PDA

View Full Version : Cruise update

44INAROW
09-17-2008, 11:24 AM
As some of you'll know, mr44 and I are "crusing" for the 1st time on Oct 12th - Oct 19th. Originally, we were to depart from Galveston, but in checking with the carnival.com site, I notice we'll most likely depart from the brand new Port of Houston port - right off of Hwy 146 east of Pasadena. I checked out the port site and it is brand new. How fortunate that there is an alternative port so close (actually will probably be easier for us to get to than Galveston) Just wondering if any of you well season travelers have had any "horror stories" while traveling ie - weather delays, re-routes - that sort of thing? One of the ladies I work with, was on an Alaskan cruise last week and was supposed to land into Houston Bush at 2:00 pm Sunday. Well, of course that didn't happen so they got re-routed to Seattle then LAX - they spent the afternoon Saturday on a bus tour of Hollywood and then spent the night at a hotel near the airport and didn't catch a flight on Continental (their original airline) so Southwest helped them out and flew them into San Antonio. They were lucky, that someone had dropped them off at the airport in Houston so they didn't have vehicles there - so they just needed to be picked up in SA.

Emerson1
09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Our boat had "technical difficulties", so we only got to go to 1 of 2 ports, meaning we had 4 full days at sea