PDA

View Full Version : WOS Fans and Celina Fans

BobcatBenny
09-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey, I have been volunteering to help Ike evacuees today and have met some WOS fans. They asked about highschool football in the area and I told them about Celina's game tonight.

They were very excited to hear about the game.

So, don't be surprised if there are some out of town visitors at the game tonight.

Shake the hands of some folks you don't recognize and introduce yourselves. Let's prove to Region III that we have the friendliest fans on the planet.

Old Tiger
09-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Show love to the superior region! I met some Celina people at the state game when they played LH, nice people.

BobcatBenny
09-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I will not get to be there tonight, so it won't hurt my pocket book. ;)

But ... Celina fan's might consider buying some tickets for the evacuees if you meet any. They need the diversion, but they also should hang onto cash too. Many are hurting and any friendliness we can share is going to be greatly appreciated.

kepdawg
09-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I will not get to be there tonight, so it won't hurt my pocket book. ;)

But ... Celina fan's might consider buying some tickets for the evacuees if you meet any. They need the diversion, but they also should hang onto cash too. Many are hurting and any friendliness we can share is going to be greatly appreciated.

Don't let a couple of WOS guys scare you away!

BobcatBenny
09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Don't let a couple of WOS guys scare you away!
Hey these guys aren't scary at all ... compared to my wife! She is hot, but that is offset with a good dose of mean. ;)

Promises were made and I figured if I were going to sacrifice and miss a game, the homecoming game is usually the one to miss. Who knew? :confused:

kepdawg
09-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Hey these guys aren't scary at all ... compared to my wife! She is hot, but that is offset with a good dose of mean. ;)

Promises were made and I figured if I were going to sacrifice and miss a game, the homecoming game is usually the one to miss. Who knew? :confused:

I was really hoping you'd be there! I was planning on acting like an evacuee so you'd buy my ticket!

BILLYFRED0000
09-19-2008, 04:28 PM
hey benny, how can we help with tickets. I am going and would be glad to buy a dinner and tickets to the game if someone is coming this way.
Take them to Lucy's for some fried green tomatoes.

BobcatBenny
09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
hey benny, how can we help with tickets. I am going and would be glad to buy a dinner and tickets to the game if someone is coming this way.
Take them to Lucy's for some fried green tomatoes.
I don't know how you'd do dinner. We are wrapped up with the volunteer work, so there is really no coordination that can take place. So, my recommendation is, shake a lot of hands of those you do not know. Let them tell you where they are from. If you realize they are from the coast and an evacuee. Buy their tickets. :thinking:

And ... spread the word ... to see if anyone else from Celina might do the same.

But your willingness is to be applauded. :clap: