PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a game in Tyler area

injuredinmelee
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I know Gilmer is @ Kilgore an im leaning that way.
Also Quinlan Ford @ Chapel Hill

Rider vs one of the Tyler ISD schools

any others that might be worth my time?

catdaddy
09-17-2008, 11:14 PM
hands down, gilmer/kilgore & longview/lufkin

Matthew328
09-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Lufkin-Longview
Kilgore-Gilmer

are the top two

Lufkin-Longview will have more people and you'll see more talent but you can't go wrong with either

Old Tiger
09-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Lufkin has one of the top 5 players in the nation in McFarland.

thatboiwes
09-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Gilmer @ Kilgore is closer to the Tyler area if that's what your going for.

You might get to watch 2 better teams in the Lufkin @ Longview game, but you have to drive a little farther to see it.

nobogey72
09-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I know Gilmer is @ Kilgore an im leaning that way.
Also Quinlan Ford @ Chapel Hill

Rider vs one of the Tyler ISD schools

any others that might be worth my time?

I can't help you on the football games, but, Saturday morning slip over to Lindale and play golf at Garden Valley. That has got to be one of the best kept secrets in Texas. This would be the perfect time of year too. We played there for 3 days in late July, and the heat and humidity was brutal. Beautiful course. You will think you are in Colorado or Georgia.

lostaussie
09-18-2008, 07:51 AM
injured, if u come to the Gilmer game, pm me your cell and maybe we can hook up at the game.

thatboiwes
09-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
injured, if u come to the Gilmer game, pm me your cell and maybe we can hook up at the game.

Sniff, sniff.

Yep! Smells like man love. :D

icu812
09-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Yep Gilmer/Kilgore

4A Mabank @ 3A Van should be good one & it's 10 min. from Garden Valley if your playin golf. One warning it is homecomming & both teams are going to pass, pass, pass so be prepared for a long long game.

Aesculus gilmus
09-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Yep Gilmer/Kilgore

4A Mabank @ 3A Van should be good one & it's 10 min. from Garden Valley if your playin golf. One warning it is homecomming & both teams are going to pass, pass, pass so be prepared for a long long game.

Does Mabank still utilize the patented Tony Franklin System™ © ®?

Studies show that any team with the same or similar talent to its opponent WILL prevail should they use the System. YMMV.

mistanice
09-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Lufkin-Longview game

icu812
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Does Mabank still utilize the patented Tony Franklin System™ © ®?

Studies show that any team with the same or similar talent to its opponent WILL prevail should they use the System. YMMV.

I believe Mabank has called about 8 running plays total so far this year. We have a new coach that is familar with it (coached at Royce City I believe) so maybe he will have an answer for it :doh: I think it's going to be a good test for the Vandals seeing how Mabank almost pulled off a shocker against Gilmer last year.

injuredinmelee
09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I can't help you on the football games, but, Saturday morning slip over to Lindale and play golf at Garden Valley. That has got to be one of the best kept secrets in Texas. This would be the perfect time of year too. We played there for 3 days in late July, and the heat and humidity was brutal. Beautiful course. You will think you are in Colorado or Georgia.
how does it compare to Sugar Tree? I am palyign with some guys at Holly Tree(i think thats what it is called) in Tyler.

nobogey72
09-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
how does it compare to Sugar Tree? I am palyign with some guys at Holly Tree(i think thats what it is called) in Tyler.

Twice as nice as Holly Tree IMO, and twice as cheap. Holly Tree is where Heller was the head pro for a few years. Somebody told me that Sugartree's greens have been bad all summer.

injuredinmelee
09-21-2008, 08:07 PM
we played Holly Tree saturday and Cascades this morning. Cascades is going to be an amazing facility when they are done with it.

Got to meet Buckeye. Was a good game to see worth the drive from Tyler. Kilgore is so stinking fast!!!