PDA

View Full Version : Madison vs. Lincoln: The South Dallas Super Bowl

JR2004
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
This is the one game every year I can't wait to go to! There's not a more heated rivalry in the Metroplex (Everything these two schools compete in against each other is heated. Put these two schools together on a golf course and they'd have to be separated...lol.) or the state for that matter.

Last season we were at least a 4TD underdog to Lincoln, but we took them to overtime and lost 35-34 on a missed extra point. We were later awarded the victory when it was found out Lincoln's star RB, Mason Hayes, was ineligible. I guess technically we're going for three in a row this year. That hasn't happened since the late 80's in this rivalry. I personally don't even care what happens later on down the line in the playoffs. This season will be successful if we beat the Purple Tigers!

kaorder1999
09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Jr...have you heard what is going on over at Lincoln....if not PM me and ill fill you in!

JR2004
09-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Jr...have you heard what is going on over at Lincoln....if not PM me and ill fill you in!

I got a call last night from a friend about someone over there, but he wasn't able to elaborate on it because he didn't have the full story. Send me a PM.

pirate4state
09-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by JR2004 I personally don't even care what happens later on down the line in the playoffs. This season will be successful if we beat the Purple Tigers! [/B]

oh man..................

kaorder1999
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Lincoln got a LOT better when they got those kids from Spruce!

JR2004
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Lincoln got a LOT better when they got those kids from Spruce!

Their depth and talent level really improved quite a bit when the former players from Spruce showed up on the doorstep of the Purple Tigers. Many of those kids would've been at Madison, but Bonner (Spruce's safety that committed to Colorado State) didn't like it that he would've had to play LB for Madison instead of safety so he went to Lincoln instead and several of his teammates followed him there such as the WR Mayberry. Bonner is plenty good and big at 6'2" 225. He was just too slow to play in our secondary with a 4.7 forty. We have a few talented Spruce players like Julius Nelson (He's the best player from Spruce on either team.) and several linemen as well.

NastySlot
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
This is the one game every year I can't wait to go to! There's not a more heated rivalry in the Metroplex (Everything these two schools compete in against each other is heated. Put these two schools together on a golf course and they'd have to be separated...lol.) or the state for that matter.

Last season we were at least a 4TD underdog to Lincoln, but we took them to overtime and lost 35-34 on a missed extra point. We were later awarded the victory when it was found out Lincoln's star RB, Mason Hayes, was ineligible. I guess technically we're going for three in a row this year. That hasn't happened since the late 80's in this rivalry. I personally don't even care what happens later on down the line in the playoffs. This season will be successful if we beat the Purple Tigers!

hey do you live in the area...do they still have Henderson's chicken in the fair park area?..............my dad used to work at the Procter and Gamble plant when I was growing up and he would always bring that chicken home...man it was great....I think it was over by Lincoln.

JR2004
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
hey do you live in the area...do they still have Henderson's chicken in the fair park area?..............my dad used to work at the Procter and Gamble plant when I was growing up and he would always bring that chicken home...man it was great....I think it was over by Lincoln.

Henderson's is still there last time I checked. They've got some great chicken and really everything on the menu is awesome. It's one of those places that you wouldn't go looking for, but if you found it you'd be hooked for life.

There also used to be a really, really good BBQ place as well in the neighborhood, but the owner passed away a couple of years ago so it had to shut down. I just can't think of the man's name. I should know it as many times as I ate there before he passed. The man could make some amazing ribs!

JR2004
09-19-2008, 02:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdSJXPDtjs

If I hear the above song tonight 8 or 9 times we'll have had a good night I think. If I only hear it a couple or three times it's going to be a long night and a very, very bad loss. I'm hoping for 8 or 9 two and a half minute fight songs being played (That's right that's our fight song. No namby pamby college fight song for the Trojans!). We play the WHOLE song after TD's and our band has often still been playing when the ball is ready to get kicked off. :)

JR2004
09-19-2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/091908dnspohotpicks.19d728a.html

Tim MacMahon's Hot Picks from the DMN

Lincoln vs. Madison

Lincoln was a more talented team than its Fair Park rival before the influx of playmakers from Spruce. The South Dallas Super Bowl is a mismatch now. However, I'll take the Madison band to win the most entertaining halftime show in the state.

Lincoln 31, Madison 7

Well at least he has the Fresh Ones winning halftime. I think I should just stay home...

:(