PDA

View Full Version : Effect of Ike on the Field

kepdawg
09-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Jasper was off last Friday and is out of school this week and will not play WOS. I realize some areas, specifically Orange County, may not be thinking about getting on the field for a few more weeks. Some areas less affected, like Jasper, should probably be back on the field next week. How will it effect teams being off multiple weeks?

BobcatBenny
09-16-2008, 04:01 PM
I wonder if some towns lost their field. Literally. :thinking:

kepdawg has finally come up with an interesting topic. :clap:

sinfan75
09-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Jasper was off last Friday and is out of school this week and will not play WOS. I realize some areas, specifically Orange County, may not be thinking about getting on the field for a few more weeks. Some areas less affected, like Jasper, should probably be back on the field next week. How will it effect teams being off multiple weeks? Sinton will play their 1st game in 3 weeks. Guess we'll find out Friday.

Astrosdawg07
09-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Jasper was off last Friday and is out of school this week and will not play WOS. I realize some areas, specifically Orange County, may not be thinking about getting on the field for a few more weeks. Some areas less affected, like Jasper, should probably be back on the field next week. How will it effect teams being off multiple weeks?

Has anyone heard that status of Jasper's field, I forgot to drive by before I left after the storm. Jasper got hit pretty hard so I'd be surprised if there wasn't damage to the lights, stands, press box, score board, ect.

sinton66
09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Think about what salt water will do to regular grass.

3afan
09-16-2008, 07:38 PM

3afan
09-16-2008, 07:38 PM
football is such a low priority in affected areas ......

LINK (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86267)

Matthew328
09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
It is a low priority but it would be a nice diversion if they could get it going