Originally posted by orange machine
is it time for Brownwood, Abilene Wylie and Celina to hit the panic button
1. Non-district games don't count
2. You watch too many post-game shows.

Looking4number8
09-16-2008, 07:21 AM

No panic button for Brownwood or Wylie. Both schools schedule very tough preseason teams for a reason. I am not familiar with Celina and what they usualy do but I would think a 2nd loss in 3 years (i think that is right)... anyways, worse things have happened.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
No panic button for Brownwood or Wylie. Both schools schedule very tough preseason teams for a reason. I am not familiar with Celina and what they usualy do but I would think a 2nd loss in 3 years (i think that is right)... anyways, worse things have happened.

Go to BrownwoodLions.com and click on Brownwood results from '47 to '07 and then refer to the 2002 Season. It is never too late to do something great.

Aesculus gilmus
09-16-2008, 07:38 AM
I thought you were talking about the banking system when I saw the headline.

Gobbler Fan
09-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Even if it is you can still call Geico and save on Auto Insurance ...:thumbsup:

mwynn05
09-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
1. Non-district games don't count
2. You watch too many post-game shows. wylie will probably lose this week to la vega....but they will be the best 1-3 team in 3a i wouldnt wanna see them come playoff time i was pretty impressed with the second half adjustments they made against LH and if thats a reflection on their coaching staff thats a team you dont wanna play twice

Looking4number8
09-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Even if it is you can still call Geico and save on Auto Insurance ...:thumbsup:

Or stay at Holiday Inn Express.......... no telling what you could do after that nights sleep

Eric Cartman
09-16-2008, 08:17 AM
BW doesn't need a panic button, just a bag of lucky quarters:D

Lion_Addict
09-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Eric Cartman

:rolleyes: Keep on going dude....please. Gotta be Snydertiger-drool's kinfolk.

Eric Cartman
09-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Nope, born and raised Bwdian that's moved away and taken off the Maroon colored shades and have realised how much trouble bwd is in. Early is liable to be the powerhouse in that area in a couple of more alignments:(

I'm just disappointed that it had to come down to quarters.:mad:

cshscougar08
09-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Go to BrownwoodLions.com and click on Brownwood results from '47 to '07 and then refer to the 2002 Season. It is never too late to do something great.

Or 2006.

BwdLions
09-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Nope, born and raised Bwdian that's moved away and taken off the Maroon colored shades and have realised how much trouble bwd is in. Early is liable to be the powerhouse in that area in a couple of more alignments:(

I'm just disappointed that it had to come down to quarters.:mad:

Give me a break. Early a powerhouse? Have you looked at Early's record? You might do some research before you declare a 1-2 team a powerhouse. The Longhorns were beaten by a powerhouse (Cisco) in their first week. Clyde beat them last week. I guess you don't know as much as you thought you did. Oh and it's "realized" not realised. ;)

Pick6
09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Why in the world would anyone with any football knowledge panic over non-district games? What was Bandera's record a few years ago when they won state? Panic, after week 2? If that's the case then get a life.

jason
09-16-2008, 09:19 AM
forney was 6-4 going into the playoffs the year we played in the state championship...

Pick6
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by jason
forney was 6-4 going into the playoffs the year we played in the state championship...

Another perfect example of why not to panic.

Eric Cartman
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Notice I said in a couple of alignments. That would be in atleast 4-6 years. With players swimming across the bayou to play at Early, it's only a matter of time.;)

And don't blame my spelling on me, I was educated at Bwd:p

BwdLions
09-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Celina only has one loss. I don't think their fans are ready to jump off a building. Wylie and B'wood are playing a tough non-district schedule so it will help them down the road. It's a long season. We're just happy to be here. ;)

BwdLions
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Notice I said in a couple of alignments. That would be in atleast 4-6 years. With players swimming across the bayou to play at Early, it's only a matter of time.;)

And don't blame my spelling on me, I was educated at Bwd:p

I'm sure the truth of the matter is, you couldn't cut it at Brownwood and finished somewhere else. I went to Brownwood 12 years and can spell just fine. Oh and I guess it happened after you left, but they built a bridge acorss the Pecan Bayou. The fleeing players can now drive or walk across to Early.

Bullaholic
09-16-2008, 09:29 AM
The only games that count are after district play. I remember in 2001 the Bulls were 5-5 going into the playoffs, and everybody was saying "What are they doing here?" The Bulls went to the semis that year. Every team we played in non-district was a playoff team. If a team is decent and manages to "peak" at the end of the year, catch a little playoff pairing luck, they can go deeper than many thought at the beginning of the year.

LionKing
09-16-2008, 09:38 AM
In 2003, North Crowley went 0-4, then never lost another game on route to the DI 4A state title.

gibby
09-16-2008, 09:43 AM

I like your question. Reguarding Wylie, I know we get a new infusion of players each year. There is a lot of differance in playing at this level. It usually takes a few weeks to sync up.
Wylie will get there. It just takes time.

Eric Cartman
09-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Easy killer.....Yes I did graduate from Bwd and I've got a couple of friends on the coaching staff there, from the outside looking in, it's not all peaches 'n cream right now. Hopefully they turn it around and have a great season in 3a. I'll eat my bbq crow at the end of the season if they do. I'm just not going to hold my breathe at the moment though.

I guess picking on Bwd when they're down is like playing with a pissed off rattlesnake......you're just asking for it to bite ya.

Texasfootball2
09-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Why? Non district games are for preperation for district play and hopefully playoffs.

The only time to hit the panic button would be if your have several key season ending injuries to key players.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The only games that count are after district play. I remember in 2001 the Bulls were 5-5 going into the playoffs, and everybody was saying "What are they doing here?" The Bulls went to the semis that year. Every team we played in non-district was a playoff team. If a team is decent and manages to "peak" at the end of the year, catch a little playoff pairing luck, they can go deeper than many thought at the beginning of the year.

Smartest post I have read on the downlow, yet.

:2thumbsup :iagree:

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Same with Atlanta in 02 or 03. Had 4 non-district losses all to 4A playoff teams. Smoked everyone in the playoffs -- not even 1 close game -- won the state championship.

Celina hitting the panic button - you have to be kidding.

jimmyceatworld
09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
In 2003, North Crowley went 0-4, then never lost another game on route to the DI 4A state title.

Well that's only because they had a come to Jesus meeting ;)

Old Tiger
09-16-2008, 06:09 PM
YES! PANIC NOW!!!!!!! OOOOOOOH GEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mschaut.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/panic-button.jpg

Maroon87
09-16-2008, 06:16 PM
My alma mater Texas A&M-Kingsville began the '93 season 0-5, but went on to win the conference and advanced to the national semis where they lost 27-25 to eventual champ North Alabama.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
My alma mater Texas A&M-Kingsville began the '93 season 0-5, but went on to win the conference and advanced to the national semis where they lost 27-25 to eventual champ North Alabama.

Tradition Never Graduates!!!! I love that. Calallen should know...

spotbilt
09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree that there is NO reason to panic. Pre district is just what it says Pre district. No team has ever won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in week 2 ! Have they ?

Emerson1
09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Forney had 4 losses going into the playoffs and went down to the wire in the state championship

Trashman
09-16-2008, 08:36 PM

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/teamkillers-flame-thrower-demotivational-poster.jpg

orange machine
09-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Thats funny:clap: