PDA

View Full Version : A real Sports Thread that has nothing to do with Boobs or TV Shows

PPHSfan
09-19-2008, 11:43 AM
NEW DELHI (AFP) — The 2009 world badminton championships have been shifted from the Indian capital of New Delhi to the southern city of Hyderabad, an official said on Friday.

The change was made due to the delay in renovation work being carried out at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi, which is also the venue for the Commonwealth Games in 2010.

"Hyderabad has excellent badminton facilities and will be a good place to hold the world championships," Indian badminton chief V.K. Verma said.

"The world body approved the change after we told them the New Delhi stadium may not be ready in time."

The world championships are scheduled for August 10-16 next year.

Link to AP Story (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iQkhW9v7gdJCOYo_zezulONb3TWA)

Bullaholic
09-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Keep this up and you're going to make Phil C mad. :D

PPHSfan
09-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Keep this up and you're going to make Phil C mad. :D

I am just trying to follow the stupid rules.

Bullaholic
09-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I am just trying to follow the stupid rules.

Sure hope not.:D Then again, I sure want you around for the rest of the season---there's going to be lots of "Hide and Watch" opportunities---there's still lots of the uninitiated who have never been exposed.

PPHSfan
09-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I may bolster a couple of opinions on some of tonight's games before the day is done.

Bullaholic
09-19-2008, 12:26 PM
I may bolster a couple of opinions on some of tonight's games before the day is done.

Looking forward to it....

BILLYFRED0000
09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
NEW DELHI (AFP) — The 2009 world badminton championships have been shifted from the Indian capital of New Delhi to the southern city of Hyderabad, an official said on Friday.

The change was made due to the delay in renovation work being carried out at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi, which is also the venue for the Commonwealth Games in 2010.

"Hyderabad has excellent badminton facilities and will be a good place to hold the world championships," Indian badminton chief V.K. Verma said.

"The world body approved the change after we told them the New Delhi stadium may not be ready in time."

The world championships are scheduled for August 10-16 next year.

Link to AP Story (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iQkhW9v7gdJCOYo_zezulONb3TWA)

That is not cricket.

carter08
09-19-2008, 02:44 PM
This is an absolute travesty.

New Delhi is THE center of Indian badminton. This change is going to greatly upset the general public! It is akin to moving the Boston Marathon to Cambridge!

A horrendous move by the officials. I expect riots.