PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight...

kepdawg
09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
If I don't eat all the food on my plate starving children in Africa will die, but if I do eat all the food on my plate they will live? :thinking: :confused:

JR2004
09-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Yes that would be correct.

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
This can't possibly be sports related can it? Unless of course you are talking about your food from the concession stand at a game.... ;)

kepdawg
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
This can't possibly be sports related can it? Unless of course you are talking about your food from the concession stand at a game.... ;)

G2 cares so much about the children he is trying to eat all the nachos in the state!

carter08
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
If I don't eat all the food on my plate starving children in Africa will die, but if I do eat all the food on my plate they will live? :thinking: :confused:

It's more of a be glad for what you have thing.

Children in Africa would love to have food. We should be glad we have food, and not waste it.

If we throw food away, it is because we had an excess. If we had purchased and consumed less, the food supply would have been able to stretch further, leaving enough to feed a few hungry kids.

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by carter08

Children in Africa would love to have food. We should be glad we have food, and not waste it.

If we throw food away, it is because we had an excess. If we had purchased and consumed less, the food supply would have been able to stretch further, leaving enough to feed a few hungry kids. Congrats Carter. Thanks for clearing that up. :clap:

I don't think anybody could have figured that out w/o your assistance.

carter08
09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Congrats Carter. Thanks for clearing that up. :clap:

:rolleyes:

JR2004
09-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Congrats Carter. Thanks for clearing that up. :clap:

:rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
:rolleyes: That's what I'm here for.

Farmersfan
09-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I offered my Liver & Onions to the starving kids in Africa a million times as a child and they never came to get it!!!! Can you explain that carter08?

If we throw food away, it is because we had an excess. If we had purchased and consumed less, the food supply would have been able to stretch further, leaving enough to feed a few hungry kids.

BILLYFRED0000
09-19-2008, 02:35 PM

No but they could a had a v8.

Sweetwater Red
09-19-2008, 02:36 PM

I'm sorry but everytime this is mentioned, the first thing I think of
is 4'11" and 300 lbs Sally Struthers and her feed the children
commercials.:dispntd:

carter08
09-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I offered my Liver & Onions to the starving kids in Africa a million times as a child and they never came to get it!!!! Can you explain that carter08?

No one likes Liver & Onions.

Farmersfan
09-19-2008, 02:40 PM
You mean the commercials that she made millions from????

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'm sorry but everytime this is mentioned, the first thing I think of
is 4'11" and 300 lbs Sally Struthers and her feed the children
commercials.:dispntd:

Panther Dad X 2
09-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Friend just returned from Nigeria. Said they had plenty of food but it was soooo bad no one wants to eat it. He says God Bless Whataburger!!!

Sweetwater Red
09-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
You mean the commercials that she made millions from????

I wouldn't doubt that either.:speech:

Old Tiger
09-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I say screw them other country kids. We have poor starving kids in our own country.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 05:17 PM
If we had purchased and consumed less, the food supply would have been able to stretch further, leaving enough to feed a few hungry kids.

The problem isnt the food supply...we have plenty of food in the world to feed everyone...its the distribution of the food. Wars and politics prevent the distribution to places where people cant grow their own. It's not a problem of world supply.