PDA

View Full Version : Why No LH in Regular Season

SpursFan
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Just a quick question! Why do you think LH did not want to play Cuero in nondistrict schedule?? I have been wondering that for weeks since the schedule came out.

Cuero has always found it hard to find teams to play!

We had a good rivalry a few years with Sealy, Columbus, and Sinton until they decided they could not play the Gobblers anymore!

I guess add liberty Hill to the list of not being up to playing Cuero in Nondistrict!!!

Any other teams come to mind??

3afan
09-15-2008, 07:05 PM
:doh:

Emerson1
09-15-2008, 07:10 PM
How do you know Cuero didn't want to play LH? They have after all done something recently

ProudHornetMom
09-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by SpursFan
Just a quick question! Why do you think LH did not want to play Cuero in nondistrict schedule?? I have been wondering that for weeks since the schedule came out.

We had a good rivalry a few years with Sealy, Columbus, and Sinton until they decided they could not play the Gobblers anymore!

I guess add liberty Hill to the list of not being up to playing Cuero in Nondistrict!!!

:stirpot: ooohhhhhh that's bad.

I heard it was a scheduling issue of which date available to play. That's a BIG difference from not being "up to playing" Cuero.

SpursFan
09-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
:stirpot: ooohhhhhh that's bad.

I heard it was a scheduling issue of which date available to play. That's a BIG difference from not being "up to playing" Cuero.

Well I guess we have to wait to next year to see if another scheduling issue comes up again! LOL!!!!

solocam
09-15-2008, 07:14 PM
I heard that Cuero did not want to play Liberty Hill
Thats what my sources say anyway

SpursFan
09-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by solocam
I heard that Cuero did not want to play Liberty Hill
Thats what my sources say anyway

My source from the HEAD Coach says it was Liberty Hill! That is why we had to drive so far for our 2 out of 3 games so far!

Robstown and would have been Devine

44INAROW
09-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
:doh:
x2

I am pretty sure that Cuero and Liberty Hill didn't play this year due to a scheduling issue - Plain and simple! It's evident from LH's pre-district schedule, they aren't skeered to play ANYONE....

My source from the HEAD Coach says it was Liberty Hill! That is why we had to drive so far for our 2 out of 3 games so far!

you're saying Coach Reeve told you this himself? I am not calling anyone a liar, but IF (big IF) he said this - I bet he was joking and assumed anyone he said it to understood that.

Well I guess we have to wait to next year to see if another scheduling issue comes up again! LOL!!!!

since the schedules are for 2 years - it's a pretty safe bet we won't play LH next year either :doh:

I_DONT_CARE
09-15-2008, 07:27 PM

OH POOR CUERO. HAD TO DRIVE SOMEWHERE TO PLAY A GAME!

YES, I'M QUITE SURE THE TWO TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS NEED TO BE ADDED TO THE LONG LIST OF TEAMS NOT BEING UP TO PLAY CUERO IN NONDISTRICT!

LMAO!

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
x2

Double for me!

sinton66
09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
:rolleyes:

LHexPlayer
09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
:blahblah: :blahblah:

charlesrixey
09-15-2008, 08:42 PM
hmmm...... interesting

popcorn screen
09-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Be thankful that you couldnt work it out. Sometimes you get what you ask for and right now, LH is beating a lot of good teams in the past 2.2 years.:thinking:

Emerson1
09-15-2008, 09:22 PM

The 2 hour drive to LH isn't long?

And the HC probably has no idea who you are

Gobbler Fan
09-15-2008, 11:08 PM
lol talk about throwing something out there from left field :vrycnfsd:

Im pretty sure LH would have played us if the scheduling would have allowed . LH has won the last 2 state championships... we haven't . No need to call them out on anything . The last couple of years when LH and Cuero played those were some of the best football games both teams had all year . Good luck to a very classy team and a great fanbase the rest of the year....except when you play us of course if that were to happen :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Blame it on the train in Luling! :devil: :p

CHSVARSITYDAD
09-16-2008, 10:29 AM
From the admin. and coaches this was strictly a scheduling issue and nothing else. Both teams would have loved to play each other. Good luck to LH and their classy program!

Pick6
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I guess since LH didn't schedule the other 166 or so 3A teams that they were scared of all the them also. :rolleyes:

Centextrash
09-16-2008, 10:50 AM
I heard that the only week that would work for both schools was this week and LH already had Brownwood on the schedule.

Maroon87
09-16-2008, 11:18 AM

If last year is any indicator, you're gonna have your hands full enough with Bay City.

Texasfootball2
09-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Do you really and honestly think that the Head Coach would admit to you that "He" didn't want to play if that was truely the case. Only two people know, LH's coach and Cuero's coach. Both would probably answer the question the same way. :D

wimbo_pro
09-16-2008, 11:27 AM

LH is just a pack of scaredy-cat panthers who run from any team that MIGHT be able to keep the score close. This is the reason.

Sissies!!!!

JT44
09-16-2008, 11:35 AM

:tisk:

cuero and LH's non district schedules are pretty good as is

solocam
09-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Wimbo is one mean Texan:doh:

SpursFan
09-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
If last year is any indicator, you're gonna have your hands full enough with Bay City.

This reminds me!!! I forgot to add CALALLEN to the list of previous Gobbler opponents with scheduling problem!!!

LOL!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Daddy D 11
09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
I heard that the only week that would work for both schools was this week and LH already had Brownwood on the schedule.

You didnt hear..you know:D

IHStangFan
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM

Any other teams come to mind?? First I'll say be careful what you wish for. Second, I'll go on record as saying that the majority of fans around the DL are great people. Then there are a select few that like to toot their own horns, talk down at other fans, beat the chests, etc. Funny thing is....these people are usually real easy to pick out as, their name doesn't ring a bell and it usually says "Aug 2008" or some very recent date next to their name. Majority of em are fair weather fans...."oh my team is winning in impressive fashion so far this year, so I'm going to go and make outlandish claims and mess", then their team loses and they disappear. We all know the type. Cuero is a great program, but to come in here and basically try and call out LH and their fans. Hey...quick question...when's the last time Cuero won a state title? I believe LH has 2 in the last 2 yrs.

IHStangFan
09-16-2008, 09:52 PM
nm :)

Maroon87
09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
This reminds me!!! I forgot to add CALALLEN to the list of previous Gobbler opponents with scheduling problem!!!

LOL!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

That's OK. We're also on the list of opponents with a "we beat Cuero 3 out of 4" problem. Since you and Reeve are so tight, I'll send you Danaher's number so you can give it to him & they can set up more games.

IHStangFan
09-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That's OK. We're also on the list of opponents with a "we beat Cuero 3 out of 4" problem. Since you and Reeve are so tight, I'll send you Danaher's number so you can give it to him & they can set up more games. LOL!! Awesome!

BOCEPHUS
09-17-2008, 05:01 AM
THE HILL OPEN'D UP IN GIDDINGS, THEN TRICKLE UP NORTH TO WYLIE............AIN'T TOO MANY TEAMS DONE THAT AND CAME OUT 2-0, IN FACT I WILL GO OUT ON THAT BY GAWD LIMB AND SAY THEY IS THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN DO IT.

'ANYONE-ANYTIME-ANYPLACE'

K-MAC Chuck
09-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
THE HILL OPEN'D UP IN GIDDINGS, THEN TRICKLE UP NORTH TO WYLIE............AIN'T TOO MANY TEAMS DONE THAT AND CAME OUT 2-0, IN FACT I WILL GO OUT ON THAT BY GAWD LIMB AND SAY THEY IS THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN DO IT.

And let's not forget - Lib Hill also hosts Brownwood at home this weekend after beating up an athletic, talented Manor team last week.

*Giddings
*Ab Wylie
*Manor
*Brownwood
Not TOO BAD of a non-district schedule!

firstcat
09-17-2008, 09:13 AM
in regard to Wimpo-Pro calling us sissies...

Really? Funny, but LH tried to schedule a game with Lake Travis, and they said they wouldn't play a 3A team...the very next week, they were trying to schedule a game with Wimberley...what does that tell you? LH=threat to the reigning 4A State Champs...Wimberley=no threat, notch on belt

wimbo_pro
09-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by firstcat

Really? Funny, but LH tried to schedule a game with Lake Travis, and they said they wouldn't play a 3A team...the very next week, they were trying to schedule a game with Wimberley...what does that tell you? LH=threat to the reigning 4A State Champs...Wimberley=no threat, notch on belt

Pssst...FirstCat...it was tongue-in-cheek. How can anyone doubt LH's confidence when they have scheduled THREE top 10 teams in the pre-district schedule. It's ridiculous.

44INAROW
09-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Pssst...FirstCat...it was tongue-in-cheek. How can anyone doubt LH's confidence when they have scheduled THREE top 10 teams in the pre-district schedule. It's ridiculous.

;) **refer to my post on the "other page" :p

DaHop72
09-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Pssst...FirstCat...it was tongue-in-cheek. How can anyone doubt LH's confidence when they have scheduled THREE top 10 teams in the pre-district schedule. It's ridiculous. Don't back down you big sissy, I watched them play Wylie. They are just a bunch of 99 lb. weaklings when they are dripping wet and I stood beside #74, he can't weigh 75lbs. :D :D

wimbo_pro
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Don't back down you big sissy, I watched them play Wylie. They are just a bunch of 99 lb. weaklings when they are dripping wet and I stood beside #74, he can't weigh 75lbs. :D :D

Yeah!! Sissies...all of them!!! WAIT A MINUTE??? You calling ME a sissy now???

DaHop72
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah!! Sissies...all of them!!! WAIT A MINUTE??? You calling ME a sissy now??? Now, no you've been a sissy a long time.:devil:

Rocket
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by firstcat

Hearsay..

wimbo_pro
09-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Now, no you've been a sissy a long time.:devil:

Oh yeah...

crabman
09-17-2008, 10:04 PM
That's OK. We're also on the list of opponents with a "we beat Cuero 3 out of 4" problem. Since you and Reeve are so tight, I'll send you Danaher's number so you can give it to him & they can set up more games.

I do know for sure that Cuero played Calallen until they finally beat them and then hauled a$$ as quick as they could.

I am pretty sure LH was a scheduling conflict.

lange4
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know why ya'll keep saying saying one team is scared to schedule another because everybody likes to schedule as tough a schedule as they can. With travel considerations, and other schools scheduling requirments, we all do the best we can.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 06:35 AM
This is from the best source at LH.

The teams on our schedule are the only teams that would play us. When you win 2 state champs, not too many teams are lining up at your door to play you. Cuero was the only one who actually called us for a game, but we had already committed to Brownwood for the same date.

If they were 4-a, 3-A, or 2-A in the area we called them...usually to get cussed at or laughed at. The HC at Salado said he would rather have 2 open dates than play Liberty Hill.

3afan
09-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

The HC at Salado said he would rather have 2 open dates than play Liberty Hill.

and depending on a team's/program's current "state of affairs", the right move is to NOT play a "Liberty Hill" ...

JT44
09-22-2008, 02:10 PM
If two great programs want to play each other, they will schedule these new found rivalries as long as they can.

This realignment has also taken a toll on a lot of schedules.

Cuero played Sealy alot in the 90's in the regular season and playoffs and continued playing them up until '04 I think.

The LH/Cuero rivalry will continue one day.

It will make it that much sweeter if they meet in the playoffs!