PDA

View Full Version : Vernon ? Whiteside ?

Dominicfrank
09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Can any fellow Vernon fan tell me why Craig Whiteside didnt play RB against Argyle. Is he not supposed to be our feature back ? He is the only one back there that looks heavier than 150 lbs. He had 11 carries against Wylie for almost 70 yards.

firstdown
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
The running back they had was named Kyle something ? He was a big kid maybe 240ish. I asked one of the Vernon coaches and he said the starting running back was hurt.

Dominicfrank
09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Echols is the fullback. He is good as he racked up over 100 on Wylie but only as a ying yang type of thing. If Whiteside can come back I give us a chance but if doesnt we are in trouble I think.

lion75
09-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I went to the game. The off. line is the problem. Emmitt Smith couldn't have run behind that blocking. It was hideous. 3 first downs? I have never in my life seen a Vernon team do that. Ever.

fury900
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Echols is the fullback. He is good as he racked up over 100 on Wylie but only as a ying yang type of thing. If Whiteside can come back I give us a chance but if doesnt we are in trouble I think.

Echols is the RB is was hurt in the Altus game

Craig Whiteside is the fullback was hurt in the Altus game

Bryson Henry QT was hurt in a car wreck

Dominicfrank
09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Here is what the coach said about the backfield. I think Whiteside is a difference maker in the backfield and by not having him it really let the Argyle defense key ni on the up the middle FB plays by Echols.

"On offense, the line is “bigger” and Echols adds some pop at fullback. Whiteside will be playing more tailback this year."

Originally posted by fury900
Echols is the RB is was hurt in the Altus game

Craig Whiteside is the fullback was hurt in the Altus game

Bryson Henry QT was hurt in a car wreck

Dominicfrank
09-18-2008, 09:32 AM
In a 28-14 loss to Argyle, Vernon only mustered three first downs, one of which came on Eric Wilson’s 71-yard touchdown run. However, tailback Craig Whiteside only played defense because he is nursing an ankle injury.

Fullback Kyle Echols also played sparingly because he is beat up, and quarterback Ryan Smith hurt his ribs early on against the Eagles, although he stayed in most of the game.

Dominicfrank
09-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Now that cut from the paper had a couple of things wrong. I don't think you get a first down on a TD run, right ? Also the QB did not play most of the game. He was out and never came back.

VERNONLION#1
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Ryan the QB went out the last 2 min in first half, stayed out third qtr and went back in 4th. He went to Dr. on tues and has been released to play this week.

5wide
09-18-2008, 12:14 PM
saw the game as well. Probably the worst offensive vernon team I've ever seen! I saw vernon play decatur last year in a close game, vernon had athletes every where. Also saw them play against decatur in the 2003 playoffs where they had 2 stud running backs. What happend to the talent in big V?

footballmom
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Kyle has been to the dr. he has been released to play. just a strain on his ankle. THANK GOD !!! we will see how much he will play friday nite.

Dominicfrank
09-18-2008, 02:43 PM
From the sidelines it looked like Ryan strained a rib, paper said the same thing. Wasnt Whiteside the one out with an ankle? When does Whiteside come back to the backfield.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
What happend to the talent in big V?

They graduated and are playing college ball now. :)

VWG
09-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
In a 28-14 loss to Argyle, Vernon only mustered three first downs, one of which came on Eric Wilson’s 71-yard touchdown run. However, tailback Craig Whiteside only played defense because he is nursing an ankle injury.

Fullback Kyle Echols also played sparingly because he is beat up, and quarterback Ryan Smith hurt his ribs early on against the Eagles, although he stayed in most of the game.

Nursing an ankle injury.... but still playing defense? OK, I am confused on this one. If you're nursing an injury how does only playing defense help you? Being on the field with an injury, no matter how severe can't help the healing process.
I can understand, although disagree with it, that they might have been trying to limit the reps to just the defensive side of the ball... but still..... just doesn't make sense to me.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Who is on the schedule for the Lions tonight? -- sorry I'm out of the loop way up here in Kansas.

Brutus 1
09-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Caoch Hall will make the right decision you can reat assured, he will do what is best for the young man and the team!