PDA

View Full Version : Wk 3 Sinton, Cuero, and WOS

Bullaholic
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Who are these teams playing this week, if at all:

Cuero vs Bay City?

Sinton vs Hebbronville?

WOS vs ?

I will have to plead ignorance on these games due to the effects of Ike, and I sure wish these folks well, but I know that all 3 teams are doing well so far and I enjoy reading the posts from their fans. Thanks for the correct info.

pirate4state
09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Yes, we play Hebbronville. They have one speedy back. I think primarily they are a run first team.

I'm pretty sure WOS doesn't have a game this week. They were scheduled to play Jasper. Both are still out of power and not in school. :(

44INAROW
09-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Cuero and Bay City are set and ready to go - in Cuero 7PM Friday..

Bullaholic
09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes, we play Hebbronville. They have one speedy back. I think primarily they are a run first team.

I'm pretty sure WOS doesn't have a game this week. They were scheduled to play Jasper. Both are still out of power and not in school. :(

Thanks, Rita. Where are all the Sinton and Cuero posters? Both of these school's fans used to be really active on the board, especially when their teams are doing well, but it seems that the Brownwood vs LH and similar threads are leading the pack now.

Maroon87
09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Brownwood/LH/Celina 2008 = Sweetwater/Snyder 2005.

Bullaholic
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero and Bay City are set and ready to go - in Cuero 7PM Friday..

Thanks to you, also, 44. The Black Cats still as tough as they used to be in the past?

44INAROW
09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Thanks to you, also, 44. The Black Cats still as tough as they used to be in the past?
they beat us last year - so I guess I'd have to say YEA - but I think we're going to be ready for them in our house Friday night...........
oops - did I just make a prediction? ;)

pirate4state
09-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks, Rita. Where are all the Sinton and Cuero posters? Both of these school's fans used to be really active on the board, especially when their teams are doing well, but it seems that the Brownwood vs LH and similar threads are leading the pack now. I guess we've calmed down some. LOL. It remains to be seen if we'll be back on top this year. (shhhh don't tell Ingleside :D ) ;)

I am looking forward to district this year. Overall, our district is down, IMO (homerism aside) there really is no clear cut favorite. I can scream at the top of my lungs that we'll reclaim our crown, but that doesn't mean much. :D

Old Green
09-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Rita. Where are all the Sinton and Cuero posters? Both of these school's fans used to be really active on the board, especially when their teams are doing well, but it seems that the Brownwood vs LH and similar threads are leading the pack now. We're still here Bull !:)

No real big fan base with the teams we're playing . When we had Sinton, Sealy, And Liberty Hill on the Schedule, there were always plenty of fans to debate with. Maybe in the playoffs we'll talk more:D

piratebg
09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I got my tickets today. I won't be able to make the parade Thursday but I'll be at the game with the whole clan with me.

Cat22
09-17-2008, 01:19 PM
All of 21-3A may not start playing again until district starts on October 10th. However I know power is back on at Orangefield so they may be able to start school as early as Monday. If so then we may be able to play on the 26th, not real sure about that though. Still a wait and see right now.

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Where are all the Sinton and Cuero posters? Both of these school's fans used to be really active on the board.
Don't forget some of the Cuero posters made the "rounds" multiple times. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
However I know power is back on at Orangefield so they may be able to start school as early as Monday. If so then we may be able to play on the 26th, not real sure about that though. Still a wait and see right now.
Awesome news on electricity! :)

Old Green
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
All of 21-3A may not start playing again until district starts on October 10th. However I know power is back on at Orangefield so they may be able to start school as early as Monday. If so then we may be able to play on the 26th, not real sure about that though. Still a wait and see right now. That's good news Cat22

44INAROW
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Don't forget some of the Cuero posters made the "rounds" multiple times. ;)

LHPM - are you implying that there have been certain Cuero posters that had more than 1 name?:confused: :D :D :D :D :D :D :p

Cat22
09-17-2008, 02:53 PM

The problem Orangefield is facing right now is getting staff back. Some of the staff live in Bridge City and lost everything. The BC Supt. said today he is hopeful they will be able to start in about three weeks.

WOS87
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm on day #5 without power here in central Houston. Just threw out everything in my fridge and freezer today.

:(

piratebg
09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I'm on day #5 without power here in central Houston. Just threw out everything in my fridge and freezer today.

:(

Ewww. That had to have smelled good. :speech:

pirate4state
09-17-2008, 03:00 PM
The problem Orangefield is facing right now is getting staff back. Some of the staff live in Bridge City and lost everything. The BC Supt. said today he is hopeful they will be able to start in about three weeks. I can't even imagine! I still haven't heard anything from the guys in Orange. :(

WOS87
09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
The latest from Entergy

CenterPoint Energy
1.37 million customers without power
2.258 million total customers
61 percent out
Updated: 12 p.m. Sept. 17

Entergy Texas
335,398 customers without power
395,000 total customers
85 percent out
Updated: 11:30 a.m. Sept. 17

Texas-New Mexico Power Co.
49,900 customers without power
113,000 total customers
44 percent out
Updated: 10 a.m. Sept. 17

Sam Houston Electric Cooperative
47,420 customers without power
66,000 total customers
87 percent out
Updated: 11:45 a.m. Sept. 17

Sources: The companies

TIMETABLE

Entergy Texas, which provides power in areas north and east of Houston, projects the following dates for restoration of full power. Some customers in these areas may have power sooner.

Sept. 21: Orange, Vidor
Sept. 22: Navasota
Sept. 23: Port Arthur, Port Neches
Sept. 25: The Woodlands, Winnie, Anahuac, Dayton, Ames, Daisetta, Saratoga
Sept. 29: Conroe, Silsbee, Lumberton, Woodville, Huntsville, Madisonville
Oct. 5: New Caney, Cleveland
Oct. 6: Beaumont, Silver Lake
Source: Entergy Texas

bulldog64
09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
I was curious as to what goes on with these school`s football teams. I know it`s not a major concern considering what has happened, but do these teams in the devastated areas still hold practice? Are games moved around and still played? Funny as it is, we all know sometimes sports can relieve a little of the stress these folks are under for just a moment at least. Good Luck to everyone affected and hopefully the power is on sooner rather than later. Oh how we take that light switch for granted. 5 days must feel like a lifetime without power.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LHPM - are you implying that there have been certain Cuero posters that had more than 1 name?:confused: :D :D :D :D :D :D :p
Oh no, now why would I do that? :devil: ;)

GUNHO
09-18-2008, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WOS87
[B]I'm on day #5 without power here in central Houston. Just threw out everything in my fridge and freezer today.

I got back to Orange last sunday.Woke up monday morning and to my surprize I had power.I had no damage but my son next door had a tree in his trailer.When Rita came through in 05,I had the damage and he didn't.My heart really goes out to those that had 4 to 6 foot of water in their homes.

Cat22
09-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
I was curious as to what goes on with these school`s football teams. I know it`s not a major concern considering what has happened, but do these teams in the devastated areas still hold practice? Are games moved around and still played? Funny as it is, we all know sometimes sports can relieve a little of the stress these folks are under for just a moment at least. Good Luck to everyone affected and hopefully the power is on sooner rather than later. Oh how we take that light switch for granted. 5 days must feel like a lifetime without power.

After Rita, the schools in this area played on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays. As far as 21-3A goes, district does not start until October 10th so I would like just about every school will be ready to go by then. I know 4A LCM is playing Kirbyville on Monday. As far as WOS and Orangefield, I would think that alot of kids are coming back into town and they may be able to start practicing sometime next week. I know Orangefield was scheduled to be off on October 3rd, but I think our coach is looking for someone to play to atlease get one game in before district starts. WOS has Brookshire Royal scheduled for October 3rd. I would think they will be ready to go by then. Of course this is all speculation on my part. As far as Bridge City, I'm really not sure what they will do. I'm hearing that anywhere from 80%-90% of the homes in BC were affected in someway. Their Supt. said yesterday he wants to start school in about 3 weeks. Hopefully they can.

pirate4state
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
After Rita, the schools in this area played on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays. As far as 21-3A goes, district does not start until October 10th so I would like just about every school will be ready to go by then. I know 4A LCM is playing Kirbyville on Monday. As far as WOS and Orangefield, I would think that alot of kids are coming back into town and they may be able to start practicing sometime next week. I know Orangefield was scheduled to be off on October 3rd, but I think our coach is looking for someone to play to atlease get one game in before district starts. WOS has Brookshire Royal scheduled for October 3rd. I would think they will be ready to go by then. Of course this is all speculation on my part. As far as Bridge City, I'm really not sure what they will do. I'm hearing that anywhere from 80%-90% of the homes in BC were affected in someway. Their Supt. said yesterday he wants to start school in about 3 weeks. Hopefully they can.

Thanks for the update Cat22. Keep us posted as you hear/get new information.