PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire-Royal vs Sealy?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
This will be sealys 1st game away from home, will the Falcons beat the tigers or will the tigers roll to 3-0. Give coments and predictions.

fireman1
09-16-2008, 10:29 PM
who has sealy played?

Bull's-eye
09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
who has sealy played?

Second Baptist & Hempstead.

onsideanytime
09-17-2008, 08:42 AM
sealy by 14+

teetle
09-17-2008, 10:17 AM
My Tigers will win this game by 14 pts. Brookshire cannot overcome the Tiger speed. Speed Kills. Ask Needville. who has none. Go Tigers.

STAggie
09-17-2008, 10:30 AM
This game will be closer than most think. Brookshire always brings top quality athletes. If Sealy can play mistake free football they should win easily. If the penalties pile up like they did against Hempstead look for Brookshire to capitalize and make it a long night for coach Mitchell.

Sealy 31
Royal 14

Bull's-eye
09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Sealy & Royal have both defeated Hempstead this year. Brookshire won by the score of 35-6, racking up 358 total yards while losing 4 fumbles. Sealy won 43-8 and had 320 total yards vs Hempstead. One note, this game was only 13-8 at halftime and Hempstead had 3 turnovers.

Sealy gets a scare from the Falcons, but they should win it going away.

Johnny Utah
09-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scotty
09-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Royal head coach David Walthall coached at Sealy a couple of times. Two of his assistants Marshall Green, defensive coordinator, and Coach Weber are Sealy grads and coached in Sealy. Green was on Mitchell's staff last year. This should add a bit to the flavor of the game. All three are great people and coaches as well.
Numerous other people from Sealy are on the staff as teachers or administrators at Royal. The Falcons have played only one game this season. They usually have fine skill kids and last season their track team indicated they would have great speed once again.

Antec
09-17-2008, 07:41 PM
it may be a road game but only a 20 minute drive

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Second Baptist & Hempstead.

What are these 2 teams records?

zebrablue2
09-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Antec
it may be a road game but only a 20 minute drive

10 is more like it...

STAggie
09-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Sealy wins 22-7. It was much like I predicted horrible penalties that made the game a lot closer than it should have been. Sealy also came out flat, but I think that has to do with the week off so early in the year. The refs were horrible and missed some blatant holding and late hit calls, but what can you expect in Brookshire. With that said Brookshire will surprise some people this year and I think they may even sneak in to the playoffs in the number 3 spot. They have a big athletic QB who can move and has an arm on him.

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What are these 2 teams records?
:confused: Is it relevent to this game?

Bull's-eye
09-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Sealy wins 22-7. It was much like I predicted horrible penalties that made the game a lot closer than it should have been.

I disagree, from what I heard from a coach who scouted the game, Sealy was fortunate to win by 15 points. Brookshire outgained Sealy 288 yds to 247 yds and averaged only 14.5 yards on 4 punts. The punting really hurt the Falcons field position and was a big factor in this game. Sealy was penalized 7 times to 6 times for BR. Sealy's QB was 1-12 for 10 yds passing. BR also lost the turnover battle 3-1.

STAggie
09-21-2008, 09:51 AM
The passing wasn't completely the qb's fualt. I counted between 3 to 5 dropped balls. Also the penalties against Royal mostly came after the game was decided and were offsides on the offensive line. What also hurt our qb were the 3 missed pass interference calls. The Royal yards also came on two late drives that were stopped inside the 20. The defense really came through, the yardage is deceptive as they had a few big plays.

boba fett
09-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Doesn't matter what Sealy did or didn't do....it will never be enough to satisfy these Bellville homers.

They can't be satisified with what THEIR team is accomplishing after a rough year last year, they have to critique everything their rival is or isn't doing and all because some stupid writers have ranked Sealy in the top 10!!

LOL

Morons!

Bull's-eye
09-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by boba fett
Doesn't matter what Sealy did or didn't do....it will never be enough to satisfy these Bellville homers.

They can't be satisified with what THEIR team is accomplishing after a rough year last year, they have to critique everything their rival is or isn't doing and all because some stupid writers have ranked Sealy in the top 10!!

LOL

Morons!

My information came from one of Sealy's future opponents (not Bellville) and I was was trying to give our posters a more accurate view of the game. STAggie's view of the game was a lot different than my friend's (a coach) and also the game stats.

I would also refrain from calling Bellville posters morons.

Necks_Fan
09-21-2008, 11:56 AM
My information came from one of Sealy's future opponents (not Bellville) and I was was trying to give our posters a more accurate view of the game. STAggie's view of the game was a lot different than my friend's (a coach) and also the game stats.

I would also refrain from calling Bellville posters morons. Yea, FBB can get a bit over the top when it comes to Sealy..... but Bulls-Eye's post was very informative....

ST Aggie... quit making excuses..... tell the game like it was....

If your qb is 1/12..... something ain't right.

7-6 in penalties..... out gained on the ground.... and they turned the ball over more...

Yes, you win..... but tell the game like it was instead of making your team try to sound better than it was.

STAggie
09-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I never tried to make my team sound better but maybe give some reasons some of the things happened. Those were my observations, maybe I saw some things different but that is what I believe to be the case. Everyone loves to get down on Sealy for everything but at the end of the day it was a win. Everyone keep talking about don't deserve top 10 this, don't deserve top 10 that and we will see who eats crow.

Necks_Fan
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I never tried to make my team sound better but maybe give some reasons some of the things happened. Those were my observations, maybe I saw some things different but that is what I believe to be the case. Everyone loves to get down on Sealy for everything but at the end of the day it was a win. Everyone keep talking about don't deserve top 10 this, don't deserve top 10 that and we will see who eats crow. In case you hadn't noticed before... I was won of the very few people who was very high on Sealy coming into this season.....

It just makes you look dumb when you say the game culd have been much worse than it was and Sealy got outgained and BR lost the turnover battle and had more penalties.

I think anybody who isn't blinded by their homerism can look at those stats and say it could have been alot closer.... not the other way around.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:confused: Is it relevent to this game?

Fireman1 ask who has sealy played?

I wanted to know what these 2 teams records were.

STAggie
09-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Necks my post wasn't directed at you but the doubters in general. Also, I do believe it could have been worse. Royal had some penalties that allowed them to continue some drives and killed momentum for our D and Sealy had a couple end some drives. With that being said I still believe we were lucky to have won this one and could have just as easily lost it. I know Royal will sneak up on some people and will more than likely make the playoffs, Their QB in an awesome athlete and the team is very well coached. I have a friend who coaches for Royal and he said about the same thing I said above.

headhunter
09-21-2008, 11:34 PM
What type of offense does Sealy run? I thought they were primarily a run first team.

pancho villa
09-22-2008, 08:03 AM
The final score will be 28-21

Bull's-eye
09-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
The final score will be 28-21

I say 22-7 Sealy.........since the game has already been played. :doh:

boba fett
09-22-2008, 12:42 PM

I would also refrain from calling Bellville posters morons.

I guess I just don't understand why you non-morons are so concerned with Sealy if in your opinion they are not worthy of the ranking. I understand about rivals, but almost every thread about Sealy is started by some non-moron from Bellville.

I think Bellville will beat Sealy and should be more concerned about Giddings than Sealy!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by boba fett
I understand about rivals, but almost every thread about Sealy is started by some non-moron from Bellville.

I think Bellville will beat Sealy and should be more concerned about Giddings than Sealy!

No one from sealy has started a thread about their games, but the week sealy plays Navsota they will fight to see who will start it first. And you would wounder why they would wait to start a thread that week?

Bull19
09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
No one from sealy has started a thread about their games, but the week sealy plays Navsota they will fight to see who will start it first. And you would wounder why they would wait to start a thread that week? if i had to make a guess it would be because their toughest oppenent to date has been Ike.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
sealy plays a private school this week, and no one has started a thread? What is ST pius's record?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
if i had to make a guess it would be because their toughest oppenent to date has been Ike.

Ike was not a bad thing for them, that was the week they were supposed to play 2a Rice C.

JR2004
09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
No one from sealy has started a thread about their games, but the week sealy plays Navsota they will fight to see who will start it first. And you would wounder why they would wait to start a thread that week?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
sealy plays a private school this week, and no one has started a thread? What is ST pius's record?
So what? We have a district game this week and no one has started a thread for that either. When there's no posters for the opponent, or maybe only one, it just doesn't necessarily need a thread. :doh:

Bull19
09-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So what? We have a district game this week and no one has started a thread for that either. ] so what???? maybe nobody cares

I_DONT_CARE
09-23-2008, 10:02 AM
so what???? maybe nobody cares
GOOD POINT! AND MAYBE NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OBVIOUS HATRED TOWARD SEALY! :rolleyes:

Bull19
09-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
GOOD POINT! AND MAYBE NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OBVIOUS HATRED TOWARD SEALY! :rolleyes: right back out there for your hatred for bellville. its pretty obvious

I_DONT_CARE
09-23-2008, 10:09 AM
right back out there for your hatred for bellville. its pretty obvious
I'M EQUAL OPPORTUNITY.

Bull19
09-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
I'M EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. I'M BULL19