PDA

View Full Version : Which game to go to? (WF area)

Manck
09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Alright, the scheduling gawds have appeased my sacrifices, and I will be in Texas this weekend.

Newberry plays at Midwestern State at 7pm in Wichita Falls.

I've tried to explain the 3A football experience, and I've been able to convince the bosses to come to a game with me.

HOWEVER, boss doesn't do long road trips for any game we're not playing in, so we're relatively limited in our area.

Please vote below for which game I should take them to to show the full experience. Remember, if you choose Other, it HAS to be close to WF.

GreenMonster
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I'd go to Gainesville @ Burk. Both IP and Graham appear to be down this year. Burk is pretty stinkin' good. I have no idea what Gainesville has, but from what I have gathered they aren't very good either.

Old Tiger
09-15-2008, 12:19 PM
burk will blowout gainesville

IP/Graham will be a good game

mchavez
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'd go to Gainesville @ Burk. Both IP and Graham appear to be down this year. Burk is pretty stinkin' good. I have no idea what Gainesville has, but from what I have gathered they aren't very good either.

I'd rather watch two sorry teams play, who have historic rivalry, than a a game where one team is a lot more dominate than the other. Go with Graham/IP

BwdLions
09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
burk will blowout gainesville

IP/Graham will be a good game

I agree burk should blowout Gainsville. The matchup of Graham/IP will give one of those teams their first win of the season. It should be a better game.

CenTexSports
09-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Don't know for sure about this weekend but there are some GREAT 2a games in that area of the state. You might want to check.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I heard that Rider is supposed to be pretty good. Maybe they're playing in WF or close if one of the other games doesn't suit you. :)

Manck
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Rider is playing AT John Tyler. Would love that game, but if I was making a trip east, I would just as soon go to Gilmer-Kilgore.

Could be wrong, but not that many 2A games in the area this week, and the 4A district is in a bye week, unless I'm reading something wrong.

VWG
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Graham - IP would be your best bet.
2A Holliday and WF Hirschi are playing... but that wouldn't give you a better game than Graham/IP.
Rider is out of town, Old High has an open date...
Burk is really good, and that game with Gainesville should be over by halftime.
Maybe catch first half of the Burk game, drive 25 minutes and catch the second half of the Hawks game!

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Manck my name is Terry..how are u

kepdawg
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Euless Trinity @ Allen!

Manck
09-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Hi Manck my name is Terry..how are u a/s/l?

:D

popcorn screen
09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
IP vs. Graham a good game? Ip will run all night and Graham will throw it. Congrats to who wins. However, if your team loses, they are in for a long year.

VWG
09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
IP vs. Graham a good game? Ip will run all night and Graham will throw it. Congrats to who wins. However, if your team loses, they are in for a long year.

Hey popcorn... Ellis and the Hawks are a changed crew. They're running a spread offense as their main offense now. Soph. QB has some skills and the mean green are throwing more than they ever had.

Matthew328
09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Trinity vs. Allen is a good one..
Allen's stadium is a lot of fun to go to....

I'm going to Plano-Temple!

lion75
09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
there's a lot of six man out that way

Manck
09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
ttt to keep this on front page.

Also, still waiting hear from Terry about my question.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Looks like a down week in the area it seems. I would watch Burk because I like to see a good running team. But Buk's stadium is terrible. Dirt underneath the bleachers gets kicked up by all the kids and is everywhere. Bad experience or sit on the visitor's side.

injuredinmelee
09-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Hey popcorn... Ellis and the Hawks are a changed crew. They're running a spread offense as their main offense now. Soph. QB has some skills and the mean green are throwing more than they ever had.
Lee Clubb might be a name we hear a lot over the next three years.