.Forney 9. Perryton 10. Vernon To Ratcop----Get ready, Bridge City will be right up there again next year, Jamey Knight their Junior All-District QB played only 2 downs before getting hurt against Sinton and Matt Peebles their junior running back only got to play 4 offensive plays. They are loaded with skill returnees next year so you can continue to crybaby all you want but they will be back in the final four again next year! And yes, they just might be beaten a time are two by Div. I 4A in the preseason.......whipping weak average 3A's is just not a real priority down here. What good does an undefeated season do you when you are out in the first playoff game?

slinky006
01-07-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey Old Card, there's only one thing wrong with your top 10. You fogot Giddings...The Region 3 Champs.....They should probably be somewhere above Newton.......

Old Cardinal
01-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Yep, Slinky you are right Giddings should be right in there......Boy they sure surprised me. Did you have any idea that they were playoff material toward the beginning of the year? What about prospects for next year?

JKLL
01-07-2002, 10:34 PM
Just which div.1 4A teams did Bridge City play this year, and which ones are on schedule for next year. Fact is they are neither Div. 1 or Div. 2 until they make the playoffs, and the only playoff teams Bridge City played was div. 2 3A Newton and Div. 1 3A Liberty.

slinky006
01-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Actually, i knew we would do fairly well, but some games early in district had me worried. But as the season progressed i knew we had a good chance at state. I don't know the exact numbers.....but Giddings is losing quite a few Seniors....so I don't expect a repeat of this year, however, it depends on what the other teams in our district lose. I must say that Newton has an awesome team, and I was very worried around the 4th quarter of that game.......what does Newton have for next year?

Newton4Life
01-07-2002, 11:33 PM
Newton loses over half of their team, including almost all the starters. We will have a young team next year but we will still be seeking a state championship...but not in 3a...according to all the rumors about the numbers, Newton is well into being a 2a school next year. It would be great to play Giddings again but the only way we probably would play them would be in pre-season. Good luck next year Giddings and also in basketball.

footballfan
01-08-2002, 08:25 AM
JKLL - BC also played 4A playoff team Silsbee.

duckbutter
01-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Newton will down a little next yr but we won't be out. Still returning some starters and will have a soph rb that could be the best Newton has ever had. We will also be returning our QB, a few OL and DL and most of our DB. Our problem will be finding good preseason games if we move to AA. Not many 4A schools want to risk playing a 2A because they have nothing to gain but a lot to lose. Hopefully B.C. will play us but who knows.

Old Cardinal
01-09-2002, 06:43 PM
JKLL, For your info-Bridge City beat the playoff team Liberty twice, Played 4A Little cypress-Mauriceville, 4A Silsbee-a playoff team, a poor Kelly team that is usually very good, Tied and lost in overtime to Vidor a team with 1800+ students(that's the team that I called a Division I type team). The Vidor team beat Nederland in preseason and Nederland went far in the playoffs. They scrimmaged a Div II team called 3A Diboll and beat them 5 or 6 TD's- that's the very weakest team that we saw this year. We were scheduled to scrimmage Beaumont Ozen 4A, but lighting stopped the game. We will schedule them again next year I am sure. To get two rounds with a Soph. laden team last year and four rounds with a Jr. laden team this year, I think is pretty good. Those Seniors next year will be an incredable 45 wins and 6 loses since the 7th grade. In the 7th, 8th and 9th grade they were going against the larger 4A enrollments in the area. It's no fluke that they will again be a contenter next year.........By the way, you keep knocking other teams-tell us about your team, who they are and who they played in preseason and how they did in postseason, are is there something you are trying to hide in cutting down other programs?

JKLL
01-09-2002, 07:44 PM
Actually Old Card I supported BC. Saw them play about 10 games. Don't think the Sinton game would have been much different if Knight and Peebles would have played the whole game. The two that did play did have pretty good years you know. There were some pretty good seniors on this team, and I feel you are short changing them. I beleive senior starters went 7 off. 6 or 7 def. And you rank BC right behind Newton.Heck they won by 32 at Larry Ward. Thats abig gap. And Sinton barely sqeaked by Bellville. Maybe I'm just being realistic.

Old Cardinal
01-10-2002, 01:30 PM
JKLL, Your comments remind me of an old adage "Few people know the answers to all the world problems-funny how I keep running into one every day!" I don't think you are a fan or you would have known to call these find senior lads Luke and Dwayne instead of the "ones" that played the positions against Sinton.....Yes the Sinton team was quite superior....by bragging on the scoring records of the team to be Seniors next year, is in know way a slam on the Seniors of this year. Your "mostly Senior players" is again a bunch of BALONEY- because BC played so many weak teams that everyone got to play an ample share of football.

JKLL
01-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Old Card in your post on the 9th you bragged about all the tough teams BC played yet on the 10th it was "BC played so many weak teams". Hopefully you will admit that you also do not have all the answers. You are right BC will have a fine team next year. Led by there Seniors, just as the last two teams have been led by there Seniors. Enough of this.JKLL out.

kaorder1999
01-10-2002, 11:58 PM
I'd have to say I don't agree with a lot of yall..I think A LOT of people know that you HAVE to put Everman and Forney #1 and #2. I'm sorry Commerce...congrats on getting another ring but I think ya'll kknow who the better team was this year. I have the game film to prove it. Just kidding!

Week two of the playoffs in Bedford, TX was the Class 3A Division I State Championship!!

sinton66
01-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Believe that Bellville should be in there also, maybe instead of Sweeny. Bellville was underated all year.(my opinion)

eye of the tiger
01-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999:
I'd have to say I don't agree with a lot of yall..I think A LOT of people know that you HAVE to put Everman and Forney #1 and #2. I'm sorry Commerce...congrats on getting another ring but I think ya'll kknow who the better team was this year. I have the game film to prove it. Just kidding!

Week two of the playoffs in Bedford, TX was the Class 3A Division I State Championship!!

I agree. Everman and Forney were the 2 best teams I saw this last year. I didnt get see Sinton, but from talk and what I read, they were awesome also. In all honesty(which is hard to do sometimes when you are talking about your home team) I will put Everman, Forney and Sinton in the top 3 and place Commerce in 4th or 5th and be thankful for 2 divisions. Doesnt diminish my happiness over our championship at all.

Old Cardinal
01-11-2002, 02:34 PM
JKLL, You are exactly right in reading what I said---Bridge City did play a good preseason schedule against mostly good teams; however in District, except for Newton, they were able to play a large number of players- there was little in between. Yes, I think I have had enough of your dialoge also.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-12-2002, 03:50 AM
Championship game for 3AD1 was played in College Station. How can u assume that u would get by the teams Everman beat since u had not seen the other teams. If u go by how good a team looks during the season then every other team that had great numbers and lost in the playoffs to eventual state champ can say they played their championship game to the eventual champ. What i've read on these posts is the game with commerce could have gone either way. Every game is different and some teams matchup better with other teams. Everman and Commerce are State Champs for 2001.So Forney if u want to play your state championship game u must show you can go the distance not 2 rounds in the playoffs!

Old Cardinal
01-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Sinton Fan Austin--You are right every team that played either Everman or Commerce can claim that they were the second best team in the State, per their division! Forney does have a good program; it's unfortunate that a lot of other folks do too. I was talking to a good football friend today and we both agreed- out of 3A, the Sinton QB and the Safety (Schmitt, I believe) Should make excellent College players. The Lumberton 4A QB will be one of the better passing QB's in the future.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-15-2002, 06:50 PM
Old Card, Sintons QB still has one more year and he might not even choose football, because he is also a very good pitcher.he did'nt lose last year in the playoffs when he pitched.Sinton may ride him to their 3rd State title in baseball.

Old Cardinal
01-15-2002, 10:53 PM
WOW, Sinton is loaded with good athlete's. Is this just what has happened or are you kind of a magnet school, whereby the best athletes can choose to load one school in the School District with superior players. I know in our area, Ozen is the magnet school for the Beaumont Ind. School District. LaMarque is a magnet school just like a number of schools in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex....... Matt328, I watched Kirbyville/Bridge City tonight it ended 66-53 with Kirbyville on top. It was very close till the mid fourth quarter. Kirbyville deserves their #10 ranking in most of the Polls.

LG
02-20-2002, 09:13 PM
it shouldnt b about wut happened last year. it should b how many starters are returning there coaching staff and they ability of the players cumming up next yr.

sinton66
02-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Old Card, I LIKE your way of thinking. Your early picks make more sense to me. Div. 2 teams don't really compare to Div. 1. That's WHY there are two divisions. No way Commerce was stronger than Sinton. Won't be next year either. Yes, Commerce deserves respect, but no way do they rate higher than the final two from div. 1.

toby070
02-21-2002, 04:19 PM
Sinton66,

This year I can't argue with your logic, but there have been many years at all levels where the D1 brackets were weaker than the D2 brackets. The bigger schools aren't always the best ones. This season I can't speak for the other regions, but D1 overall looked MUCH tougher than D2 in region IV. That was a difficult bracket for sure.

Jacket2000
02-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
Old Card, I LIKE your way of thinking. Your early picks make more sense to me. Div. 2 teams don't really compare to Div. 1. That's WHY there are two divisions. No way Commerce was stronger than Sinton. Won't be next year either. Yes, Commerce deserves respect, but no way do they rate higher than the final two from div. 1.

Please tell me that you arent saying that Division 1 is superior to divison 2. I really hope you arent, b/c that would make absolutely no sense. You see, the divisional fields change every season.In many cases, the top two teams in a district will be div2, while the 3rd place team gets the division 1 spot. For example, in 2000, Quinlan Ford was the div 1 rep from their district. Forney and Commerce were the div 2 reps. Both teams mopped up the field with QF.
Now, on to the point of your post. Commerce won a state championship; Sinton did not. Had Sinton been in district 29 (which would have almost definately put them in div2), would you say that they should be ranked below the div1 runner-up simply b/c they had a lower ADM? I definately hope not. Personally, I would love to see a Commerce/Sinton game. I might even give Commerce the edge; but I wouldnt dare say that there is no way that one of these teams is stronger than the other.
J2K

Old Green
02-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Jacket2000 that's why I don't care for the Div.1 &Div.2 for the Different Classes. You always have an argument about who is top dog in the classification.Until the UIL creates a 6A class to bring the numbers more in line you're always going to have this Disagreement.
Ther are a lot of times the smaller school is the superior school. We need to go back to one Champion per class.

Jacket2000
02-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Actually, Old Green, I sat down and did the math one day(for lack of anything better to do), and they would have to make a 7a for it to be completely equal. That's 32, 7 team districts. Take the top two teams from each district, and run it just like they do the division 2 field. It works perfectly all the way down to 1a-6man. But, both of those classes still have only one champion. So, if it ain't broke, dont fix it.
J2K

sinton66
02-22-2002, 09:00 AM
Old Card, I like your choices except that Bellville should be in there somewhere. They should contend with you guys for the R3 title. I also believe that div.2 teams can't compare to div.1 teams, that's WHY there are two divisions. In my opinion,no way Commerce should be rated above Sinton. Commerce deserves their championship and the respect that brings,but they shouldn't be ranked above the best div.1 teams.

sinton66
02-22-2002, 09:14 AM
Well, ok, OBVIOUSLY Commerce was a STRONG team. Comparing them to div.1 just doesn't make sense. It's sort of like arguing which state champ was better between 3A and 4A. Numbers DO matter. If they don't, why not go ahead and rank Commerce above Everman? Sinton only lost ONE game and that was for the title.

zztop
02-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Fellas, give commerce its due. They won a state title...I think that says enough. Plus, final rankings are just opinions from people who just sit around w/ nothing better to do. It's very hard to please everyone.

...And for someone to say that Forney would have won had they been in Div II is simply sad. Could they? of course. Would they? we'll never know. dont predict something that never happened as fact. Forney had their chance to win a Div II championship 2 years ago against La Grange and couldnt get the job done.

The difference between Div I and Div II is the total number of students enrolled, NOT a weaker division vs a stronger division.
zz

sinton66
02-22-2002, 02:50 PM
JKLL, There was a good reason Sinton "barely squeaked by Bellville". Bellville coach came to Sinton last spring to visit his old buddy Davis and picked his brains about his offense and formations and such(according to a story in the Houston Chronicle). Chancellor was quoted as saying he put some of Sinton's offense in his own. They SHOULD have matched up pretty well when they knew what to look for.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-04-2002, 02:53 AM
2001 Top 4/Final 4
1.Everman
2.Commerce
3.Sinton
4.LaGrange

Those are the top 4 teams for 2001. Case closed. Next year Div 2 could be stronger it all depends on who makes playoffs. Go Pirates make another run at it!

GUNN30
03-04-2002, 10:19 PM
SintonFan_inAustin

The case isn't closed....BELLVILLE beat LaGrange 31-7

sinton66
03-05-2002, 09:20 AM
Gunn30, I agree. Bellville was a very strong team, and they return most of their skill players. They will be a force to be reckoned with in R3. I believe they should rank in the top five.

sinton66
03-05-2002, 09:32 AM
Toby, I agree, THIS year the undefeateds were all in Div.1. Some years this is not the case, I understand that. I based my opinions on not only last seasons performance, but what the teams involved have coming back for another run. Not sure about Perryton, but Everman (R1), Sinton(R4) and Bellville(R3)will be the teams to beat next season. I'm also pretty sure Forney and Commerce will be in there representing R2. From the returning starters, I look for Div.1 to be the stronger division again.

Gunn 31
03-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Case is closed, where was Bellville at while was La Grange was playing for the title. Oh they must have been sitting at home. Plus Bellville should have been home earlier anyways. Yall barely squeaked by Bandera, you were lucky they were missing there qb or you would have been at home earlier. Yall got lucky!!!

left2soon
03-05-2002, 06:45 PM
AGAIN? AGAIN? do you actually believe region 1 was stronger than region 2. how naive, on your part. take a step back and look across all of the districts and see how EVERY team would stack up in region 2. guys it is not even close. it is great to be a fan but please dont get lost in the real.

rwhite
03-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Gunn 31:
Case is closed, where was Bellville at while was La Grange was playing for the title. Oh they must have been sitting at home. Plus Bellville should have been home earlier anyways. Yall barely squeaked by Bandera, you were lucky they were missing there qb or you would have been at home earlier. Yall got lucky!!!

I will never understand la grange people... yall can talk all this mess but it seems that yall forget about the 31 to 7 bellville victory against yall. And im sure yall have millions of excusses to defend that but hey who got the district trophy? Thats righ, and squeaked by Bandera? We won that game because we out played them and we would of still won if they had their number 1 qb.

Gunn 31
03-05-2002, 07:48 PM
All man, Bellville is really great they won a district crown. Along with 30 others school in 3a. Yall really might have been good if you could have played for a state title, like we did. And no you would not have beat Bandera if there qb would not have been hurt. And what about that game yall played against Burnet, where they fumbled on yalls 3 yard line, yall were lucky then too. Yall got lucky all through the playoffs, we never got lucky we earned our way.

rwhite
03-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Gunn 31:
All man, Bellville is really great they won a district crown. Along with 30 others school in 3a. Yall really might have been good if you could have played for a state title, like we did. And no you would not have beat Bandera if there qb would not have been hurt. And what about that game yall played against Burnet, where they fumbled on yalls 3 yard line, yall were lucky then too. Yall got lucky all through the playoffs, we never got lucky we earned our way.

How do you know we could'nt of beat Bandera with their qb? Bellville always raises to a challenge and Burnet did fumble on the 3 becasue its called "causeing turnovers" understand? And yall earned yalls way? What about getting to play a 3 and 7 team who everone knew was no challenge. Yall had the easyest ride to state than anyone else. The only two real teams yall played were Giddins and Wimberly.

Gunn 31
03-06-2002, 09:00 PM
I know yall would have lost to Bandera, and the way i remember it that guy from Burnet just fumbled on his own. Yall got lucky, and you say we had easy ride. Yeah we beat that werent the best in region 4, but i do remember us beating Wimberley who blew out Burnet who yall nearly lost too. And i do remember us beating a very good Giddings, who had the toughest ride to the semi-finals. They beat Newton, who was considered the best team in regions 3-4, they beat Rice who was also a very good team, not too mention the other games they had too play. Oh didnt yall get beat by Sinton, a team that Commerce beat, who we should have beat in the Finals. Oh but we still had an easy ride to the championship! Oh but i forgot where were yall when we were playing, ooo yeah yall were sitting at home listening too it!!!

black betty
03-06-2002, 11:54 PM
Wimberley blew out Burnet? You must be high. Wimberley sneaked by Burnet 24-21 because Burnet's idiot RB panicked and before being tackled behind the LOS decided to THROW the ball!!! Wimberley got it inside the 20 and scored. Burnet also had the ball on the 3 and the same RB tripped the QB who was sprinting out. Take nothing away from Wimberley..they won the game..but by a blow-out??? Bellville had a good team, as you folks in LaGrange know all to well(the only way to guage yourself is by head to head play). The TB from Burnet was stopped on the 1 yard line and the side judge had already marked his foward progress to the one. He was then dog-piled back to the 4 and the ball was stripped long after the play should have been blown dead. I heard LaGrange wouldn't play Burnet next year anyway. The coach backed out of a game that was already set up with Burnet when he got Yoakum to play. I guess the Leopards aren't so brave when everybody graduates. I don't know if yall play Bellville next year again but if so, it will be worse than this year.

toby070
03-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Have to go along w/the comment about the Burnet/Wimberley game, that was far from a blowout...very tight game.

sinton66
03-07-2002, 09:20 AM
Gunn31, easy big guy! Check your facts. La Grange and Commerce were div.2 finalists. Sinton and Everman were div.1 finalists. Commerce and Sinton did not play each other.
La Grange probably took a while to gel after losing key people the year before, but having watched Bellville play Sinton, I can say that Bellville was a very good team. With the exception of Everman, they were the toughest opponent Sinton faced.

BellvilleDude
03-07-2002, 08:33 PM
we wont be playing la grange during the regular season couldnt agree on a date