PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny vs Bellville

Bull's-eye
09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Sweeny has agreed to play Bellville this friday. The game will be in Bellville.

nunya
09-17-2008, 12:13 PM
If you hear your fight song playing while using restroom, don't get too excited. Both schools have same fight song. Could get confusing :-)

Bull's-eye
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Semper Paratus- U.S. Coast Guard song. ;)

Maybe both schools can play together and it will be in stereo. :D

trg
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Looking forward to the game....Go Bellville!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Semper Paratus- U.S. Coast Guard song. ;)

And where did you get this info from?:D

scrub c
09-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Sweeny goes to the pasture of pain...

HC looking for some payback from those years he was at palacios... and sweeny was handing out butt-kickings...

Antec
09-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I heard Stafford could play Danbury but nothing firm

scrub c
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
of course this is just what I have heard... bellville peeps probably dont know anything about this... or is you do fill us in.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Sweeny goes to the pasture of pain...

HC looking for some payback from those years he was at palacios... and sweeny was handing out butt-kickings...

Heard Bellville AD put a call into West Columbia for a game?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
of course this is just what I have heard... bellville peeps probably dont know anything about this... or is you do fill us in.

What do you mean? Huey put in many calls for a game, Brenham, WC, Cuero, thought we had 5a Morton Ranch, and there were others. Im sure this has nothing to do with what happened 20 years ago, we just wanted to play. So dont start in with he is looking for revenge.

Bull's-eye
09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm sure the HC was doing his best to get a quality opponent. I heard that 4A Brenham, 5A Morton Ranch and even West Columbia turned him down. Hempstead was a option, but he wanted to play a stronger team.

Gators17
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Port La Vaca, and Port Arthur both turned down offers as well.

scrub c
09-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
So dont start in with he is looking for revenge.

dude, why is it that YOU take everything regarding belville so personal???

scrub c
09-17-2008, 04:58 PM
I heard sweeny is switching to the bone in preparation for belville. any truth to that?

Dogs_21
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I didnt even know they were playing because sweeny had Houston Sterling this week!! But Im glad they get a ball game because they havent played in 2 Weeks!

Go dogs!!

Antec
09-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Wonder about Class 2A Hitchcock getting to play anytime soon

They really got it bad and starts district on Oct. 10

BrahmaMom
09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Glad to hear the Brahmas still strike fear in the hearts of men! GO BULLS!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-17-2008, 10:42 PM
dude, why is it that YOU take everything regarding belville so personal???

You were the one starting the post that said our Head coach was looking for pay-back, this has nothing to do with what happened 20 years ago. If you dont know what you are talking about just dont post!

zebrablue2
09-17-2008, 11:00 PM

or is you do peep-peep-peep?????---edit--edit--edit????

onsideanytime
09-18-2008, 08:49 AM
79-0 sweeny vs palacios back in the early 90's, i am sure the head brahma has not forgot

Bulligator
09-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Any high school team that runs up the score that much on a weaker opponent needs to have some retaliation. However, Bellville has nothing to do with Sweeney and Palacios in the early 90's. Most of the players weren't even born then. I'm sure that the coaches have worked that out by now and they hold no grudges. Let's just be glad that both teams are able to get a game in after Ike.

bobcat04
09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Both teams are well coached and Sweeny has improved since last season. That being said I expect Bellville to take this one in a hard fought game.

Bull's-eye
09-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Any high school team that runs up the score that much on a weaker opponent needs to have some retaliation. However, Bellville has nothing to do with Sweeney and Palacios in the early 90's. Most of the players weren't even born then. I'm sure that the coaches have worked that out by now and they hold no grudges. Let's just be glad that both teams are able to get a game in after Ike.

:iagree: Couldn't of said it any better. Coach Chancellor will not run up the score on anybody, I've seen him make heavy substitutions early in the game.

BrahmaMom
09-18-2008, 09:51 PM
I think Coach C gets a comfortable lead, then substitutes. Good strategy for lots of reasons. Let's hope we get our bench some game experience tomorrow night. Gotta have that win, tho'. Go Brahmas--take it to 'em on the Pasture!!

Dogs_21
09-19-2008, 12:50 AM
It wont be a blow out! so dont get so cocky!!

BrahmaMom
09-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Dogs_21: I am confident of my Brahmas, NEVER cocky, sorry I sounded so. After the last game we have no reason to be cocky. I am hoping the off week helped the Bulls learn from mistakes, become more confident on the field and ready to WIN! I was actually concurring w/ Bull's-eye. Coach C has at least one very good reason for substituting in leads of non-district games--in 2001 at Rockdale he lost his MLB to an ACL injury as he was turning to sub for him. He and I (that MLB's mom) won't ever forget that. So my comment was very personal, some on 3ADL understand that, sorry again if it sounded otherwise. That said, GO BULLS!!!!

BrahmaMom
09-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Also, Dogs_21, if you read my advice to my team on The Brahmas thread, you'll see I gave them some tough advice. Those guys aren't cocky, believe me. I just hope they are focused and ready tonight. I am sure they will be (there's that confidence again).

pancho villa
09-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Dogs by 21

trg
09-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Dogs_21: I am confident of my Brahmas, NEVER cocky, sorry I sounded so. After the last game we have no reason to be cocky. I am hoping the off week helped the Bulls learn from mistakes, become more confident on the field and ready to WIN! I was actually concurring w/ Bull's-eye. Coach C has at least one very good reason for substituting in leads of non-district games--in 2001 at Rockdale he lost his MLB to an ACL injury as he was turning to sub for him. He and I (that MLB's mom) won't ever forget that. So my comment was very personal, some on 3ADL understand that, sorry again if it sounded otherwise. That said, GO BULLS!!!!

Wells said BrahmaMom....I know where you are coming from. I am also confident in the Bulls. Good luck to the Brahmas tonight. We'll be rooting for you.

pancho villa
09-19-2008, 09:06 AM
the cows get beat by the dogs soundly.

cropduster
09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
I think the moo cows will be terrified of Sweeny's powder blue helmets. That being said, I like the dogs by 14.

ProudHornetMom
09-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
It wont be a blow out! so dont get so cocky!!

1. May want to check a dictionary on the difference between cocky and confidence.
2. May want to re-read Brahmamom's post to actually get the meaning of her post which was positive re-inforcement and confidence in her team which is very strong, very focused and back in the swing of winning.
3. Be respectful of the moms on the board. Having the word mom in the name would be a clue that it's a mom. And by the way, Brahmamom is knowledgable of football and Bellville football.

cropduster
09-19-2008, 11:06 AM
So if I put mom in front of my name will you respect me?

ProudHornetMom
09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Nope. It has to be in back of the name and you have to have documented proof that you have mom hormones and experience with being a football mom. Not easy to come by. ;)

cropduster
09-19-2008, 11:11 AM
How do you actually prove you have mom hormones on a message board?

themsu97
09-19-2008, 11:16 AM
you make homemade stuff and bake cakes and what not and watch Panch and Crop eat it in like 30 minutes because they are big fatties

ProudHornetMom
09-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cropduster

Told you it wasn't easy. :D

pancho villa
09-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I invite all Mom's on here to cook me their specialty. And cropduster and I will judge who cooks the best.

ProudHornetMom
09-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I invite all Mom's on here to cook me their specialty. And cropduster and I will judge who cooks the best.

Ha...it's 2008 not 1953. Peel your own grapes.

Now we have to get back to the topic at hand... Bellville and Sweeny.

:hijacktd:

pancho villa
09-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Ha...it's 2008 not 1953. Peel your own grapes.

Now we have to get back to the topic at hand... Bellville and Sweeny.

:hijacktd:

Do you know why women have small feet?

So they can stand closer to the stove.

themsu97
09-19-2008, 01:21 PM
dang Pancho... I can hear you getting fatter all the way up here

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Sweeny has a good running game and a decent passing attack. Average defense. Will be a good test, but Bellville SHOULD win.

Here's to hoping D 26 Represents well.

Bull's-eye
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Go Bulls!!

Dogs_21
09-19-2008, 04:30 PM
ok ok Brahma Mom or whatever! We will see ....!

zebrablue2
09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by cropduster

you already have--LOL...

zebrablue2
09-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
1. May want to check a dictionary on the difference between cocky and confidence.
2. May want to re-read Brahmamom's post to actually get the meaning of her post which was positive re-inforcement and confidence in her team which is very strong, very focused and back in the swing of winning.
3. Be respectful of the moms on the board. Having the word mom in the name would be a clue that it's a mom. And by the way, Brahmamom is knowledgable of football and Bellville football.

:clap::2thumbsup::D

BrahmaMom
09-19-2008, 06:18 PM
The way you check someone's "mom"ness on the thread--read what they write. Everyone who's been here a while can tell. Moms are the ones who inspire confidence, not cockiness, they are the first ones (almost) to pray for an injured player or family, they respect an opponent's victory and they are the ones who cook huge quantities of food for their offspring who they have taught the value of respect. Heck, go ask a mom, she can lay it out for you. Raising four sons has given me knowledge about a lot of things--football included. GO BRAHMAS-it's almost game time!

scrub c
09-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I have been away too long, this thread has me LMAO

BrahmaMom
09-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Congratulations on a well-fought contest Bulldogs. Dog_21, you too. It was a fun game, y'all have some stud players and should do well this season. For the Brahmas, I was glad to see fewer mistakes, glad to post a win and sorry to see our wounded. I'd still like to see more intensity from the coaches to the players on the field to the bench. Step it up a notch, Brahmas! Again, thanks Sweeny, a good game. Best of luck the rest of the year.