PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel 20, Aransas Pass 19

sinton66
11-22-2002, 11:36 PM
nm

sinfan75
11-23-2002, 12:30 AM
That musta been a humdinger of a game.Congrats to Port Isabel!

sinton66
11-23-2002, 12:37 AM
Wonder what kind of nite Blake had.

whtfbplaya
11-23-2002, 12:40 AM
Sorry to hear that I was pulling for you guys. :confused:

SintonFan
11-23-2002, 12:43 AM
Congrats PI! footballgal, good win! Hey PI, how was AP? Many of us gave our views, please respond... :D

<small>[ November 22, 2002, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
11-23-2002, 12:49 AM
whtfbplaya:
Sorry to hear that I was pulling for you guys. :confused: Thanks whtfbplaya. 30-3A is not half bad...
If it wasn't for a couple of PI posters here, I'd not have trouble rooting for AP. Oh well, 30-3A now has two representatives... :cool:
better than none...

eye of the tiger
11-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Way to go Port I. Must have been some game. Congrats.

big daddy russ
11-23-2002, 12:52 AM
Man, what a game. I honestly thought AP had it won as early as the second quarter... and I was thinking this early in the second quarter. A lot of the PI kids were starting to wear down, so I figured that it would be over soon. That feeling lasted with me through the third quarter, but I have to give props to PI. They kept fighting, they never gave up against a bigger, stronger team. Congratulations on a hard-fought game.

P.S. Blake didn't have his best game of the year, but he did OK. He only had 60 yards on 11 carries at the half and was playing hurt. Corey Hale had about 40 yards on about five carries or so. Don't know what either one ended up with.

coollampin
11-23-2002, 01:14 AM
They kept fighting, they never gave up :mad: the BETTER Team won 2-night, Congrats P.I., u 2 footballgal, u must be very happy.......... wink

footballgal
11-23-2002, 02:40 AM
SintonFan:
Congrats PI! footballgal, good win! Hey PI, how was AP? Many of us gave our views, please respond... :D Thanks all it was a heck of a game! But, I got a bone to pick with you'll Sinton Fans. You never said we would be playing the Aransas Pass Mammoths, (not the Panthers)!!That explains why AP, kept calling the Tarpons little fishes, they weren't poking fun, they really meant it comparison to the Tarps. These guys were huge!! We look so small. My seven year old told me mom they are so big, I think we are going to loose, this coming from a Seven year old before a single snap! I was that’s ok; we will wear them down in the 2nd half, easier said than done.

Hey Missile you had a heck of a game on Defense and offense, overall great team effort as usual but Missile stood out in my mind.

I don't know about Blake being hurt, he could have fooled me, by making that long TD in the 4th he looked fine to me. It was a good game the Tarpons finally got tested and passed! They were a couple of critical mistakes a fumble and an interception but they overcame them and stepped it up when they had to. They were some no calls and a two-point conversion on the last Tarpon TD that was called out of bounce, but anyhow I will take a one-point win any day!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

Yeah got home about 1:15, but I am so hyped still I can’t go to sleep!!!

footballgal
11-23-2002, 02:49 AM
coollampin:
They kept fighting, they never gave up :mad: the BETTER Team won 2-night, Congrats P.I., u 2 footballgal, u must be very happy.......... wink Thanks Collampin, I am so ecstatic! I am not sure when I will be able to go to sleep now. eek!

KatPride03
11-23-2002, 04:10 AM
Tarpons, that was an excellent game. I left school early just to make sure I could eat and get there on time etc etc. I went with a couple of buds of mine and they were...pretty amazed, that game was great, especially v's those monsterously huge panthers...I thought PI was going to have a few players get knocked pretty hard, luckily everyone was ok.

Oh yeah, Missile, I was over by Your band talking to Kristen when you made that awesome catch. A guy from AP tried to get it but missed and you got it and I think her jaw literally dropped...i know that because mine did too and so did the other drum major's...and...I think everyone else around us. I think from there on we all knew you guys would win.
I'm glad to see a valley team making it passed this week and if any PI band members read this- I think you guys showed your support for the team more than ever and you guys were awesome. I haven't known you to wait for them third quarter to play your fight song or to play all night but you guys rocked! That crowd was definitely pumped.

I don't think he even got hurt, I think he was just faking it a little to make us think that he was hurt and still playin it up. At first anyway. Just like kris said before the game started. once it was over i had to concur-- another Jimmy Heath but with a better team to back him. The team was good but...their RB did quite a bit of the work.

GOOD JOB TARPONS!
WE BE SUPPORTIN YA NEXT WEEK WHETHER WE CAN MAKE IT OR NOT! SPORT DEM UNIFORMS WIT PRIDE--NOT ONLY FOR PORT ISABEL BUT FOR THE VALLEY

big daddy russ
11-23-2002, 04:41 AM
Like I said, the Panthers aren't small by any means...

Starting offensive line:
OT: Josh Cavallin 6'4" 295
TJ Sanchez 5'9" 275
OG: Albert Wagner 6' 225
Jason Torres 5'11" 225
C: Tony Byrnes 6'3" 270

Backups:
Brian Clark 6'1" 275
Andrew Byrnes 6' 270
Reuben Davila 5'10" 220 (word is that he runs a 4.9)
Paul Martinez 6'1" 225

Defensive Line:
DE: Polito Palma 5'10" 205
Paul Martinez 6'1" 225
DT: Reuben Davila 5'10" 220

Backups:
Chris Paez 6'1" 295
Andrew Byrnes 6' 270
Brian Clark 6'1" 275

Add 6'4" 225-pound running back Tommy Blake, 6'2" 200-pound quarterback John David Heard and 6'3" 205 tight end Robert Scheibe to a line that averages about 6'1" 258 and that offense is pretty darned big for a R4 team. They gave us a good year.

big daddy russ
11-23-2002, 04:44 AM
P.S. Look for at least four of those AP players on Saturdays next year. Free safety Tyler Ogle is going to play at Princeton, a 1-AA school, and Blake is assured a D1 scholarship. At least two more players should be playing somewhere at some college next year.

Sinton_Playa 70
11-23-2002, 10:58 AM
Congrats Port Isabel on a hard fought win!! To Aransas Pass you guys are a hell of team. You should be extremely proud. You have a great team and good luck to you guys next year. Port Isabel good luck next week. I believe if u guys win u have the chance of making it to the big game in December.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

Big Tarp 74
11-23-2002, 03:38 PM
PI defense played a great game. The PI lineman and the linebacker, kept Tommy Blake very busy. It is very true they were bigger, but PI defense needs to be congratulated. They played hard nose defense, and met Tommy Blake head on. I was down on the field after the game with our son, I saw Tommy Blake, he was hurting. His ankle was all ice up and he had some bruse ribs. The linebacker were comming in hard and fast all night. Tommy won some battles, and lost some. Tommy was picked up and thrown back by PI defensive lineman Jeffery Martinez. That was a mismatch 225 against 330. Jeffery won that battle. My hats off to Jeffery. To Missel, do not know why, they did not use you to goto the outside only once. They had trouble hanging with you. I know when Tommy Blake broke that big run, you caught up with him. Missel hit Tommy and Corie, pretty hard several times. One think Aransas did very well was keeping the ball away from out offense, and PI hurt itself several time with penatiles. Guys you need to cut down on this. As for mistakes, they were a few, and PI managed to over come them. Big Daddy Russ, I know the Tarpons looked like they were being stoped, but PI offense is very explosive, penatiles, messed up drives. We had several facemask calls that should have been called on AP, but were not. I know many fans from Herrbonville, were their, I want to thank them for their support as well as all the schools that came out and supported them.

Kakarot
11-23-2002, 04:44 PM
Yesterday Night was a really close game. I give Aransas Pass props because they were good espicially that 6 foot 4 running back, he had great speed. Now we got either Bandera or Altair Rice.

Pudlugger
11-23-2002, 06:30 PM
eye of the tiger:
Way to go Port I. Must have been some game. Congrats.I second that emotion EOTT! Port Isabel is rollin'! Good luck next week. I sense a Yoakum PI Regional final looming in the near future. Good luck next week against Bandara! :)

Kool Tarpon 21
11-23-2002, 06:42 PM
So our next opponent is Bandera? We have to get ready for another tough game. I want to practice already and play hard. I know I made a lot of mistakes this past game, but I played my heart out. Yeah, I got hurt, but it's just a minor injury. I will be back by Monday to practice hard. I want to thank all the fans for supporting us. I also want to thank all the other people from other places that went to support us. Thanks and I hope to see you all there again when we play Bandera. To all my teammates, you all played a great game and we overcame another obstacle. It's time to practice hard and GO GET A BULLDOG!!!

KatPride03
11-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Personally, I think that the amount of support that the Tarpons were feeling against AP had a lot to do with them winning. Had the stands not been filled to capacity and the band not playing as much as they did and the way they did and without the fans with those blue and white noise makers and getting pumped up by the cheerleaders and band, I don't think the result would have been the same. No offense....really, more of like props to the fans, I think the fans won it for you guys. But I gotta give y'all props as well, those guys were good players.